Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Funimation is supposed to be printing more now and RACS, who is also out of them right now, said that early June is the expected time frame for the next batch to come in.
Thanks for the information!

Sentai releases for September

FATE/KALEID LINER PRISMA ILLYA DVD/Bluray (Dub)
STELLA WOMEN'S ACADEMY DVD
LISTEN TO ME, GIRLS. I AM YOUR FATHER! Bluray
TAMAKO MARKET DVD (Dub)
MAJESTIC PRINCE COLLECTION 2 DVD/Bluray (Dub)
K-ON! SEASON 1 DVD (Dub)
KAMPFER Bluray
GOLDEN TIME COLLECTION 1 DVD/Bluray
PSYCHIC DETECTIVE YAKUMO Bluray
i've seriously lost faith in Sentai because of all of the screw ups they've had with their past releases. I WANT to support them by buying their stuff because they have a lot of good shows, but can't justify spending the cash when they don't put 100% towards their releases...

Not sure if this was known or not, but I learned yesterday you can use Amazon coins to purchase manga and a subscription to Shonen Jump through the Viz Media app (works on Android and Kindle devices).

There's an ongoing offer where if you buy GTA San Andreas for $6.99 ( or 699 coins), you'll get $20 in coins free. There was also another deal for instant free coins when you "purchased" nine camera apps, but it's not available anymore.

Took advantage of this and bought the latest issue of Weekly Shonen Jump (originally 99 cents) for free. I'm 150 coins short of getting a one year subscription.
I just tried this but it ended up charging my card instead of using the coins. Went through Amazon chat and they issued a refund. I wonder if you need to use it on a kindle. I downloaded the Viz Manga app through Amazon to my LG tablet and signed into my Viz account. When you were purchasing the manga did you see the option to pay with coins because I did not see that option?

I just tried this but it ended up charging my card instead of using the coins. Went through Amazon chat and they issued a refund. I wonder if you need to use it on a kindle. I downloaded the Viz Manga app through Amazon to my LG tablet and signed into my Viz account. When you were purchasing the manga did you see the option to pay with coins because I did not see that option?
That's weird. I have an Asus Memopad Smart 10 which runs on Android. The prompt I received gave me the option to pay with my Amazon coins or to use my Amazon gift card balance If I didn't have an Amazon balance, that would be replaced by a credit card prompt.

Here's the link for San Andreas which shows the 2,000 coins offer: http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Andreas-Kindle/dp/B00HCU7OCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400643251&sr=8-1&

The game won't run on my tablet, but you will still get coins when you place an order.

So in essence, you're paying $7 (or 700 coins if you have the coins to afford it) to get 2,000 coins. This results in a $13.00 profit or 1,300 coins.

Well, I had planned to see Kill La Kill when it came to America, but Aniplex kills that plan, unless they've gotten smarter about their pricing.  Well, they could always put it on CN.

That's weird. I have an Asus Memopad Smart 10 which runs on Android. The prompt I received gave me the option to pay with my Amazon coins or to use my Amazon gift card balance If I didn't have an Amazon balance, that would be replaced by a credit card prompt.

Here's the link for San Andreas which shows the 2,000 coins offer: http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Andreas-Kindle/dp/B00HCU7OCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400643251&sr=8-1&

The game won't run on my tablet, but you will still get coins when you place an order.

So in essence, you're paying $7 (or 700 coins if you have the coins to afford it) to get 2,000 coins. This results in a $13.00 profit or 1,300 coins.
Yeah I took advantage of the 900 free coins and bought San Andreas for the additional free coins. It was a pretty good deal. Anyway I figured out the issue and it had to do with my Amazon Appstore, I ran the update and redownloaded the viz app and was given the option to use coins to pay for my manga. Gotta keep an eye out for free coins because the manga is priced higher in the app than in the kindle store. Thanks for the tip, now I know where to spend my coins.

Semi-serious prediction: "Get the entire Kill La Kill collection on Blu-ray for only $149.99 MSRP, or on DVD for only $99.99 MSRP!"

:wall:
You forget this is aniplex, it'll be about $300 for the complete series on dvd, and $400 on blu-ray, and $700 for collector's edition.

So, include Archer and it's a reflection of the fanbase.
Archer's in it although
it's card form. There is no real character that appears for the card. Illya uses the card and assumes the role of Archer(again with dual swords). Although if you want to see the animated form of Saber Alter, this is the only show so far that she shows up in.

Kinda weird that around the time that the 2nd season is finishing up, Sentai will be releasing the 1st season here.

I think according to Anime Limited, Kill la Kill will be split unto three parts for the UK release. I'm not sure when that's hitting though. We all know that the Aniplex USA price will be ridiculous no matter what so prepare yourself.

You forget this is aniplex, it'll be about $300 for the complete series on dvd, and $400 on blu-ray, and $700 for collector's edition.
Whoops, I guess I had my Aniplex pricing prediction set to "Somewhat Unreasonably Expensive", not "The Usual Insanely Expensive".

I think according to Anime Limited, Kill la Kill will be split unto three parts for the UK release. I'm not sure when that's hitting though. We all know that the Aniplex USA price will be ridiculous no matter what so prepare yourself.
...I should probably start looking for a region-free Blu-ray player now. :-({|=

I learned today that Fate/Bunch of Words is a thing that exists. 

As for Kill la Kill, sadly my first thought whenever I see the name Aniplex anymore is "When is this going to be released in the UK?"  Now that I've owned a region-free player, I can't imagine ever going back to not owning one.  I just wish I had made this decision sooner so I could have ordered Season 2 of Dexter's Laboratory from Australia before it went out of print.  

I got lucky with my region free player due to Seiki's screw up of accidentally unlocking the regions. Looking now those players are almost gone from the web. You may just want to import a region 2 player if you want a lot of region locked UK anime/movies. I've read too many reviews of American region free players having issues so just make sure to read the reviews before buying one.

Are you sure about that release date? Amazon UK has it listed as 06/16.
Yeah, I saw that. They just delayed that to June 26th today. =S

My P3 Movie came in today

478fvav.jpg

That Persona 3 sure is sexy. Trying hard to wait for a localization due to the popularity of the Persona series. On another note, does anyone know if they fixed the brightness issues in the new Lain set like they did with Samurai Champloo?

I'm looking really forward to those Persona movies. Like with the new Ghost in the Shell OVAs, though, they will definitely be localized, so wait I shall.

That Persona 3 sure is sexy. Trying hard to wait for a localization due to the popularity of the Persona series. On another note, does anyone know if they fixed the brightness issues in the new Lain set like they did with Samurai Champloo?
I watched it some time ago and I didn't notice any issues.

As for Persona 3, yeeeeeah. That will get dubbed without a doubt, and if it doesn't... welp, UK. :rofl:

FUNIMATION 20 Anniversery sale! On their website. Can't post links until I post 3 posts... :(

6 months Streaming Anime for $20 • Take $20 off any order over $100, use promocode FUN20

Code: FUN20
Can anyone comment on the Funimation streaming service? I'm slightly disappointed in the Netflix selection and $20 for 6 months seems like a great deal considering there's quite a bit I'm interesting in watching.

Can anyone comment on the Funimation streaming service? I'm slightly disappointed in the Netflix selection and $20 for 6 months seems like a great deal considering there's quite a bit I'm interesting in watching.
That price is worth trying to see if you like it imo. Funi's streaming is nice for their newer dubs and exclusives if you want to go the legal route. If you stream on consoles though Hulu+ sadly has the best anime selection outside of CR since they acquired all of the Neon Alley stuff.

That price is worth trying to see if you like it imo. Funi's streaming is nice for their newer dubs and exclusives if you want to go the legal route. If you stream on consoles though Hulu+ sadly has the best anime selection outside of CR since they acquired all of the Neon Alley stuff.
Ugh, Hulu+'s video quality is so crap though. I just signed up for a free trial to watch some Sailor Moon, and not only was the quality on other HD titles that are also on other services very off-putting, but there's too many damn ads for a paid service. (free trial or not)

Thank goodness Netflix has the first 48 of Fairy Tail then I can go to Crunchyroll and watch the rest on there.

So I deleted my rant about it, but I really don't understand why the UK gets to have a separate softcover book in their version of Attack on Titan, but the US has to get it in digipak format.  I also don't understand why they get 3 blu ray discs instead of just 2, unless of course they used 3 BD25s instead of their usual BD50/25 combo.

Ugh, Hulu+'s video quality is so crap though. I just signed up for a free trial to watch some Sailor Moon, and not only was the quality on other HD titles that are also on other services very off-putting, but there's too many damn ads for a paid service. (free trial or not)

Thank goodness Netflix has the first 48 of Fairy Tail then I can go to Crunchyroll and watch the rest on there.
I've never had a problem with Hulu's video quality. The ads when I pay to be a plus member though ticks me off a lot.

The selection is great but if browsing the catalog is just using their website then it wouldn't be as user friendly as Netflix. Quality of the stream is also a concern. I'm trying to find out the last day for this offer but couldn't find anything other than someone asking on their forum.

What do u guys think is a good price for a used limited edition Puella Magi Madoka Magika Movie Part 1/2? I know theres bootlegs of the standard edition, but should i watch out for bootlegs for the Limited edition?

Do you watch dubs? I'm only interested in dubs. Wondering about the quantity of dubs available.

If it was dubbed, and is on the site, it should be available dubbed on there. (I think that made sense) With a few exceptions, of course, like digimon which is sub-only on there.  So, I looked through it, and I'd probably say at least 80% of the stuff they have on there is dubbed (probably more like 90%), and there are probably about 400 or so shows/products on there (25 per page and 16 complete pages), so I wouldn't be surprised if there are at least 320 dubs on there.  (obviously, I don't know this, I'm just using logic, and making it up as I go along at the same time)

Do you watch dubs? I'm only interested in dubs. Wondering about the quantity of dubs available.
Hulu+ has the largest selection of dubbed anime I believe (500+). From what I have seen, if the anime dub is released on DVD/BD its dub is available. I watch a lot of both myself. I usually find myself watching dubs with friends who do not like subtitles.

I prefer to watch dubs, but if the dub is bad (like love hina) I prefer to watch in Japanese.  But, my wife won't watch anime in japanese (aside from Card captor sakura, which has a special place in both our hearts), so when we watch together it's in english, instead.  I'm hoping the CCS dub that NIS is using is at least decent.  If it is, I might replace my dvds with their sets.

Funimation's streaming service isn't worth it unless you:

a. Own a Roku device

b. A Major English Dub Fan who will only watch anime in English Dub, who knows what has been dubbed by Funimation

c. Prefer to watch simulcasts on the day it is released by Funi, who can't wait a week for it to be on Hulu

If you don't have either of that, then I wouldn't really suggest a Funimation account. If you do have a Roku, I would recommend it because it is the best way to watch Funimation in my opinion, and I believe other people on Crunchyroll agree with that fact (I remember because I participated in a discussion about the Funimation's Roku app). The app may not be perfect, but it does get the job done and you can watch HD in a solid way (especially on a tv). The online web app may be slow or may have problems, so use the free trial to see if your computer is capable of using a Funimation elite account.

Thanks. Does anyone see any good deals? I'm not seeing much...
I never picked up those two K-On Blu-rays that went on clearance, so I was looking to get them for under $30. The other things, such as Penguindrum Part 1 and Heavens Memo Pad are still on sale as well.

I'll repost my list from a month ago, as many of these titles are Section23/Sentai and should qualify.

Blu-ray's

Broken Blade: The Complete Series ($29.99)

Canaan: Complete Collection ($14.99)

Cuticle Detective Inaba Complete Collection ($17.99)

Fate/stay Night Unlimited Blade Works ($11.99)

Godzilla vs Hedorah ($9.99)

Godzilla vs Gigan ($9.99)

Godzilla vs the Sea Monster ($10.99)

Grave of the Fireflies ($12.99)

Hakuoki Season 3 ($28.99)

Heaven's Memo Pad ($18.99)

Hiiro no Kakera Season 2 ($20.99)

Intrigue in the Bakumatsu: Collection 1 ($17.99)

K-On! Season 2 Collection 1 ($17.99)

K-On! Season 2 Collection 2 ($17.99)

Lady Death ($8.99)

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Complete Collection ($17.99)

Patlabor The Mobile Police TV Series Collection 3 ($28.99)

Penguindrum Collection 1 ($14.99)

Persona 4: The Animation Collection 1 ($29.99)

Time Bokan Revival ($8.99)

Tears to Tiara Complete Collection ($25.99)

Un-Go Complete Collection ($20.99)

Xam'd Lost Memories Complete Collection ($21.99)

DVD's

Akikan Complete Collection ($12.99)

Book of Bantorra: Collection 2 ($17.99)

Blue Drop Complete Collection ($12.99) This is the re-release with the dub

Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth Complete Collection ($21.99)

Gintama: Collection 1 ($14.99) (in store only)

Gintama: Collection 3 ($7.99)

Gintama: Collection 4 ($5.99)

Glass Maiden Complete Collection ($8.99)

Hell Girl: Two Mirrors Complete Collection ($19.99)

Hell Girl: Three Vessels Complete Collection ($11.99)

Idolm@ster Xenoglossia Collection 1 ($11.99)

Idolm@ster Xenoglossia Collection 2 ($12.99)

La Corda D'Oro Primo Passo Complete Collection ($20.99)

Le Portrait de Petite Cossette: Complete Collection ($7.99)

Letter Bee Collection 1 ($12.99)

Living for the Day After Tomorrow: Complete Collection ($11.99)

Kino's Journey ($16.99)

Kobato Complete Collection ($29.99)

Kurenai Complete Collection ($12.99)

Mahoromatic: Collection 1 ($6.99)

Mahoromatic: Collection 2 ($6.99)

Mahoromatic: OVA ($5.99)

Modern Magic Made Simple Complete Collection ($21.99)

Neo Angelique Abyss: Season 1 ($6.99)

Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat: Complete Collection ($9.99)

Parasite Dolls ($5.99)

Petite Princess Yucie: Complete Collection ($20.59)

Polyphonica: Complete Collection ($11.99)

Polyphonica: Crimson S Complete Collection ($14.99) 

Popotan: Complete Collection ($11.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 1 ($14.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 2 ($14.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 3 ($14.99)

Psychic Squad: Collection 4 ($14.99)

Ray: Complete Collection ($8.99)

Shigofumi: Complete Collection ($7.99)

Sister Princess: Complete Collection ($15.99)

Someday Dreams II Sora Complete Collection ($11.99)

Taisho Baseball Girls Complete Collection ($9.99)

Tayutama: Kiss on My Deity ($15.99)

Tytania: Collection 1 ($9.99)

Tytania: Collection 2 ($9.99)

You're Under Arrest: Fast & Furious Complete Collection ($12.99)

You're Under Arrest: Full Throlle Complete Collection ($14.99)

Yozakura Quartet: Complete Collection ($17.99)

Yumeria: Complete Collection ($16.99)

EDIT: Added more stuff

I can't remember, was there anything wrong with the Sentai releases of Mahoromatic? I misplaced my old Pioneer dvds and was debating about replacing them.
I don't remember any complaints about issues with it. They do include the Summer special in the Season 2 set. Don't remember if it includes that 3-4 promos they did for S1 & S2 that were included on Geneon's Summer special DVD.

But if you get the "Ultimate Collection" that includes S1, S2 and the "I'm Home" OVA, the japanese audio in the 1st episode of the OVA is in mono for some reason.

bread's done
Back