Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
That day when you walk in HPB and find 2 platinum and 2 original Eva's in mint condition for only 35 each, and just as you turn away you see end of Eva and death n rebirth mint for 7 each. I almost cried lol
Holy shit you made out like a bandit. The collections alone are worth top dollar let alone the platinum collection worth a crap ton more because of the supposed hd and higher audio. Death and Rebirth alongside End of Eva are so hard to find lol. Like i was saying above, I got End/Death for 30 bucks w/ free shipping and the rest of the series for about 170 with shipping charges

Bah, s-CRY-ed is awesome.
s-CRY-ed is fun, and a little homoerotic. It's about two dudes, who are clearly way more into each other than anyone or anything else. At the end of the story, some things happen to some of the other characters, but none of it matters. It's just about the constant tension between these two guys. A fun little romp, all told.

Needless is completely ridiculous. Whether you're into it or not is purely subjective. Just don't expect it to take itself seriously. I liked it, but I appreciated the over-the-top comedy.

Holy shit you made out like a bandit. The collections alone are worth top dollar let alone the platinum collection worth a crap ton more because of the supposed hd and higher audio. Death and Rebirth alongside End of Eva are so hard to find lol. Like i was saying above, I got End/Death for 30 bucks w/ free shipping and the rest of the series for about 170 with shipping charges
Yea every so often my local store will have something. Got kiddy rade and versus virus in the art boxes for 20 this weekend.

Is there any word on Ben-to or will it go the way of Sankarea. Seems like funi kinda gives up when mistakes are made.

and here I couldn't get motivated to spend $40 to finish my EVA collection like 5 years ago : P

I'm still hoping funimation gets the rights to it and releases a S.A.V.E. version as that is all the more I really need for the series... it can just hang out in my plat art box with disc one and it would be perfect o.o;

Yea every so often my local store will have something. Got kiddy rade and versus virus in the art boxes for 20 this weekend.

Is there any word on Ben-to or will it go the way of Sankarea. Seems like funi kinda gives up when mistakes are made.
let me know if you find anything good and i could wire money over or you can start your own ebay thing. that eva deal is killer. any good finds on gundam?

and here I couldn't get motivated to spend $40 to finish my EVA collection like 5 years ago : P

I'm still hoping funimation gets the rights to it and releases a S.A.V.E. version as that is all the more I really need for the series... it can just hang out in my plat art box with disc one and it would be perfect o.o;
any edition would be great. blu ray is more or less what i want. glad you have the plat art box. i want one so bad

any edition would be great. blu ray is more or less what i want. glad you have the plat art box. i want one so bad
I picked it up via one of the rightstuf 25 disks for $100 deals a long time ago...

I would have finished EVA that way, but the plat version was missing disk 5 on right stuff... and the other version doesn't line up right to replace it (in fact I likely would have finished eva 3 or 4 different times if the stupid releases had the same eps on the same disks -_-)

but alas, I don't find EVA to be anything special thus I never bothered to put effort into finish getting it, and now it's freaken expensive... I'll just continue to hope that it will come in where i work randomly... weirder things have happened (such as a bootleg version of all of kenshin, or various other shows from the 90s that I had barely heard of)

you can find eva bootleg for 25 bucks on ebay if you want it that bad. i think it's worth a purchase. then again im a self proclaimed biggest eva fan 

It's technically not as good as DNukem's deal, but an eBay seller agreed to just over $30 for each Toradora SE in brand-new condition. I had ~$11 in eBay Bucks, so that brought the total down to just under $49 after shipping. :bouncy:

Every time I see Toradora SE I think "special edition" and start to fly into a fit of unfounded jealousy for how much cheaper they were than when I initially bought both sets from NISA.  Thankfully, I generally catch myself before posting.

Speaking of Toradora, I sure wish they'd get my preorder in stock.

Every time I see Toradora SE I think "special edition" and start to fly into a fit of unfounded jealousy for how much cheaper they were than when I initially bought both sets from NISA. Thankfully, I generally catch myself before posting.

Speaking of Toradora, I sure wish they'd get my preorder in stock.
Yeah, I'm not that big a fan of NISA using "Premium Editions" over the typical "Special Editions".

Oh wow... I've had the full size version Eva Platinum set as well as the two movies for a long time and you guys just got me to go look them up x.x (holy cow)

Just noticed NISA added a Love Live Premium Concert Edition to their list of pre-orders. It includes the PE as well as a 2 CD 68 song OST. That is a lot of songs though I am not sure it is worth the extra cost.
It's been up on Rightstuf for a couple of months now, go figure right? XD

I rather just get my PE from Rightstuf nowadays since the bonuses aren't really that great on NISA outside of a meh poster, also I get charged tax there, also it's usually cheaper to begin with, so without tax even more savings! T___T

It's been up on Rightstuf for a couple of months now, go figure right? XD

I rather just get my PE from Rightstuf nowadays since the bonuses aren't really that great on NISA outside of a meh poster, also I get charged tax there, also it's usually cheaper to begin with, so without tax even more savings! T___T
No, this is a different edition that comes with the Love Live! Original Soundtrack - Notes of School idol days CD and Love Live! Weiß Schwarz card. It is not on TRSI (will it even be?).

EDIT: Bah, looks like TRSI is not going to budge on the NISA discount issue. I keep getting generic replies back. Ah well, this is what I get for procrastinating.

No, this is a different edition that comes with the Love Live! Original Soundtrack - Notes of School idol days CD and Love Live! Weiß Schwarz card. It is not on TRSI (will it even be?).
Oh, I see it now. For some reason when I clicked on the link earlier it brought me to the regular PE on NISA.

Wish Rightstuf carried that version though so it can be cheaper. T___T

EDIT: Bah, looks like TRSI is not going to budge on the NISA discount issue. I keep getting generic replies back. Ah well, this is what I get for procrastinating.
They're usually pretty good about honoring discounts if the orders have been already made, but they're as stubborn as a mule when it comes to giving them after a glitch has been fixed, but still that's fair compared to RAC. XD

Oh, I see it now. For some reason when I clicked on the link earlier it brought me to the regular PE on NISA.

Wish Rightstuf carried that version though so it can be cheaper. T___T
Yea same here! Although I am temped to go down the route of ordering all the Japanese LEs since they have English subs.

They're usually pretty good about honoring discounts if the orders have been already made, but they're as stubborn as a mule when it comes to giving them after a glitch has been fixed, but still that's fair compared to RAC. XD
Yea, I like I said, it is my fault for procrastinating lol. Ah well, you can't win them all!

so for any one piece fans in here...

Season 6 voyage 1 will be released sept 30th....... EXCLUSIVELY on amazon.com

yes you read that right EXCLUSIVELY

it will then be released at other retailers on November 18th.

Ah timed exclusives in the anime market... can't wait for them to figure out how to make DLC for anime :p

source

heh - RACS newsletter taking a couple swipes at Rightstuf...first mentioning that they have a lower price on the Sailor Moon reissue followed by:

While I can find endless things to pick on other Anime companies about, I rarely actually rag on any Anime series themselves. Every title has some redeeming qualities. Well, almost every title. For Space Pirate Mito, Lucky Penny is giving us the second half of the series for the first time, but since only the first 13 eps were previously dubbed, the second 13 eps of their release will be sub only. You're not missing anything though. I think honestly that in order to like Mito you have to be the kind of fan that absolutely covets ultra low production values, and like Mikey if you can watch Mito then you can watch anything. Back in the day the title used to be a favorite at cons for the 'Mystery Anime Theater 3000' reel, and even Lisa Ortiz as the dub voice for Mito couldn't save it from itself. When one fan asked me this week why Nozomi was bothering with it, I only responded that the license must have been really cheap.

Don't forget that most Nozomi & Lucky Penny titles are 40% off here at RACS everyday, and it's a good thing too. :)

heh - RACS newsletter taking a couple swipes at Rightstuf...first mentioning that they have a lower price on the Sailor Moon reissue followed by:
Lul. They got pep.

OT: I wonder how their anime DVD trade-in program is. I got tons of anime volumes to unload. But then its RACS lol.

he can't even get facts right...

Lucky Penny is giving us the second half of the series for the first time
my dvd collection has the second half of the series (it is indeed subbed as he assumes though) I also didn't manage to finish it because it was not dubbed (I have much better subtitle only shows out there to watch :p)

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, The Girl with the Blue Eye, Utena (that revolutionary girl), and the folks from Aria all think Robert is a moron because of that last sentence.  As for Mito, I'm willing to place a sizable bet that it sells more copies than anything that RAC's production company puts out this year.  I feel like he sits in his own little corner of the internet and assumes that the industry would fall apart without his beacon to guide it.

I discovered today that the Bunny Drop I ordered is NOT the premium edition.  I completely missed that even threatening to go out of print and just assumed that was what I was ordering (since both sites only show one listing).  I am disappoint.

Added Bakamatsu Rock (Sentai),  Blade Dance of Elementalers  (Sentai), and  Tokyo ESP (Funimation) to this season's licensed list

Also Nyaruko: Crawling With Love! Second Season (NIS America) to the other licensed list.

Posted my MovieStop pickups in the other thread, but I managed to get Ronin Warriors Complete Collection for just over $21.

So RACS is cheaper than Righstuf by $2.01. But it really isn't worth it if you consider shipping and the TSRI bonus coin.

Considering if you are only buying the LE version on it's own:

TRSI [$56.99 +tax if applicable]- LE edition, Free Shipping, Coin

RACS [$62.97 + tax if applicable] - LE edition, Economy Shipping

I'd preorder from TRSI

love me some love live. ><
mmhmm!

Posted my MovieStop pickups in the other thread, but I managed to get Ronin Warriors Complete Collection for just over $21.
I think I have to go lie down lol

Also, to anyone that wanted Funimation to include the box with their LE set instead of their CE set...: http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=93941&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Attack_On_Titan&utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=LimitedEdition_plus_Box&utm_nooverride=1

I think it is still a Funimation store exclusive though. Funny thing is that I saw countless people posting that suggesting on their Facebook.

Oh wow... I've had the full size version Eva Platinum set as well as the two movies for a long time and you guys just got me to go look them up x.x (holy cow)

I got the thinpak tin version of Eva Platinum. It's awesome.
Eva is expensive and plat is more expensive. Pays to collect i suppose. If the eventual blu ray release does indeed come I may let go of the originals and rake in the dough

mmhmm!

I think I have to go lie down lol
Also, to anyone that wanted Funimation to include the box with their LE set instead of their CE set...: http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=93941&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Attack_On_Titan&utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=LimitedEdition_plus_Box&utm_nooverride=1

I think it is still a Funimation store exclusive though. Funny thing is that I saw countless people posting that suggesting on their Facebook.
Awsome, but since they made a whole other item just for the box I Sure ill still just get the CE

And the price diff. Is like 16 $, clearly their way of saying just get the CE especially if it's funi store exclusive

So RACS is cheaper than Righstuf by $2.01. But it really isn't worth it if you consider shipping and the TSRI bonus coin.

Considering if you are only buying the LE version on it's own:

TRSI [$56.99 +tax if applicable]- LE edition, Free Shipping, Coin

RACS [$62.97 + tax if applicable] - LE edition, Economy Shipping

I'd preorder from TRSI
There's also the issue that RACS is a complete and utter waste of my time.

Just got home from work (and drinks) and received one of my orders from RS.

Shana S2: I expected the large BD case save box but my biggest complaint is the set does not have a slipcover like S1 did. Instead, the green SAVE logo is on the cover itself and is non-reversible. The set was cheap enough and have never seen the series though the box was pretty disappointing.

Short Piece: Love the slipcover and the artwork, can't wait to watch this with my friend.

Flowers of Evil. I picked this up on the last day of the Sentai sale. I saw it as one of the most pre-ordered items on RS all week and ended up giving in to the pressure. I watched about 5min of the series as it was airing and dropped it because I was turned off by the art style. I have been hearing good things about the series since it finished airing and after watching Ping Pong, decided to give it another shot with a blind buy.

Deadman Wonderland. I have never seen the series and am a bit put off when I heard it has an abrupt anime-original ending, but the set was cheap and I still heard some good things about it. I almost picked up the DVD set awhile back when I heard it was sort of discussed together with Future Diary as something that would probably not get a BD release thanks to Katokawa being afraid of reverse-importation. I was pretty happy when I heard the BD announcement. 

Looking forward to the Aniplex titles coming out next week and my Love Lab was just shipped out as well. 

~~~~~~~sobering up~~~~~~~

I didn't see it discussed yet but on another note! Funimation announced that they will be releasing a Limited Edition + Artbox version of Attack on Titan Part 2. This makes me happy since I have been wanting an artbox to house Part 1 but do not have any interest in the extras included in the collector's edition. Unfortunately the set is still $79.99 which is a bit pricier than the LE.

They also responded on this will be at "select retailers" so hopefully it will be available on RS soon. 

So I just bought Ai Yori Aoshi + Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi - Complete Set from amazon for $4.37 on amazon warehouse deals. Have no idea what condition it will show up in. I remember watching a few episodes when I was younger. Hope I enjoy it now! 

So I just bought Ai Yori Aoshi + Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi - Complete Set from amazon for $4.37 on amazon warehouse deals. Have no idea what condition it will show up in. I remember watching a few episodes when I was younger. Hope I enjoy it now!
If it's bootleg, just file a dispute. Don't let the bootleggers get away with it, IMO.

It was relatively highly regarded as a romance/harem show back then. But it's actually what started to turn me off to harem shows. This, and Girls Bravo. Aoi is just so boring, and their relationship so tame.

Edit: I did used to love listening to the voice actress though. Same girl that did Mahoro, and Saber.

If it's bootleg, just file a dispute. Don't let the bootleggers get away with it, IMO.

It was relatively highly regarded as a romance/harem show back then. But it's actually what started to turn me off to harem shows. This, and Girls Bravo. Aoi is just so boring, and their relationship so tame.

Edit: I did used to love listening to the voice actress though. Same girl that did Mahoro, and Saber.
heh girls bravo... I actually somewhat enjoyed it when I originally watched it as it came out... and then a few years later I rewatched it with the english dub... and god it was horrible. Not the dub... the show uncensored lol. I originally watched the censored version and it was way better as there are a lot of really drawn out horrible ecchi scenes in the show.

There really isn't any show I can link to my dislike of ecchi and harem shows though... mostly just the low quality of the stories in general as I can still watch some ecchi and harem shows... they just need to not be forcing panty shots every 20 seconds :/

Didn't catch this until now, as I have the initial batch with the artbox. But apparently Funimation has sent out the normal editions of the Shangri-La S.A.V.E. set out. But there's one major typo. Instead of saying "Shangri-La - The Complete Series" on the spine, it says "Product Title Goes Here - The Complete Series".

Link with images:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?28021-Shangri-La-Complete-Collection-%28S-A-V-E-Edition%29/page5&s=295de933055ae9f31ff3002f9465999c

If you email Funimation about getting one of those, they'll mail you a corrected one. But still funny that made it pass their QA department.

Shana S2: I expected the large BD case save box but my biggest complaint is the set does not have a slipcover like S1 did. Instead, the green SAVE logo is on the cover itself and is non-reversible. The set was cheap enough and have never seen the series though the box was pretty disappointing.
Yeah, just got mine after the post office holding it since Monday. Black Lagoon & Sekirei S1 & 2 sets were in the same type of casing. Kinda annoyed at the way the holder moves flipping through the discs(as they move around whileflipping through the discs). But that's probably a design problem with the case of that size.

Thats what im afraid of :( if anything im only out $4 and maybe have some extra dvd
cases
Yeah, be cautious, especially since it was so cheap. The Geneon one is usually around $50, due to being OOP. The Funimation one, at least for me, I've never seen below $15. So be wary and check the discs thoroughly when you get them.

bread's done
Back