Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious does TRS charge you for pre-orders? Thinking of snagging up that SM BR set.
Right Stuf doesn't charge for preorders. However they do ship things early to you so that's a heads up. I use to get releases a couple of weeks early but recently they have been up to date.

It depends more on the company; Sentai titles will usually ship a month before,while Funi will be much closer to the release date.

It used to be they shipped whenever they actually got the merchandise in. Dunno if that's changed or not.

I remember Viz used to send out their orders 1-2 months early if you bought from their shop. Used to get Zoids Chaotic Century months ahead that way.

wow the price of the Sailor Moon set went back to MSRP on Right Stuf.
Thursdays are new sales week day, so they probably changed their weekly specials, and that's not on the list anymore.

*Edit*
Just checked it, and it's out of stock now, and looks like it's been deactivated, which is probably why it's "MSRP".

Thursdays are new sales week day, so they probably changed their weekly specials, and that's not on the list anymore.

*Edit*
Just checked it, and it's out of stock now, and looks like it's been deactivated, which is probably why it's "MSRP".
It's instock and cheaper now as well 56.99
Guess I better get it now

Edit* yea that's weird I was checking cag and TRSI had it for retail then I dropped to 56.99, I think it gonna be that price at the end of all of this bc I managed to pre order it just now for 57.

It's instock and cheaper now as well 56.99
Guess I better get it now
I just looked and it appears they have two listings for it for some reason.

One has been deactivated, and the other has not. Only difference is the description, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't just change the details, and not have two listings for the same thing.

Well that's not confusing at all. @_@

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=smcombo1

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/R2B4pqLYGulSW=h1Of/browse/item/102860/4/0/0

I don't understand; is the Sailor Moon set actually limited?  The idea that Viz would do anything short of selling these things until the cows come home and finish living out the rest of their natural lives is absurd.

Edit:  There's two listings, but only the full price one shows up on a search.  I wonder if they're splitting them up into waves so they know how many coins and such they'll need.

I just looked and it appears they have two listings for it for some reason.

One has been deactivated, and the other has not. Only difference is the description, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't just change the details, and not have two listings for the same thing.

Well that's not confusing at all. @_@
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=smcombo1
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/R2B4pqLYGulSW=h1Of/browse/item/102860/4/0/0
Agreed lol I just went ahead a bit the bullet who knows what could happen later.

I don't understand; is the Sailor Moon set actually limited? The idea that Viz would do anything short of selling these things until the cows come home and finish living out the rest of their natural lives is absurd.

Edit: There's two listings, but only the full price one shows up on a search. I wonder if they're splitting them up into waves so they know how many coins and such they'll need.
I think they're still trying to roll everything over for their new sales week, and they're complete messing everything up.

That full price listing is working again for add to cart, but you might as well just order the cheaper sale price instead.

Their search is also incredibly slow, and sluggish, but I can actually only get the sale price one to appear as long as I'm not using the main search bar on the main page, and use the ones on a product page.

It's probably early sales week glitching.

I wonder what they are going to do with the two listings though, and which one they'll decide to go with. :p

Agreed lol I just went ahead a bit the bullet who knows what could happen later.
I'm not even sure they know what is happening, so yeah. :p

Do they charge right away or not until it ships? I guess I'll go ahead and order Sailor Moon now but I want to keep my options open in case someone else has it cheaper...

Knowing them they will do that at somepoint. Surprised were getting Arise this early though.
I noticed that they seem to be moving faster on future releases than they used to - right around the time I started complaining about the Railgun blus. ;)

Then again, we still don't have Fairy Tale collection 3 or 4 yet, so who knows?

Uggggh I went ahead and bought it. I hope I can get $20 or so for that coin, I might do well to hold onto it for a while since I imagine a LOT of people will be selling their coins when it first comes out.

Should have (include me) grabbed it when the LE was $30 on Amazon in April. Prices have skyrocketed now >.>
It actually dropped down to the low $20 range in the last month before it got discontinued since Funimation store themselves was selling them for $21 for the LE.

Wish I had picked up some extra copies during that time, T__T

It's out of print and doesn't look to go back into print anytime soon for some inexpicable reason, so $10 is a great price for it.

Ranma 1/2 Set 3 Packaging

BsyJqI9CIAAbljg.jpg

Yay for the final set to have Sarah Strange as ranma male, and the introduction of my favorite character, Ukyo, she's in front of Kodachi just barely.  I always saw Kodachi as this poor soul who would probably be a really sweet person if she had not grown up with such a fucked up dad, and brother.  She usually does things with the best of intentions, but then she adds something awful to screw it up.  Ukyo, on the other hand, just subtly goes after Ranma, she doesn't go after the other fiancees, and usually only just defends herself from them.  She's smart/sane enough to realize that Ranma will choose one of them eventually, and infighting is just making it annoying for him.

It's out of print and doesn't look to go back into print anytime soon for some inexpicable reason, so $10 is a great price for it.
Its so strange that they didn't release a version of the remastered first move that aired on Cartoon Network...

Funi is so damned weird. Their DVD only releases get a blu ray release later on, and now they have a combo pack that's only getting a DVD future release.
Yeah, that is weird. First the 2 seasons & OVAs of Baka & Test S.A.V.E. sets are DVD only, now Princess Jellyfish. It's probably a cost cutting method they're doing. But really annoying when you know the previous OOP sets were combo packs.

Also noticed something that was rumored for October is missing on the list. So I guess they still haven't got the right materials for Sankarea yet.

Just to clarify things Eva 1.11 did get a limited run that saw a foldout cover with Shinji and Rei with a purple inside and a holographic box. However, like the 2.22 slip cover it was discontinued. The DVD version saw 2 discs and the Blu Ray 1. Amazon had a pic of 2 disc blu ray but that doesn't exist. Nonetheless, I found one on Amazon for 15 bucks and was able to get a 10 dollar refund for the original so I paid 5 out of pocket. My 2.22 should be here tomorrow if not my Eva cel will be and i will share pics with all.

Last is Ranma 1/2 blu ray a limited thing or will it come down in price. I want to get into the series but the blu rays are a little pricey and may come down if they aren't limited. 

Also guys wait for the complete Hellsing collection before picking up the October release and previous release. Amazon has been heavily trying to get the first two releases off the shelves by discounting them more and more which only leads me to believe we'll have a Hellisng Ultimate collection to compliment my original tv series collection. 

Last is Ranma 1/2 blu ray a limited thing or will it come down in price. I want to get into the series but the blu rays are a little pricey and may come down if they aren't limited.
hmmm...i wouldn't consider $40 for a full season of remastered content to be pricey. i haven't heard of them being 'limited' but on the other hand, i'm not sure how many they're planning on printing. it's a great series and well worth the set prices.

Yeah, that is weird. First the 2 seasons & OVAs of Baka & Test S.A.V.E. sets are DVD only, now Princess Jellyfish. It's probably a cost cutting method they're doing. But really annoying when you know the previous OOP sets were combo packs.

Also noticed something that was rumored for October is missing on the list. So I guess they still haven't got the right materials for Sankarea yet.
Huh, I didn't realize they did that with Baka and Test as well. Since I already have all of them, I didn't pay much attention. The thing that I don't understand about this decision is that it makes sense only if you look at pieces individually, but not as a whole.

SAVE sets, anime classics, and all that jazz cater to the people that were interested in the show, but didn't want to spend the amount they wanted for the original release. So while it does lower the cost of the item by half, it also only contains half the items. Instead of looking like a price cut, it looks like a half-assed release. By comparison, Deadman Wonderland was released in an Anime Classics set and it gained the blu ray disc(s). If that show's numbers qualified it for a new release, why would they increase the cost of production by adding the blu ray? If anything, they should take their combo packs and split up their reprint quantities across both formats. Then have a SAVE blu release and a SAVE dvd release. That way they can cater to both halves of the people that passed on the show earlier.

My point (which I confess I'm not getting across as clearly as I had hoped) is that if they feel that they need to remove the blu ray discs in order to make a profit on these particular SAVE sets, why spend the money to release them at all?

bread's done
Back