Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
The news that Hellsing fans have been waiting for is finally here! Just announced at Anime Central, FUNimation has acquired the home video and digital rights to Hellsing Ultimate Volumes IX & X! The volumes are set to release in Fall 2014. Stay tuned for more exciting information!

HECK YEAH!

The news that Hellsing fans have been waiting for is finally here! Just announced at Anime Central, FUNimation has acquired the home video and digital rights to Hellsing Ultimate Volumes IX & X! The volumes are set to release in Fall 2014. Stay tuned for more exciting information!

HECK YEAH!
That is great news! Now I can finally buy the other ones haha.

Senran Kagura BD/DVD announced for July 29th.

3dmock_notapproved-245x300.png

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr4rFACtTpw[/media]

Asuka Felecia Angelle

Katsuragi Brittney Karbowski

Ikaruga Alexis Tipton

Hibari Megan Shipman

Yagyu Bryn Apprill

Homura Monica Rial

Haruka Teri Rogers

Mirai Lara Woodhull

Hikage Kara Edwards

Yomi Trina Nishimura

Senran Kagura BD/DVD announced for July 29th.

3dmock_notapproved-245x300.png

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr4rFACtTpw[/media]

Asuka Felecia Angelle

Katsuragi Brittney Karbowski

Ikaruga Alexis Tipton

Hibari Megan Shipman

Yagyu Bryn Apprill

Homura Monica Rial

Haruka Teri Rogers

Mirai Lara Woodhull

Hikage Kara Edwards

Yomi Trina Nishimura
Haruka Shitow / Stocking / Nyamo

Mikasa Ackerman / Kurisu Makise / Akira Takano

Mikoto Misaka / Wendy / Yuri Nakamura

Saya Kisaragi / Rika Shiguma / Mizuki Hemeji

Krista Lenz

Goten

Maika Tsuchimikado

But ssssssstttt .... man ... I dunno.

Anyone have some opinions on Haganai: I don't Have Many Friends?

Looking to maybe pick up both seasons but need opinions first.
I watched a few episodes of the first season randomly and wasn't impressed. The plot goes nowhere most of the time and it's blatant fanservice with some occasional humor. Harems aren't my thing but some guys here seem to really dig the series.

Seems like another of those light novel shows that was much darker originally but they decided to go away with that and they had to throw in a bunch of fanservice to sell the show.

I have a weird sense of humor, so I might not be the best judge, but I found Haganai to be extremely funny.  It's one of those shows you will get the gist of with one or two episodes, so watch a couple episodes before you buy. 

The first season was ok and funny at party's, but the second season is 10x better and extremely funny. I highly recommend the series

After a long break of not watching any anime;I've decided to finally attack the backlog. Watched the first 4 episodes of Katanagatari which really killed you with those first two heavy exposition episodes,but after that it gets really good;especially that 4th episode :shock:.

Nice. I'm not entirely convinced on the AoT CE yet but it sure is tempting. I'll check it out in a bit. And yeah, I never use Robert's Anime Corner except for the one time to pre-order Toradora on Blu for that exact reason. I think someone said there was a way around it but I forgot.

Oh, and welcome to CAG and thanks for checking out the thread!
Well, the only reason why I'm buying the Collectors edition is because I've been buying all of the "premium releases" Funi has been pulling out. So with the AOT CE, I said why break the streak and ordered it. :p The Collectors Edition has been at a stead price of $97, so I might as well get $10 off and get a free movie.
Also thanks for welcoming me. I typically look at this once or twice a week ever since page 40, but I never posted once... But I guess since nobody posted the Funi deal yet, I said why not do it myself. :)

I really liked it. I'm not a fan of harems either, but the comedy makes up for it. First season is decent, since most of them are just character introductions. Second season is much better. If you don't like it by the end of the second episode, you probably won't like it though.

I got one more question - sorry to be a pain in the butt.

When is the June RightStuf sale usually start?  I'm thinking about getting the basic Skylanders Wii U, but if I would miss out on the sale because in the beginning of the month (and it's a good sale too), then I will certainly pass.  It's not like the Wii U's won't be around.

Are you talking about RS's summer sale?  I thought that was generally just a coupon code for an extra 10% off.  I think you'd be better suited waiting for Studio Sales, which reminds me.

>>>> Today's another crossover studio sale day for Right Stuf:

Get your Seven Seas manga to read while you wait for your Funimation anime to load.

Do any of you know if there will be more copies of the Haganai Next LE going to retailers? Just want to know if I should wait for Right Stuf to get some more in or if I should bite the bullet and get it from Amazon. Thanks.

As soon as I read your comment I placed an order for season 4 for $9.99 thx for posting :)
You're welcome! It totally caught me by surprise! It is a price error because it says that the regular price is $24.99 when that should be the sale price lol. Now if only I could get Season 3 for $25 or lower, I'll have the whole set! :)

What is the consensus on the streaming subscription? I don't watch sub titled anime and I don't buy much if any physical anime (I don't want to store the disks and boxes). I'm thinking that 6 months for $20 is a snazzy deal for me.

I watched through all of it when it used to come on TV. Ever since reading the manga, though, there was just no going back. I can't speak for the original Japanese version. But the localization turned into a complete kids show, and I just can't enjoy those anymore. 

I watched through all of it when it used to come on TV. Ever since reading the manga, though, there was just no going back. I can't speak for the original Japanese version. But the localization turned into a complete kids show, and I just can't enjoy those anymore.
So much this.

I only keep the manga content. Luckily, these DVDs make it very easy to skip the Noa, Doma, and KC Grand Prix arcs (and Capsule Monsters, which is included in the Season 5 set for some reason). I find the rest of the show to be enjoyable enough. Then again, I am still a kid at heart.

Are you talking about RS's summer sale? I thought that was generally just a coupon code for an extra 10% off. I think you'd be better suited waiting for Studio Sales, which reminds me.
The only big sales RS ever has that I know of is around Black Friday and December (I believe). The 10% coupons are useless unless you're stacking them with a RS membership which is useless for most people (unless all you buy with each paycheck is anime).

In other news, I just got this in the mail.

grUf2Lv.jpg
(In spoiler tags due to the size)

It feels good to have my limbs on my body after buying this. It was only $30ish and it even came with an artbox. The second set for some odd reason hits next week so I'll put that in my box when it arrives. :D

What is the consensus on the streaming subscription? I don't watch sub titled anime and I don't buy much if any physical anime (I don't want to store the disks and boxes). I'm thinking that 6 months for $20 is a snazzy deal for me.
I got it on sale from cyber monday last year and it's not terrible, but not great either. Site is a bit of a pain to navigate, and it doesn't keep track of your videos you have watched, but the actual quality of the video is fine plus a lot of the shows get released on the streaming service before they even hit dvd for people to watch dubbed. For $20 it's likely worth you giving it a shot if you want to watched some dubbed anime and support the anime industry though.

I enjoyed it back then it too,but it just so hilariously bad how 4kids edited it to be kid friendly. Never watched the Japanese version,but am pretty it's just as ridiculously bad with people trying to take over the world with a card game just with more violence.

It feels good to have my limbs on my body after buying this. It was only $30ish and it even came with an artbox. The second set for some odd reason hits next week so I'll put that in my box when it arrives. :D
Are you sure about that release date? Amazon UK has it listed as 06/16.

They shipped out my copy too, but it hasn't arrived yet. I really don't understand how Amazon UK decides when to ship out their orders to the US. They held my copy of Hyperdrive for 3 months because I placed the order with Gurren Lagann, Then a couple weeks later they shipped my copy of Fate vol 1 that was placed with two other items that will all be out less than a month after that release.

@roger watersmelon and @ssjChris - Yes, that is what I meant.  I didn't remember at all, couldn't find anything on it easily, and had gotten some hold on what anime I wanted to buy (blind or not).  Thank you both!  I will wait for the deals then.

I just haven't felt well - that's why I didn't reply back so fast.

I enjoyed it back then it too,but it just so hilariously bad how 4kids edited it to be kid friendly. Never watched the Japanese version,but am pretty it's just as ridiculously bad with people trying to take over the world with a card game just with more violence.
Yu-Gi-Oh got popular because it's so cheesy and over-the-top, which is retained in the 4Kids version.

Oh, and Yami Marik is just as insane and evil in the dub. Not quite Abridged level, but still insane.

IMO, the biggest problem with the dub is how everybody got louder and louder as the show went on, Yami's voice got deeper as the show progressed, and they never stopped talking (which was a problem with most children's anime dubs).

Sentai releases for September

FATE/KALEID LINER PRISMA ILLYA DVD/Bluray (Dub)
STELLA WOMEN'S ACADEMY DVD
LISTEN TO ME, GIRLS. I AM YOUR FATHER! Bluray
TAMAKO MARKET DVD (Dub)
MAJESTIC PRINCE COLLECTION 2 DVD/Bluray (Dub)
K-ON! SEASON 1 DVD (Dub)
KAMPFER Bluray
GOLDEN TIME COLLECTION 1 DVD/Bluray
PSYCHIC DETECTIVE YAKUMO Bluray

Seems like K-ON! S1 is finally with Sentai. Would've waited for the blu version (when one hits) if I didn't already buy the individual ones released by Bandai.

Not sure if this was known or not, but I learned yesterday you can use Amazon coins to purchase manga and a subscription to Shonen Jump through the Viz Media app (works on Android and Kindle devices).

There's an ongoing offer where if you buy GTA San Andreas for $6.99 ( or 699 coins), you'll get $20 in coins free. There was also another deal for instant free coins when you "purchased" nine camera apps, but it's not available anymore. 

Took advantage of this and bought the latest issue of Weekly Shonen Jump (originally 99 cents) for free. I'm 150 coins short of getting a one year subscription.

Sentai releases for September

FATE/KALEID LINER PRISMA ILLYA DVD/Bluray (Dub)
STELLA WOMEN'S ACADEMY DVD
LISTEN TO ME, GIRLS. I AM YOUR FATHER! Bluray
TAMAKO MARKET DVD (Dub)
MAJESTIC PRINCE COLLECTION 2 DVD/Bluray (Dub)
K-ON! SEASON 1 DVD (Dub)
KAMPFER Bluray
GOLDEN TIME COLLECTION 1 DVD/Bluray
PSYCHIC DETECTIVE YAKUMO Bluray
Dammit. Now I have to sell my Listen to Me Girls, and Kampfer DVDs.

Do any of you know if there will be more copies of the Haganai Next LE going to retailers? Just want to know if I should wait for Right Stuf to get some more in or if I should bite the bullet and get it from Amazon. Thanks.
Funimation is supposed to be printing more now and RACS, who is also out of them right now, said that early June is the expected time frame for the next batch to come in.

Yea, I think I'll keep my Bandai K-On Blus.

I assume the Fate release is part of the Fate/Stay Night franchise?
Fate/Kaleid is to Fate/Stay Night as Tenchi Muyo is to Pretty Sammy. It's basically doing the magical girl spin on the Fate/Stay Night franchise. It's got some of the same characters(Saber, Shiro & Rin), but are different(Shiro is basically irrelevant in show). It also involves them collecting cards of the characters like Saber & Archer.

bread's done
Back