Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I make pretty good money with my job, system admin, but you guys must be crushing me given what your spending...or you don't live in Chicago where you're taxed on taxes and then taxed some more. Lousy spendocrats

Hey atleast the job pays the bills so you can grab said animes. Live in NWI and i have to commute to Valpo since i couldn't get a IT job out in Chicago.

I make pretty good money with my job, system admin, but you guys must be crushing me given what your spending...or you don't live in Chicago where you're taxed on taxes and then taxed some more. Lousy spendocrats

Hey atleast the job pays the bills so you can grab said animes. Live in NWI and i have to commute to Valpo since i couldn't get a IT job out in Chicago.
I live in California, so I definitely don't get any breaks on getting taxed out of the wazoo. T___T

I have Queen's Blade Rebellion (don't judge me), World god only knows seasons 2, and Children who chase lost voices in my cart. May also get K-on season 2 parts 1 and 2 and the movie before the sale is over. Just waiting for rightstuf to ship my pre-orders which are starting to pile up.
You bought a series about a guy who played every virtual dating sim in existence, then started playing one that turned real life into a dating sim. We're not judging you about QBR. ;)

I showed my girlfriend a few episodes of TWGOK, and she hated it. She said it objectifies women, as if they were puzzles you could solve in 30 minutes. "Player 1." (I thought it was pretty funny, but meh...we went to a different series)

I showed my girlfriend a few episodes of TWGOK, and she hated it. She said it objectifies women, as if they were puzzles you could solve in 30 minutes. "Player 1." (I thought it was pretty funny, but meh...we went to a different series)
I'm sure there's a dating sim game scenario you can use to get around that.

Yeah as much as i complain about Chicago, its not bad being literally 30 minutes from Everything.

This is my order. My Sentai collection pales compared to the rest of the other anime companies, so I splurged in order to have my collection be more diversified. 

15z2ghy.png

Imagine on how much the shipping is for your order if it wasn't free. Hell, imagine the actual fees for Square's shipping. As what we all got on DVD Planet, I think most of us said on what we got on the previous page of this thread.

Also, my order shipped today. =D I'm thinking of doing a second order for Penguin Drum for a friend of mine for her birthday. Bad dub aside, we got the first part together and we constantly make fun of the dub. As least she'll have the complete collection at this point.  

EDIT: Got it. Another $100 gone. God dammit. I'm done, DVD Planet! ;_;

So what did everyone get from DVD Planet?
I picked up two items:

Children Who Chase Lost Voices

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0: Complete Collection

Children Who Chase Lost Voices is a title I've wanted to add to my collection, but I was in no hurry to do so. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, however, is a title I've wanted to add to my collection for a long time now. Being able to get both for just under $40 was too good to pass up.

Splurged and picked up two more. Might even get more by the time the sale ends, but I did pick up what I really wanted.

My first order was for Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Ghost Hound, Inu X Boku, Kids On the Slope, and Kokoro Connect.

Then I got a $5 off one time use coupon and then ordered - Tsuritama, and Medaka Box!

I absolutely would order more if it let me order some of the preorders, but it still won't let you preorder anything that comes out past this month :/

Do you guys think Medaka Box would be a good purchase? I've heard that it's pretty meh but that its "sequel", Abnormal, is much better.

Screenshot2011-01-17at113649AM.png

Tell me more...
After my original purchase, I kept browsing, and added a couple of things to my cart and closed it out. It sent me an email the following day saying I didn't finish my checkout, and they sent me a $5 off $25 code good for a week!

After my original purchase, I kept browsing, and added a couple of things to my cart and closed it out. It sent me an email the following day saying I didn't finish my checkout, and they sent me a $5 off $25 code good for a week!
Dayum, I'mma try that and see what happens.

*fingers crossed*

Isn't that just the Frequent Buyers Club thing they have for 1 point for every $1 spent, and 200 points for $5 reward coupon? 

Isn't that just the Frequent Buyers Club thing they have for 1 point for every $1 spent, and 200 points for $5 reward coupon?
If that was the case I'm still waiting on like $20 right now. Outrage!

But if they sent him an email for $5 off $25, so it's probably an actual code to get buyers to pull the trigger since other places like Hastings does that too when you have stuff sitting in your cart.

I just checked the FBC thing, and the balance is on the account, so they probably aren't the same thing.

DVD planet have great Sentai titles on sales & 1st time i see it goes cheap.  No hurry for Funimation titles always have good sales.  Tempting to spend extra $200 plus.  Should i waits for Rightstuf 12 days x-mas sales?

If that was the case I'm still waiting on like $20 right now. Outrage!

But if they sent him an email for $5 off $25, so it's probably an actual code to get buyers to pull the trigger since other places like Hastings does that too when you have stuff sitting in your cart.

I just checked the FBC thing, and the balance is on the account, so they probably aren't the same thing.
I see. Should probably try that and see if I can nab one of those codes too since I've got $15 from points waiting to be processed. I'll probably put it towards Medaka Box season 1.

You don't know how badly I want buy a 3DS XL as well. Just stop right there, lol. =)
I've been really good about not giving into the urge. However, last Friday, Amazon dropped the price from $199.99 to $169.99, so I couldn't pass it up. And I have to be honest, the release of the latest Batman game was the final push for me to get one. I've also heard Dead or Alive: Dimensions is a pretty fun title, and with that Nintendo DS backwards compatibility I can finally try out Aliens: Infestation.

Hot damn, that DVD Planet sale is killing it! Angel Beats for $26? Ugh, any other time and I would in a heart beat, but I'm done spending money for quite awhile. Plus, I still haven't watched any of the anime I recently bough from DD. I think I still have the Dirty Pair OVA series from several months ago still sealed.

The prices are still fairly cheaper than amazon and rightstuf but still it would of been nice to get a couple more titles for 25.xx and they sent me a $5 off code so I guess I'll use it for panzer und girls

Kinda sad dvdplanet did not want extra $250 from me.  all the price in my cart is went up.  I save $250 now :)  now waits for amazon & rightstuf sales ;)

Managed to find something I wanted I could use the code on, so I guess it wasn't a complete loss. ^__^
So this does mean that you have in fact ordered all of their available anime now, no? Haha.

And does anybody know if DVDplanet uses the stupid DHL service like Deepdiscount does? I'd hate for all of these to get here wayyy late because of DHL

So this does mean that you have in fact ordered all of their available anime now, no? Haha.

And does anybody know if DVDplanet uses the stupid DHL service like Deepdiscount does? I'd hate for all of these to get here wayyy late because of DHL
All my packages so far have all shipped USPS, so hopefully yours will too.

That is good to know then, and looks as if both of mine are too!

And not a deal at all, but anybody else remember how crunchyroll was announced to come to the Vita? Haven't heard anything in regards to it at all, so I tend to pester the support team every once in a while asking them about it :)

This time they said, and I quote - "We are still awaiting a launch announcement.  Please keep an eye on the site for any news!"

Really wish it would come to it

Sadly, I was awake the whole time but eating and getting ready for work.  I suspect that it's over.

EDIT - I guess not, but I just have to stay away from those threads.  I feel bad about trying to get DW8 and the 1st season of Clannad (since I had them in my cart in time)...but just looking at the posts...WTF.

Don't know how long it will last, or if it is a glitch, but Walmart has the two Clannad Blu Rays on sale for......$12 each.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Clannad-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray-Widescreen/17492261

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Clannad-After-Story-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/20976034

Hurry up and order Folks!
Wow. I went through and they are listing a lot at $11.XX. I placed an order for Clannad After Story, Soul Eater, Summer Wars (Blu Only), Persona 4 Animation Part 1, and Infinite Stratos. All for just over $60 with tax and free shipping. Hopefully it's not a glitch and get cancelled, but it couldn't hurt to try. I didn't end up ordering anything from DVD Planet a couple days ago, because I have some PS4 stuff to pay off soon. I couldn't pass up these prices however.

Here are some of the other blus at 11.XX:

Soul Eater

Black Lagoon 1&2

Fullmetal Alchemist Collection 1

Spice and Wolf Complete

Fafner

Ouran High School Host Club

Fairy Tail Part 2

Strike Witches Season 2

Aria

FLCL

Infinite Stratos

Persona 4 Part 1

There are some others as well if you look around.

Here are some of the other blus at 11.XX: [Removed because I hate giant quotes]
Thanks to this thread alone, Christmas is now covered for 3 people. And myself. So many god damn times. LOL

Thanks, Sid for posting the first notice about the wal mart deals.

This thing is STILL live?  So...they probably aren't getting cancelled?  O.O

I went back for another small order.  @.@

still WTF...

I fully expect everything to get cancelled.  I picked up 5 blus, a PS3 game, 1 external 4TB drive, and 1 internal 3TB drive all for about $150

I fully expect everything to get cancelled. I picked up 5 blus, a PS3 game, 1 external 4TB drive, and 1 internal 3TB drive all for about $150
I was too indecisive for anything like drives or controllers. :(

At least a 58" HDTV could be headed to my door.

Some other titles are DBZ Kai S2 & S3, C Control, and InuYasha Final Act Set 1.

Go to the Anime & Animation tab and set the sorting to Price Low to High.

I was too indecisive for anything like drives or controllers. :(

At least a 58" HDTV could be headed to my door.
@.@

Doesn't mean I wouldn't mind a new 23" for my PC at home or a new TV to replace the one my parents lost a few days ago. I'm tempted to try for my parents' sake (knowing the chance is like 0%), but I kinda want the two Clannad Blus too (which isn't exactly 0%)

I don't care if I lose the other two items for it - they haven't (or won't) go for much more than this Wal-Mart price anyway.

bread's done
Back