Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a deal, but in case you haven't seen these yet:
That's pretty great, they're fun commercials. Japan already has KFC commercials featuring Goku and Cup of Noodle ones with Vegeta, so it's awesome to see something like this in NA. However, I'm really surprised Ford didn't make use of Goku or Vegeta, since they're the franchise's most recognizable characters.

The Cowboy Bebop collector's Amazon exclusive edition is back in stock at amazon for msrp $99.99 holy crap! I have been waiting for this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MMOZ1SS?keywords=cowboy%20bebop&qid=1451597063&ref_=sr_1_4&sr=8-4

credit to Pikagreg
For $60 more than the standard you don't get much imo especially since the standard was below $30 not too long back. I got mine for $75 day one and it's hard to even justify the extra $35 for two art book. Definitely a collector's item for diehard fans though. Super surprised to see it back since there was supposedly only 10,000 made.

For $60 more than the standard you don't get much imo especially since the standard was below $30 not too long back. I got mine for $75 day one and it's hard to even justify the extra $35 for two art book. Definitely a collector's item for diehard fans though. Super surprised to see it back since there was supposedly only 10,000 made.
I feel ya. Sadly, I mainly want this item for the limited chipboard box. Cowboy Bebop is in the running for best Anime series of all time and it's just one of those overpriced sets you want to own both as a fan and as a collector.

This is a deal to those of us that missed out on the initial release and have been watching the expensive prices in the aftermarket. To many others I'm sure it's just a ripoff of an overpriced CE. To each their own. However, I'm sure there's at least a couple other people out there like me that want this BD CE.

They were going for $125+ for a couple of months and have now been selling for $160+. This is one of those rare cases of an item which I have been refreshing prices consistently on a daily basis.

I feel ya. Sadly I mainly want this item for the limited chipboard box. Cowboy Bebop is in the running for best Anime series of all time and it's just one of those overpriced sets you want to own both as a fan and as a collector.

This is a deal to those of us that missed out on the initial release and have been watching the expensive prices in the aftermarket. To many others I'm sure it's just a ripoff of overpriced CE. To each their own. However, I'm sure there's at least a couple other people out there like me that wanted this BD CE.
It's not really overpriced to the point we would call it a ripoff to be honest. It just seems that way since the standard edition aren't sold at MSRP like the CE which is $59.99. The chipbox for bebop is really sturdy and it's understandable that people would want the most premium edition of one of the greatest anime of all time. You made a good post and give an amwesome heads up. Just throwing my two cents for those tight on money and need to make a decision. Funi are nice giving you options unlike aniplex. With them it's either the super $150

edition or nothing,

Bebop is my third fav just behind FMAB and Steins;Gate.

Anybody have recommendations for larger Manga sets/omnibuses/3-in-1's on Barnes and Noble for their sale?

I bought some of the EVA manga and all of the Monster Perfect Editions so far.

I also got Uzumaki and Gyo by Junji Ito which are both great.

Anybody have recommendations for larger Manga sets/omnibuses/3-in-1's on Barnes and Noble for their sale?

I bought some of the EVA manga and all of the Monster Perfect Editions so far.

I also got Uzumaki and Gyo by Junji Ito which are both great.
Did you ever look at Until Death Do Us Part? Up to date on that one and have been loving it so far.

It's not really overpriced to the point we would call it a ripoff to be honest. It just seems that way since the standard edition aren't sold at MSRP like the CE which is $59.99. The chipbox for bebop is really sturdy and it's understandable that people would want the most premium edition of one of the greatest anime of all time. You made a good post and give an amwesome heads up. Just throwing my two cents for those tight on money and need to make a decision. Funi are nice giving you options unlike aniplex. With them it's either the super $150

edition or nothing,

Bebop is my third fav just behind FMAB and Steins;Gate.
Actually Funi is going down the AoA pricing road just like some of the other like Sentai. No need to talk about Pony Can USA since they are AoA Jr. But Funi pricing is getting bad. CE's that used to be $45 to $42 are now priced at $59.99 where the Combo packs that one could get for around $32 on the low end are now in the $45 range. Not only that but their PE's that the try to pawn off on us are just as bad as AoA. Darker than Black, Soul Eater, Space Dandy Funi Editions. One could go on and on with them.
Personally just give be a nice chipboard slipbox and price it at $45 and I'll buy from them all day long. Sadly those days are gone now.

Actually Funi is going down the AoA pricing road just like some of the other like Sentai. No need to talk about Pony Can USA since they are AoA Jr. But Funi pricing is getting bad. CE's that used to be $45 to $42 are now priced at $59.99 where the Combo packs that one could get for around $32 on the low end are now in the $45 range. Not only that but their PE's that the try to pawn off on us are just as bad as AoA. Darker than Black, Soul Eater, Space Dandy Funi Editions. One could go on and on with them.
Personally just give be a nice chipboard slipbox and price it at $45 and I'll buy from them all day long. Sadly those days are gone now.
Aniplex don't give you options for the cheaper standard release though and that's the difference.

I want Fate/Zero on blu but the only way to get it is to pay $140+ for 13 episodes and another $140 for the rest. I'd love it if they give us an option for a $40< release like funimation. Gurren is $60 for 3-4 episodes. Aniplex are in a league of their own when it comes to crazy prices.

^^^

Oh no doubt that AoA prices are stupid high but again we all know their stupid reasons as well. Reverse importing being one of them. Although you can't deny that they do put in a decent effort on their PQ and AQ since you are basically only getting 4 stupid episodes per $100 lol.

AoA need to offer more stuff like Kill la Kill and SAO / SAO II with their standard releases. Again while not cheap at least are starting to offer different sets. Still pretty high for some. Don't worry though, from the look of it Funi is creeping along to match AoA.

Sentai are starting to do that as well with their Collection 1 sets. *faint*

As a consumer, the reasoning behind the price doesn't concern me. They are the bad guys if they are asking $150+ for 12 episodes.

Look at funimation relases, they are insanely cheap.

• Fullmetal Alchemist 51 episode TCS currently $31.49
  • Steins;Gate  25  episodes BLU and DVD COMBO  TCS $27.49 (newer than Gurren which is $250+ btw BLU ONLY)
  • Soul Eater 54 episode CS $29.99
  • Spice and Wolf COMBO BLU/DVD 1-26 episodes  $27.49
  • Cowboy Bebop 26 episodes  COMBO BLU/DVD $40.87
  • Tokyo Ghoui 13 episode COMBO BLU/DVD $32.49 (Sword Arts 5 episodes, BLU ONLY $60)
  • and so on

Funimation are more then generous with MSRP and is one of the better anime distributor. Sentai are bad but they are still just a distance second to aniplex. Aniplex doesn't doesn't even license them out to common retailers like BBY, Walmart and Amazon. They got a long way before I start complaining [funimation].

I'm many talking about the new stuff. Not counting Funi's old crap and the SAVE and Classic Line. Yes Funi does give you a choice there is no doubt about that but look at the prices on the new stuff.

Go look at Terror Resonance it is $64.98 for the standard combo pack and that show is only 11 episodes. The LE is even more at a sky high $75.

http://www.amazon.com/Terror-Resonance-Artist-Not-Provided/dp/B01711CLY8/ref=tmm_blu_title_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1451623861&sr=1-1

This is the new pricing for Funi from now on. I have tracked the prices on a spread sheet and prices across the board for them have gone up since July of 2015. They are and will become less affordable in the future if they keep up at this rate.

Because that's MSRP. Even at full MSRP without the usual discount, it's still miles better than $60 for 5 episodes. It will be lower prior to release. The classic line and save are a part of Funimation and it helps what makes them great. Not sure why we would disregard that.

I can't argue that they aren't going up in price but to compare them to Aniplex is ridiculous.

Why are you only looking at MSRP on preorders? Nobody pays attention to that when prices drop dramatically. The point is most Funi shows actually go down in price (and rather quickly after release). And Terror in Resonance standard is currently under $50 at rightstuf and that's not even 40% off like they regularly go during Funi sales. True their average prices have gone like 5 to 10 higher than previously, but that's not at all remotely comparable to Aniplex price hikes. They probably have to charge more to get Bluray rights sooner these days.

Why are you only looking at MSRP on preorders? Nobody pays attention to that when prices drop dramatically. The point is most Funi shows actually go down in price (and rather quickly after release). And Terror in Resonance standard is currently under $50 at rightstuf and that's not even 40% off like they regularly go during Funi sales. True their average prices have gone like 5 to 10 higher than previously, but that's not at all remotely comparable to Aniplex price hikes. They probably have to charge more to get Bluray rights sooner these days.
Not only the BD license but they are charging more to cover the streaming license they are getting and to cover the dubcast as well.

The reason Funimation prices are SLIGHTLY going up is because they are now licensing a lot of shows that are super niche. They tell you this when you ask them at a con. Titles they know won't fly off shelves so they have to charge more to make a profit and justify licensing more stuff. I'd pay a bit more to get more releases but anything near what AoA are asking is where you don't even look their direction. It'll be awesome if stores like Amazon carried their stuff too but no...

I weep every time AoA announces their licenses because that means it'll be another anime I'll probably never buy.
RIP God Eater =(

I really couldn't find anything I wanted at Hastings that was actually in stock, so I just got a couple seasons of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Aqua Unit Patrol Squad.

[quote name="WinterAvenger" post="13132122" timestamp="1451606291"]It's not really overpriced to the point we would call it a ripoff to be honest. It just seems that way since the standard edition aren't sold at MSRP like the CE which is $59.99. The chipbox for bebop is really sturdy and it's understandable that people would want the most premium edition of one of the greatest anime of all time. You made a good post and give an amwesome heads up. Just throwing my two cents for those tight on money and need to make a decision. Funi are nice giving you options unlike aniplex. With them it's either the super $150
edition or nothing,

Bebop is my third fav just behind FMAB and Steins;Gate.[/quote]
Your taste, based on the three you mentioned, is wonderful, good sir.

Still waiting for Code Geass..
I would say the chances are...

zero.

giphy.gif

Sakura Wars is not helped by being an interquel to the games. It's actually canon and takes place between the 2nd game and the 3rd.

Then again, Sakura Wars canon in the West is all kinds of messed up since we only got the 5th game (which uses an entirely different cast) in English. Especially when it comes to Ayame. She is a major supporting character in the first game and the TV anime, but she dies in the 2nd game (and is thus missing in the movie) and is revived as a demon in the 3rd game, which is the form used in the Project X Zone games.

BTW, the games are basically dating sim RTS games. A major aspect is forging strong relationships with the various female members so that both you and your allies get powered up during battles. Yes, you get stronger using the Power of Love, even though you fight in steam-powered mecha.

Oh yea, and the theater stuff is because that's their day job. They run a theater and put on performance plays. It's the 1920's, this was still great entertainment back then.
the sequels and stuff sounds all kinds of confusing.

i have the wii game just because its an anime game and seemed somewhat rare and gamestop had a good copy for 10 dollars sometime ago....now theyll give me 20 or 30 for it lol but like any good CAG its in the forever backlog pile. but dating sim RTS....that sounds strangely amusing lol

that said I completely got the plot....it was just if you ask me poorly done, but given your sequels explanation Im not shocked. and yeah the english voice acting....just absolutely terrible. worse than 4kids dubs.

I will admit that the dub isn't the best, but in no way is it worse than a 4Kids dub. I've seen many, many 4Kids dubs and even own a few on DVD and many of them are really terrible. The NYC talent pool is not known for its stellar dubs.

As for Sakura Wars, if you watch the TV series you can more or less get the plot of the first game. There are some large differences, of course, but a large part of the anime also happens in the game, though the anime is a lot darker.

There are also a bunch of OAVs, the first three released in the US, that also setup and supplement the video games.

Yes, that is the Japanese domestic release, it has nothing to do with the kickstarter. It does incude both parts LWA1 and LWA2. I've had it on preorder at amazon.co.jp for the last two months...

Yes, that is the Japanese domestic release, it has nothing to do with the kickstarter. It does incude both parts LWA1 and LWA2. I've had it on preorder at amazon.co.jp for the last two months...
That's actually kinda upsetting. I backed the KS version and their limited ed release was barebones. In fact, the entire KS was pretty much a disaster, people not receiving rewards and such.

I checked Amazon jp, do you know what's the difference between the 2 versions?

PS

I dig the avatar, really fitting for the name.

Is anyone willing to sell me, or know where I can buy, some bluray sleeves for the Dragon Ball Z seasons?

Is anyone willing to sell me, or know where I can buy, some bluray sleeves for the Dragon Ball Z seasons?
Sleeves as in slipcovers? If so then your best bet is either ebay or some sites offer threads that sale them.

Most people at least in the anime sector aren't to found of parting with their slipcovers. :(

That's actually kinda upsetting. I backed the KS version and their limited ed release was barebones. In fact, the entire KS was pretty much a disaster, people not receiving rewards and such.

I checked Amazon jp, do you know what's the difference between the 2 versions?

PS

I dig the avatar, really fitting for the name.
The Amazon Exclusive edition, which is ¥2000 more than the regular Blu-ray set, is identical but comes with some sort of can badge - I guess that's one of those round tin "pins" like an old political campaign pin, I'm thinking... I originally ordered the Exclusive, but then changed it to the regular Blu-ray because I didn't want to pay that much more for just a stupid badge...

And thanks on my avatar - Girls with Guns is my favorite anime genre - I love the strong female type that uses a gun (or Katana) in any dramatic, non-comedic anime... Love GwG stuff like Noir, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Gunslinger Girl, Black Lagoon, Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed, Madlax, and Ergo Proxy...

You should watch the fate series. Saber is a strong female character though the story is a classic tale.
Yup, Already own the Japanese Blu-ray box sets of Fate/Zero, and will be importing the F/SN UBW sets as well in the next couple months... I also own the Japanese Blu-ray sets for Noir, Ergo Proxy, and the entire Ghost in the Shell collection. I don't care for dubs or extras, and the packaging is so much nicer with the JP sets, so sub-only JP anime with unsubbed extras suit me just fine. Although, the JP Noir and GitS S.A.C. and 2nd GiG Blu-rays are Dub-only, which ticks me off a bit - So I Imported the Limited Edition Korean Lenticular GitS S.A.C. and 2nd GiG Blu-ray sets too, which do have subtitles!

Does Japan have Blu-rays of those series yet?

Probably minimum 2-3 years after that.
I don't touch Bleach or Naruto, so I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think either series is on Blu-ray in Japan, yet...

Sleeves as in slipcovers? If so then your best bet is either ebay or some sites offer threads that sale them.

Most people at least in the anime sector aren't to found of parting with their slipcovers. :(
I checked around before I asked on here. I bought six seasons used from Hastings and two of the six didn't have slips :(

bread's done
Back