Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I find Niseikoi charming. True, it has little plot progression and Status Quo is God is in effect, but it's still entertaining and I await each chapter in SJ Alpha.

Just finished viewing Sailor Moon Episodes 1, 2, 8, and 10.

The dub is so far pretty good. Mercury and Mars sounded aa good as the originals. Moon was great, but I kept hearing Orihime and loved Terri Hawkes, so it takes some getting used to. Tuxedo Mask sounds a bit too deep, but he hasn't had too many lines yet. The script was very accurate, but even inaccuracies were well written (such as Umino's "Over 9000" reference).

Overall a very good dub.

Bebop is coming in December. Both Amazon and FUNi.com will have different exclusive Premium Editions.

FUNi acquired everything Haruhi and Lucky Star as well as the Strike Witches and Steins;Gate movies.

Two different store exclusive premium editions for Cowboy Bebop? Their current model of releasing multiple collector's/premium sets for the same release is starting to wear very thin with me.

Good, been wanting S2 of Haruhi  but the prices have climbed too high for legit Bandai copies.  Although I'm not seeing an announcement about the Disappearance movie, so one thing is still unlicensed(and it's the most expensive one atm).

As for the two premium editions of Bebop, so no premium edition for Rightstuf again.  Atlhough they probably will get some kinda bonus hopefully.

While I really want Bebop on Blu, I just hope the two premiums are similar since I don't want to buy two copies.

Glad to hear about Haruhi and Lucky Star. Bring on Nichijou now!!

No Code Geass blu ray date set along with the Cowboy Bebop one?
Given that FUNi has had Haruhi and Lucky Star for less than 24 hours, they are likely still working on rights on Code Geass. And given how big the show is, I bet FUNi wants to do Premium Editions too.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/09/release-date-for-cowboy-bebop/#sthash.cYs6FUws.dpuf

This is what Funimation has on their website

Release Date for Cowboy Bebop
Posted by Michelle on 08/09/2014 at 3:10pm
One of the most asked questions at our booth all year now has an answer. Cowboy Bebop will be releasing on home video in December!

Fans will have four options for purchase:
o DVD standard edition
o Blu-ray standard edition
o Amazon Exclusive BD/DVD Premium Edition
o FUNimation.com Exclusive BD/DVD Premium Edition

The two Premium Editions will each feature different packaging and premium items, but their precise details will be announced later.
- See more at: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/09/release-date-for-cowboy-bebop/#sthash.cYs6FUws.dpuf

End quote

info from Fellini912 @ bd.com

More editions of CB for me to buy? Come on, Remix was supposed to be the best. I'm not made of woolongs.

I just got back from Otakon and yeah, I was totally psyched about Bebop's release being this year. While at the panel when Funimation said  "we just got this approved this morning" someone shouted out "GUNDAM!!!!!!" and yep, you can imagine the disappointment when it wasn't that. Not that I hate Haruhi but I think I had enough of it the first time it came around. Lucky Star on the other hand will probably be a double dip for me.... pertaining if that hits Blu or not.  Oh, and the Steins;gate movie! I forgot S;G even had one so I'll probably grab that when it comes out too.

Other than that, most of my con was spent helping my friend at their artist's alley table and dear lord I totally feel for anyone here with retail jobs or dealers room duty at cons. That shit got rough. Not to mention that we sold out of almost everything that involved Jojo's Bizarre Adventure which just floored me. People love themselves some Jojo!

PS. After three weeks of unemployment, I got word during the con that I'm finally employed again. If I disappear just remember... I'll always be watching. ;)

I just got back from Otakon and yeah, I was totally psyched about Bebop's release being this year. While at the panel when Funimation said "we just got this approved this morning" someone shouted out "GUNDAM!!!!!!" and yep, you can imagine the disappointment when it wasn't that. Not that I hate Haruhi but I think I had enough of it the first time it came around. Lucky Star on the other hand will probably be a double dip for me.... pertaining if that hits Blu or not. Oh, and the Steins;gate movie! I forgot S;G even had one so I'll probably grab that when it comes out too.

Other than that, most of my con was spent helping my friend at their artist's alley table and dear lord I totally feel for anyone here with retail jobs or dealers room duty at cons. That shit got rough. Not to mention that we sold out of almost everything that involved Jojo's Bizarre Adventure which just floored me. People love themselves some Jojo!

PS. After three weeks of unemployment, I got word during the con that I'm finally employed again. If I disappear just remember... I'll always be watching. ;)
Maybe Funimation is working on getting Gundam. :D

I just got back from Otakon and yeah, I was totally psyched about Bebop's release being this year. While at the panel when Funimation said "we just got this approved this morning" someone shouted out "GUNDAM!!!!!!" and yep, you can imagine the disappointment when it wasn't that. Not that I hate Haruhi but I think I had enough of it the first time it came around. Lucky Star on the other hand will probably be a double dip for me.... pertaining if that hits Blu or not. Oh, and the Steins;gate movie! I forgot S;G even had one so I'll probably grab that when it comes out too.

Very excited about the steins;gate movie, and congrats on employment! Let it allow you to spend even more on anime lol

Congrats on being employed again. I share the disappointment with those guys that were hoping for Gundam. Though I love that Lucky Star got acquired.

Maybe Funimation is working on getting Gundam. :D
I hope so

Thanks, guys!

Speaking of the Funimation panel, they gave us con-goers a 10% coupon that was OTA10 (expires on the 15th). They also mentioned that Funimation Elite subscriptions are $54.95 for I believe a limited time. I'm not sure if this code would work with the subscription but I might try it later.

I'd get it if I could price match it at bestbuy, but my local one did away with their anime section when they went to the small store.  I dunno, but I'd get it just because it's from the creator of Hunter x hunter, and I'd be willing to take a chance on it, because it seems pretty hilarious.

I guess this is a bit off topic, but has their been any news on a "Battle of the Gods" DVD/Bluray release in NA?  I went in with pretty high expectations Saturday and was still blown away.... it would be criminal for the English dub to not see a release sometime in the near future.

It will happen someday. It's just a matter when. Could be next year, the year after, or ten years from now.
You talking about DBZ or Gundam? It'll really suck if I have to wait 10 years to see that movie again.

I have no idea what the distribution rights would look like, I just know that they were the cause it took so long to even get Battle of the Gods in theaters. I'm hoping that if they worked that out they can get a DVD/Bluray release to us without much delay.

At any rate, I'm at least grateful Nick/Viacom didn't get their hands on it to butcher it like they did DBZ Kai. I'm guessing Fox would be in charge of any NA video release?

Last edited:
I guess this is a bit off topic, but has their been any news on a "Battle of the Gods" DVD/Bluray release in NA? I went in with pretty high expectations Saturday and was still blown away.... it would be criminal for the English dub to not see a release sometime in the near future.
I'm guessing funimation was waiting to see how well the movie did in theaters before announcing any dvd plans. Given it's destroying theaters it wouldn't be surprising if they delayed the dvd release and did a second theater run.

I'm guessing funimation was waiting to see how well the movie did in theaters before announcing any dvd plans. Given it's destroying theaters it wouldn't be surprising if they delayed the dvd release and did a second theater run.
Are there any numbers for how it did in NA yet? I know I went in an hour early Saturday and it'd already sold out..... but that was the only weekend showing in our entire state. Still, I've never seen a movie sold out before and people were still clamoring for tickets right up until it started. I wouldn't even try to speculate what the weekday showings looked like..... I know those weren't an option for anybody working a standard 9-5.

Are there any numbers for how it did in NA yet? I know I went in an hour early Saturday and it'd already sold out..... but that was the only weekend showing in our entire state. Still, I've never seen a movie sold out before and people were still clamoring for tickets right up until it started. I wouldn't even try to speculate what the weekday showings looked like..... I know those weren't an option for anybody working a standard 9-5.
yeah... I would have to search for the numbers but I know it did over 1 mil on thursday alone, sold out completely and was the 5th highest grossing movie that day despite being in a fraction of theaters compared to the rest in the top 10.

edit: sorry it was a tuesday and 6th info here

aug 5th: 6th place $1,072,600

aug 6th: 6th place $865,204

Aug 7th: 11th place $263,765 (a lot less showings)

no info beyond that yet but I imagine the weekend numbers were decent.

Rojas mentioned at the Funi panel at Otakon that DBZ Battle of Gods was doing "really well" and that they are considering on continuing it's theatrical run. I was kind of shocked that they didn't do a showing during Otakon but they opted to do the One Piece Z movie instead. =S

You talking about DBZ or Gundam? It'll really suck if I have to wait 10 years to see that movie again.

I have no idea what the distribution rights would look like, I just know that they were the cause it took so long to even get Battle of the Gods in theaters. I'm hoping that if they worked that out they can get a DVD/Bluray release to us without much delay.

At any rate, I'm at least grateful Nick/Viacom didn't get their hands on it to butcher it like they did DBZ Kai. I'm guessing Fox would be in charge of any NA video release?
I was referring to Gundam. DBZ DVD/Bluray is a given, seeing how it is one of Funi's money makers.

I hope they don't. I hope Viz does. Gundam deserves a proper release.

GB already goes a bluray. We probably won't see it over here though
I don't care who gets it as long as it's not Aniplex or NIS America and that it comes here.

bread's done
Back