Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Concert is Friday and has more songs though I am unfamiliar with her other stuff.
Oh ok. I was under the impression it was just a few KLK stuff she was going to perform. I was thinking about going.

My friends agreed on saturday.
Nice!

Man, I hope the lines for badges improve this year. Last year was terrible.

Anime-wise. I can't wait until Nekomonogatari White comes out :D

Almost had a heat-attack today when I saw how much the Oreimo bluray set was going for compared to the DVD set. -_- Aniplex pls.

Sengoku Collection; yay or nay?

Today's the last day for the Right Stuf/Nozomi sale and it crosses over with a Kodansha Studio sale. 

I saw that, but I contacted Customer Service and they updated it to the appropriate price in their system.  If anyone wants anything from that sale, you shouldn't have any issues setting up an online chat with them at any point.  Worst case scenario you just cancel the whole thing.

Damn, I caved on the Kill la Kill Limited Edition. >_<
Ouch...

24/4 = 6 x $60 = $360. ;)

But that is the Aniplex price we pay. I wonder if this show will make it overseas at all. Say in the UK market.

Are you serious, Kill La Kill is being released in 6 4-episode $60 sets?  I do believe Aniplex has officially gone over the edge from chaotic evil, to chaotic stupid.

Are you serious, Kill La Kill is being released in 6 4-episode $60 sets? I do believe Aniplex has officially gone over the edge from chaotic evil, to chaotic stupid.
They said it would be 5 volumes but I would expect the ones with more than 4 episodes to be more expensive.

Meh, at least it's not the most expensive item they've sold. I'll get it eventually, after I save some money by starving myself for a few weeks  :cry:

KIll la KIll has been licensed in the UK since March. Last time I checked they were going to do three parts.
Well this is good to hear then. Looks like I will save money and import it.

Question, is the UK dub for SOA the same as the Aniplex one?

I am a little curious what the Season 2 set will be. Unlike Season 1 and the movie, there was never a combo pack release of Season 2 thanks to lawyers and politics.

Wow, that's just incredibly lazy then. :*(

I've seen other items where they had been sending out repackaged items, but later seen the actual SAVE editions, so I assumed it would've been the same with HLP, but I guess they had so many leftover copies they just decided to print up a new sleeve that doesn't even fit on the case, and let the consumer worry about it... ~_~

I am a little curious what the Season 2 set will be. Unlike Season 1 and the movie, there was never a combo pack release of Season 2 thanks to lawyers and politics.
I assume they'll just use the same cover art as the DVD set, and use a case that holds more discs, and then tack on a blu-ray logo on the outside.

Easiest, laziest solution, so I can totally see it. XD

Meh, at least it's not the most expensive item they've sold. I'll get it eventually, after I save some money by starving myself for a few weeks :cry:
If you have a PC with a blu ray player, you can just grab the much cheaper UK sets. That's my current strategy for anything Aniplex gets their dirty mits on lol.

Aniplex released their Kabukimonogatari/Oreimo S2 plans. Is a shame it doesn't look like there will be a US BD release for Oreimo outside the import set anytime soon. I was a big fan of the Kabuki arc myself though I am not a fan of the flimsy slipcovers used in the recent sets. 

Judging from the image Amazon is using, http://www.amazon.com/Heavens-Lost-Property-Forte-Classic/dp/B00KDQG3A2/ref=sr_1_7?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1402231433&sr=1-7&keywords=heaven%27s+lost+property

It looks like it might be two different cases or something with a slip cover holding them. As that slip cover looks a little wide for just one normal 4 disc case.

BTW, what kind of packaging did the "Is This a Zombie?" Anime Classics release use? As that's one didn't get a BR release until it got moved to the AC line.

Is this A Zombie has the AC branded cover art and slipcover and came in a regular blu ray case. It didn't turn out like HLP S1 AC. haha

I'm sure HWP S2 AC will be the same as the first one sadly.

I'm sure HWP S2 AC will be the same as the first one sadly.
So if it's like S1's AC, which was just a different slip cover. Then it probably will be just two different cases, as S2 never a combo pack before this(DVD & BR got separate releases).

So that would be weird to get one DVD case and one BR case in a slip cover, as the sizes are different. Hopefully it's like Is this a Zombie then and just gets shoved into on 4 disc BR case.

BTW, I didn't realize that the Is This a Zombie S1 DVD/BR combo has the OVA missing from the BR discs(it's on the DVD portion). So you're paying for 13 episodes on DVD, but only get 12 on BR. I wonder wtf happened with that?

Just a friendly heads up, Summer Wars (Blu-Ray and DVD Combo) @ Amazon currently only has 27 copies left in stock. They may end up ordering more but just wanted to throw that out there for those people who wanted to pick it up at this price.

Comixology is now offering Viz manga through their app (and I'm assuming their website). Right now the app has Blue Exorcist Volume 1 on sale for $1.99.

Okay, I'm back, exhausted and very tired.

I didn't pick up much, mostly just a difficult Gundam MG kit, couple of video games, and 2 movies.  One of moves, I consider to be the Battlefield Earth of anime.  The show is titled Garzey's Wing, it's a really horrible dub directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino, the creator of Gundam.  I was lucky enough to get it for $5.

The other movie was the Yamato live action for $20 on blu ray.

Just a little note. Warner Home Video and Amazon are having a tiff right now, so you can't pre-order any Viz Media titles on Amazon right now, as they distribute through WB.

Just a little note. Warner Home Video and Amazon are having a tiff right now, so you can't pre-order any Viz Media titles on Amazon right now, as they distribute through WB.
Yep, caught that today as I was getting ready to order the next Ranma 1/2 set. Amazon doesn't even have 3rd party sellers listed on those.

Don't care what exactly they're arguing over. All I know is is that I'm getting tired of these disputes with Amazon and it's driving me to order more & more through Right Stuf & RACS.

Barnes and Noble currently has a 40% off sale on all blu's. Not everything is available on the website for the promotion, however. I was able to order the Attack on Titan limited edition in the store for $54. Assuming the 20% off Father's Day coupon and the 10% off member coupons stack with the current sale, I should be getting it for around $39 plus tax

Also of note is that if you already preordered the Lego movie from Amazon, keep an eye out, because all versions are currently "no release date" because of the tiff they're having with WB. 

Argh, meant this for the lego thread, disregard... :)

Barnes and Noble currently has a 40% off sale on all blu's. Not everything is available on the website for the promotion, however. I was able to order the Attack on Titan limited edition in the store for $54. Assuming the 20% off Father's Day coupon and the 10% off member coupons stack with the current sale, I should be getting it for around $39 plus tax
40% doesn't apply, it's not on their list, but it does qualify for the 20% off and hoping the 10% as well as the extra 15% coupon stacks

any new Sentai deals? I held off buying any Sentai releases lately and waiting for something from Deep Discount like the buy 2 get 1 free sale they usually do.

40% doesn't apply, it's not on their list, but it does qualify for the 20% off and hoping the 10% as well as the extra 15% coupon stacks
It does not online, but if you go into the store and have them ship it to the store, it shows $54 for the in store price. I'll be able to confirm tonight and if the coupons stack. :)

Blood Lad is up for preorder and the bluray/dvd combo pack includes an artbox and an artbook. It costs $52.99 opposed to the retail price of $69.99.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/887C9abFdT4mkvvfyk/browse/item/102798/4/0/0

DVD only version is $28.99.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/887C9abFdT4mkvvfyk/browse/item/102797/4/0/0

---

Also for those of you interested in Katanagatari. I just got off a phone call with a NISA Store CS, and they did warehouse cleaning and they do not have any more copies of the premium editions. So, you can find copies of the show on TSRI or Animecorner. Pick it up, if you want it, because that was their last print run for the premium edition...

Just picked up my in store order of Attack on Titan limited edition at Barnes and Noble. In store price was $54. With the 20% off Father's Day member coupon and the 10% member discount, my total before tax was $38.87. I also picked up two Naruto movies (The Lost Tower and Blood Prison) on blu. The standard price with discount was $13.49 each before tax. Using the 15% non member coupon, I picked up one for $11.47.

All I know is is that I'm getting tired of these disputes with Amazon and it's driving me to order more & more through Right Stuf & RACS.
Nothing wrong with that anyway. I'd much rather support a retailer that 100% lives and breathes my hobby and is about the culture instead of some online megamart that just wants my money and wants to crush the hell out of competition. I only buy from Amazon if I can't find it at Rightstuf (OOP or too old) or local stores. Other than free fast shipping, I find Rightstuf is pretty competitive with Amazon anyway.

Blood Lad is up for preorder and the bluray/dvd combo pack includes an artbox and an artbook. It costs $52.99 opposed to the retail price of $69.99.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/887C9abFdT4mkvvfyk/browse/item/102798/4/0/0

DVD only version is $28.99.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/887C9abFdT4mkvvfyk/browse/item/102797/4/0/0

---

Also for those of you interested in Katanagatari. I just got off a phone call with a NISA Store CS, and they did warehouse cleaning and they do not have any more copies of the premium editions. So, you can find copies of the show on TSRI or Animecorner. Pick it up, if you want it, because that was their last print run for the premium edition...
This is giving me a Blue Exorcist vibe which I like. I'll have to look into this series, I might pick it up. It's great to see that Viz is starting to care about licensing anime again. The trend of Naruto/Bleach sets being in just plain DVD cases (compared to their older sets in better packaging) was giving me the vibe that Viz would stop licensing anime. Ramna (Blu), Sailor Moon, and this have thankfully proved me wrong.

I always check out vampire themed anime hoping for something interesting but I dropped Blood Lad after a few episodes. I guess it wasn't a serious enough tone for me. Talking about serious I really enjoyed Psycho-Pass which I finally marathoned recently.

Blood Lad started off all right for me but character development began to waver. I started asking myself "Why should I care about this guy?" as the episodes went on. Well it's not like those characters were really developed anyway, because, worst of all, the show ends without even really getting started. I have absolutely no idea why they even pushed this out as a series; an OVA route should have been taken instead for increased animation quality. Definitely a huge let-down. It sure didn't make me want to read the manga.

Yeah, I gave the first episode of Blood Lad a try yesterday and I have to agree with everyone that it seems like it won't really go anywhere. I found it really unusual that an anime would only have 10 episodes and be considered "the complete series". I think it had a somewhat interesting concept at first but since it is a shonen, I can see it hitting a wall (no more source material) pretty quickly.

Oh, and Psycho Pass is fantastic. I can't wait for the second season. =)

bread's done
Back