Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a good deal for Cowboy Bebop? I've never actually seen it but it's on my plan to watch list. A couple ofpeople have told me is excellent though

Is that a good deal for Cowboy Bebop? I've never actually seen it but it's on my plan to watch list. A couple ofpeople have told me is excellent though
well yes. We don't know the difference between the Funimation Premium or the Amazon Edition but I doubt the Funimation Premium will be cheaper than this.

There is also going to be a standard set if you want to wait but I would just preorder the Amazon Edition because you can always cancel it.

I was referring to Gundam. DBZ DVD/Bluray is a given, seeing how it is one of Funi's money makers.

I don't care who gets it as long as it's not Aniplex or NIS America and that it comes here.
I dont want NISA either. A part of me wants Aniplex for all the goodies. I'd settle with VIz though. Heck, depending how their premium editions do, even Sentai.

I dont want NISA either. A part of me wants Aniplex for all the goodies. I'd settle with VIz though. Heck, depending how their premium editions do, even Sentai.
I would rather is be Viz. Someone us can't crap out the money that NISA or Aniplex want.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/under-the-dog

Under the Dog is described as a sci-fi action thriller that will “explore what it means to live and die well,testing the limits of all we hold dear”. The film takes place in the year 2025 in the city of Tokyo Bayside Special District, five years after a terrorist attack on the Summer Olympics. In reaction, the U.N. has formed a special cover branch located in Tokyo Bay with the goal of seeking out and eliminating these terrorists.
$580K for 24 min episode

$1.16M for 2 24 min episodes

$1.74M for 3 24 min episodes

$5.1M for 90-120 min film

I say buy it unless you really need it on blu-ray along with being split into 2 sets.
Went ahead n bought it, may still get the blu if it's LE.

>>> also amazon and funimation premium editions is pretty much a scrub move. An f-u to TRSI and fans in general.

Went ahead n bought it, may still get the blu if it's LE.

>>> also amazon and funimation premium editions is pretty much a scrub move. An f-u to TRSI and fans in general.
Pretty much, it is a money grab. Personally I don't care who has it. I like RS but I'm not a loyal to just any one company or seller. Whoever has it the cheapest or something I like is who gets my money.

Considering how rabid the fanbase is for Bebop I can't blame them for wanting to get every bit of money they can out of it.

Deep Discount is having a 15% off coupon today only, enter HAMMOCK.

I'm looking at MAOYU for $25, too bad it's sub only and on one disc but at least it's blu ray.

Has anyone had luck with returning items with defective discs to Rightstuf even though it was ordered almost a year ago?  I bought Infinite Ryvius from them last October and finally got around to watching it last week (damn backlog).  I didn't have a problem until I got to the last DVD and it skips about 5 minutes into episode 25.  The disc itself looks fine so I'm wondering if this is one of the bad burns that some Bandai DVDs had problems with.  I'm going to either call or online chat with RS tomorrow to see if they can do anything since its most likely a defective DVD and Bandai is gone.  I'm betting I'm probably SOL since its been 10 months, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Has anyone had luck with returning items with defective discs to Rightstuf even though it was ordered almost a year ago? I bought Infinite Ryvius from them last October and finally got around to watching it last week (damn backlog). I didn't have a problem until I got to the last DVD and it skips about 5 minutes into episode 25. The disc itself looks fine so I'm wondering if this is one of the bad burns that some Bandai DVDs had problems with. I'm going to either call or online chat with RS tomorrow to see if they can do anything since its most likely a defective DVD and Bandai is gone. I'm betting I'm probably SOL since its been 10 months, but I'll give it a shot anyway.
Never hurts to try! That is one of my biggest fears, especially one my rare sets lol. If anything, go nab a cheap volume from Amazon.

Rojas mentioned at the Funi panel at Otakon that DBZ Battle of Gods was doing "really well" and that they are considering on continuing it's theatrical run. I was kind of shocked that they didn't do a showing during Otakon but they opted to do the One Piece Z movie instead. =S
The theater in my area showing the DBZ movie is just slightly out of the way so I decided to pass but now that you mention one piece, I would totally go out of my way to see One piece Z. With the DBZ movie doing well, maybe there will be more to come in the future.

Has anyone had luck with returning items with defective discs to Rightstuf even though it was ordered almost a year ago? I bought Infinite Ryvius from them last October and finally got around to watching it last week (damn backlog). I didn't have a problem until I got to the last DVD and it skips about 5 minutes into episode 25. The disc itself looks fine so I'm wondering if this is one of the bad burns that some Bandai DVDs had problems with. I'm going to either call or online chat with RS tomorrow to see if they can do anything since its most likely a defective DVD and Bandai is gone. I'm betting I'm probably SOL since its been 10 months, but I'll give it a shot anyway.
Try RS first and if they will not do it try contacting Sentai about it. I had this happen with a Black Butler set I got from Amazon and Amazon wouldn't do anything but funimation sent me a replacement disc without a problem.

Dunno but Gundam is my all time favorite series. I want it to get the star treatment. Heck, I'd even buy the Japanese BDs if they had at least subtitles.

Try RS first and if they will not do it try contacting Sentai about it. I had this happen with a Black Butler set I got from Amazon and Amazon wouldn't do anything but funimation sent me a replacement disc without a problem.
Sentai won't do anything about it. They only rescued it from Bandai, they haven't re-released it yet. His only option is to contact TRSI or buy a single volume off Amazon/eBay.

Wind Rises on the 18th? Awesome. Very good movie. 

Back from holiday. Hope everyone is well. All my packages came in while i was gone. Gundam Wing Endless Waltz, Gundam Wing Complete Operations Box Set, Full Metal Panic Box Set, Eureka Seven Part 1 Limited Edition, and FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa LE 

The "I wonder what it has" part is what's stopping me from preordering lol
right? Funi has one and Amazon has one. Both have different collectibles inside. I hate that type of thing. Only collectibles I can think of are playing cards, lithographs, soundtracks and digibooks.

Well it is Funimation. Don't be too excited.

I'm guessing the extras for the Amazon one will be a pack of Marlboro's with a picture of Spike on it and a Steve Blum autographed post it note. 

Wow, this...actually seems to be true. Awesome. And 11/18 is probably the date for all 3.
I'm pretty excited about these. So much Anime coming out I'm going have to sell a organ just to get them all.

Wind is on Amazon right now and the other two are on Buy.com.

Probably because they were on sale. You shouldn't worry much, they'll go down in price soon enough. Unless, you have to have it right now.
Kinda hoping to buy myself a birthday present and not have to give an arm and leg. Not saying that 3-10 is too much of a difference but if I'm going to buy multiple titles the money saved can buy a third for example. It's whatever though, I think if you buy something from Amazon and then tell them hey it came down this much after they'll give you that much back in credit

Cannot confirm this though but I'd assume it would work.

Why did anime take a price hike on amazon.com? Some titles jacked up by 3-5 dollars and some more than 10? What happened.
Outside of price matching other stores, it's typical of Amazon to raise prices on items for a few days and then lower them back to their original sale prices.

Cue Randy Savage Jesus voice.

Any good complete series recommendations? Not overly expensive but good.

On Amazon? Black Lagoon, samurai champloo,soul eater, Fma brotherhood,steins;gate (classic edition out Sept 30). All of them are about 30 each atm (brotherhood 2 parts)

Anyone think the DBZ movie blus will go on sale by Black Friday? I looked on camelcamelcamel and the last time they were all cheap was 3-5 years ago. By cheap I mean under $15. This is Amazon of course. 

Anyone think the DBZ movie blus will go on sale by Black Friday? I looked on camelcamelcamel and the last time they were all cheap was 3-5 years ago. By cheap I mean under $15. This is Amazon of course.
Who knows. I thought they were on sale last year, back when each season was $15?

Funimation announced their November releases

High School DxD New (S2)

Toriko DVD Collection 2

Certain Magical Index S1

One Piece Season 6 Voyage 1

Yamada's First Time SAVE Edition

Funimation announced their November releases

High School DxD New (S2)
Toriko DVD Collection 2
Certain Magical Index S1
One Piece Season 6 Voyage 1
Yamada's First Time SAVE Edition
Been waiting for that dxd, awesome

Up for preorder on RightStuf btw. But I feel it will drop from 52 to 42 at some point

bread's done
Back