Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up watching an episode of Outlaw Star from the Japanese Blu-Ray release. DAMN. Funimation needs to move its ass with releasing this here.

So I finally got around to watching Steins;Gate. Yeah, wow... the hype was not an exaggeration there. My all time favorites list has a happy new member.
Yeah, it is a truly great series. I'm glad my brother kept pressuring me to give it a blind buy. Hopefully the movie gets a stateside blu-ray release soon.

Got Genshiken in from NISA today. The bonus item was a bit disappointing and not worth the extra $$$ from buying over RS lol. The book is only like 6 pages though has a short manga strip which is kinda cool I guess. 

Need some anime suggestions.

I recently started thinking about my old vhs collection of anime movies I gave away awhile a long time ago and have wanted to start looking for any of the old movies that are on dvd or blu ray but sadly I have forgotten a lot of them and looking for suggestions.

I have on dvd some of the ones I liked a lot like 8 man, demon city shinjuku, ninja scroll, akira, dominion tank police, md geist, vampire hunter d, devilman, fist of the north star, record of lodoss war, venus wars and such already and was looking for other movies from that time period along those lines that are on dvd/blu ray.

Im not looking for a series. I always liked the movies because I could get the story and all in one sitting in a couple hours. Also looking for older stuff.

easy way to filter anime on hastings?
Complete Series and Complete Collection will get you most series, though you can also just search for "Part" to get the, well, Part releases.

Also, I believe most anime is now grouped under "TV Shows" so you could search that grouping too.

I recently started thinking about my old vhs collection of anime movies I gave away awhile a long time ago and have wanted to start looking for any of the old movies that are on dvd or blu ray but sadly I have forgotten a lot of them and looking for suggestions.

I have on dvd some of the ones I liked a lot like 8 man, demon city shinjuku, ninja scroll, akira, dominion tank police, md geist, vampire hunter d, devilman, fist of the north star, record of lodoss war, venus wars and such already and was looking for other movies from that time period along those lines that are on dvd/blu ray.

Im not looking for a series. I always liked the movies because I could get the story and all in one sitting in a couple hours. Also looking for older stuff.
Check out Slayers, the first three seasons (from around that time) are on a complete collection for relatively cheap, and they made 2 more half-seasons about 10 years later.

Bubblegum Crisis. Wings of Honneamise. Patlabor movies. 3x3 Eyes. Berserk. Project A-Ko. Iria. Gunsmith Cats. Fatal Fury movie and OVA. Cowboy Bebop. Golden Boy. Outlaw Star. Evangelion. Giant Robo. Battle Angel. Armitage III.

Some of those are series, but they're mostly short OVA series similar to Lodoss and Fist of the North Star. In any case, they are mostly similar to the ones you listed.

There's a lot of great newer stuff too. The Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex series is fantastic.

Got Genshiken in from NISA today. The bonus item was a bit disappointing and not worth the extra $$$ from buying over RS lol. The book is only like 6 pages though has a short manga strip which is kinda cool I guess.
So it cost us an extra $4 but you get the tiny book and points from NISA too.

So I haven't been charged for Ben-to yet and the new release date was for today.

Another delay perhaps? I used TRSI and they usually get Funi titles like 2 weeks early as far as my purchases with them go.

Anyone else have them ship from Amazon or Funi's store yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I haven't been charged for Ben-to yet and the new release date was for today.

Another delay perhaps? I used TRSI and they usually get Funi titles like 2 weeks early as far as my purchases with them go.

Mine shipped from Amazon on Monday and it'll be here today. I never get Funi stuff 2 weeks early from RS. Now Sentai stuff yeah, get that all the time early. But Funi stuff usually gets to me about the time it is street dated. I have yet to ever get a Funi release before the street date.

I preordered my copy from Amazon and it's getting delievered today. I don't know what happen to RS. lol

I thought that might be the case, since none of their product images gave us any sense of the book's thickness. That's disappointing, but I'm just happy to be able to get the series at this point. The show kind of got pushed off to the side in the US while fans all moved on to their Madokas, their Steins;Gates, and their Attack on Titanses.

I thought that might be the case, since none of their product images gave us any sense of the book's thickness. That's disappointing, but I'm just happy to be able to get the series at this point. The show kind of got pushed off to the side in the US while fans all moved on to their Madokas, their Steins;Gates, and their Attack on Titanses.
I am a fan of NISA's new art boxes also. They are super thick and each disk case are sealed inside as well. I had the first two seasons w/ art box from forever ago and just ordered Kujibiki Unbalance during the holiday sale for completion purpose. Though the newest series was very different, it was still enjoyable and its nice to have a set in HD.

I just received my limited Edition copy from Amazon. Looks great!!

Yea they oversold for the original shipment, but they are still going slow in general though bc my one piece didn't ship yet either

I placed my order on: May 15 2014. I might just cancel my order from Rightstuf and order from Amazon. Since I still have my Student Prime Account.

http://www.rightstuf.com/site/main/news/individual/FT0000007534.html

We have experienced an unfortunate delay in the arrival of our stock of both the limited edition and standard edition of FUNimation's Ben-To, both of which were released today. After checking with FUNimation, we confirmed our stock has indeed shipped out to us and is slated to arrive later this week. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will announce and post pictures on our Facebook page when our inventory arrives.

Actually yes. It's been reserved for me, just waiting for another item. :lol:

I eventually decided to cancel the backordered item, so it'll be shipping out tomorrow along with Deadman Wonderland.
My brother had bought me some blu's and the slayers 1-3 during rightstuf sale and everything shipped except for the slayers due to out of stock and he now tells me he canceled the remaining order which was slayers :(

1495496_1025488574146903_7956778095187398048_n.jpg

Crunchyroll Inc. and Discotek Media will be working together to bring some of your favorite anime series to home video this year. The initial titles will be Free! -Iwatobi Swim Club, Recently My Sister is Unusual, Galilei Donna, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, and Strike the Blood. All series will be available subtitled on DVD later this year. Further details will be announced at a later date.

Darn. Was hoping Strike the Blood would get a Blu Ray release. 

Crunchyroll Inc. and Discotek Media will be working together to bring some of your favorite anime series to home video this year. The initial titles will be Free! -Iwatobi Swim Club, Recently My Sister is Unusual, Galilei Donna, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, and Strike the Blood. All series will be available subtitled on DVD later this year. Further details will be announced at a later date.

Darn. Was hoping Strike the Blood would get a Blu Ray release.
I hope crunchy does a once over their subs to fix any errors before putting them to dvd.

bread's done
Back