Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ranma 1/2 was my first uncut anime back in 1997, and I've always had a soft spot for it.  The first three seasons are the best, the fourth season is almost as good, but the recast of Ranma male's dub voice replacement kind of hurt it.  (I hate Richard Cox as a voice actor, and much preferred Sarah Strange).  After season four the show gets stuck in a really bad rut of "someone shows up to challenge ranma, fiance problems, dad problems, Akane problems, end of episode", almost EVER episode.

The first three InuYasha sets are totally worth owning, as they move at a nice pace and they're fairly entertaining. One of the best anime soundtracks ever, too. After that, things sorta peter out, and there's little plot progression until the very end. But yeah, the first 70-ish episodes are surprisingly good - $13 per set is a steal.
I remember the reruns of the older (and better) episodes from back in the day. The beginning of the anime was strong but as you said it fell pretty flat later on. I watched everything I saw of InuYasha on Adult Swim so you know it's been a while (it's initial airing) and the last thing I remember is the band of six or something along those lines, and the fillery episodes afterwards.

Gah, I don't know. I guess we'll see in a few months. I might be moving soon across the country soon, so I might buy them when they go on sale again.

Small license update added to OP - Funimation has licensed Shonen Hollywood - Holly Stage for 49

More are sure to come over the next few days

And didn't add it yet, as not official, but looks like Aniplex might have picked up the new Black Butler if what I am hearing is correct :(

I don't know, but I feel like Funimation will have home rights to Black Butler like Buddy Complex, but it will be streaming on DAISUKI from aniplrx and hulu by Funimation

Funimation's laziness continues hehe.

BroYyl8CAAAXtL4.jpg

Link

I want a copy just for the cover lol

Small license update added to OP - Funimation has licensed Shonen Hollywood - Holly Stage for 49

More are sure to come over the next few days

And didn't add it yet, as not official, but looks like Aniplex might have picked up the new Black Butler if what I am hearing is correct :(
That would be shit. Another UK bluray set to import, then, as they can fuck right off with their prices.

Funimation's laziness continues hehe.

BroYyl8CAAAXtL4.jpg

Link

I want a copy just for the cover lol
That's not laziness, that's just forgetfulness. Trust me, if you had to design a bunch of stuff that looked similar, you'd just have a template to work off of with placeholders for whenever you're apply them.

Still, it's funny that they forgot.

As for on topic discussion, I got Soul Eater Complete Series (Blu-ray) and School Rumble First Season (DVD) used at a local chain store that was having a buy 2 get 1 free sale for 4th of July. Both were about $30 (School Rumble was a bit more expensive oddly), but it came out to about $20 for each after factoring in the savings from getting Rune Factory (PS3) for free (also priced at $30). Both sets were in like new condition.

In case you don't visit the other thread, FYE and its sister stores (Suncoast, SecondSpin, etc.) are having a B1G1 for $1 sale on all Used movies this weekend. In-store only.

EDIT: Went to Suncoast and displayed unparalleled restraint. Didn't spend much money at all.

...Hah! Yea, I dropped $280. 16 used (all Blu-ray) and a new copy of K-On Season 1 Volume 2 for $9.

Well, the Suncoast in White Marsh apparently has constant traders in who sell their anime and then buy others via Store Credit. They also have a ton of LE sets, both new and old. That Suncoast also runs Animania events (next one has B1G1 50% off all anime New and Used) and a TV dedicated to anime trailers. Had no idea FUNi made a Bebop trailer already, did they announce a date for it?

Anyway, pics are in the Pick-ups thread, but I got K-On V2, Fujiko Mine LE, Hakuoki S3 Blu-ray, Phi-Brain S1V2 Blu-ray, Upotte Blu-ray, Robotics;Notes V1 and V2, Pet Girl of Sakurosa V1 and V2 Blu-ray, Amagami V1 and V2 DVD, Queen's Blade S1 DVD, Naruto Shippuden Set 18, Accel World Set 2, Psycho Pass V1, and Heaven's Lost Property S1.

Lucky DNukem. My FYE never has good used anime.
This exactly, but that's what I get for having every FYE in the area be in a mall. I would certainly not mind buying quite a few of those pickups in time though lol.

Still, getting Air and HLP S1 from Amazon was enough until the holiday sales.

Aniplex is releasing Valvrave Season 1 on Bluray in September. It's sub only and should cost $120 at Right Stuf (MSRP is $149.99)

Sentai Panel info

They license Chaika
High School of the Dead is getting a new box set in November. Includes the OVA and some other extras they haven't announced yet
Log Horizon will have Limited Edition set. Collection 1 coming out in November
Beyond The Boundary also getting a LE
They also licensed Noucome and Yuushibu.
For the Summer they license Rail Wars, Akame Ga Kill, Shirogane no Ishi Agevollen, Gasslip, Invaders of the Rokujyoma, Ao Haru Ride and Sabagebu!

Aniplex is releasing Valvrave Season 1 on Bluray in September. It's sub only and should cost $120 at Right Stuf (MSRP is $149.99)

Sentai Panel info

They license Chaika
High School of the Dead is getting a new box set in November. Includes the OVA and some other extras they haven't announced yet
Log Horizon will have Limited Edition set. Collection 1 coming out in November
Beyond The Boundary also getting a LE
They also licensed Noucome and Yuushibu.
For the Summer they license Rail Wars, Akame Ga Kill, Shirogane no Ishi Agevollen, Gasslip, Invaders of the Rokujyoma, Ao Haru Ride and Sabagebu!
Heh, "Gasslip". :lol:

Updated OP with recent licenses for the Summer 2014 season, and also added section for recent licenses not in this season. Let me know if I miss any!

Left today or tomorrow are Nis America with 1 or 2 announcements, Rightstuf with 4 I believe, possibly more from Funimation and also Aniplex.

This exactly, but that's what I get for having every FYE in the area be in a mall. I would certainly not mind buying quite a few of those pickups in time though lol.
It certainly helps that Suncoast that there aren't any other used video stores around, whereas back home there are 2 FYEs, a MovieStop, and about a half-dozen local shops.

Thank goodness I don't live in Eastpoint. The FYE there is about as big as a Subway and their anime section is 2 columns of 4 rows each.

You guys are lucky.  My fye closed years ago.  The suncoast in my mall closed this year as well.    Half price books and disk replay are the only places I have left for used anime.

Seconded that I'm interested in Valvrave but sub only and $150 is bleh. Something tells me that anime will surely get a dub here sooner or later. Definitely sensing a Blue Exorcist and Fate/Zero release pattern with Valvrave. I guess time will prove on if I'm right or not. :D

As for the FYE sale, I might check it out tomorrow. My Suncoast closed around Christmas time (it lingered for so long) but the FYE that left the mall actually came back just in a different spot. Does anyone still have a Suncoast in their area? I got a feeling that all of them are phased out now. =S

All the FYE's are north of me as they don't have any in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area (plenty of Moviestops though). I went to Suncoast.com and it directed me back to FYE.com. I miss Suncoast.

I'm surprised Aniplex is getting so many licenses. Someone must really love their shows to buy at those high DVD prices.

One Piece Collection 10 coming out on 9/23 and Franky is on the cover

Season Six DVD start to come out on 9/30

I'm surprised Aniplex is getting so many licenses. Someone must really love their shows to buy at those high DVD prices.
I'm at AX currently and saw their panel this morning. Had a surprisingly high number of attendees. Either way, I plan to cave tomorrow and buy their Kill la Kill blu set and gamble on getting it autographed by some of the production team.

Just left AX and man the Eir Aoi concert was awesome. The dub wasn't half bad either. The audience flipped when she showed off her new song and then showed clips from SAO2.

Well, for those held off on High School of the Dead, just wait.  Sentai is re-releasing the tv series and OVA in a box set.  So no more buying the two separately.  They also mentioned that Beyond the Boundary will also be getting a Limited Edition release.

Yushibu, Noucome & Log Horizon(which is getting an english dub) were announced for November 2014 releases.

I may double-dip on HotD depending how nice the LE set is. It is close enough to x-mas where I can always just gift my old copy out ;p

Well, for those held off on High School of the Dead, just wait. Sentai is re-releasing the tv series and OVA in a box set. So no more buying the two separately. They also mentioned that Beyond the Boundary will also be getting a Limited Edition release.

Yushibu, Noucome & Log Horizon(which is getting an english dub) were announced for November 2014 releases.
I'm jazzed for all those. Money's gonna be tight this year.

So, you guys would probably know, I really loved kill la kill but aniplex's price is ridiculous which I understand is business as usual for them. Do Aniplex titles go on sale for christmas sales or the like or do they remain relatively stable? The contents of the limited edition blu ray really weren't that great to me. 

So, you guys would probably know, I really loved kill la kill but aniplex's price is ridiculous which I understand is business as usual for them. Do Aniplex titles go on sale for christmas sales or the like or do they remain relatively stable? The contents of the limited edition blu ray really weren't that great to me.
Stable prices. Pretty much never go on sale.

If that is really going to have the Japanese soundtrack with Subtitles I might pick it up. But doing some further reading, it's dub only despite what Amazon says, so screw that crap.
The original series will never have a sub release. Nobody outside Japan will ever be able to legally sell it due to the contracts signed when the show was originally made, hence why all the other spinoffs have their subbed versions uploaded by 4K Media but not Classic.

Even if a company was allowed to sell the sub version, because of the video edits made said company would either have to make every disc dual-layered (a la Ronin Warriors) or have to redub the entire thing from the ground up. Both options are too expensive for a series as long as Yu-Gi-Oh and it wouldn't dramatically increase sales.

I dream one day that some company will release all of Yu-Gi-Oh! subbed and uncut and will also include the actual first season ("season 0"). I know we've talking about this before but I will always dream of this glorious set. 4kids screwed this series so hard that it's weird dub has become nostalgic to the point that everyone loves the goofiness of it. I admit I get a few giggles out of the over dramatic acting (Kaiba & Yugi especially -- "OH NO!!") but... I just want to watch all of the original already. 

I swear if you all saw Yugi before Duelist Kingdom (and I know some of you have seen that fansub) then you know that he is truly a badass and to never play any kind of game with him.

Did Toei even release Season 0 on DVD?

And while they aren't releasing them on DVD, GX, 5D's, and Zexal are legally watchable subbed.

bread's done
Back