Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
A little annoyed that Rightstuf raised the prices of Is this a Zombie and Eureka Seven preorders the day I go to order them. (This was a couple days ago.) Guess I'll wait til a sale.
Those items were a part of a Funimation studio sale with a specific end date listed on the website. That one is on you. :p

Missed out I just renewed Jump two weeks ago. I wonder if this will be a permanent thing. It'd be a nice bonus since I haven't renewed my Got Anime in awhile.
It'll probably be there for awhile.

It's part of their "Bargain Bundles" selection, so it'll probably be available for awhile since those don't get changed out very often like the other daily/weekly specials.

It's...complicated. The original game had 3 very different story paths. Fate/Stay Night is one path, which is told in a 26-episode series. Path 2 is Unlimited Blade Works, which was made into a movie. Path 3 I believe has not been made into a series/movie yet. Fate/Zero is a prequel series for Night.

Fate/Stay Night isn't that large. Only 2 Sets. Fate/Zero is a prequel. The other sets I believe are what ifs. Or something along those lines.
It's...complicated. The original game had 3 very different story paths. Fate/Stay Night is one path, which is told in a 26-episode series. Path 2 is Unlimited Blade Works, which was made into a movie. Path 3 I believe has not been made into a series/movie yet. Fate/Zero is a prequel series for Night.
New Fate/Stay Night series starts during fall.

Definitely on my to watch list for fall. :p

:shock: Wow, thanks! I'm willing to blind-buy at that price! :bouncy:

It's $9.75+$3.99 shipping at Amazon if anyone would rather go that route: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CJ7XZP4/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1392342598&sr=1-1&keywords=tsuritama&condition=new
Same. I passed on the bluray during the Rightstuf sale, but I can handle a $11 blind buy! I don't expect this to be as good as my Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 blind buy though. ;)

Aaaaand you lost me.
Fate/Zero is chronologically first. Fate/Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works cover the same ground in different ways (think FMA and Brotherhood, except both are from the source material). I believe the new anime will mix in elements from the game's 3rd storyline path, though I am not sure how they will handle that game's more adult nature.

Same. I passed on the bluray during the Rightstuf sale, but I can handle a $11 blind buy! I don't expect this to be as good as my Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 blind buy though. ;)
you might be surprised :p (though you will likely find magnitude a bit better)

anyways glad it was posted I am more than willing to pick up the series for $11. It was odd... but a fun watch. Who knew that fishing could be so.... special lol.

anyways glad it was posted I am more than willing to pick up the series for $11. It was odd... but a fun watch. Who knew that fishing could be so.... special lol.
I find fishing more special in Muromi-San, although that's a different kind of "special".

Looking forward to it! Unfortunately it wasn't the bluray, or it would be even better!

Thanks for clarifying that. Not as bad as I thought.

Fate/Zero is chronologically first. Fate/Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works cover the same ground in different ways (think FMA and Brotherhood, except both are from the source material). I believe the new anime will mix in elements from the game's 3rd storyline path, though I am not sure how they will handle that game's more adult nature.

Does anyone know if the Steins;Gate visual novel is actually any good?  I liked the anime quite a bit, but I don't know about how much of that story is in the game.  If it's more or less "play through the anime with a few alternate endings"  then I'd rather not spend the $48.

I mean yeah it's limited, and could be added to the collection just because of that, but I'm still not sure.

Ah screw it, it's only money :D

Got a couple Akira questions.

1. Are there any improvements in the Funi version of the blu compared to the Bandai version?  I already have the Bandai version, but I'd pick up the Funi release if it has even better sound/video as its on sale on amazon right now.

2. Do the graphic novels ever go on sale lower than the current prices on rightstuf or amazon?  I don't mind waiting for a price drop but I don't buy a lot of manga/gn's so I don't know if I should wait or pull the trigger now.  Have they ever been on righstuf's BF deals or the 12 days sale?

1. Are there any improvements in the Funi version of the blu compared to the Bandai version? I already have the Bandai version, but I'd pick up the Funi release if it has even better sound/video as its on sale on amazon right now.

2. Do the graphic novels ever go on sale lower than the current prices on rightstuf or amazon? I don't mind waiting for a price drop but I don't buy a lot of manga/gn's so I don't know if I should wait or pull the trigger now. Have they ever been on righstuf's BF deals or the 12 days sale?
To answer your second question,the Akira volumes don't really lower in price at all,and I haven't seen them during any of rightstuf's holiday sales.

1. Are there any improvements in the Funi version of the blu compared to the Bandai version? I already have the Bandai version, but I'd pick up the Funi release if it has even better sound/video as its on sale on amazon right now.
Didn't really pay much attention to the Bandai version, but it only included the Geneon dub didn't it? Funimation's includes both Geneon's & Streamline's dubs(Geneon is in 5.1, Streamline is in 2.0). They also ditched the window boxed effect with the aspect ratio that Bandai used for their version.

And that's why Aniplex prices will never lower since people already pay for it at the current price,so they have no reason to change that.

Any opinions on Robotics;Note.

I got the LE preordered and read the review at br.com. Looks pretty good but on the fence a bit.

Any opinions on Robotics;Note.

I got the LE preordered and read the review at br.com. Looks pretty good but on the fence a bit.
In my opinion, if you're expecting something as good as Steins;Gate, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. The ending felt horribly rushed.

Well I watched Casshern Sins and it was garbage. Eden of the East and the two movies were amazing, though.

I think I'm going to pick up Canaan and give that a go as soon as I finish Elfen Lied.

Gets a big fat "meh" from me.

It's entertaining, but not great.

In my opinion, if you're expecting something as good as Steins;Gate, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. The ending felt horribly rushed.
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't had to watch it yet. I'll go ahead and keep it as I got it for cheap. If I don't like it I'll go ahead and sell it. But from the sounds of it'll probably be gone soon haha.

Well I watched Casshern Sins and it was garbage. Eden of the East and the two movies were amazing, though.

I think I'm going to pick up Canaan and give that a go as soon as I finish Elfen Lied.
Ouch you watched Casshern Sins? I feel for you...show was crap. Everyone talked about the visuals like they were the second coming, but really, it didn't do anything for me.

My friend loved Casshern Sins. We had a deal, he would watch FMA Brotherhood (which I wanted him to watch), and I would watch Casshern Sins (which he wanted me to watch). I got through about a third, maybe half of it before I gave up. So fricking slow and boring, nothing ever happens. And of course, since I stopped watching Casshern, he never even bothered starting FMA. I might just force myself to finish it one day just to get him to watch Brotherhood lol. 

bread's done
Back