Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Funimation posted their Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=2751

I don't think their titles will be cheaper than Amazon but will probably match whatever Rightstuf does.

The thing I'm most interested in is their 50% off a 12 month EVS which would be $47.70 with the discount. If Crunchyroll does their usual sale on year long all access membership then I will be set for streaming for the year.
The Funimation sale as It just occurred to me will be pretty much non-sale whatsoever.

Their discounts are going to be off of the "Market Price" they have listed, which is about 2x more than the regular prices on Amazon or Rightstuf regularly, so the 50% off is not really going to account to any discount at all.

Personally I was confused why they kept advertising as to why they kept advertising Trigun for $6 on their Facebook page, but then I saw that every title already had a "25%" discount attached to their current prices, and the regular price of Trigun blu is $24.98 "Market Price", so it all makes sense now. This would also explain why Funi was seemingly going to have a good deal for BF or Cyber Monday, but is now just a crappy sale like they usually have.

Well, it was nice to at least think Funi was going to do the right thing, and put up a decent sale, but I was wrong. :p

In for High School D&D, but what's the point of having only the 2nd half of Michiko on sale?
Didn't they have the 1st half on sale as a Lightning Deal earlier this week?
Also, Amazon has had the LE version of it cheaper than anywhere else since release, and even cheaper than Rightstuf has it currently on sale right now, so it's not like it'll be difficult to get part 1 for a decent price, especially the LE of it, which part 2 fits right into the LE set, so probably works out better this way.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00DJ5IPBE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I think most people are just going to buy Part 1 LE anyways, once Part 2 Lightning Deal is live.

Just picked up both seasons of Clannad from Right Stuf.  Been waiting for it to go on sale, and I think this was the best price I've seen it for.  

Also, Amazon has had the LE version of it cheaper than anywhere else since release, and even cheaper than Rightstuf has it currently on sale right now, so it's not like it'll be difficult to get part 1 for a decent price, especially the LE of it, which part 2 fits right into the LE set, so probably works out better this way.

http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new

I think most people are just going to buy Part 1 LE anyways, once Part 2 Lightning Deal is live.

Really? Must have slept through that one. How much did it go for?

Really? Must have slept through that one. How much did it go for?
It goes for $30.96 right now, which you can see from the link above.

Amazon has always had it at this price since release, so it's actually a nice deal compared to other places like Rightstuf.

As others have mentioned they saw Part 1 as part of a lightning deal as well previously, but that was for the standard I believe, so not even the LE version.

NISA is going to have a Holiday Sale from 12/2 - 12/6.  IIRC, this hasn't been very good sale in the past, but might get lucky with a decent price on a couple of anime titles or games.  I like the deal for Arakawa Under the Bridge from TRSI, but I'd also like to pick up the Katanagatari PEs. 

NISA is going to have a Holiday Sale from 12/2 - 12/6. IIRC, this hasn't been very good sale in the past, but might get lucky with a decent price on a couple of anime titles or games.
The sales last year were worse than the ones Rightstuf (or at least for the anime) ran during the 12+, and the only real incentive they had were the bonuses that NISA usually sends you for ordering from them, but price wise there wasn't much to look at.

I still have a copy of Times of Eve in my cart that I am about to remove if anyone here wants it.

EDIT:

I also took out my copy of Noein, for anyone who wants that as well!

When I have my cursor over High School D&D it says $ 24.49, I'm not sure if that's a good price or not.
Well, if your big collector it wouldn't be a good price (in my opinion), but if your like me thats going to get for the Dvd version and get rid of the Blue-ray version, than its not a big deal to pay $24 for it. I'll pretty much get money back when i sell it on ebay or at least part of it.

Who is actually staying up for Michiko & Hatchin Part 2? If you're on the west coast, it's not so bad but here it's at 3:20 AM. I have part 1 but didn't really stick to me that much. Thinking of passing but then another side of me wants to set the alarm so I can get it... just to see if the second part of the anime redeems itself. =|

DeepDiscount 1 DAY CODE FOR 15% EXTRA OFF

CODE: TURKEY

Links to Section 23 lists (many titles on sale currently, so might be a good chance to take advantage with the 15% off now)

Anime Blus

Anime DVDs

List of notable sale titles,

[SIZE=12pt]Battle Girls Time Paradox: Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Bodacious Space Pirates [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.20[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Bodacious Space Pirates: Collection 2 [3 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.09[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Broken Blade: The Complete Series [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.43[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep BelowPrice:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $14.49[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Demon King Daimao - Complete CollectionPrice:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.23[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dream Eater Merry: The Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.43[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ef: A Tale of Melodies- Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.43[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ef: A Tale of Memories - Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.45[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fate/Stay Night: Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.23[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Grave of the FirefliesPrice:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $11.71[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Hiiro no Kakera: Season 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Horizon in Te Middle on Nowhere - Season 1Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.05[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Intrigue in the Bakumatsu - Collection 2Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.06[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Intrigue in the Bakumatsu - Irohanihoheto: Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.29[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Kamisama Dolls: Complete Collection [3 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Legend of the Dark Kings: A Fist of the North Star Story [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.48[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Majikoi-Oh! Samurai Girl: Complete CollectionPrice:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.30[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Needless: Complete Collection [3 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $34.03[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Night Raid 1931: Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.46[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ninja Scroll [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $9.96[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Penguindrum: Collection 2 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Persona 4: The Animation - Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $22.76[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Phi Brain: Puzzle of God - Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Phi-Brain: Season One - Collection 2 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.09[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Phi-Brain: Season Two - Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.05[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Samurai Girls: Complete CollectionPrice:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.46[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Shining Hearts: Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tokyo Magnitude 8.0: Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Towano Quon Complete CollectionPrice:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.28[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Un-Go: Complete CollectionPrice:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $26.29[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Xam'd: Lost Memories - Complete Collection [3 Discs] [Blu-ray]Price:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] $34.05[/SIZE]

Dang, I would have liked to have paid 15% less for each of the Patlabor sets I ordered the other day :whistle2:(

As for staying up for Michiko, nuts to that. I just set my alarm for 2:15 :D

Michiko & Hatchin: Complete Series, Part 2 [Blu-ray] $24.49 Amazon Lightning Deal 12:20AM

Yeah, we were discussing it in the DD thread.

Apparently they raised the prices on all the pre-orders, and newer releases from the past couple of weeks prior to the code going live.
The two preorders I linked didn't go up in price, but it's the only two I refreshed that didn't. I had tabs open for days =P

Edit: And there goes another $131.26.

The two preorders I linked didn't go up in price, but it's the only two I refreshed that didn't. I had tabs open for days =P

Edit: And there goes another $131.26.
Oic. I guess those were kind of high to begin, so might explain it. The other pre-orders were all in the mid 20s or so.

I'm contemplating placing a second order for all the Patlabor stuff and then returning the ones they've shipped to me/ cancelling volume 4.
And by "contemplating" I meant "totally doing that thing I just said." The 15% off made it $27 cheaper, so it'll be worth it even with the cost for returning the other items. The big question now is, how big of a hassle will it be to delete two items from a previous order without losing the cheap prices on Girls und Panzer and Pet Girl of Sakurasou?

I just spent a lot of money with Deep Discount. They had a lot of my want list on sale, and the TURKEY code made it even better. I spent around $200 on anime today if you add in the rightstuf order... jebus. I also love how easy it is to paste this in now!

814131016515.mediumThumb.1.jpg
Mardock Scramble: Director's Cut [Blu-ray] 814131016515
$12.63
$12.63

814131018427.mediumThumb.1.jpg
Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion [Blu-ray] 814131018427
$12.31
$12.31

704400095474.mediumThumb.1.jpg
Serial Experiments Lain: The Complete Collection [Blu-ray/DVD] 704400095474
$24.55
$24.55

814131011329.mediumThumb.1.jpg
Intrigue in the Bakumatsu - Irohanihoheto: Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] 814131011329
$22.35
$22.35

814131011428.mediumThumb.1.jpg
INTRIGUE IN THE BAKUMATSU - COLLECTION 2 814131011428
$22.15
$22.15

814131010933.mediumThumb.1.jpg
Persona 4: The Animation - Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] 814131010933
$19.35
$19.35

814131018526.mediumThumb.1.jpg
Persona 4: The Animation - Collection 2 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] 814131018526
$19.30
$19.30

Subtotal: $132.63 Shipping: FREE Total: $132.63

I think I am going to stop until RightStuf's 12 Days. I already have enough anime alone that I have not watched that will last me all next year. Plus, I kinda miss sitting down in my recliner and couch...

Those prices are okay, but I'm holding out for their Black Friday code to be worth it. I'd rather only pay the bare minimum for companies that give us shitty releases like Section 23.

Almost want to preorder Say I Love You with that TURKEY code......but I still want to pick up some things from Rightstuf.

Do you guys think that I should snag Toradora! at that price? I've always been interested in it and NISA items don't usually go on sale right? Considering that and the two Beserk movies as my last order before the 12 day sale that will completely  fuck my wallet.

It's a really good show, but there are a lot of really good shows that won't cost you $50.

Hold on, let me make you a handy guide:

Section 23: These guys make shitty, barebones products. Only get their releases when they're cheap.

Funimation: With Funi, you have to play the waiting game since they'll release every anime 3-5 different times, each at progressively lower prices. You get dubtitles and poor video quality, but they're better than Section 23 at least. Their SAVE sets tend to have reversible covers, so I recommend getting your anime collection going with those sets.

Aniplex: If you aren't bleeding money, I do not recommend looking at Aniplex releases. Acquire these shows by different means, since Aniplex is literally only targeting the collector's market here and doesn't care about anything else.

NISA: Get the LEs if you like collector's editions and have the cash to blow. Don't buy the standard editions unless you really love a series, because they're priced much higher than the quality of the actual release.

I know you're just itching to get your Section 23 flame on Dark_Sage, and you seem to be starting up again, but please refrain from it, please, with sugar on top?

Do you guys think that I should snag Toradora! at that price? I've always been interested in it and NISA items don't usually go on sale right?
They were on sale last year for about pretty much the same price, but they only go on sale at either Rightstuf, or NISA site itself, so it's usually pretty safe if it's on sale on Rightstuf it's probably the best price since the NISA sales usually aren't that great, but you could always wait until NISA pulls out there BF sale, and see if it's included there.

Snagged a copy of High School DxD in the lightning deals for $24.49. Been wanting to check the series out and at that price I can't complain too much!

Can't decide if I want to bite on this Beserk/Toradora order though! It would bring my total spent up to around $230 before the big sale, which for me is quite a lot! I know it is minuscule compared to what some of you have unloaded thus far.  :headache:

Snagged a copy of High School DxD in the lightning deals for $24.49. Been wanting to check the series out and at that price I can't complain too much!

Can't decide if I want to bite on this Beserk/Toradora order though! It would bring my total spent up to around $230 before the big sale, which for me is quite a lot! I know it is minuscule compared to what some of you have unloaded thus far. :headache:
They probably won't be going much cheaper, and Rightstuf will probably not repeat titles in their 12+ days sale, so you're probably safe with those titles showing up later in the sale. Plus, the sale might extend through the 12+ as they have done the previous year, so another reason they won't show up again during the 12+, although they may still be present during it. Rightstuf is generally pretty good about these kind of things. If they feel people are actually buying things, they'll just keep the sale going. They're not terribly stingy when it comes to extending sales.

I know you're just itching to get your Section 23 flame on Dark_Sage, and you seem to be starting up again, but please refrain from it, please, with sugar on top?
I'm trying to help a noob figure things out. S23/Sentai produce the objectively worst releases out there. I know you just put this stuff on your shelves, but I'm not gonna mislead someone into yellow subs.

INU-X-BOKU-SS-10-Sentai-Filmworks.mkv_snapshot_11.01_2013.10.30_08.34.11.jpg

They probably won't be going much cheaper, and Rightstuf will probably not repeat titles in their 12+ days sale, so you're probably safe with those titles showing up later in the sale. Plus, the sale might extend through the 12+ as they have done the previous year, so another reason they won't show up again during the 12+, although they may still be present during it. Rightstuf is generally pretty good about these kind of things. If they feel people are actually buying things, they'll just keep the sale going. They're not terribly stingy when it comes to extending sales.
In the past I recall rightstuf both being awesome and lame with this deal. I recall a year where they reoffered a number of their thanksgiving sale items for cheaper during the 12 days sale (it wasn't a huge difference, just a few bucks here or there but still), and I believe just last year (or maybe the year before that) they extended their thanksgiving sale right into the 12 days sale.

I'm trying to help a noob figure things out. S23/Sentai produce the objectively worst releases out there. I know you just put this stuff on your shelves, but I'm not gonna mislead someone into yellow subs.

INU-X-BOKU-SS-10-Sentai-Filmworks.mkv_snapshot_11.01_2013.10.30_08.34.11.jpg
I shove EVERYTHING anime onto my shelves, so I'm not not sure why you feel I have some place in my heart specifically set aside for Section 23.

I think you're confusing me with not enjoying your rants, with me defending Section 23 releases. It's not even about whether I agree with you or not, it's just it's not really the best way to be contributing to this thread.

We've already had to involve mods in the past because it was apparent you can't control yourself on the topic, so what's the point of going all out on this again, and letting it spiral out of control to the point we have to involve a mod again? It's just unnecessary, and doesn't really contribute anything helpful to this thread other than your hatred for Section 23 because you have so many fan sub friends, and on fan sub communities that complain about this stuff all the time, and you support fan subbers over, bleh, bleh, etc. etc.

Can we just not do this again, please?

and I believe just last year (or maybe the year before that) they extended their thanksgiving sale right into the 12 days sale.
Yeah, it was just last year that they just rolled it all completely over without the price changes. It'd be nice if they do it again because some people are still on the fence whether or not to wait until Dec.2 for the start of 12+.

I only watch anime in the original Japanese without subtitles while Daisuke and Shiori sit in the room and translate everything for me. Sure it costs a little more, but I can't imagine watching it any other way.

I shove EVERYTHING anime onto my shelves, so I'm not not sure why you feel I have some place specifically set aside for Section 23.

I think you're confusing with me not enjoying your rants, with me defending Section 23 releases. It's not even about whether I agree with you or not, it's just it's not really the best way to contributing to this thread.

We've already had to involve mods in the past because it was apparent you can't control yourself on the topic, so what's the point of going all out on this again, and letting it spiral out of control to the point we have to involve a mod again? It's just unnecessary, and doesn't really contribute anything helpful to this thread other than your hatred for Section 23 because you have so many fan sub friends, and on fan sub communities that complain about this stuff all the time, and you support fan subbers over, bleh, bleh, etc. etc.

Can we just not do this again, please?
It matters because you equate value solely to series title. What you're doing is the equivalent of freaking out over someone pointing out that Insignia makes worse TVs than Samsung.

I don't know whether you're misleading people out of ignorance or spite, but fact is you really have no clue what you're talking about. I guess you're having too much fun playing at otaku to stop, though.

I ended up waking up at 3:05 AM only to see that Michiko was barely even touched then I stayed up till 4 getting some random blus on Best Buy for Christmas gifts... was worth it before they got emptied I suppose. 

PS. Michiko was only at 26% claimed an hour before the deal ended. Fuuuuuuuu 

It matters because you equate value solely to series title. What you're doing is the equivalent of freaking out over someone pointing out that Insignia makes worse TVs than Samsung.

I don't know whether you're misleading people out of ignorance or spite, but fact is you really have no clue what you're talking about. I guess you're having too much fun playing at otaku to stop, though.
Ever heard of the expression about when you assume?

I think I've already said all I can say because it's pretty obvious that you have no intention of actually helping people out, and rather stroke your own ego, and give off the illusion you know more than everybody else.

I guess there's no point in trying to talk to someone who is only in stroking their own ego, and you still don't understand anything I've said, so there's really no point in continuing with any of this for either of us.

And the last portion of your comment is ironic because you just described yourself in a nutshell,

"I don't know whether you're misleading people out of ignorance or spite, but fact is you really have no clue what you're talking about. I guess you're having too much fun playing at otaku to stop, though."
applauding.gif

Darn! Normally I'd stay away from DeepDiscount, but those prices... And of COURSE the site goes super slow and when I go to check out they go down for maintenance :/ 

Darn! Normally I'd stay away from DeepDiscount, but those prices... And of COURSE the site goes super slow and when I go to check out they go down for maintenance :/
Yeah, DD has been running sluggish since last night.

It took me 10 minutes to checkout. T___T

The good thing though is that there's a chance they'll extend the sale, so maybe that's a plus. :D

Has DeepDiscount been doing a bit better in shipping items and such, or the same as ever? I've seen photos of people receiving  their items, but not sure if they are still waiting several weeks to ship (without telling you) or not?

bread's done
Back