Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
WB is really dropping the ball on their first anime release.

As long as they don't take as long as 3.33 to be released, it should be a victory.

Hopefully we'll see 3.33 on blu sometime in the next decade or so.
That all rests on the Japanese side,who apparently aren't interested in money considering how long this has been. I personally don't care for the series,but it's kinda ridiculous how long it's taking.

I traded some garbage dvds, and a few anime to Moviestop, and bought a few blu-rays due to Moviestop's big sale (all movie dvds 24.99 or below are $4.99, and all blu ray and tv series $29.99 or less are 8.99), I got Patch's Big Adventure, Cinderella (2015), and Samurai 7 complete all on blu-ray.  I also stopped at a store called CD Warehouse (a long time favorite of mine, when I'm in the area), and found Tiger and Bunny the Rising, and Patema Inverted for $12.99 each on blu-ray, as well.

It's like Gamestop but with Blu Rays and lots and lots of DVD's. Their anime section is usually bigger than Best Buy's.

Since moving, the closest Moviestop is 2 hours away in Miami. Haven't seen a CD Warehouse in years.

Preordered the Lupin-Conan DVD's and Resurrection F last night from Right Stuf. Threw in a $1 and $5 Blind Box and spent less than $60. By doing all of this, I made my money back on the Got Anime membership and saved an extra $3 so far. 

Sorry for the repeat question, but does rightstuf still do partial shipments? Ordering a few volumes and one is a preorder, would prefer not to have to wait until the preorder releases for my order to ship.

It's like Gamestop but with Blu Rays and lots and lots of DVD's. Their anime section is usually bigger than Best Buy's.

Since moving, the closest Moviestop is 2 hours away in Miami. Haven't seen a CD Warehouse in years.

Preordered the Lupin-Conan DVD's and Resurrection F last night from Right Stuf. Threw in a $1 and $5 Blind Box and spent less than $60. By doing all of this, I made my money back on the Got Anime membership and saved an extra $3 so far.
So apparently Hastings and MovieStop are basically one of the same now, and Gamestop owns all of them.

I'm scared...

Sorry for the repeat question, but does rightstuf still do partial shipments? Ordering a few volumes and one is a preorder, would prefer not to have to wait until the preorder releases for my order to ship.
They weren't for a short period of time, but then people started complaining, then magically it started again, and afterwards they claimed it was an error due to the switch to the new website.

Gamestop used to own Moviestop, but they split years ago, I think
I think they got purchased back again by the group that owns Gamestop, and they put it under with Hastings now.

If you go to MovieStop's website, it's just the Hastings website now, lol.

Creepy...

To be fair, MovieStop's website was crap anyway, so it's no big loss.

A side effect of the Hastings partnership is the emphasis on collectables. My local store just remodeled and literally have the store is dedicated to collectables now.

Figures, board games, puzzles, statues, POP stuff, TCG cards, things like that. Similar to what you'd see in FYE. Star Wars, Doctor Who, DC, and Marvel are the main franchises pushed.

They also sell comic book variants too.

Is rightstuf really back to doing partial shipments? I had preordered the Bloodlust bluray a couple weeks before its release date in the same order as something that comes out in November and it still hasn't shipped.

I've had a couple of orders recently that have gone partial shipment, so they should be as far as I know.

Others in this thread has also reported the same thing.

Might want to send them an inquiry just to make sure nothing is wrong with your order. @_@

I've never really heard anyone talk about Patena Inverted, what is anyone's opinion?
I loved it presonally.

Is rightstuf really back to doing partial shipments? I had preordered the Bloodlust bluray a couple weeks before its release date in the same order as something that comes out in November and it still hasn't shipped.
Yes, they are currently working on the site script to get it back up to par. It is slow but they are working on it.

To be fair, MovieStop's website was crap anyway, so it's no big loss.

A side effect of the Hastings partnership is the emphasis on collectables. My local store just remodeled and literally have the store is dedicated to collectables now.
Gamestop also bought Thinkgeek, which is why there's been so much more merchandise...

"Testing partial shipping code. Did split some orders out by just breaking into multiple orders, but not how I want to have it done long term" From RS tweet.

How is that CGI Harlock film still not available in the US on 3D bluray? It'll be great to get an edition with the dub too.
I don't think the US has ever gotten a 3D Blu release of any anime. The only ones I ever recall having an existing 3D release elsewhere is Oblivion Island and the latest Yugioh movie was in theaters in 3D but I don't recall it ever getting a 3D Blu. I have a 3D TV but I'm actually surprised someone here is complaining about it. I never use it because it strains my eyes.

Per RS FB page.

We're looking for a skilled Web Developer!!!

The position entails designing, coding, and modifying websites that are visually appealing and user-friendly. Does this sound like you?

JOB REQUIRMENTS
-Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, JQuery, and API’s. -Strong understanding of UI and cross-browser functionality.
-Can write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Solid background in JSON, Bootstrap, and potentially NetSuite.

If you're interested, send us your resume! Just email it to [email protected]. This is a great opportunity to join our fantastic team!
There is that dreaded word again...cross browser lol. aka mobile friendly devices. :p

this isn't an anime deal and thus is a bit off topic here, but could be of interest to a number of people here thus I will post it anyways :p

Indie Gala is running an "Anime" bundle this week

P8U504g.jpg
figured some people might be interested.

I don't think the US has ever gotten a 3D Blu release of any anime. The only ones I ever recall having an existing 3D release elsewhere is Oblivion Island and the latest Yugioh movie was in theaters in 3D but I don't recall it ever getting a 3D Blu. I have a 3D TV but I'm actually surprised someone here is complaining about it. I never use it because it strains my eyes.
Yeah, I believe this Harlock movie will be the first 3D anime released here in the US - I only own a total of three anime movies in 3D at all in my collection - I have the Hong Kong releases for Harlock 3D and Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society 3D, and the Japanese release of 009 RE:Cyborg 3D - the last one having English subs only on the 2D disc; unfortunately the 3D disc is not English friendly.

I happen to be a huge 3D fan; thankfully I don't get any headaches or nausea at all when watching 3D... :puke:

Any Blu-ray release I wish to buy that does offer a 3D option, I will always buy in 3D. I have an Epson 3D projector with 9 pairs of active shutter glasses I use in my theater room, so I watch 3D every chance I get - and on a 120" projection screen to boot! I also show quite a few 3D movies to friends and family during the Monthly Movie Nights I host.

I know I'm a dummy taking advantage of another FUNi sale considering I never received my DBZ stuff, but I've been wanting Attack on Titan blus for a while now lol.

I know I'm a dummy taking advantage of another FUNi sale considering I never received my DBZ stuff, but I've been wanting Attack on Titan blus for a while now lol.
whoa, is that "Colossal Attack on Titan Bundle" both sets of blu rays plus the book? It doesn't really say in the description.

I know what you're saying with the DBZ... I order DBZ Kai collections 1-4. Just got 2-3 in the mail on Friday finally and the others haven't shipped yet. :(

whoa, is that "Colossal Attack on Titan Bundle" both sets of blu rays plus the book? It doesn't really say in the description.

I know what you're saying with the DBZ... I order DBZ Kai collections 1-4. Just got 2-3 in the mail on Friday finally and the others haven't shipped yet. :(
My email mentioned that both were Blu rays, but the site doesn't mention it, hopefully it was right. Guess I'll figure out next year lol.

The deal if anyone is interested. Both parts (blu ray) and a hard cover book for 39.99.

It does say it in the description though since there's no DVD only version of the set, so you're good.

Just got the Hyperdimension Neptunia LE set from Hastings. Is there some kind of artbook or physical extra in this release? Because the box is much bigger than other LEs.

Just got the Hyperdimension Neptunia LE set from Hastings. Is there some kind of artbook or physical extra in this release? Because the box is much bigger than other LEs.
Nope, just has two BD cases. Same size as both Space Dandy LE's, Tokyo Raven, and Hellsing.

Pretty strange then. Why make a box the size of a 26-episode set for a 13-episode series?
A handful of Funimation LEs are like that with 1 season series. I remember Sankarea being like that for the first release... you know since almost all of us got it for dirt cheap.

I wish we got replacement discs for that set but Funimation bailed since the rating changed lol

Time to see the next page of the thread where people ask us where their Funimation shipments are. This is why I never buy any mainstream titles from Funimation. Because they obviously can't keep their crap in stock. Here's hoping everyone gets their AoT blus. 

PS. I hope everything else in their store is dirt cheap on Black Friday so I can fill in all my Funimation gaps - Fairy Tail Collections, Railgun/Index II, Space Dandy P2, Shana OVA etc etc etc

bread's done
Back