Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm weird, but I actually like those. It reminds me that I've got a blu-ray and the ones without it seem cheap now. Looking at a clean DVD cover makes me quiver lol.

Yeah, I gave the first episode of Blood Lad a try yesterday and I have to agree with everyone that it seems like it won't really go anywhere. I found it really unusual that an anime would only have 10 episodes and be considered "the complete series". I think it had a somewhat interesting concept at first but since it is a shonen, I can see it hitting a wall (no more source material) pretty quickly.

Oh, and Psycho Pass is fantastic. I can't wait for the second season. =)
I enjoyed blood lad well enough, and it follows the manga decently, the major issue with it is basically the introduction to the series and setting up for the future events and then END.... a second season of it likely would be a ton of fun, but the first season is basically a giant tease without a happy ending.

Maybe I'm weird, but I actually like those. It reminds me that I've got a blu-ray and the ones without it seem cheap now. Looking at a clean DVD cover makes me quiver lol.
Yea, you're weird.

If they just had "Blu-ray version" written in text on top, I wouldn't mind it. Act of Valor, X-Men First Class, and Baccano are great examples. Or if they modified it so that it's not a flat blue bar, like Muppet Movie or Advent Children or the original Star Wars sets, that would be acceptable.

Well I put all my funimation titles together on the shelf and since they almost all have the blu bar I'd rather keep the trend going so yea I dig the blu bar across the top.

Thanks! Best Buy has it for that price too.

Sadly, the DVD set was like 16 bucks a week ago or on Walmart's site. Then, it went up to like 21 yesterday..now it's at 26. Darn. I almost picked it up, but my backlog is still HUGE.

Well I put all my funimation titles together on the shelf and since they almost all have the blu bar I'd rather keep the trend going so yea I dig the blu bar across the top.
Mine are all scattered, some on a shelf, some not.

Also, I condense cases anyway (up to 6 discs per DVD case and up to 4 or 5 per Blu-ray case) so that ends up being a non issue.

Still tempted to throw away most FUNi slips. At least they have a reversible cover for the DVD-size Blu-ray cases. Wish you could do that with the Fairy Tail slips.

Needless to say, Robotics;Notes is my favorite FUNi slip. Don't even care about the LE box.

Got AoT at BB since I had $15 from certificates to use up.  Also glad I waited since anime sets are starting to catch sale prices regularly.

Curious, does funimation only do slipcovers on a blu ray's first printing? For example, my FMA brotherhood parts 1+2 i got recently have slips but my Evangelion 2.22 didn't. 

The Evangelion slips are a special case since they are made differently. IIRC, 2.22 has a velcro slipcover, don't know the official name for those.

It doesn't seem to work with my s4.
It took a few tries, but you have to be sure to order the items directly through the chrome app. Just placed my order with an $0.08 filler item. Total with tax was 21.47. Used the father's day 50 dollar gift card i sent myself to get the 10 dollar free credit (that deal ends today, have to have amazon prime student).

Edit: The items have to be sold by amazon

Is Robotics;Notes worth a blind buy? If it helps, I loved Steins;Gate and I thought Chaos;head was pretty good as well (even though not many others liked it). I feel obliged to watch Robotics;Notes for some reason, but it's pretty cheap on Amazon right now so I am considering buying it.

Curious, does funimation only do slipcovers on a blu ray's first printing? For example, my FMA brotherhood parts 1+2 i got recently have slips but my Evangelion 2.22 didn't.
Yes, most slipcovers in general are a first pressing type thing. Slipboxes on the other hand not so much as they are usaully shrinkwrapped.

The Evangelion slips are a special case since they are made differently. IIRC, 2.22 has a velcro slipcover, don't know the official name for those.
The term is called a gatefold. :)

Is Robotics;Notes worth a blind buy? If it helps, I loved Steins;Gate and I thought Chaos;head was pretty good as well (even though not many others liked it). I feel obliged to watch Robotics;Notes for some reason, but it's pretty cheap on Amazon right now so I am considering buying it.
I enjoyed it. I got the LE for $20 back in the day and still need to get part two but I am not paying more then $25. When it ever gets down to that price I will get it. But for Season 1, $19.96 isn't bad. Plus the slip doesn't have the blu banner on it. ;) :)

Yes, most slipcovers in general are a first pressing type thing. Slipboxes on the other hand not so much as they are usaully shrinkwrapped.

The term is called a gatefold. :)

I enjoyed it. I got the LE for $20 back in the day and still need to get part two but I am not paying more then $25. When it ever gets down to that price I will get it. But for Season 1, $19.96 isn't bad. Plus the slip doesn't have the blu banner on it. ;) :)
Don't make it sound like the LE was on "sale" for $20 you misleading jerk! ;D

Picked up Attack on Titan Pt 1 regular with that $24.99 sale. Was going to get it later on, but this is essentially a "later on" price, so bought.

If you are lucky enough to have a MovieStop near you, they are having a B3G1 free on all Used movies and B2G1 free on all anime DVDs.

Got my Date-A-Live and Shiki SAVE from RS today. The Shiki set is nice since it is just a repackaging of the LE set but the SAVE paper is stuck on with two giant circle stickers that leave a bad residue.

Need to go find some goo-gone~

Also Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl is now OOP and running out fast if anyone cares for those that need their SHAFT fix. 

Aren't their prices pretty awful though? I've only went there a handful of times.
Their pricing varies wildly. I've seen anime sets there around the same price as FYE, and I've seen some sets for less than $20. FUNimation stuff is usually expensive, but Viz stuff usually goes for about $20-$25 and Sentai stuff for $10-$20.

Got my Date-A-Live and Shiki SAVE from RS today. The Shiki set is nice since it is just a repackaging of the LE set but the SAVE paper is stuck on with two giant circle stickers that leave a bad residue.

Need to go find some goo-gone~

Also Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl is now OOP and running out fast if anyone cares for those that need their SHAFT fix.
Thanks for the heads up on that. Was planning on getting that at some point,but I guess I'll have to get now.

Season 3 of Highschool DxD has been green lit.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-16/high-school-dxd-light-novels-gets-3rd-anime-season

As a person who caught up to the Light Novel, I'm really excited for the arc I'm assuming they're going to do. It really gets exciting. Probably going to be a 13 ep season again and not a 24+. :( Might have too much material to cover.
Crap. I misread that and thought it was Highschool of the Dead :( Much better show with respect to boobs and action.

AWD has Haganai for $33.58. It's new and factory sealed according to description. I finished it today and it was pretty good. Not that great of a price for 12 eps, and not sure why this anime is regularly expensive. 

Thanks for reminding me about Shiki's S.A.V.E. set, I forgot that it comes out today.  Although looks like I'm ordering it through Right Stuf, as Amazon hasn't got their batch in yet(saying 12-14 day wait).   Although it looks like that they got Red Data Girl on time.

Hopefully that doesn't happen with my Shakugan no Shana S2 S.A.V.E. pre-order, otherwise that will be moved to ordering through RS too.

One Piece Film Z is releasing 9/30. Season 6 not part of September releases for Funimation.

BqXXwT8IgAEB4UB.png

And these are my LE titles
Gimmie that H DxD and HLP LE :p

Season 3 of Highschool DxD has been green lit.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-16/high-school-dxd-light-novels-gets-3rd-anime-season

As a person who caught up to the Light Novel, I'm really excited for the arc I'm assuming they're going to do. It really gets exciting. Probably going to be a 13 ep season again and not a 24+. :( Might have too much material to cover.
Yusss!

So I am tempted to order over 1K of Aniplex titles from TRSI right now (so like 4 things? xD ). I've been watching for cheap auctions for these titles for months but nada (SOA, Blue Exorcist, Durarara!!, 3rd Madoka movie, and P3 Movie LE).

On that note, score all three Madoka LEs (sealed too!) for $150! :D

Yusss!

So I am tempted to order over 1K of Aniplex titles from TRSI right now (so like 4 things? xD ). I've been watching for cheap auctions for these titles for months but nada (SOA, Blue Exorcist, Durarara!!, 3rd Madoka movie, and P3 Movie LE).

On that note, score all three Madoka LEs (sealed too!) for $150! :D
I assume you double-checked that they're legit copies and not bootlegs?

Sure for 1 million dollars *puts pinky to his mouth*, does any one own the LE set of gundam zeta that came with the pencil sharpners/mini figures? I ask because a friend of my brother is selling his and asking 60 for it but its missing the big outer box should I pull the trigger?

I have it. It retailed for $200 and the Anime Legends sets sell for about $45-$50 minimum each, $60 is a steal even without the box. Does it have the booklet?

I assume you double-checked that they're legit copies and not bootlegs?
They didn't bootleg the limited editions, only the regular ones. Plus they came with their AoA cards.

Sure for 1 million dollars *puts pinky to his mouth*, does any one own the LE set of gundam zeta that came with the pencil sharpners/mini figures? I ask because a friend of my brother is selling his and asking 60 for it but its missing the big outer box should I pull the trigger?
I hate chu! ;__;

Just for the discs alone it is a steal. Jump on that!

I have it. It retailed for $200 and the Anime Legends sets sell for about $45-$50 minimum each, $60 is a steal even without the box. Does it have the booklet?
im not sure if it comes with the booklet but I do know that the figures are still in there box sealed :) .oh man im getting all excited now just thinking about buying it.

bread's done
Back