Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
There are only combo packs right now. A cheap version won't come until the Anime Classics release, assuming FUNi does release one.

Unfortunately anime sales for BF usually aren't advertised ahead of time, and if they are, there are no tip offs since there are no physical ads for online stores people can leak out.  Rightstuf will run their typical 12+ days, though they might start even earlier this year with the pre-launch sale.  Amazon usually runs a BF sale to coincide with the DD one.  The DD one usually isn't an anime specific sale, but part of their entire site BF sale, so nothing will be specifically advertised from that sale, but there will be plenty of titles to purchase, etc.

There will definitely be anime on sale during the Amazon and DD sale on BF, but for Rightstuf it may be a bit further down since their 12+ days is their biggest event of the year, though they may start it earlier this year with their pre-launch sale.

I received my DVDPLANET order today.  I couldn't help but notice that both titles seem to be the Canadian releases.  Would there be any real reason to return these products?  I know the region (A) is the same, so I think they should play and look just fine.  It is a little upsetting, though, as the the store page for Children Who Chase Lost Voices and Tokyo Magnitude both specifically list USA as the country under disc info.

I received my DVDPLANET order today. I couldn't help but notice that both titles seem to be the Canadian releases. Would there be any real reason to return these products? I know the region (A) is the same, so I think they should play and look just fine. It is a little upsetting, though, as the the store page for Children Who Chase Lost Voices and Tokyo Magnitude both specifically list USA as the country under disc info.
Could you post a pic of what you received? And do the UPC match the one on the site?

I wasn't even aware there were Canadian specific releases, but I guess it's possible since the region A just covers NA for the most part.

I'm guessing there's french written on the back description to signify it's a Canadian release? I know Tokyo Magnitude had an Italian release, but you will notice that right away as they look completely different.

Could you post a pic of what you received? And do the UPC match the one on the site?

I wasn't even aware there were Canadian specific releases, but I guess it's possible since the region A just covers NA for the most part.

I'm guessing there's french written on the back description to signify it's a Canadian release? I know Tokyo Magnitude had an Italian release, but you will notice that right away as they look completely different.
-facepalm-

Looks like I was a little too quick to panic and bash DVDPLANET. Once I saw the Canadian rating on the back, I immediately concluded that I must have received the wrong item, but closer inspection reveals this to be false. I'm not used to seeing a Canadian rating on a video release. Now that I realize I was wrong, I'm really impressed with the site. Delivery only took 10 days, and both items are in fantastic shape.

-facepalm-

Looks like I was a little too quick to panic and bash DVDPLANET. Once I saw the Canadian rating on the back, I immediately concluded that I must have received the wrong item, but closer inspection reveals this to be false. I'm not used to seeing a Canadian rating on a video release. Now that I realize I was wrong, I'm really impressed with the site. Delivery only took 10 days, and both items are in fantastic shape.
Glad it worked out. ^__^

I need some recommendations for stuff to use my 40% Gohastings coupon on. It won't let me do it on Zetman or Rose of Versailles, and most of the other newer releases are out of stock.

I need some recommendations for stuff to use my 40% Gohastings coupon on. It won't let me do it on Zetman or Rose of Versailles, and most of the other newer releases are out of stock.
The code only works on used "qualifying" titles, which you have to click on in the email (even though it doesn't say that anywhere on the email). If you click on the actual email it'll bring you to the typical list.

Pretty sloppy on their part, but typical Hastings, so whatever. ~_~

Here's a direct link to the page,

http://www.gohastings.com/?utm_source=GO_Sale_LoyaltyOffer_11102013&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=LoyaltyOffer

Not a deal at all, but I again have 3 48 hour crunchyroll all access guest passes available if anybody wants them.

PM if you want one.

The code only works on used "qualifying" titles, which you have to click on in the email (even though it doesn't say that anywhere on the email). If you click on the actual email it'll bring you to the typical list.

Pretty sloppy on their part, but typical Hastings, so whatever. ~_~

Here's a direct link to the page,
http://www.gohastings.com/?utm_source=GO_Sale_LoyaltyOffer_11102013&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=LoyaltyOffer
Meh, when I click that link on both Mobile and Desktop I get the main page with the only DVDs WWE and Xmas DVDs. Tried Robocop, Dollhouse, and Eureka Seven and none worked. Will probably end up as a wasted code.

Meh, when I click that link on both Mobile and Desktop I get the main page with the only DVDs WWE and Xmas DVDs. Tried Robocop, Dollhouse, and Eureka Seven and none worked. Will probably end up as a wasted code.
Weird. Hopefully that works out somehow since I was able to get some to work with the code, although not everything I wanted got discounted, so that still sucked. Damn you Hastings, and your tempting codes that don't work properly. ~_~

Rightstuf is having a sale on visual novels.  I'm looking at Steins Gate, I know it's not really a game so I'm not concerned about gameplay. However has anyone played it?  Is there enough story to add to the anime?

Rightstuf is having a sale on visual novels. I'm looking at Steins Gate, I know it's not really a game so I'm not concerned about gameplay. However has anyone played it? Is there enough story to add to the anime?
I personally find Visual Novels to be boring as dirt, but if you have the time and the patience, go for it. I never played Steins;gate, but I'm sure the story from the anime/game are probably the same with the exception of a few different paths.

Then again, I'm just guessing. (google/youtube it)

Clannad needs to go on sale already. GoHastings has it sometimes but never when they have a sale running >.<
I missed the DVDPlanet sale when it was up, so I'm hoping that Rightstuf will throw it in as part of the Christmas sale. I really need to get around to watching it!

Rightstuf is having a sale on visual novels. I'm looking at Steins Gate, I know it's not really a game so I'm not concerned about gameplay. However has anyone played it? Is there enough story to add to the anime?
I heard it's worth it even if you've already watched the anime. The different endings are supposed to be great, as was well as exploring the story in more detail (like seeing
Suzuha's future world
). I loved the anime and this will be my first VN.

VN sale ends tonight.

I keep on checking in on this thread in hopes of a stellar deal but I have yet to see any. There seems to be various discussions going on about anime but nothing really solid deal wise. On that note the collection of Digimon-Season 1 thru 4 is on sale at Amazon for 79.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Digimon-Official-Seasons-1-4-Collection/dp/B00DYEBLYI/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1384476926&sr=1-1
Did you miss the DVD Planet sale? Did you miss the Wal Mart price glitch which involved anime? This is all within the past week and a half. I believe someone plugs the weekly Right Stuf sales here weekly here as well. You obviously are reading this thread at the wrong times.

I heard it's worth it even if you've already watched the anime. The different endings are supposed to be great, as was well as exploring the story in more detail (like seeing
Suzuha's future world
). I loved the anime and this will be my first VN.

VN sale ends tonight.
Yeah, I will pick it up as well but not during this sale. There was nothing else I wanted to add to get free shipping and since it doesn't come out until February I'm going to wait.

Did you miss the DVD Planet sale? Did you miss the Wal Mart price glitch which involved anime? This is all within the past week and a half. I believe someone plugs the weekly Right Stuf sales here weekly here as well. You obviously are reading this thread at the wrong times.
Quoted for truth! Seeing as anime sales besides the weekly rightstuf sale are sparse, it is hard to just talk about deals here!

I got my last DVD Planet order in the mail yesterday, everything looks great. Jesus, I forgot how goofy F/ST was... but them action scenes. :D

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday/

Am I missing something, or are most of those items full price?
No, you're not insane, but they may be possibly. @_@

I mean the pre-12+ sale are usually so-so, but even this is a bit too much.

Maybe they are still setting the prices? :joystick:
I certainly hope so. It doesn't appear they've announced the sale on any of their social media places, which they ALWAYS do, so they may just be getting things prepared still, but I think this has been up since last Thursday, since the next two waves also start on Thursday, so irono. *shrug*

No, you're not insane, but they may be possibly. @_@

I mean the pre-12+ sale are usually so-so, but even this is a bit too much.

I certainly hope so. It doesn't appear they've announced the sale on any of their social media places, which they ALWAYS do, so they may just be getting things prepared still, but I think this has been up since last Thursday, since the next two waves also start on Thursday, so irono. *shrug*

Haha, good!

Well if it has been up since Thursday, then this might be the world's crappiest anime sale.

Haha, good!

Yeah I think their prices are still not set or something. Considering almost all of it is full retail price.
If you actually click on some of them, the prices are the sale prices, just not shown on the page.

The prices are as expected though, so-so.

Only thing worth mentioning is Elfen Lied for $20, but other than that it's all okay prices. Nothing that hasn't already been lower during DD, and DVDPlanet sale these past few weeks, or at least for the Sentai titles.

Upon further inspection though there are some cheapies of series that have shown up for the past 2-3 holiday sales, so looks like they back in the sale again, for a bit lower again.

If you actually click on some of them, the prices are the sale prices, just not shown on the page.
You know whats funny? I did that literally 10 minutes ago and it still showed full retail for the items I checked. Well, at least now we know they aren't going crazy! :dunce:

Rightstuf Holiday Countdown Sale Begins

Wave 1:

Threw the list into its own thread since there's just so much to list every year, and there's just too many people for that sale alone usually in these threads.

Thanks for posting the prices Squarehard.

I thought Arakawa Under the Bridge holiday bundle was an ok price.  The blu for $28.50 each doesn't seem that bad.  I don't think I've ever seen a NISA anime release (standard edition) go for under $35.  Have there been better sales on NISA titles?

Thanks for posting the prices Squarehard.

I thought Arakawa Under the Bridge holiday bundle was an ok price. The blu for $28.50 each doesn't seem that bad. I don't think I've ever seen a NISA anime release (standard edition) go for under $35. Have there been better sales on NISA titles?
It's usually around the $30 to $35 prices, so if you want to gauge price that way, although the NISA titles that are usually $30 and above have been the LE/PE editions, so the regular sets have been relatively cheaper in recent years since the LE/PE sets have been discontinued for many of them. But like you said, even the previous year the standard edition haven't been that cheap, but they just started, so maybe it's a trend. ;D

It's usually around the $30 to $35 prices, so if you want to gauge price that way, although the NISA titles that are usually $30 and above have been the LE/PE editions, so the regular sets have been relatively cheaper in recent years since the LE/PE sets have been discontinued for many of them. But like you said, even the previous year the standard edition haven't been that cheap, but they just started, so maybe it's a trend. ;D
Thanks for the reply. I really would like to buy more of their titles, but CAG in me cringes a little when I see the prices. I'll have to see what the rest of the sale brings.

A few decent prices here, but mostly average. I've been wanting to pick up Oreimo 1-4 since I read the scanlations before the series was licensed for US. $5.50 per volume is the best I've seen anywhere.

Are these one day only prices or do previous day sales continue through to the end?

A few decent prices here, but mostly average. I've been wanting to pick up Oreimo 1-4 since I read the scanlations before the series was licensed for US. $5.50 per volume is the best I've seen anywhere.

Are these one day only prices or do previous day sales continue through to the end?
To the end, but stock is always hit or miss, so just make sure to keep track of the counter if it appears. Usually appears once it hits below 100 quantity.

bread's done
Back