Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have that Zeta Gundam box... the one caveat with the release is that it was widely panned by fans for having what seemed to be dubtitles, or subs based on the dubbed script and not the Japanese.  They actually redid it for the individual releases. 

Ugh. That Zeta Gundam box set... I had it back in the day but was very upset about the dubtitles. You guys have brought back some bad memories. I sold mine a while ago. Forgot for how much but it was around $40-60. I don't even remember what I did with the sharpeners. I may have included them since I thought they were rather gimmicky.

For those that pre-ordered the Ben-to DVD/BR combo, it's now been delayed and moved to a TBD release date.  Just like Sankarea, it sounds like they got the TV masters instead of the uncensored/corrected DVD/BR version.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-18/funimation-delays-ben-to-dub-release-until-further-notice/.75706

Also I didn't catch it until now, but Madman(Australian anime publisher) said the audio wasn't mixed properly with Funimation's Evangelion 3.33 dub(since they use the same dub).  Which apparently wasn't caught until around the time of the release in theaters.  At this point, they have to go back and redo the dub in order to correct it(since it can't be fixed apparently).   So that's probably what is holding up the DVD/BR release.

Funimation also put out their Sept. release schedule, so far this is what they have scheduled.

- Hal (DVD/BR combo, 9/2/14)

- One Piece Film Z(DVD/BR combo, 9/30/14)

- Attack on Titan Part 2 regular & LE(DVD/BR combo, 9/23/14)

- Baka & Test S1/ S.A.V.E.(DVD, 9/2/14)

- Baka & Test S2 & OVA/ S.A.V.E. (DVD, 9/2/14)

- Steins Gate/ Anime Classics(DVD/BR combo, 9/30/14)

- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt/ Anime Classics (DVD/BR combo, 9/23/14)

- Dragon Ball Z Season 7(BR, 9/16/14)

That would explain the delay... it's weird that Funimation would make such a huge screw up with Eva but I guess things happen... (no loss it wasn't that great anyway). 

And I'm loving how cheap the new Anime Classics line is. Panty and Stocking on Blu for $23? Heck yes. (referring to the more recent releases from it)

Well that's disappointing about Eva 3.33, Funimation really screwed up on that one. Thanks for the info, makes sense. 

Hopefully Steins;Gate is $30 for all episodes.
$32.99 at RS at the moment. Although someone will probably have it included in a sale between now and when the Anime Classics version is released.

I noticed something weird about that release schedule. Didn't catch it until now, but the Baka & Test S2 DVD/BR combo released last year is already OOP. So this S.A.V.E. set is the only one people will be able to pay a reasonable price for(and be stuck with a DVD-only release).

Not sure if this is a deal but Nana vol 1-4 just dropped to $15.99 each a few hours ago on RS. I have been watching it the passed few days and it made me want to purchase the series. I almost bought them at $22.50 ($20.25 with membership) each yesterday and as I got home from work, noticed the price drop. 

About done with the series and would definitely recommend it to those looking for a good romance that strays away from the usual high school setting. 

[quote name="Chief Keef" post="11855360" timestamp="1403222137"]^That's a great price. I could see it being sub-$30. Glad I didn't buy the two sets individually last week. I'll wait. [/quote]

Classic Funimation. Just wait a couple of years; you'll get a real good price. :/ lol

Not sure if this is a deal but Nana vol 1-4 just dropped to $15.99 each a few hours ago on RS. I have been watching it the passed few days and it made me want to purchase the series. I almost bought them at $22.50 ($20.25 with membership) each yesterday and as I got home from work, noticed the price drop.

About done with the series and would definitely recommend it to those looking for a good romance that strays away from the usual high school setting.
It's the lowest I have seen it as I don't think right stuff really holds 40% off viz sales...

either way, it's a great series, and a random sale like this might mean it's going out of print... so $64 for all of nana is fine by me. Now I just need honey and clover to drop that low :p

It's the lowest I have seen it as I don't think right stuff really holds 40% off viz sales...
either way, it's a great series, and a random sale like this might mean it's going out of print... so $64 for all of nana is fine by me. Now I just need honey and clover to drop that low :p
I was just thinking the same thing lol. I almost bought Honey and Clover immediately after but stopped since I knew July is going to be an expensive month for me.

There's a Sentai studio sale going on right now at Right Stuf.  As usual, the prices aren't Deep Discount cheap, but if it's something you want to complete now, the prices aren't bad.  I have a number of things saved, waiting for the next crossover day to make a decision (Fate/Prisma, Flowers of Evil, Watamote, Golden Time)

On a side note, it's ridiculous how much better the UK cover for From the New World is.

61qryRjx72L._SX385_.jpg

Man, that's a steal for Nana. Such a great show. And as others stated, I'd hop on Honey & Clover in a second if it reached those prices. C'mon, Viz!!

Got any emal this morning dvdplanet is having a sale on section23 anime. There are some ok deals nothing to mind blowing though. Heres the link. http://www.dvdplanet.com/Search/grp/4285954923/Section-23-Anime-Sale
The prices are basically the same prices that DD just had with their 25% off sale, and seeing how they're basically the same company it would make sense.

They seem to do this pretty often with their sales, and just trade off on each site, so for those who didn't think the prices were good enough during the DD sale, then they won't be good enough here either.

Anime Corner has Panty and Stocking up for sale because the Anime Classics version of it is coming.

Panty and Stocking Blu-ray (w/ Glittery Art Box) $29.98

Panty and Stocking DVD L.E $28.98
http://www.animecornerstore.com/pastbwiga.html

If you guys are more interested in having an artbox (especially the glittery art box) than having a bluray/dvd combo pack, I would suggest buy them before they run out. :)

The prices are basically the same prices that DD just had with their 25% off sale, and seeing how they're basically the same company it would make sense.

They seem to do this pretty often with their sales, and just trade off on each site, so for those who didn't think the prices were good enough during the DD sale, then they won't be good enough here either.
there's a 10% off code that works with many of the sentai titles: DVDP614

My Super Robot Wars DVD I got from Walmart way back when has finally shipped.

I'm shocked to be honest.
i hope it wasn't sent out via fedex smartpost like my last walmart order...

on the 6th of june my tracking number had shipping info received

walmart said my package would be here between june 13th and 17th...

here we are june 20th and my tracking info is still on shipping info received with absolutely no updates or anything...

I am waiting until next tuesday to email walmart about it... i've heard walmart's customer service sucks though :/

Yeah, I wouldn't rely on Wal Mart for anime anymore. Honestly, I'm not even sure on why even list it since they never have it in stock yet they always list it as available. I only waited out on Robotic;notes for two months because I was so bogged down with homework at the time. 

Anybody looking for Sentai DVDs, GoHastings is having a 1 day 30% Off Used sale, which has a lot of Sentai titles in there. Code: BUSYBEE

A decent way to search is to use "Complete Collection" or "Complete Series."

So the complete Rurouni Kenshin box sets are going for cheapish on eBay, does anybody know why? Is it just not a sought after series? It includes the 3 "Complete Collection" box sets released years ago, which I didn't even know where sold in a set.

So the complete Rurouni Kenshin box sets are going for cheapish on eBay, does anybody know why? Is it just not a sought after series? It includes the 3 "Complete Collection" box sets released years ago, which I didn't even know where sold in a set.
I searched around on eBay and I saw this fake one and then a few that look legit and are sold in the US. I guess less and less people were buying them for a high price so the value gradually went down. I haven't really checked them lately but I've seen the complete set (second link) for $100+ at a few Otakons.

EDIT: That second seller sells a lot of counterfeit goods. That is what the collection looks like from memory but that set could very well be fake. Buy at your own risk.

Counterfeit anime is on the rise on eBay again so the prices on certain series are dropping alot. Counterfeiters are starting to get WAY to close to the real thing these days (example is those new Madoka fake blurays).

I need to rent a table at an anime convention one of these days and sell off all my old Geneon-era anime sets.

Counterfeit anime is on the rise on eBay again so the prices on certain series are dropping alot. Counterfeiters are starting to get WAY to close to the real thing these days (example is those new Madoka fake blurays).

I need to rent a table at an anime convention one of these days and sell off all my old Geneon-era anime sets.
Yeah, I guess they have been getting better. I don't think I've ever bought any anime off of eBay due to this.

As for selling old anime, I have used eBay and Amazon for that. I'd say that would be a lot easier to do than selling it at a convention. It's how I got rid of my Bandai anime when it was selling for high prices, D.Gray-Man, Naruto, One Piece and DBZ.

Has there been any news of any gundam reprints?  I need the last chapter of zeta gundam and I need to rewatch the original gundam series.  I really don't want to pay the high prices for the original series.  I think there are a few more I need to watch, but I'm not sure if they were released here.  I know Turn A Gundam and I can't remember what else.

I managed find stardust memory, MS 8th team, gundam wing,  00 Gundam, and most of zeta gundam.

When you said original box, I thought you meant the art box that holds the DVDs in.

Has there been any news of any gundam reprints? I need the last chapter of zeta gundam and I need to rewatch the original gundam series. I really don't want to pay the high prices for the original series. I think there are a few more I need to watch, but I'm not sure if they were released here. I know Turn A Gundam and I can't remember what else.

I managed find stardust memory, MS 8th team, gundam wing, 00 Gundam, and most of zeta gundam.
Here's the Gundam series that have been released in the US:

- Mobile Suit Gundam (and its movies)
- Zeta Gundam (and its movies)
- Char's Counterattack
- 08th MS Team (and its movie)
- 0080: War in the Pocket
- 0083: Stardust Memory
- MS IGLOO Volume 1
- Gundam Unicorn
- Gundam Wing (and its movie)
- G Gundam
- Gundam SEED (and its movies)
- Gundam SEED Destiny (and its movies)
- Gundam 00 (and its final movie)
- SD Gundam Force

All except Unicorn are currently out of print. I know the Big 3 (FUNi, Viz, and Sentai) have been trying to acquire the various series, but nothing so far. Bandai has released a lot of their Japanese Gundam Blu-rays with English subs and a dub if there is one, but since their Japanese releases, they are freaking expensive.

As far as series still unreleased, not counting the various SD and Evolve shorts we have:

- ZZ Gundam
- Victory Gundam
- Gundam X
- Turn A Gundam
- Gundam AGE
- Gundam Build Fighters

Yeah, I guess they have been getting better. I don't think I've ever bought any anime off of eBay due to this.

As for selling old anime, I have used eBay and Amazon for that. I'd say that would be a lot easier to do than selling it at a convention. It's how I got rid of my Bandai anime when it was selling for high prices, D.Gray-Man, Naruto, One Piece and DBZ.
Yup, I fear another anime market crash is coming soon.

I already do sell my anime on eBay. But old sets are a bit of a niche market so it takes a little longer to see (especially since Funimation released some of them on their Anime Classics and S.A.V.E. line.). Most anime viewers today go for the cheapest route. I've sold about 35% of my old stock so far. There is just so much! -_-. The reason why I brought up the anime convention is that I could just undercut the market there and purge my old stock super fast.

Has there been any news of any gundam reprints? I need the last chapter of zeta gundam and I need to rewatch the original gundam series. I really don't want to pay the high prices for the original series. I think there are a few more I need to watch, but I'm not sure if they were released here. I know Turn A Gundam and I can't remember what else.

I managed find stardust memory, MS 8th team, gundam wing, 00 Gundam, and most of zeta gundam.
Nope and don't expect any for awhile. Sunrise will only sell the Gundam license as a whole, not part it off by series. In addition, they have very strict guidelines and an odd perspective on the market (which was the main reason for Bandai USA's closure). The only advice I can give you is keep watching those eBay listings. Especially, ones that end on holiday nights.

Finally picked it up today I used my silver tongue skills and talked him down to $55 :)
Score! Now enjoy all the Newtype slapping action!

Bandai has released a lot of their Japanese Gundam Blu-rays with English subs and a dub if there is one, but since their Japanese releases, they are freaking expensive.
That's wrong. Only Gundam Age has English subtitles (Unicorn having dual audio and subs). The rest are Jap audio and Jap subs only!

^ Another crash? We only have four big anime licensors (Funi, Viz, Sentai, Aniplex USA) and then a few smaller ones (NIS & Media Blasters). I don't think the industry will ever grow again because of streaming media but as for shrinking? I guess only when physical media is finally phased out. 

As for selling stuff, Otakon is like a month and a half away! 

^ Another crash? We only have four big anime licensors (Funi, Viz, Sentai, Aniplex USA) and then a few smaller ones (NIS & Media Blasters). I don't think the industry will ever grow again because of streaming media but as for shrinking? I guess only when physical media is finally phased out.

As for selling stuff, Otakon is like a month and a half away!
Crash in terms of the market value of anime itself. There was a time were you could get the ROD bluray set for $50! xD

As for the industry, its barely holding on. It will never go back to how it used to be unfortunately. Also, Media Blasters will be the next company to disappear (possibly next year?).

Anime Expo here in LA is next week! :D

As for the industry, its barely holding on. It will never go back to how it used to be unfortunately. Also, Media Blasters will be the next company to disappear (possibly next year?).
This makes me sad, particularly considering Media Blasters licensed Lodoss and announced plans for an HD release. Apparently it never panned out.

This makes me sad, particularly considering Media Blasters licensed Lodoss and announced plans for an HD release. Apparently it never panned out.
That was due to them not being able to the masters.

Yeah, it feels kinda Media Blasters will probably be the next one to go. Especially since the only title left they haven't released is Ladies vs. Butlers(which is getting a dub). After that's out, I wouldn't be surprised if they fold the company after that.

Yea, that was a major bummer. Too bad they couldn't get their hands on the masters.

That was due to them not being able to the masters.

Yeah, it feels kinda Media Blasters will probably be the next one to go. Especially since the only title left they haven't released is Ladies vs. Butlers(which is getting a dub). After that's out, I wouldn't be surprised if they fold the company after that.
They keep running to QA and production issues for every release, which is making them hemorrhage money. If they would just reprint some of their back catalog (I'm looking at you Queen's Blade bluray), it would give them a small boost in funds. But I guess that is easier said than done.

I'm still waiting for the bluray release of Kite. But apparently the masters are in terrible shape.

There are a few more smaller companies. Discotek, Nozomi, Cinedigm, Maiden Japan, Eastern Star, and technically Geneon and ADV still exist.

Also, while anime will probably not go mainstream again anytime soon, it is still quite a large niche. Amazon, GoHastings, DVD Planet/DeepDiscount and FYE/SecondSpin still make a fair amount of money off it and both Walmart and Best Buy still carry it, albeit limited selection.

Not to mention that anime conventions still give their host cities plenty of money (which is why I bet Baltimore is pissed they'll be losing Otakon soon).

There are a few more smaller companies. Discotek, Nozomi, Cinedigm, Maiden Japan, Eastern Star, and technically Geneon and ADV still exist.

Also, while anime will probably not go mainstream again anytime soon, it is still quite a large niche. Amazon, GoHastings, DVD Planet/DeepDiscount and FYE/SecondSpin still make a fair amount of money off it and both Walmart and Best Buy still carry it, albeit limited selection.

Not to mention that anime conventions still give their host cities plenty of money (which is why I bet Baltimore is pissed they'll be losing Otakon soon).
I have to agree. Since 2009 slump the industry has crawled its way back up. Plus there has been a HUGE increase in the acceptance and demand for online anime. Crunchyroll going legit, Hulu, Netflix picking up even sub only titles...this was an interesting read http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2013/03/13/general/the-online-anime-revolution-has-finally-ignited-in-japan/

Hell, I know people who never would have been exposed to anime I'd it wasn't a rapidly growing category on Netflix.

bread's done
Back