Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of the Funi sale, I wonder if the Black Friday sale will combine with the Cyber Monday sale. I wanted Wolf Children and Summer Wars, but found out the other suff I wanted (also to make it free shipping) wasn't live today :(

Dang, I didn't think anyone cared about Scrapped Princess anymore. I was hoping that vol 2 w/ the figure would have lasted until Monday. I guess that's what I get for trying to cheap out on shipping.

So is the RightStuff +12 sale thats coming up similar to the 3 wave sale or is it just like a certain amount of items a day thing?

It's similar to the "waves". A bunch of stuff on discount. They usually stick around for the full 12 days and if I remember correctly we typically get a bonus 13th day.

Would anyone know a place where people post deals on figures? Googling has led me to out of date sources.
I have little to no interest in figures but I know eStarland sells them on their site and via their warehouse/store thing in Virginia. They have been posting some eh deals on games for a few weeks but I haven't seen any deals on figures yet. Also, Crunchyroll has daily deals on figures sometimes too but I only know that because of all of their e-mail newsletters. As for a big hub like here or SD for deals on figures, I sure don't know of one... yet.

Amazon put a crap load of sets on sale once midnight rolled around.

Here's a list from blu-ray.com

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=popularity&category=bluray&covers=8&popularity=all&genre=anime&studioid=0&packaging=-1&releases=all&movierating=all&videorating=all&audiorating=all

I grabbed:
Spice and Wolf Complete

Black Lagoon Complete

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail

Last Exile Fam Pt 1

Last Exile Fam Pt 2

I was tempted on Hellsing Ultimate, but given that the final two OVAs aren't out yet, I might as well go ahead and wait on it. Steins;Gate was also tempting, but that was another $50, so meh... I have spent SO much on anime this year. I'll be set for a really, really long time now.

There really are a ton of great deals. I was really, really hoping that Another would go on sale, though, so now it's just down to rightstuf to make that come true!

Whoa, grabbed Michiko & Hatchin part 2, Heaven's Lost property and Shakugan no Shana movies, Sekirei Complete Collection, thanks for the list!

Would anyone know a place where people post deals on figures? Googling has led me to out of date sources.

I have little to no interest in figures but I know eStarland sells them on their site and via their warehouse/store thing in Virginia. They have been posting some eh deals on games for a few weeks but I haven't seen any deals on figures yet. Also, Crunchyroll has daily deals on figures sometimes too but I only know that because of all of their e-mail newsletters. As for a big hub like here or SD for deals on figures, I sure don't know of one... yet.
Ew. Go with Amiami, followed by CDJapan/HLJ/PlayAsia.

Awesome prices at Amazon. Finally picked up both sets of Steins;Gate.  Really, really holding back on anything else.

*sigh*  Even though I want Black Lagoon (and the now super-cheap Hyrule Historia book), I think I have to pass and wait for BL to be around $19 again later on unless it's doubtful that it will reach that price again.

My spending limit is just too close, and I would like to get a good bit from Hastings yet.

It's good to hear that everyone else is getting things for prices that they like though!  :D

Went ahead and got Last Exile, Eureka Seven AO, and, with much hesitation, Fafner.

I really wish the Pokemon Quad-Feature was worth getting.

I suppose thankfully my AMEX isn't eligible to be synced. I grabbed the Black Lagoon OVA and Serial Experiments: Lain. Burned off some Amazon points to get it down to $30. I don't feel too bad about that. BL OVA still comes out to about $3 / episode, but unless they combine with the series, these things are always expensive.

Why in the hell Funimation decided it would be a good idea to make the season 1 of Heaven's Lost Property in a DVD case is beyond me. I'm going to order the two seasons regardless, but the size differences is going to drive me absolutely crazy! haha.

Why in the hell Funimation decided it would be a good idea to make the season 1 of Heaven's Lost Property in a DVD case is beyond me. I'm going to order the two seasons regardless, but the size differences is going to drive me absolutely crazy! haha.
The initial Funimation LE blu/dvd sets were actually all that size, and during the release of S2 there were some issues with Kadokawa, who decided they were no longer going to release blu sets for Funimation anymore, so the intended LE set turned into a DVD only set (subsequently the S2 DVD LE set matches S1 Blu/DVD LE). After some months Funimation and Kadokawa worked out their issues they had, and started to release blus again. If you look at the two season releases, and when they were released you will see there is a huge disparity of when they were released, so it wasn't intentional for this series.

There was only one set that they intentionally did the releases like that, and it was for Spice & Wolf, but that a mistake, and they've already apologized for that one. ;D

The two films to follow the "Eden of the East  (Higashi no Eden)" complete series are at their cheapest...

Eden of the East (Movie I): The King of Eden $11.49

http://www.amazon.com/Eden-East-Two-Disc-Blu-ray-Combo/dp/B004GZZGW2/

Eden of the East (Movie II): Paradise Lost $10.99

http://www.amazon.com/Eden-East-Paradise-Blu-ray-Combo/dp/B0050UEVKK/

These are the lowest I've seen them if I recall correctly, and they've been on my Wishlist for a long time now.

Eden of the East: The Complete Series (Blu Ray Only) $16.99

http://www.amazon.com/Eden-East-Complete-Classic-Blu-ray/dp/B00B1RB8AC/

The complete series is not at it's lowest price, but it's lower/marked down from what it was before Black Friday week/weekend came along.

I had Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, and Whisper of the Heart sitting in my saved list on Amazon and looks like they dropped down to $20 each! Looks like all of them on blu are on sale right now!

The initial Funimation LE blu/dvd sets were actually all that size, and during the release of S2 there were some issues with Kadokawa, who decided they were no longer going to release blu sets for Funimation anymore, so the intended LE set turned into a DVD only set (subsequently the S2 DVD LE set matches S1 Blu/DVD LE). After some months Funimation and Kadokawa worked out their issues they had, and started to release blus again. If you look at the two season releases, and when they were released you will see there is a huge disparity of when they were released, so it wasn't intentional for this series.

There was only one set that they intentionally did the releases like that, and it was for Spice & Wolf, but that a mistake, and they've already apologized for that one. ;D
Yeah, I would love to have one of the art boxes that would allow me to match the two cases together, but that would cost me much more than the $50 I spent for both seasons. :???: Ended up ordering the two seasons and the movie. Series had me constantly laughing and I have been looking for a price that I consider purchasing it at!

I really need to stop looking at this thread. My wallet has exploded and if I'm not mistaken the 12 day sales starts tomorrow? =.=

I'm going to hold off for the 12+ sale.

Only one thing I wanted to get from the list, but still rather wait to see what I'll be spending my money on as Rightstuf roles along.

Finally got around to picking up Steins Gate! Been waiting quite some time for it to drop in price. I also blind bought the three Eden of the East sets. For someone who's been out of the loop for the past 5-6 years (the last set I purchased was C Control last year), does anyone have any recommendations for something else to pick up that's on sale? My absolute favorite series is Neon Genesis, but I also like things like Lain, Excel Saga, Trigun, Hellsing, and FLCL.

Ew. Go with Amiami, followed by CDJapan/HLJ/PlayAsia.

We have a CAG thread for Japanese figures. It focuses mostly on video game figures (since CAG is primarily a gaming site), but lots of info in op like best places to buy: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/279912-japanese-vg-figure-thread-zs-samus-re-rel-now-sonic-re-rel-now-link-samus-re-rel-now-link-rah-jan/
Thanks for the help! :]

In addition to that, retail stores like BB and FYE were putting the releases in the Blu-ray section instead of the anime section, so anime fans had trouble finding them. Hence why they had those releases in Blu-ray cases but DVD-size slipcovers like Sengoku Basara and Shakugan no Shana.

In addition to that, retail stores like BB and FYE were putting the releases in the Blu-ray section instead of the anime section, so anime fans had trouble finding them. Hence why they had those releases in Blu-ray cases but DVD-size slipcovers like Sengoku Basara and Shakugan no Shana.
To be fair to the retailers though the set was already ready to be released until Kadokawa totally pulled it out from under Funi's feet, but of course that doesn't excuse the retailers being complete lazy asses and not updating the information properly. XD

I think only a few retailers had it sorted correctly, but that was pretty rare. Even at Hastings it was listed under the blu until I had to tell them that it wasn't properly listed, and they quickly fixed it afterwards.

To be fair to the retailers though the set was already ready to be released until Kadokawa totally pulled it out from under Funi's feet, but of course that doesn't excuse the retailers being complete lazy asses and not updating the information properly. XD

I think only a few retailers had it sorted correctly, but that was pretty rare. Even at Hastings it was listed under the blu until I had to tell them that it wasn't properly listed, and they quickly fixed it afterwards.
Well, there were other releases around that time that had DVD cases as well, though some, like Sekirei S2, had an excuse.

I want to thank Amazon for putting up everything that I stayed up to buy during their Lightning Deals for just $1 more today. I also appreciate them dropping part 1 of Michiko and Hatchin as well.

>_>

Thanks for the link and heads up.

Picked up Guilty Crown parts 1&2 and secret World of Arriety. Also saved money with the AmEx deal.

Would've bought more, but I am holding out for the Right Stuff Winter sale

I wish they'd drop Shana Season 2 pt 1 back down to $31.
I bought the Season 1 BR/DVD combo last year for $20 and have been wanting to pick up the other two seasons ever since. So dang expensive though! I would honestly hope that Rightstuf would somehow include a Shakugan no Shana holiday bundle or something in their 12 day sale.

If not, I am sure we'll be seeing complete season combo pack for both Seasons 2 and 3 in 2014.
That would definitely be ideal for me. I would only buy the two seasons now if they go super cheap, if not I can wait to see if they bring the complete season combo sets in 2014. ;)

Any chance Steins Gate will be released as a complete set at some point? Wanna jump on this deal but don't wanna spend more money right now.

bread's done
Back