Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so ugly... At least it's in a chipboard box.

I feel like they should have gone with 3x cases that hold 3 disks each.

I actually didn't realize it's bluray only. That's my own fault.

Erm, when I go to pay, it says it can only be used on my phone. Does that mean if I change phones or want to redownload a manga to my computer instead I have to rebuy it?
As far as I know VIZ does not have an app to view manga on your pc. You can read your purchased manga online through the vizmanga site. Right now I'm looking at the same volume on my tablet and pc web browser without any problems. The only thing this does not let you do is download your manga to multiple devices.

For those that don't want to watch a video here are some pictures. Per duckydan @ br.com

I like the slipbox but hate the case. And I agree no reason they couldn't have used a regular amaray case.

Got my set today (thanks to this thread... random google search pointed me here last week as I didn't even know it was coming out and was curious if it existed!). While I won't get to watch it until tonight (my daughter wants to see it as well) here's the photos of how it arrived.

The case is pretty flimsy (nothing arrived damaged... Amazon can learn a LOT about packaging things from RightStuff that's for sure)

Here's some photos:

Cardboard Outter Box
20140804_172143_Android_zps8fddea32.jpg
20140804_172156_Android_zps51f85411.jpg
20140804_172151_Android_zps616a99f1.jpg

Booklet (Episode Guide)
20140804_172205_Android_zps82191cb7.jpg
20140804_172218_Android_zpsa14e74e9.jpg

Plastic Clamshell and Discs
20140804_172230_Android_zpsa61b6c80.jpg
20140804_172235_Android_zpsf0c53491.jpg
20140804_172246_Android_zpsfd2684b5.jpg
20140804_172251_Android_zpsf1c6f46d.jpg
20140804_172259_Android_zpsd5b73dd7.jpg

That's some woefully cheap-looking packaging for such an expensive set.  But at least the show is great!

That's some woefully cheap-looking packaging for such an expensive set. But at least the show is great!
I totally agree with you on the cheap-looking packaging. Not that I would be seeing that case while it is sitting on the shelf, but I'm just worried that the inside of the case would get destroyed (Like those pics from RAC) and I would have to go through the hassle of an getting an exchange/replacement case. Even though Rightstuf is great about helping out I still hate doing it.

Other than the cheap looking case it looks pretty great IMO. The nostalgia factor and shiny art box/book almost makes me want to throw down the money.....

I just got the gundam wing collection 2 I ordered off of gohastings for $20.   Do you guys like having individual volumes or sets?  I've been thinking of swapping out my gundam wing and gundam 00 volumes for complete sets to save a little space.  I'm probably don't need to, but it's something I'm thinking about.

Any tips for looking for bootlegs on ebay?  I was looking at this one and this one, and was wondering.  I'm going to have to keep more of a watch on ebay for the first gundam series.   That's going to be a hard one to find.

It varies from season to season, but I have actually been collecting the individual volumes and putting them in standard-size 5/6-disc cases. Ends up having mis-matched cover art, but saves a lot of shelf space.

Kinda off-topic, but I'm in Japan right now for JET, and anime is hella cheap used. As in, DVD volumes for 300-500 yen. 

I just got the gundam wing collection 2 I ordered off of gohastings for $20. Do you guys like having individual volumes or sets? I've been thinking of swapping out my gundam wing and gundam 00 volumes for complete sets to save a little space. I'm probably don't need to, but it's something I'm thinking about.

Any tips for looking for bootlegs on ebay? I was looking at this one and this one, and was wondering. I'm going to have to keep more of a watch on ebay for the first gundam series. That's going to be a hard one to find.
I used to have all the USA released Gundam shows in individual volumes. I ended up selling them and getting the Anime Legends versions of each series (Well, except Unicorn).

Both seem legit going on the description but they both use stock photos. The only tips I can give it compare the official Bandai Anime Legends boxart to your auction (however, Endless Waltz, Stardust Memories, War in the Pocket, 08th MS Team, F91, and Char's Counter-Attack all have two variations of cover art). Make sure the sets are Region 1 (Region free = fake). No official sets have Chinese subtitles, only English and Japanese (well except Unicorn).

Psst, help me get some cheap Love Live! BD LE volumes!
He said DVDs. Blus are still really expensive there. I was hit up Nipponbashi like 5 times when I was in Osaka at the end of last year, and it was balls expensive even for used blus. Used anime DVDs were pretty cheap though. :*(

It's always been blus that were crazy expensive in Japan. Just ask dv8! I was at his house, and we ate pizza! :p

He said DVDs. Blus are still really expensive there. I was hit up Nipponbashi like 5 times when I was in Osaka at the end of last year, and it was balls expensive even for used blus. Used anime DVDs were pretty cheap though. :*(

It's always been blus that were crazy expensive in Japan. Just ask dv8! I was at his house, and we ate pizza! :p
Yuck. I've been really slacking on getting the LL BDs...and I am paying the price lel. I think I may just give up and just get the NISA set.

It's quite annoying that DBZ s5 remains at $35 everywhere...

I wish the blu ray movies would go on sale too.
22.50 at rightstuf

Movies on sale as well but it'll probably be cheaper during the 12 days of Xmas...if they are on the list

22.50 at rightstuf

Movies on sale as well but it'll probably be cheaper during the 12 days of Xmas...if they are on the list
Nice, I'll pick up s5 and s6.

Anyone with experience with the DBZ movies recommend the blu rays over the dvds? I'm reading mixed reviews online as some say you are better off buying the 5-pack and 4-pack DVDs and saving money.

Nice, I'll pick up s5 and s6.

Anyone with experience with the DBZ movies recommend the blu rays over the dvds? I'm reading mixed reviews online as some say you are better off buying the 5-pack and 4-pack DVDs and saving money.
We'll they are just up scaled I believe. I opted for the movie packs (also were on sale during TRSI Xmas sale) as they were a great deal cheaper especially vs buying 6 or 7 blu rays (7 @ 20$ -- 140$ vs 3 @ 20$ -- 60$). You are buying the blu season sets tho soooo, personal choice in the end.

Psst, help me get some cheap Love Live! BD LE volumes!

EDIT: Boo on double post
Like Square said, blus are still expensive. But it depends on the volumes I think. Most volume ones are 800-1500 yen, then for some reason the rest of the volumes are like 4000+. I've only explored my local Lashinbang, but there's a Mandai Shoten (anime warehouse, it is glorious) near my work area.

This is what I bought today though if anyone's interested:

[attachment=7140:IMG_1631.JPG]

[attachment=7142:IMG_16332.jpg]

[attachment=7143:IMG_1632.JPG]

[attachment=7144:IMG_1634.JPG]

I just saw the DBZ Battle of Gods movie yesterday and boy was I pleased with how funny it was. I can't wait to buy it on blu ray
I tried to go see it yesterday with some friends, but it was sold out. :cry:

It really surprised us that it sold out in our area! We ordered our tickets on Fandango for this afternoon though. Super excited!

Saw it yesterday as well. Hilarious, though blowing it up on the big screen ended up making the animation cheats stand out a lot more.

I think Toriyama has been wanting to make Vegeta goofy for years.

Said this in the PM thread, but if anyone wants to meet up at Otakon, I'll be in Baltimore tomorrow. I'll pretty still hit up CAG in some way so I can check in here when need be. :p

Well, I had a couple of new listings at Amazon UK I wanted to let the import folks know about.  Now for the drill, sets require a player that can play Region B discs, prices shown are in GBP and include VAT (so you'll need to add to cart and convert the price to dollars to know what it will cost you).

Kill la Kill - I was a bit disappointed in the price for Kill la Kill, until I realized that they will be releasing it on around half the number of sets being released in the US.  From reading what the angry blokes had to say about the price, it sounds like this is MSRP.  So there's still a chance that the price will drop before release if you want to keep an eye on it before deciding.

Kabukimonogatari - There's still no entry for Monogatari White, which concerns me a bit that they're moving on to this one.

Also, Last time I was messing around on Amazon UK I noticed that I can choose to pay them in US dollars (with them charging me the transaction fee instead of my credit card) which locks it in at that US price.  Does anyone have any experience with using this feature?  I was debating about doing it, but it seems like it'd be a real pain to get price adjustments on sets that haven't been shipped yet.  I also can't imagine that the GBP-USD ratio fluctuates enough to save me any significant money by using this.

Well, I had a couple of new listings at Amazon UK I wanted to let the import folks know about. Now for the drill, sets require a player that can play Region B discs, prices shown are in GBP and include VAT (so you'll need to add to cart and convert the price to dollars to know what it will cost you).

Kill la Kill - I was a bit disappointed in the price for Kill la Kill, until I realized that they will be releasing it on around half the number of sets being released in the US. From reading what the angry blokes had to say about the price, it sounds like this is MSRP. So there's still a chance that the price will drop before release if you want to keep an eye on it before deciding.

Kabukimonogatari - There's still no entry for Monogatari White, which concerns me a bit that they're moving on to this one.

Also, Last time I was messing around on Amazon UK I noticed that I can choose to pay them in US dollars (with them charging me the transaction fee instead of my credit card) which locks it in at that US price. Does anyone have any experience with using this feature? I was debating about doing it, but it seems like it'd be a real pain to get price adjustments on sets that haven't been shipped yet. I also can't imagine that the GBP-USD ratio fluctuates enough to save me any significant money by using this.
If you check MVM Entertainment's online store they have a listing for Nekomonogatari White with release date of 11/25/14, They are also showing a Bakemonogatari complete collection listing and the Toradora Blu Ray with dub.

I'm tempted to hold on on buying Nekomono and Monotogari second season to see if they do another complete collection.

I found this post with their scheduled releases for the rest of the year.

http://animeblurayuk.wordpress.com/2014/08/05/mvm-entertainment-reveals-q4-2014-line-up-introduces-a-few-surprises-including-samurai-champloo-on-blu-ray/

Cool, thanks for letting me know that.  Hopefully Amz will put it up eventually.

Amazon UK also has a listing for Spirited Away on region B blu ray that was put up fairly recently.  I suspect that it will be released in the US at some point, but if you don't want to wait it's an option.

I had a brainfart moment.  I bought Air: The Motion Picture for $15 used or so earlier today but forget to check eBay because it's...eBay.

I guess I have to remember that they exist when RightStuf, SS and FYE, dvdplanet, and DD don't have it.

It's cool that the Nisekoi Bluray is coming with the card pinups and poster. Surprised there's no dub though, this was a show I was betting would have received one. 

While I love the design and animation of Nisekoi, I can't bring myself to purchase. :lol: Also, great extras.

I loved Nisekoi but from what I hear from manga readers, its a huge tease.
The Manga.....could've been done a while ago. But nope. Just adds more girls and are tiptoeing on the damn matter.

It was pointed out that Aniplex is doing the same thing they did with Valvrave, they're basically charging $10 per an episode.   Which this is, just from the listing, a bare bones disc w/ no bonus content besides the packaging.

Which after doing some searching, for some reason, the home video release more censored than the broadcast version for some reason.

As for the manga, yeah, huge freaking tease.  124 chapters in with no clue who the promise was made to and more girls thrown onto Raku's harem pile.

I loved Nisekoi but from what I hear from manga readers, its a huge tease.

While I love the design and animation of Nisekoi, I can't bring myself to purchase. :lol: Also, great extras.

The Manga.....could've been done a while ago. But nope. Just adds more girls and are tiptoeing on the damn matter.
yeah, but it is doing very well in japan in sales

i also like other animes done by shaft, i like like their design/ and art style

Yea, it is a huge tease (probably due to editors I bet) but I still find it quite enjoyable.

Would have preferred Viz had licensed this.

It was pointed out that Aniplex is doing the same thing they did with Valvrave, they're basically charging $10 per an episode. Which this is, just from the listing, a bare bones disc w/ no bonus content besides the packaging.

Which after doing some searching, for some reason, the home video release more censored than the broadcast version for some reason.

As for the manga, yeah, huge freaking tease. 124 chapters in with no clue who the promise was made to and more girls thrown onto Raku's harem pile.
speaking of valvrave, i actually enjoyed it,

bread's done
Back