Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
See, for something like DBZ, I'd much rather just re-read the manga, which has no filler, and allows me to turn pages at whatever rate I want. It's not like the TV budget allows for the pinnacle of animation or anything. Of course, as a kid I was exposed to the manga much earlier than the anime anyway.

I feel the same about One Piece. I get all the collections, but I don't feel the need to get the newest seasons in parts, mainly because it'll be a while before I rewatch it, if at all.
well then you should like Kai which cuts out most of the filler. truthfully though I wish they had left the Cell vs Gohan ending alone because the original dbz shows that scene much much better than Kai did which I think they did this to make it more like the manga from what I hear but having heard how the manga vs the original show....the original show does this part infinitely better. granted it would be better if the entire Goku part at the end of the fight would have been taken out but Kai is still pretty good. truthfully I wish for the buu saga they would do Kai the way the maker of DBZ wanted which was to have Gohan take over and not bring back Goku.....that would get me excited

as for collecting habits....I have blind bought a lot and it has turned out quite well....but that can often mean over spending.....these days Im trying not to do that too much.

*Insert shameless plug here* 

But for anyone looking for some cheap complete series, check out the Trigger Happy Havoc Lowball over in the lowball section.

I have 8 complete series over there up for bidding, including (Samura Champloo, Samurai Seven, Claymore, X, Gun Sword and more!) And that is not to mention the other participants awesome items and games!

Link here  - >  http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326655-live-go-go-go-3g-and-friends-trigger-happy-havoc-lowball-active/

Come on over :)

*End shameless plug*

well then you should like Kai which cuts out most of the filler. truthfully though I wish they had left the Cell vs Gohan ending alone because the original dbz shows that scene much much better than Kai did which I think they did this to make it more like the manga from what I hear but having heard how the manga vs the original show....the original show does this part infinitely better. granted it would be better if the entire Goku part at the end of the fight would have been taken out but Kai is still pretty good. truthfully I wish for the buu saga they would do Kai the way the maker of DBZ wanted which was to have Gohan take over and not bring back Goku.....that would get me excited
The Kai Cell Saga ending was done that way because, at the time, the show had been cancelled, so they tried to work in as much closure as they could.

As for Kai Buu Saga, they won't change anything plot wise. Putting Gohan as the hero would require animating brand new scenes which would cost money. The only new animation will be the opening, ending, and eyecatchers.

Funimation has a mock unboxing for the Psycho Pass Premium Edition. Looks pretty cool though is a shame the Premium doesn't include the DVD's like the standard edition (though I never watch them).

My copy just shipped out this morning and was sort of a blind buy for me. Looking forward to checking it out when it arrives.

The Kai Cell Saga ending was done that way because, at the time, the show had been cancelled, so they tried to work in as much closure as they could.

As for Kai Buu Saga, they won't change anything plot wise. Putting Gohan as the hero would require animating brand new scenes which would cost money. The only new animation will be the opening, ending, and eyecatchers.
well yes that and it's more like the manga this way.

and yes I know they won't redo the buu saga....it was more of a pipe dream. you'd think though with all the money they make on reselling DBZ to people that they would have enough money to justify doing this especially since it is the buu saga which is a mixed bag with most fans of the show....I'd bet a fair amount of people would like to see the buu saga done the original intended way or at least quite a bit differently.

I suspect best buy doesn't sell the new dbz blu ray's because their anime selection has been getting lower and lower. truthfully if you want anime these days....it's either FYE or amazon or rightstuf

Oh my, I just watched all of "Is This a Zombie?" and it was surprisingly awesome. Probably the funniest anime I've watched to date. I will be picking up the Blu next month when it releases!

Funimation has a mock unboxing for the Psycho Pass Premium Edition. Looks pretty cool though is a shame the Premium doesn't include the DVD's like the standard edition (though I never watch them).

My copy just shipped out this morning and was sort of a blind buy for me. Looking forward to checking it out when it arrives.
Here you go. Pics from beat @ br.com

Psycho-Pass LE Slipbox out 3.11

Psycho-Pass Pt. 1 Slipcover out 3.11

Psycho-Pass Pt. 2 Slipcover out 3.11

Oh my, I just watched all of "Is This a Zombie?" and it was surprisingly awesome. Probably the funniest anime I've watched to date. I will be picking up the Blu next month when it releases!
Same there, got it and Haganai Next! on preorder. I hope they do Is This A Zombie S2 as well.

^Blu-ray.com and even Amazon has had those up for quite a while actually. You have to click "images" to see them on Blu-Ray.com I also saw a close up of the Premium Box at Katsucon and wasn't impressed. Feels like you're paying $30 more for a box and other cheap things.

Has anyone gotten Robotic;Notes yet? I got it on Walmart.com because I still had my $10 gift card back when they had massive price glitch a few months ago. My order has been processing for what seems like forever now and it's unavailable on their site now.

The Psycho Pass sets that come in the Premium Box still have that blue bar? fuck

EDIT: FYE is having all new DVDs and Blu-rays 20-50% off in-store and online. Online use the code OSCAR20.

^Blu-ray.com and even Amazon has had those up for quite a while actually. You have to click "images" to see them on Blu-Ray.com I also saw a close up of the Premium Box at Katsucon and wasn't impressed. Feels like you're paying $30 more for a box and other cheap things.

Has anyone gotten Robotic;Notes yet? I got it on Walmart.com because I still had my $10 gift card back when they had massive price glitch a few months ago. My order has been processing for what seems like forever now and it's unavailable on their site now.
I got my Robotic;Notes LE from RS the other day though haven't watched it yet. It is packed sort of like the Future Diary LE with the spacer filling the 2nd slot with the cards inside.

I got my LE copy in day one. Already burnt throught it waiting for Part 2. Watched it on Hulu Plus as well.

No posts yet today! Been bored at work. So what is the general thoughts on Nadia? Did it age well or is it something more for those who liked it back in the day?

No posts yet today! Been bored at work. So what is the general thoughts on Nadia? Did it age well or is it something more for those who liked it back in the day?
We discussed it a couple pages back. My personal opinion? Meh, hasn't aged that well, and it wasn't particularly great to begin with.

90 bones is pretty damn steep for a one part LE.
It'll come down in price once it gets closer to release.

These LE sets are always ridiculously priced since Amazon just lists them up early before other retailers do, but once other places start to list them they going to drop the prices down considerably, so I wouldn't worry about paying that much for it upon release, or as it gets closer to release.

I must ask at what point in human history did we start calling money bones? Im not new to the phrase and Ive heard it for years but just find it odd lol

I must ask at what point in human history did we start calling money bones? Im not new to the phrase and Ive heard it for years but just find it odd lol
tried looking it up as i also heard it an just accepted it as always been like that. closest i found too a answerer was a wiki saying it part of United Kingdom slang, here a copy paste of some the slang.

Ready money (i.e. available cash) has for centuries been referred to in the United Kingdom as "rhino"; Brewer equates this term with "paying through the nose", rhino- being a Greek prefix referring to the nose, that is, paying in cash.[2] The related term "cash on the nail" is said to refer to 17th century trading stands in Bristol and elsewhere, over which deals were done and cash changed hands.[3] Other general terms for money include "bread" (cockney rhyming slang 'bread & honey', money. This also became dough, by derivation from the same root), "cabbage", "clam", "milk", "dosh", "dough", "shillings", "frogskins", "notes", "duckets", "loot", "bones", "coin", "folding stuff", "honk", "lolly", "lucre"/"filthy "Lucre", "moola/moolah", "paper", "scratch", "readies",

"Bones" is just one of many slang terms for currency. As money has been a part of human culture for so long, it's only natural that it acquires a significant presence in colloquial dialog.

One of my favorites is "Dead Presidents." So literal. (although not in the case of the USD $100 bill)

I normally call it gwap or guwop.

Anyway, considering picking up King of Thorn. Based off reviews it sounds solid. I thoroughly enjoyed Summer Wars, but now want to explore other anime movies.

I call it money.

News from Amazon UK for you region free folks.  Fate Zero pt.1 has a special and a regular edition listing up for both blu ray and dvd.  It's by MVM entertainment, so I wouldn't expect to be blown away by the special edition. 

For those looking for DBZ Season 1, if you have a larger Best Buy, try checking in-store. The one here in Arundel Mills had Season 1 and 2 in their extra/misc movie section

For those looking for DBZ Season 1, if you have a larger Best Buy, try checking in-store. The one here in Arundel Mills had Season 1 and 2 in their extra/misc movie section
I have a 2 large bestbuy's but I doubt they'll have them in although they did have the orange bricks of dbz season 1 and 2 .

Don't look in the anime section, as they don't have a place for them. Check wherever they stash their overflow or extra Blu-rays that don't have a place on the rack.

Don't look in the anime section, as they don't have a place for them. Check wherever they stash their overflow or extra Blu-rays that don't have a place on the rack.
Unless mine restocked (which I doubt) then I won't find them. Mine has an extremely weak anime section. They also have a section in the middle of an aisle with stands full of Blu Rays. I noticed the tag say DBZ S1 Blu, but they had none left. Its been this way for a few weeks.

It's in stock again on Amazon but for $45. I'll wait for the inevitable $20 price point again.

It'll come down in price once it gets closer to release.

These LE sets are always ridiculously priced since Amazon just lists them up early before other retailers do, but once other places start to list them they going to drop the prices down considerably, so I wouldn't worry about paying that much for it upon release, or as it gets closer to release.
It already did. ;)

Mine was mixed in with a bunch of other misc anime titles (Akira, Aquarion Evol Part 1 LE, Naruto Set 17, One Piece 5.1, and Fate/Stay Night among others) along with a crapton of Harry Potter, Wolverine LE, extra Game of Thrones, a bunch of Dreamworks films, and some Bond movies. All were on their sides with the spine facing out.

Then again, Arundel Mills gets a lot of anime fans, so maybe they get an exception. It also has 4 double-sided racks each more than a dozen bays long for movies.

I normally call it gwap or guwop.

Anyway, considering picking up King of Thorn. Based off reviews it sounds solid. I thoroughly enjoyed Summer Wars, but now want to explore other anime movies.
I wouldn't if you were a fan of the manga also excessive use of cgi was horrible. Monsters looked cheaply done action sequences switch from nice animation to bad cgi. Story and some characters were butchered due to length.

Does anyone have Voyager's Starblazer/Yamato 2199 on preorder? I'm interested in seeing what direction the translations and subtitles are going to take.

Sentai June releases

Amnesia (DVD/Bluray Dub)

Henneko (DVD/Bluray)

Dog & Scissors (DVD)

Leviathan: The Last Defense (DVD/Bluray)

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (DVD/Bluray)

Busou Shinki (DVD)

Hyakka Ryoran: Samurai Bride (DVD/Bluray Dub)

Sentai June releases

Amnesia (DVD/Bluray Dub)

Henneko (DVD/Bluray)

Dog & Scissors (DVD)

Leviathan: The Last Defense (DVD/Bluray)

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (DVD/Bluray)

Busou Shinki (DVD)

Hyakka Ryoran: Samurai Bride (DVD/Bluray Dub)
I really don't get why sentai keeps dubbing shows that make dragon ball GT look like an amazing piece of story telling (Amnesia) that no one in their right mind should buy period let alone pay to buy a dub for and ignore shows that are fairly decent and a dub could actually increase sales (henneko)

I have to imagine it's some sort of contract thing where to get one show they have to get another show and dub it... but man... no show is worth taking Amnesia for ><;

bread's done
Back