Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a good strategy for reselling the DVDs from the combo packs? I'll never need them so I thought I'd try to make some money to buy more anime.

So far I have Spice and Wolf S1 & S2, Fujiko Mine and few others. I'd mainly look to sell them off on here. Would it be worth the time to find and print out new cover art?
I'm interested in some of the ones you have that you want to get rid of.

Yea, I just sell the DVDs on eBay in a generic case.

I ended up getting everything except DBZ Kai. I'll just wait to grab them all when the last set comes out.
I am assuming you mean the Buu Saga. While it is unofficially confirmed, nothing is concrete about the saga yet.

I am assuming you mean the Buu Saga. While it is unofficially confirmed, nothing is concrete about the saga yet.
Yea but supposedly the set is supposed to come out in 2014. Another reason why I am skipping out of these is that I've see the set go for as low as $60 on eBay. They are not a priority for me at the moment so I can wait for a better deal.

it's likely PST since that is the time zone amazon runs on, but it never hurts to order before the last minute :p
Thanks. If it does turn out to be EST I don't think I'll make it. I'm debating HARD on if I want to start buying anime or not.

On one hand, I'm always a fan of purchasing and supporting things you like, but on the other Blu Rays are kind of a pain. The easiest way to watch them on my PC, tablet, etc would be to download them.. Which I worry will just leave me wondering why I ever bought them to begin with. =P

Thanks. If it does turn out to be EST I don't think I'll make it. I'm debating HARD on if I want to start buying anime or not.

On one hand, I'm always a fan of purchasing and supporting things you like, but on the other Blu Rays are kind of a pain. The easiest way to watch them on my PC, tablet, etc would be to download them.. Which I worry will just leave me wondering why I ever bought them to begin with. =P
I just get DVDs most of the time, in general due to the broad borders on the characters and the fact that the characters in general don't have a ton of shading anime scales up just fine in most cases. In general unless I have a release side by side I can't tell the difference between my DVD release using upscalers on my computer and a blu ray release on my ps3.

Of course, when the price difference is only a little I still go blu ray in general, but i also have plans to put a blu ray drive in my pc (or get an external one) in 2014.

Also if you do decide to start getting anime make sure to pay attention, there are a few cases where the blu ray version is the inferior version due to it being dub only (due to fear of reverse importing) If i recall right Persona 4 is one of those, and I am pretty sure black god/kuro kami is also one of those.

Bought Trigun last minute.

Also picked up the new Blu ray release for S1 of DBZ!

Anyone know if S2 will see a lower price before it comes out, or did I just get lucky with the 24.99 price for S1?

I just get DVDs most of the time, in general due to the broad borders on the characters and the fact that the characters in general don't have a ton of shading anime scales up just fine in most cases. In general unless I have a release side by side I can't tell the difference between my DVD release using upscalers on my computer and a blu ray release on my ps3.

Of course, when the price difference is only a little I still go blu ray in general, but i also have plans to put a blu ray drive in my pc (or get an external one) in 2014.

Also if you do decide to start getting anime make sure to pay attention, there are a few cases where the blu ray version is the inferior version due to it being dub only (due to fear of reverse importing) If i recall right Persona 4 is one of those, and I am pretty sure black god/kuro kami is also one of those.
Ew. Thanks for the tip about some being dub only.

My PS3/4 could certainly play them.

My current PC doesn't have a disc drive at all, so I'm out of luck with both DVD and Blu Ray. I could pop a Blu Ray drive in for $40-50, but then you'd also have to get some software to handle Blu Ray playback (from my understanding WMP, VLC, etc can't do this. Probably thanks to standard requirements / licensing fees).

Buying a Blu Ray drive, and buying something like PowerDVD (bleck) just seems like a lot of extra effort to do something the hard, but legal and supportive, way.

That being said I do enjoy physical media on my shelf, and I like supporting industries I enjoy. Media just feels so anti-consumer sometimes that it almost feels like money wasted.

Went ahead and ordered a couple things. Purchase now and regret it later. :lol: But then again, I can now watch Spice and Wolf. 

What you said:

Get it you pussy...mustache.
What I see:

OWFgLmU.jpg

Purely done in good fun because your avatar looks a little grumpy and your sig looks happy. :p

I went to the checkout screen to just stare at it blankly at the last minute and noticed I had $35 in Amazon credit I had forgotten about! So I did end up getting a few things after all:

High School DxD The Series

Eden of the East Complete Series

Trigun Complete Series

FLCL Complete Series

My only regret shall be not buying more! :D

So Amazon has Okami-san and her seven companions for $30.99 right now. I know it isn't the LE but do you guys think that is a fair price.

I'm also thinking of getting Sekirei: Complete Series as well for $27.49. Any opinions on if I should wait or do you think these will be the lowest.

I wasn't a big fan of Okami-san. It has potential but the story is way too short. I would hold off until/if another season is released. Sekirei is worth a buy at that price and contains two seasons.

Sekirei is one of the few fan service shows I wholeheartedly recommend. The beginning is admittigly pretty bland, but by the time Season 1 closes, it gets awesome.

Did they ever announce a Season 3? I know HLP is getting one...

Sekirei is one of the few fan service shows I wholeheartedly recommend. The beginning is admittigly pretty bland, but by the time Season 1 closes, it gets awesome.

Awesome, can't wait for HLP Season 3.

There isn't going to be a season 3 for HLP probably. It was announced as another tv season, but turned into a movie. Which judging from the title and description, this will probably be the last anime project for the series(as the manga is wrapping up in Feb. too)

Link to the story:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-20/sora-no-otoshimono/heaven-lost-property-final-film-trailer-streamed

There isn't going to be a season 3 for HLP probably. It was announced as another tv season, but turned into a movie. Which judging from the title and description, this will probably be the last anime project for the series(as the manga is wrapping up in Feb. too)

Link to the story:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-20/sora-no-otoshimono/heaven-lost-property-final-film-trailer-streamed
That is very disappointing. Especially since it probably means no more Tomoko. They didn't get halfway through the manga, did they?

Once I figured out what HLP stood for, I had to jump on the disappointed bandwagon ;) Underrated show. Very hilarious.

Just finished watching Children Who Chase Lost Voices that I picked up as part of my last Rightstuf order. It was a decent movie, but not to sure how I feel about how it ended.

Regardless for $13.99 I would say it was worth it.

That is very disappointing. Especially since it probably means no more Tomoko. They didn't get halfway through the manga, did they?
Nope, they didn't even get to Tomoki's parents and their odd behavior. Plus IIRC, the movie will have to alter the story, as the anime handles Chaos differently than the manga in HLP Forte.

After looking again, I'm pretty sure this will be the final anime project for the series. Since I looked at the 2nd-to-last chapter and it basically features the same artwork as that "digital canvas" they're offering in theaters. So this is probably it. Maybe Forte didn't sell as well has they hoped(and might explain why Funimation had to delay the BD)?

Held out from getting HighSchool DXD during the funi sale as I wanted the limited instead.

Just scored the limited of it off Hastings for  around $28. Very happy :D

Held out from getting HighSchool DXD during the funi sale as I wanted the limited instead.

Just scored the limited of it off Hastings for around $28. Very happy :D
I was really considering picking that up when it came back in stock this morning, but I already grabbed it from Amazon and I didn't want to double dip even though I do have a weakness for the sexy art boxes. It is an addiction really.

I was really considering picking that up when it came back in stock this morning, but I already grabbed it from Amazon and I didn't want to double dip even though I do have a weakness for the sexy art boxes. It is an addiction really.
I feel the same way haha. If a limited edition is out there, I feel I MUST have it. I don't know why other then the fact that they........look nice?

Anyone seen OniAi? Is it worth getting?
About to finish up the last two episodes when I get off work today. It was a pretty funny series, if you don't mind the whole awkwardness of a little sister wanting to get busy with her big brother. The "LE" is only $30 so I thought it was worth it. Then again, I am a sucker for limited editions.....haha.

I feel the same way haha. If a limited edition is out there, I feel I MUST have it. I don't know why other then the fact that they........look nice?
Haha, I'm right there with you! You have no idea how long it took me to talk myself out of double dipping for that.

I'm interested in some of the ones you have that you want to get rid of.
I have Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends, Fujiko Mine, King Of Thorn, Mass Effect Paragon Lost, Spice and Wolf S1 & S2 and Steins Gate S1 & S2.
Whenever Amazon ships them, I'll also have High School DxD, Serial Experiments Lain.

*edit - Wolf Children is also on the way.
I also have Chrono Crusade on DVD and Un-Go on blu.

So, I've been wondering lately on what the big deal is was with Funimation LE animes that only had one release. I've gotten a few at release but those animes were two parters and I'm confused on why some guys are trying so hard to get an LE that likely only contains a nice piece of a cardboard.

I understand the concept of getting a box so that you can fit in two releases (part 1, part 2), but why do you buy or hold off on an anime for a LE that only had one part? 

EDIT: Nvm. I see a few have artbooks and an extra case. I still don't see the big deal about them. I like to save as much space as possible these days. =S

About to finish up the last two episodes when I get off work today. It was a pretty funny series, if you don't mind the whole awkwardness of a little sister wanting to get busy with her big brother. The "LE" is only $30 so I thought it was worth it. Then again, I am a sucker for limited editions.....haha.

Haha, I'm right there with you! You have no idea how long it took me to talk myself out of double dipping for that.
Where is oniAI at $30? Is that deal still going on?

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but FYE is doing a buy 1 get one for $1 on all USED DVDs, Blurays, and CDs. Just picked up the complete Iria: Zeiram the Animation on DVD (the tin case edition) for $15 and decided to give Linebarrels of Iron complete series a try for $1.

Also, the S.A.V.E. sets are on major discount. These are all new, not used. Birdy The Mighty: Decode usually runs for $30 at FYE, but it was 50% off. So I snagged that. 

What do you guys think of Akira and Wolf Children BD/DVD combos for $18 at Amazon? To me, that's still really steep, but I believe it's the cheapest these releases have been so far.
Cheapest that I have seen them. I almost want to buy Wolf Children, but I don't like how (slight spoilers?)
only one of the characters gets a real resolution at the end of it.

bread's done
Back