Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that I'm partial due to my liking Railgun and having not seen Index, I just don't like that it didn't get an immediate combo pack. So now instead of just buying one season twice, I'll need to buy two if I want it on blu ray. It also stings that I've got a $30 some odd dollar preorder for the second half of season 2 that I no longer want.

This might not be much of a deal, but Haganai Next: Season 2 has been $29.49 for the past few days on Amazon, and that's the lowest I've seen it. I looked around this topic a bit and didn't see any mention of it, so hopefully this hasn't already been discussed. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00II4S0K2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1OCS8HOXHEYFY&coliid=I2CUY246EUPTF9
I posted that amazon was running a sale of stuff a few days ago. I guess it got deleted...
Anwyay here is everything on sale.

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=popularity&category=bluray&covers=8&popularity=all&genre=anime&studioid=0&packaging=-1&releases=all&movierating=all&videorating=all&audiorating=all

Finished Captain Harlock recently and I can see why it's a classic. I did find the whole twist of
Queen Lafresia being a human
pretty hilarious since they don't even attempt to explain it;so it's just used for shock value. Now I do hope discotek picks up more of the series at somepoint.

They didn't sell the set at AX unfortunately, so where ever they're getting more copies, it's probably from Japan.
They did. They even gave some extra goodies with it too (a poster and booklet I believe). I believe the set sold out the first day in the first couple of hours. But on Saturday I heard they were going to get more in.

Damn that's another regret I have then, along with not buying the really cheap SQ Madoka and Fate figures from Daisuki and missing out on a bunch of the autograph sessions.

I got sort of lit up today. I had order Samurai Bride from RS a couple of weeks back and it didn't ship yet and saw Amazon had it on sale yesterday for roughly the same price as RS. So I wrote an email to RS to cancel my order and ordered from Amazon. Get an email back today from RS saying they shipped it yesterday and I quickly go to Amazon to see if I can cancel it there and they said it's too late. So I have 2 copies coming and I have to go through the hassle to return 1.

I got sort of lit up today. I had order Samurai Bride from RS a couple of weeks back and it didn't ship yet and saw Amazon had it on sale yesterday for roughly the same price as RS. So I wrote an email to RS to cancel my order and ordered from Amazon. Get an email back today from RS saying they shipped it yesterday and I quickly go to Amazon to see if I can cancel it there and they said it's too late. So I have 2 copies coming and I have to go through the hassle to return 1.
Amazon returns is easier just talk to their support and they'll e-mail you a label. I rejected a package before for a return but it ended up being put in limbo when I did that last time so I usually just get the label on and put it in a dropbox.

Call me old fashioned but it's still a great feeling to go to my mailbox and see a Rightstuf catalog. I received one yesterday and it's nice to see what came out and what I can look forward to seeing later in the futute.

I was surprised to see someone licensed Dr. Slump. Ok it's only subbed, but $22 for 5 movies is a very good deal.

Yea, got mine yesterday. Also nice to see Gundam in the catalog, even if it is Unicorn only.

I do find it weird that the Adult catalog is in the middle, though.

Call me old fashioned but it's still a great feeling to go to my mailbox and see a Rightstuf catalog. I received one yesterday and it's nice to see what came out and what I can look forward to seeing later in the futute.
I saw my catalog just got buried on my desk. It's hard to for me to look through something anymore unless it has a coupon or some sort of deal I want to see within it. I guess I've truly become a CAG at this point.

Yea, got mine yesterday. Also nice to see Gundam in the catalog, even if it is Unicorn only.

I do find it weird that the Adult catalog is in the middle, though.
It's always nixed in mine since I don't buy "adult" titles. Would be worth a laugh if I had it in mine though.

Any good deals for today? I wish Monster would be released on DVD or Blu-Ray. I'm eyeballing a seller on Amazon who's getting rid of his Eva 2.22 with the orange slip. Apparently they don't come with it. I may bite. I don't know

I just recieved my first NIS America release today! I got Nyaruko. No idea what it's about or even if I will like it, but I got a NIS release! Yay!

Fyi, Sentai's BD release of To Love Ru - Darkness is crammed onto one BD. In addition, it seems like they did not clean up the horrible subs.

Boo

I was really looking forward to this release. I my still bite the bullet as I am a sucker for To Heart.

Any good deals for today? I wish Monster would be released on DVD or Blu-Ray. I'm eyeballing a seller on Amazon who's getting rid of his Eva 2.22 with the orange slip. Apparently they don't come with it. I may bite. I don't know
Yeah, it sucks that Monster isn't commercially available anywhere. Viz is reprinting the manga into bigger editions this summer, if there is a silver lining.

Yeah, it sucks that Monster isn't commercially available anywhere. Viz is reprinting the manga into bigger editions this summer, if there is a silver lining.
Maybe that's a sign. I know Guillermo Del Toro is in the process of writing a script for a tv show based off of Monster and is on episode 15 for a 20 episode order. Supposedly going to be on HBO. Let's see if it goes through. I would buy the hell out of a home media release.

In the process of becoming a CAG and I just scored End of Evangelion and Death/Rebirth for 30 bucks on eBay with free shipping. Complete with all artwork and posters inside. That's a huge steal imo since End usually sells for 50 bucks on there if you're lucky and Death is a good 20 buck seller if you can find it. Bad part is that it's shipping from Puerto Rico. At least it's a genuine unlike the millions of Eva bootlegs going around the masses ever since 3.33 was delayed smh 

Wow, is End of Eva really worth that much? The Manga DVD release? I've had it for the longest time and haven't watched it aside from the fansub before it was actually licensed yearsss ago. At least it was the best conclusion for Eva from what I've seen. The way the movies are going after 3.33, I've given up hope. I loved 1.11 and 2.22 so much too...

Wow, is End of Eva really worth that much? The Manga DVD release? I've had it for the longest time and haven't watched it aside from the fansub before it was actually licensed yearsss ago. At least it was the best conclusion for Eva from what I've seen. The way the movies are going after 3.33, I've given up hope. I loved 1.11 and 2.22 so much too...
Yeah, it's been out of print for a long while. Good god, I'd kill for an End of Eva Blu-ray...

And I, too, am sad that the new movies really shit the bed with 3.33. It's like they took a sledgehammer to the franchise. Oh well, at least it doesn't retroactively ruin the original!

They are really worth that much. They put it in theatres for a while then released it on dvd before adv and gainax basically said f u to the fans and stopped producing them. they're worth a lot just the discs themselves. the platinum collection is worth double that because of the remastered quality.

oh and the new rebuild is an alternate revision and is separate according to the maker. end of eva is the end of the original and this is an alternate revisioning which most people can't grasp at. still i'm waiting on 3.33 to be released. funi has to live up to their promise

Yeah, it's been out of print for a long while. Good god, I'd kill for an End of Eva Blu-ray...

And I, too, am sad that the new movies really shit the bed with 3.33. It's like they took a sledgehammer to the franchise. Oh well, at least it doesn't retroactively ruin the original!
end of eva blu ray with some director commentary a nice artbook and some other goodies like a unit 01 figurine would make a killing off of all the people busting their ass trying to cop just a disc and every other eva fan in the world who hates the rebuild which is subsequently a reimagining of the franchise apart from the anime and manga. doesn't make much sense but who cares. it's big and beautiful. only frustrating thing is that we may never see 3.33 released. it was slated for january then pushed to february and now tba 2014 which only leads me to believe either august or november. i thought they would release it on shinji's birthday which was in june but that wasn't the case. funi better deliver on the goods.

If you were like me and procratinated on picking up some NISA titles from TRSI sale, well you're out of luck. They raised the prices slightly and slapped a "No Coupon" and "No Membership Discount" on the titles this morning. Damn -_-

If you were like me and procratinated on picking up some NISA titles from TRSI sale, well you're out of luck. They raised the prices slightly and slapped a "No Coupon" and "No Membership Discount" on the titles this morning. Damn -_-
hmmm...weird. i placed a large NISA order early this morning and only a handful of the PEs didn't allow coupon/GA stacking now the majority don't. there are still some that are open like Fuse.

I did find it odd that the coupon did stack because they usually don't stack with items in the weekly sales, which is what I noted in a prior post, so I guess it was just a mistake, but this time I got lucky and they actually honored it, so whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! XD!

I did find it odd that the coupon did stack because they usually don't stack with items in the weekly sales, which is what I noted in a prior post, so I guess it was just a mistake, but this time I got lucky and they actually honored it, so whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! XD!
Well, it's Rightstuf, not RAC, sooooo....

BestBuy has a Sentai sale going on. Mostly average prices though I had a $5 certificate expiring soon so it worked out. (On my phone if someone else can post the nonwalloftxt link :p lol)

BestBuy has a Sentai sale going on. Mostly average prices though I had a $5 certificate expiring soon so it worked out. (On my phone if someone else can post the nonwalloftxt link :p lol)
It's not an all-inclusive Sentai sale, apparently--Pet Girl of Sakurasou isn't discounted. :bomb:

bread's done
Back