Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Aniplex US is putting out the Persona 3 movie on Bluray for the US. Comes in a Collectors Edition and Standard. Preorders start 4/7

Collectors Edition include

Collector's Edition Exclusive Bonus Materials
■Original Soundtrack CD (Including the theme song "More Than One Heart"by Yumi Kawamura)
■Exclusive Box Art by Keisuke Watabe (Character Designer/Animation Director)
■Newly Illustrated Cover Art
■ 48-page Deluxe Booklet
■10 Super P3 Stickers
■4 Key Art Illustration Cards
It's an Import Edition though. I'm going to hold out for an English Dub. But because I am a huge fan of the series, and if there is no other alternative, I'll go through the expensive Aniplex route. -__-

Aniplex US is putting out the Persona 3 movie on Bluray for the US. Comes in a Collectors Edition and Standard. Preorders start 4/7

■Original Soundtrack CD (Including the theme song "More Than One Heart"by Yumi Kawamura)
■ 48-page Deluxe Booklet
■10 Super P3 Stickers
I wouldn't mind getting this but Aniplex titles are so exspensive. And the fact that no one other then Rightstuf and the AoA sell the titles makes it a pain as well. Sucks that AoA won't license the rights to sell to other companys.

■ 48-page Deluxe Booklet
■10 Super P3 Stickers
I really want this, but now that I think about it I also really liked the dub from the games. Knowing this will be way too expensive I think I'm just going to wait and see with this one. How likely is this to get a dub release down the line (and how likely will it be dubbed by the original game's cast? :p)?

■ 48-page Deluxe Booklet
■10 Super P3 Stickers
Ugh this is brutal. I'm not a huge anime fan but I've been looking forward to this one. No way I'll pay $60/$80 though

I decided to hold off on the dbz blus for now. I have a feeling funi is going to have them on sale at this price again any way.

Does anyone know that if Funimation charges your card right way for pre orders. Or is it like normal and wait till it ships. Gonna hop on the DBZ blu-ray deal

Does anyone know that if Funimation charges your card right way for pre orders. Or is it like normal and wait till it ships. Gonna hop on the DBZ blu-ray deal
Someone said that "There's still a pending authorization on my card for the entire order, so I am just assuming they charge right away for preorders since they weren't specifically separated out from the rest of the order."

Off topic,but wanted to know if anyone would be interested in buying my copy of Gundam MS 08th Team before I throw it on ebay. Case is damaged,but the disc's are in great condition.

A shame the Persona 3 bonus content won't be subbed. I'll have to watch it online first when someone subs it in order to justify paying the standard Aniplex price. (I bought all the SOA and Fate/zero re-release Blus, FYI.) I wasn't too impressed with the Persona 4 anime myself despite loving the Persona game series.

The price was already announced with news of it. What I don't get is why they don't even subtitle the extras when they go through the trouble of subtitling the booklet.

The price was already announced with news of it. What I don't get is why they don't even subtitle the extras when they go through the trouble of subtitling the booklet.
Oh, I guess I didn't really read the article, but just assumed it would be another expensive ass set brought to you by Aniplex.

I guess in their mind it's just an import in the end anyways, so the only thing they can actually touch is the booklet? :p

Oh, for the love of--Someone needs to go to Aniplex HQ and slap around the financial staff! I actually wanted the P3 film, but definitely not for $60-$80! :headache: It'd be cheaper to play the game again while muting the TV and adding my own (terrible) Japanese VO!

Seriously, this is so inane. :wall:

I preorder the Persona 3 movie. It will be the first time I buy an expensive set from Aniplex (I hope they don't have the rights to the Ano Hana movie).

Also Funimation announced they have the license for One Piece: Film Z. They expect a release in the Fall

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/04/07/funimation-acquires-home-video-rights-for-one-piece-film-z/?utm_medium=TwitterBlog&utm_campaign=OnePieceFilmZAnnounce&utm_source=OnePieceSOCIALMEDIA&utm_nooverride=1
NISA released the Anohana series, so wouldn't it stand to reason that they'd get the movie?

Thanks for the Film Z announcement--I might pick that up at some point. Does anyone know how it was compared to Strong World?

Aniplex were the ones who gave the Ano Hana movie a theatrical showing in the US, so I don't know who has the rights to it.
Ah, I see; hopefully NISA gets it since they're slightly better than Aniplex when it comes to pricing. I'm still holding out for a relatively cheap price for the series (ha! :lol:).

I'd pay $60 for a blu ray of that.
Well, that's...flattering? :joystick:

I'm waiting on the Persona 3 films. We got the P4 anime released here in English at a reasonable price, so I'll wait for a potential dub and lower price point. I mean, seriously... fuck that price.

Sentai just announced that they are cancelling the release of Chuu 2 in May and now will have a premium release later this year with a English Dub.

I'm waiting on the Persona 3 films. We got the P4 anime released here in English at a reasonable price, so I'll wait for a potential dub and lower price point. I mean, seriously... fuck that price.
This. I rather wait on a potential dub and hope for an actual stateside release than an import.

I love Persona and all, but not enough to justify the price for the 1st Movie of 3.

Sentai just announced that they are cancelling the release of Chuu 2 in May and now will have a premium release later this year with a English Dub.
Official Statement:

North American anime distributor Sentai Filmworksannounced on Monday that it will dub Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!. The previouslyannounced subtitle-only release will still ship in May, but due to popular demand the company will also release a DVD, Blu-ray, and Limited Edition Numbered Premium Box Set with an English language track later this year.

Sentai Filmworks has also licensed the show's second season Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! -Heart Throb-(Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren). Both seasons are available streaming on Crunchyroll.

Their press release was kinda confusing. Basically if you have the sub-only DVD set pre-ordered, you'll still get it.

But if you have BD sub-only set pre-ordered, the site you ordered from should be canceling the pre-order. As now people wanting the BD set will (probably) have to pay more for a dub they might or might not want and wait until Sentai decides to release it.

Sentai hasn't rrleased many sub-only Blu-rays, but I believe they are the same price as the hybrids.

Not sure if this is allowed but had a question on a listing (never buy from ebay much since idk how to tell if things are real other than obvious fakes

Those are legit. Or very, very good fakes, since he even includes the Blu-ray and Aniplex logos.

I am going to assume he meant to put that on auction.

Those are legit. Or very, very good fakes, since he even includes the Blu-ray and Aniplex logos.

I am going to assume he meant to put that on auction.
He has sold a ton of them the passed few weeks tho recently lowered the price from $88. He has an italian madoka BD movie LE that is region free so maybe there is something similar with the series? On the other hand it says Aniplex on the cover and dual audio lol.

I haven;t been in the anime game for too long so was wondering if anyone knew offhand if good fakes is something to be worried about.

This person bought from the seller and did a unboxing of the sets. Anyone who owns them, can you confirm the disc art and if any inserts were missing? Edit: They lack the Proof of Purchase Card from AoA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrD01FibhDc

Talked to the guy for a few and he said he is waiting for the set to arrive from California lol Perhaps they are legit~ Either way I bit on the set as they look pretty good. 

This person bought from the seller and did a unboxing of the sets. Anyone who owns them, can you confirm the disc art and if any inserts were missing? Edit: They lack the Proof of Purchase Card from AoA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrD01FibhDc
Those are fake. There are already vendors down here in LA selling them. Sucks that counterfeiters are upping their quality.

I already bought a few Aniplex sets and missed out on the LE Madoka. 

On another note, has anyone else noticed newer Aniplex titles having clear cases instead of blue ones? I received my Bakemonogatari set From Rightstuf that has been on backorder and it has clear cases instead of blue ones like my Nise. I have seen some sets online with clear cases for Madoka Standard also and wonder if its a new thing. 

I already bought a few Aniplex sets and missed out on the LE Madoka. As much as I would hate to own a bootleg copy if it works/looks one or two won't be too bad for my collection lol.

On another note, has anyone else noticed newer Aniplex titles having clear cases instead of blue ones? I received my Bakemonogatari set From Rightstuf that has been on backorder and it has clear cases instead of blue ones like my Nise. I have seen some sets online with clear cases for Madoka Standard also and wonder if its a new thing.
Oh man, I hope they didn't suddenly switch over to clear cases going forward. I have Nekomonogatari Black preordered and the thought of the cases being different is bringing out my OCD.

On the topic of bootlegs, I actually wouldn't mind those Madoka Blu-ray's being bootleg so long as the video quality is untouched. But that's just a pipe dream, considering they probably compress them to use smaller capacity Blu-rays discs.

--

Deals-wise, occasionally Fry's clearances out anime stuff and I lucked out with availability at my local store and finally got some Blu-ray's I've been meaning to pick up. Seems like the prices are good online and in-store.

K-On! Season 2 Collection 1 ($17.99)

http://www.frys.com/product/7050751

K-On! Season 2 Collection 2 ($17.99)

http://www.frys.com/product/7144722

Heaven's Memo Pad Complete Collection ($18.99)

http://www.frys.com/product/7292523

Tears to Tiara Complete Collection ($25.99)

http://www.frys.com/product/6398831

Penguindrum Collection 1 ($14.99)

http://www.frys.com/product/7401095

I'm late to the K-On! train, I know. Still bummed those Season 1 Blu-ray's are OOP. Oh well. Also, I realize I'm like one of only 3 people who actually likes Tears to Tiara, but I figured I would post it anyway. :p

So I realize you guys all sorted out the bootleg issue with those Madoka sets already, but I wanted to add my thoughts anyway.  I would be cautious of anyone selling "Region Free" blu ray discs.  I realize that they do exist (Zulu and Never Say Never Again from the UK are two off the top of my head) but it's still uncommon enough to give me pause. 

If we're talking about anime blu rays, then I would almost guarantee that any region-free disc is going to be a bootleg.  If Japanese companies are terrified of reverse importation from a country that shares the same region as them, imagine their reaction to a country producing retail copies that work in every region.  I think the initial releases of Cowboy Bebop set 1 in the UK forgot to add the region coding, and they quickly scrambled to correct that.

bread's done
Back