Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, given that I'm already going down the UK rabbit hole, I'm just not giving AoA any of my money. Especially considering that my order of Blue Exorcist complete, plus the movie, plus durarara, plus the first part of Fate Zero is about the same as just Durarara from those rotten twats lol.

The biggest issue that I know is there are a few scenes where needed on-screen text is missing in the english dub track. You can turn subs on for those scenes, but a partial-sub option for on-screen text would have been best.

These issues are nonexistent for the sub track AFAIK. You can also turn subs on for those scenes if you really want to. This being said, Durarara is one of the more affordable series from AoA since it is about the same price for 24 episodes that they usually charge for 13
ah, then if I can't get the replacement disks it won't be a big issue. In general I watch physical anime (aka my dvds/blu rays) with an english dub with the japanese audio subtitles on.

The biggest issue that I know is there are a few scenes where needed on-screen text is missing in the english dub track. You can turn subs on for those scenes, but a partial-sub option for on-screen text would have been best.

These issues are nonexistent for the sub track AFAIK. You can also turn subs on for those scenes if you really want to. This being said, Durarara is one of the more affordable series from AoA since it is about the same price for 24 episodes that they usually charge for 13
The UK version has the following issues:

-Zero translation for all text on screen -- this includes all of the chat and cell phone conversations with Celty (Which includes ones that she does not say mentally which can make some scenes confusing)

-Every episode automatically switches to the sub once it starts

-Subs have timing issues and typos

-Menus apparently lead to the wrong episodes and parts (never really used them).

I can confirm the top three issues myself as I've experienced them. The AoA release did not have these issues. All the Anime claimed they outsourced their QA for the release to Australia and blamed them for the mishaps.

ah, then if I can't get the replacement disks it won't be a big issue. In general I watch physical anime (aka my dvds/blu rays) with an english dub with the japanese audio subtitles on.
International replacements still have no ETA but have been promised.

I'm checking eBay to buy the Cowboy Bebop DVD set (it is a format I am going to watch, as the PS3 is rarely used as a bluray player), and I am wondering if I should get the Funimation version at $30 or the Bandai Remix set at $20 any thoughts?

I'm checking eBay to buy the Cowboy Bebop DVD set (it is a format I am going to watch, as the PS3 is rarely used as a bluray player), and I am wondering if I should get the Funimation version at $30 or the Bandai Remix set at $20 any thoughts?
Or for $5 more you can get the blu ray combo pack with the DVD for $34.99 on Amazon. And you don't have to be a Prime member either.

The UK version has the following issues:

-Zero translation for all text on screen -- this includes all of the chat and cell phone conversations with Celty (Which includes ones that she does not say mentally which can make some scenes confusing)

-Every episode automatically switches to the sub once it starts

-Subs have timing issues and typos

-Menus apparently lead to the wrong episodes and parts (never really used them).

I can confirm the top three issues myself as I've experienced them. The AoA release did not have these issues. All the Anime claimed they outsourced their QA for the release to Australia and blamed them for the mishaps.

International replacements still have no ETA but have been promised.
Damn Australians. They ruin games and now anime? :p

Or for $5 more you can get the blu ray combo pack with the DVD for $34.99 on Amazon. And you don't have to be a Prime member either.
There's a combo pack? The only sets I know of are Blu-ray only and DVD only. Unless they did a recent re-release.

As for the sets themselves, I believe the FUNimation set has a few new interviews and puts all the extras on its own separate disc, but the audio and video are not that much better than the Bandai release.

Take a close look at the Bandai set though. It will be either in a thick black clamshell case or a standard-sized clear Amaray case.

Picked up the Dr. Slump movies plus Lupin:  Bye, Bye, Lady Liberty and Mystery of Mamo as part of Rightstuf's Discotek sale. This will be my first order from Discotek/Eastern Star so I can't wait to check these out.

Added 3 blind boxes ($1, $5, and $10) plus my GotAnime discount and paid $59.12.

After watching the first 8 episodes of noir I gotta say that this anime isn't for me.Not enough action scenes I guess...lol but seriously it seems to be the story that's keeping me from watching it any further.I might get back to it but right now I'm putting it away and going to boot up Freezing Vibration :)

After watching the first 8 episodes of noir I gotta say that this anime isn't for me.Not enough action scenes I guess...lol but seriously it seems to be the story that's keeping me from watching it any further.I might get back to it but right now I'm putting it away and going to boot up Freezing Vibration :)
I don't remember when
Chloe
shows up, but it's more interesting with her in the picture. If she's already in the episodes you've seen, then yea, it won't get any better.

Noir was a show that I really wanted to like. I loved the character designs but it was an extremely difficult series to finish.

That's usually a good sign though because it's probably one of those that can be sent out early, so if anything you should probably have a shipping confirmation soon.
Yeah I like when things get shipped out early though there are little surprised to my bank account every so often (Looking at you Aniplex!)

I haven't figured out if there is anything of note yet but I figured I would share that funimation is having a sale

Z4inH1M.jpg
edit: looking a number of the save seasons are at fine prices. (though I think they have been these prices before)

yamada's first time $10

princess jellyfish $15

baka test season 1 $15

Baka test season 2 $15

dbz kai dvd parts seem to be 8.99 each

Got my ponycan stuff today. I like it. I actually like the ponycan slipcover since it will prevent scratches and wear from the case... But I think the need to make the book the size of the case since Yuna artbook is damage because of the small size while Denki has a perfect condition book...

I like the two key art drawings. I never thought it would be this big.. Wish for a giant artbox to keep these things in... That would be amazing!

There's a combo pack? The only sets I know of are Blu-ray only and DVD only. Unless they did a recent re-release.

As for the sets themselves, I believe the FUNimation set has a few new interviews and puts all the extras on its own separate disc, but the audio and video are not that much better than the Bandai release.

Take a close look at the Bandai set though. It will be either in a thick black clamshell case or a standard-sized clear Amaray case.
Your right, I have no idea why I thought it was a combo pack haha.

Just got charged for Onegai Teacher from RS. Seems a bit early but oh well~
I'm going to have to wait till May 1st to pay them. But that isn't too much longer. I hate when they get stuff in really early sometimes.

I haven't figured out if there is anything of note yet but I figured I would share that funimation is having a sale

edit: looking a number of the save seasons are at fine prices. (though I think they have been these prices before)

yamada's first time $10

princess jellyfish $15

baka test season 1 $15

Baka test season 2 $15

dbz kai dvd parts seem to be 8.99 each
Might want to mention that those are S.A.V.E. and that Jelly Fish, and Baka are DVD only.

Got my ponycan stuff today. I like it. I actually like the ponycan slipcover since it will prevent scratches and wear from the case... But I think the need to make the book the size of the case since Yuna artbook is damage because of the small size while Denki has a perfect condition book...

I like the two key art drawings. I never thought it would be this big.. Wish for a giant artbox to keep these things in... That would be amazing!
I like the slipbox as well I'm using them to protect the stupid overly larget DVD cases. Here is the thing. If you are going to make them this big which is stupid. Then at least make the coverart the correct size. It overlaps the plastic and I don't like that. Again, these are stupid big. I mean just either make them G1 slipboxs like newer NISA titles or G1 slipboxes like the Funi LE's. None of these over sized crap.

I have WinDVD and it works fine..
PowerDVD is the last one being updated. Total Media Theater dropped out of the game not too long ago. As for WinDVD, the last release was back in 2013. A big problem is that the DRM on Blus is constantly being updated and the software guys need to keep up with that. Sooner or later a Blu-Ray won't work on your player. It happened to me when I used TMT.

Also, another drawback is that most drives will only let you change regions x amount of times. So it's impossible to keep bouncing back and forth between regions as much as you want.

Will Love Live improve my life?
YES!!!

Yes it will... Play school idol festival and you might become addicted like me. The game is one of the best mobile games you can ever play and if you like the music, you'll be hooked. I've been playing since day 1 when it wa releAsed and I actually spent money on the game.... Well $65 to be exact...

The anime is only ordinary especially the first season... But the whole multimedia group of love live is spectacular. I'm actually buying the best albums from Japan because I actually love it.

Might want to mention that those are S.A.V.E. and that Jelly Fish, and Baka are DVD only.
actually I did totally mention they were save series. but yeah I should have listed dvd only for stuff but I forget that people actually care about dvd vs blu ray since I don't in general >><

As for WinDVD, the last release was back in 2013. A big problem is that the DRM on Blus is constantly being updated and the software guys need to keep up with that. Sooner or later a Blu-Ray won't work on your player. It happened to me when I used TMT.
Um, there was an update for WinDVD in September. It wasn't back in 2013. Their site isn't fully updated, but I haven't encountered a single new release that I couldn't play.

Edit: http://www.windvdpro.com/en/support/updates/default.html#windvd-version-tab_0

Who are all these people you speak of who are shunning these other titles?
kirinlemon :p

Please explain. Provide some examples. Jojo is pretty popular. Everyone in CAG went loco for the Cowboy Bebop BD release. Fist of the North Star is still popular. Gundam Reconguista in G is a big hit and so is Gundam Origins. Then there is Captain Earth and Space Brothers. Heck even Gunbuster might come back. Are you talking about old school titles or new anime done in a classic old school way?

I mean, you even mention Turn-A-Gundam, which isn't even old school.
Ninja Scroll, FOTNS, Wicked City

Those are some serious feels lol

is it really that bad? reasons perhaps? (as i've pre ordered it blindly)
As someone who actually watch the whole season I can safely say that I rather stand in the middle of a road and have a steamroller run me over than watch it again.

The story is completely non-existent. If you could actually say that anime characters could act badly and not in an intentionally funny cheesy way, this is one of those shows that have made it possible. It almost felt like the creators of the show were intending to purposely make a show that was poorly acted in the beginning, and just wanted to show off the ecchi, but then halfway through production they had a change of heart and decided to make it seem more serial, and then in the end what they came up with was something just god awful.

For an anime that was about girls "wrestling", it might as well have been a poorly made hentai, but this show wouldn't be able to turn anybody on with how bad it was. There were even points in the show where you felt they may have gone somewhere with plot, or the characters, but then it just returns to the crapfest that it's been from episode 1, so there was just nothing that could save it from people a full out abortolonic.

I'd recommend it if you would like to see how bad it was, but otherwise it really isn't worth your time if you were expecting anything from it. Maybe if you had such low expectations for the show that it might be something you could enjoy, and going in with no expectations wouldn't work either because that would mean there's a chance it was good to begin with, so just really, really, really lower them, and you'll enjoy the show with a small chance.

It was just...awful...and I rarely hate shows this much, but it certainly found a way to do that for me.

Um, there was an update for WinDVD in September. It wasn't back in 2013. Their site isn't fully updated, but I haven't encountered a single new release that I couldn't play.

Edit: http://www.windvdpro.com/en/support/updates/default.html#windvd-version-tab_0
Whoops, mistyped on that one. While it has been updated somewhat recently their last major release was in 2013 (WinDVD 11). My main point is that I wouldn't rely on playing Blu-Rays with an internal drive wholesale, because you never know when a company will just flat out quit (ex: Total Media Theater). Now, if you want to use your console to play your US Blu-Rays and use a PC for stuff you import (from one region only) it would definitely work out (until the software is no longer supported).

Completely off-topic...Honestly, I really wish companies would acknowledge and support disc playback on PCs as I would love for my HTPC to be my all in one machine. Unfortunately it just ends up being a major pain in the ass. I ended up just pulling my internal Blu-Ray drive and putting it in an external enclosure, and I'll mainly use it to rip my Blus. Hell, even Microsoft seems to be walking away from Windows Media Center, which I use to watch cable TV.

After reading this review now I want to see it more than ever, just to see if it's truly this terrible. C'mon, it can't really be worse than Diabolik Lovers?!
I just watched the first 2 episodes...yea it's kinda bad, maybe the dub Will make it funnier lol. But Diabolik lovers dear lord that one was bad lmaooo

After reading this review now I want to see it more than ever, just to see if it's truly this terrible. C'mon, it can't really be worse than Diabolik Lovers?!
It just so happens I ranked it below Diabolik Lovers as the worst series to come out of that season.

At least with Diabolik Lovers I didn't have to suffer through full 20+ minute episodes, and I was spared the extra 10+ minutes of agonizing pain.

I want to give the new Dragon Ball show a chance, because I like Dragon Ball, and Battle of Gods, and I hope that Toriyama has more say in the pace of the new show.

I want to give the new Dragon Ball show a chance, because I like Dragon Ball, and Battle of Gods, and I hope that Toriyama has more say in the pace of the new show.
I'll be giving the sequel series a chance as well. He's working on it, which means a lot.

I am curious where they will go with it. Goku literally cannot get any stronger and he is literally the strongest person in the universe who is not a God.

I pop in freezing vibration yesterday and before I knew it I was changing to disc 2 then it was over.That show is the first to make me watch it all in one sit through it was that damn good.

bread's done
Back