Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey quick question to anyone here. How is ah my goddess season 1? Does season 1 have an ending or do i have to watch season 2 to get the full ending? Ive always meant to see it but never got around to it. Thinking about getting it now and $60 seems to be a good deal from my quick search. Thanks to anyone who can help

Is Cardcaptor Sakura worthwhile even if I'm not a huge magical-girl fan? I have...memories (not fond, not unpleasant, I just can't remember specifics) of watching the dubbed version on WB Kids! eons ago.
The show was moe before moe was a bad thing. Most of the episodes actually have little magic use until the end. It's less of a magical girl show and more of a slice-of-life show with magic in it.

And Sakura is freaking adorable.

Hey quick question to anyone here. How is ah my goddess season 1? Does season 1 have an ending or do i have to watch season 2 to get the full ending? Ive always meant to see it but never got around to it. Thinking about getting it now and $60 seems to be a good deal from my quick search. Thanks to anyone who can help
There is no true ending. Both seasons have an overarching plot, but it's still slice-of-life at the end.

That's what happens when you make an anime based of a manga that runs for almost 30 years.

I assume NISA's release of Cardcaptor Sakura won't include the movie? Is that necessary to watch?
The first one isn't, but the second wraps up the romantic subplot from Season 3.

It's not Blu-ray, but the DVD of movie 2 (with an excellent LA dub) is still relatively easy to get.

full ending.. ha ha that's a good one. Both seasons are fine, but you shouldn't expect any big story, in general both series are 1-3 episode arcs of nearly nothing happening to progress the plot aside from the last few episodes of each season (and I suppose more characters showing up, but they don't really progress the story as much as are just there)... which then they forget the progression and pretend like it never happened in season 2 so it's not really real progression.

spoiler for people who have seen the show in case they want to know what my last statement was about

The two kiss at the end of season 1, and then there is a whole damn arc in the second season about him going after his first kiss with her -_-

I enjoyed the series, but don't remotely go in expecting a good story, it's far more a flavor of the week type of show.

RightStuf has a new sale up, with 90% off Bargain Bin items. A lot of Sentai's half-sets are included on that, though they are all DVD.

Their Blind Box items are also 10% Off.

Clannad was like $25 clearance at Target for the Bluray set of the first season. Is the series any good? Is that a good price for it?
It's my top anime series of all time (though I consider Clannad + After Story a single series), and yes, that's a good--even great--price for it.

full ending.. ha ha that's a good one. Both seasons are fine, but you shouldn't expect any big story, in general both series are 1-3 episode arcs of nearly nothing happening to progress the plot aside from the last few episodes of each season (and I suppose more characters showing up, but they don't really progress the story as much as are just there)... which then they forget the progression and pretend like it never happened in season 2 so it's not really real progression.

spoiler for people who have seen the show in case they want to know what my last statement was about

The two kiss at the end of season 1, and then there is a whole damn arc in the second season about him going after his first kiss with her -_-

I enjoyed the series, but don't remotely go in expecting a good story, it's far more a flavor of the week type of show.
At least the manga is close to ending.

Spent about $475 over the course of the last 3 weeks on eBay >.>

Got: 

Gundam 00 Complete 1st & 2nd Season - New

Gundam Wing Complete Collection 1 & 2 - Very Good

Gundam Seed Complete 10 Volumes + Box - Good

Gundam Seed Destiny Complete 12 Volumes + Final Plus + Limited Edition Box - Good

Gundam Zeta Movie Collection - New

Gundam Zeta Complete Series - Very Good

Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket Volume 1 & 2 - Very Good

Gundam Original Movie Trilogy - New

G Gundam Complete Collection 1 & 2 - New

and randomly Rurouni Kenshin Complete Set - New

All are the actual US releases. A Lot of money I know but it feels good having most of the US-released Gundam series' now. (And I am a HUGE Gundam fan, but all I owned before was Endless Waltz). 

Spent about $475 over the course of the last 3 weeks on eBay >.>

Got:

Gundam 00 Complete 1st & 2nd Season - New

Gundam Wing Complete Collection 1 & 2 - Very Good

Gundam Seed Complete 10 Volumes + Box - Good

Gundam Seed Destiny Complete 12 Volumes + Final Plus + Limited Edition Box - Good

Gundam Zeta Movie Collection - New

Gundam Zeta Complete Series - Very Good

Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket Volume 1 & 2 - Very Good

Gundam Original Movie Trilogy - New

G Gundam Complete Collection 1 & 2 - New

and randomly Rurouni Kenshin Complete Set - New

All are the actual US releases. A Lot of money I know but it feels good having most of the US-released Gundam series' now. (And I am a HUGE Gundam fan, but all I owned before was Endless Waltz).
That's a lot of Gundam :p Never been much of a fan myself though I never really got into mecha until after Gurren Lagann. Picked up Anohana Premium Edition and Paniponi Dash original box set from ebay myself this passed week. Still hunting down a set of Madoka LE.

*bonk* Really? Did neither of you check the anime section?  I have both Gundam wing, and Pani Poni Dash for sale.

*bonk* Really? Did neither of you check the anime section? I have both Gundam wing, and Pani Poni Dash for sale.
But I don't want to pay $100 for Gundam Wing though. :lol: I love Gundam, but I'm still cheap.

Persona 4 Golden Animation announced. Saw it on the Atlus Stream. I think it's slated for July. And Marie is now totally canon. 

Eh, I would've liked to have seen a Persona 4 Arena anime because the story for that game (for all characters) is insanely long. But Golden? What are they going to do in that anime? Retell P4 with Marie and all of the small add ons that Golden had? I already know that P4 has become the sellout game for Atlus, and it is a great game, but damn. I just don't see the point for this. 

Eh, I would've liked to have seen a Persona 4 Arena anime because the story for that game (for all characters) is insanely long. But Golden? What are they going to do in that anime? Retell P4 with Marie and all of the small add ons that Golden had? I already know that P4 has become the sellout game for Atlus, and it is a great game, but damn. I just don't see the point for this.
Pretty much feel the same. Yeap. Pretty much tell Persona 4 again with Marie included. Hopefully, there is a better budget for it. Still going to watch it though. >.> lol.

How is Sengoku Basara? I see it is at its cheapest point for the S1+S2 collection on amazon for $34 but never seen the series personally.
I've only seen the first 2-3 episodes, but I very much enjoyed what I saw. That price is mighty tempting, but I think I can hold out for $25-$30 or a truly complete collection including The Last Party for $35-$40.

How is Sengoku Basara? I see it is at its cheapest point for the S1+S2 collection on amazon for $34 but never seen the series personally.
It is a pure hot blooded heavy action series. And the main rival character wields 6 six swords at once (suck it, Zoro!) and rides a motorcycle horse.

EDIT: Zavvi now has a Ghost in the Shell (first movie) Steelbook up on their site. Includes a 22 page booklet. No idea if it's region free but probably not.

fun09550alt

Chrome Shelled Regios DVD Part 1 (Hyb) (*)

$6.29

fun09551

Chrome Shelled Regios DVD Part 2 (Hyb) (*)

$6.29

av26287

Dan Doh!! The Super Shot DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends) (*)

$13.49

fun09862

Dragonaut: The Resonance DVD Complete Series (Hyb) (*)

$15.29

av20801

Eureka Seven DVD 2 (Hyb) (*)

$3.60

fun09984

Nabari no Ou DVD Complete Series (Hyb) (*)

$13.49

fun07763

Negima!? (Season 2) DVD Complete Series (Hyb) (*)

$16.19

fun08590

Oh! Edo Rocket Season 1 DVD Part 1 (Hyb) (*)

$6.29

fun08591

Oh! Edo Rocket Season 1 DVD Part 2 (Hyb) (*)

$6.29

fun01211

Sands of Destruction DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - Viridian Collection (*)

Under $100 shipped ;)

fun09550alt Chrome Shelled Regios DVD Part 1 (Hyb) (*) 1 $6.29 fun09551 Chrome Shelled Regios DVD Part 2 (Hyb) (*) 1 $6.29 av26287 Dan Doh!! The Super Shot DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends) (*) 1 $13.49 fun09862 Dragonaut: The Resonance DVD Complete Series (Hyb) (*) 1 $15.29 av20801 Eureka Seven DVD 2 (Hyb) (*) 1 $3.60 fun09984 Nabari no Ou DVD Complete Series (Hyb) (*) 1 $13.49 fun07763 Negima!? (Season 2) DVD Complete Series (Hyb) (*) 1 $16.19 fun08590 Oh! Edo Rocket Season 1 DVD Part 1 (Hyb) (*) 1 $6.29 fun08591 Oh! Edo Rocket Season 1 DVD Part 2 (Hyb) (*) 1 $6.29 fun01211 Sands of Destruction DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - Viridian Collection (*)

Under $100 shipped ;)
I can't even tell what you got for under $100 shipped. XD

Just got my order from Amazon today.  Got the Shangri-La S.A.V.E. set and Kampfer OVA.   Kinda surprised at the Shangri-La set, it really is just Part 1's Collector's Edition w/ art box and Part 2 with a S.A.V.E. insert stuck on the side of the box.  Guess that Funimation had a ton of these sitting in their warehouse unsold or/and returned, so they just repacked them into the S.A.V.E. edition until they clear them out.

There is 2 clear stickers holding the S.A.V.E. insert onto the box.   So there's probably a risk that it might damage the box when trying to pull them off.  But for $15, couldn't resist getting it for that cheap.

I tried out the first season of Sengoku Basara and I don't know, It Just didn't click with me (I never finished it). Part of me liked on how over the top it is but at the same time when it tried to get "serious", I just couldn't enjoy it. I wasn't marathoning it like I usually do with animes like this so I may just rewatch it again to give it a final verdict.

Just got my order from Amazon today. Got the Shangri-La S.A.V.E. set and Kampfer OVA. Kinda surprised at the Shangri-La set, it really is just Part 1's Collector's Edition w/ art box and Part 2 with a S.A.V.E. insert stuck on the side of the box. Guess that Funimation had a ton of these sitting in their warehouse unsold or/and returned, so they just repacked them into the S.A.V.E. edition until they clear them out.

There is 2 clear stickers holding the S.A.V.E. insert onto the box. So there's probably a risk that it might damage the box when trying to pull them off. But for $15, couldn't resist getting it for that cheap.
If you have no interest in keeping the SAVE paper, the easiest way to remove it is to lift that sheet up in the center and cut it in half. Then you can slowly lift each of the stickers off by pulling the paper.

I have Sengoku Basara Season 1 + 2 with Artbox. I watched it once and it's in great condition. I don't think I"m going to watch it 2nd time so I'll be glad to sell my copy for $30 shipped. PM me if anyone is interest.

Edit: It's gone.

bread's done
Back