Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, this show is all the rage in this thread now and it came completely out of nowhere. WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?? lol
Probably nothing if you don't like the genre haha. :)

It has some good names attched to it.

Takahiko Kyōgoku (episode director on Un-Go, Accel World) directed the anime at Sunrise. Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes, Nichijō) was in charge of the series scripts, and Asako Nishida (Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl, Vampire Knight) served as character designer and animation director.

Probably nothing if you don't like the genre haha. :)

It has some good names attched to it.

Takahiko Kyōgoku (episode director on Un-Go, Accel World) directed the anime at Sunrise. Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes, Nichijō) was in charge of the series scripts, and Asako Nishida (Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl, Vampire Knight) served as character designer and animation director.
Yeah, either haven't heard of them or didn't like most of the animes you mentioned. I did look up the wiki and seemed like another idol anime or... something.

Yeah, either haven't heard of them or didn't like most of the animes you mentioned. I did look up the wiki and seemed like another idol anime or... something.
Yeah it's an Idol anime. So if you're not into that genre then this is a no go.

I'm tempted to get that just because it is Nis, and ma not have a chance to get it at a fair price again.

Buuuuuut, didn't like the show at all, and I am staying away from buying things just to have them.

I started WUG, still like Love Live! more. WUG isn't bad. Also started Locodol. That is pretty decent as well.

There is only one card bud. :) How I wish there were more.

If there is anyone who doesn't want there card code and willing to part with it please PM me.
What are these codes for? Is it inside the collectors box or some kind extra pack in?

On NIS Americas website they have a list of there anime. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was ALL of the titles they have put out, as I've been considering collecting them all.

On NIS Americas website they have a list of there anime. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was ALL of the titles they have put out, as I've been considering collecting them all.
Yup, their website has a list of all their animes they have ever released in the US. You can also see how out of print pe look like. nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=a
The only title that expired for them is Persona TS.

Yup, their website has a list of all their animes they have ever released in the US. You can also see how out of print pe look like. nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=a
The only title that expired for them is Persona TS.
Do you know if they all had standard versions bc it seems those will be the easiest to find.
Thanks btw

Got mine today from NISA, love it. Also got HAL in as well.
attachicon.gif
Picture 039.jpg
attachicon.gif
Picture 042.jpg
Was it covered the whole time with the membership discount?

What do you guys think of Black Butler?  I dropped by Half Price Books and found  Black Butler Season 1 disks 3 and 4 for $2 each.  I think that is part 2 of season 1.  Is there a big difference between Black Butler and black butler book of circus?

I also got Robotech New Generation complete Collection for $3 on clearance.  I got the first series 2 weeks ago and now the 3rd.  I just need the middle series.

What do you guys think of Black Butler? I dropped by Half Price Books and found Black Butler Season 1 disks 3 and 4 for $2 each. I think that is part 2 of season 1. Is there a big difference between Black Butler and black butler book of circus?

I also got Robotech New Generation complete Collection for $3 on clearance. I got the first series 2 weeks ago and now the 3rd. I just need the middle series.
Book of Circus is Season 3.

As for the series, it is OK, although there is a lot of you fangirl-bait.

GO!!! get one love live on rightstuf now back in stock only 18 left
I managed to snag one yesterday after seeing your post!

Still hasn't shipped yet though.

Edit: I got a shipping confirmation just now as I checked again lol

Anyone order from second spins Amazon page? I'm looking at a limited edition set. I sent a message to ask if it has the box, but I mean condition wise and all.

Are the Ranma 1/2 blu-rays a good upgrade?  I have the first 2 seasons on dvd and was wondering if it was worth the upgrade?  It's not my usual type of anime that I watch, but it is a classic from what I heard.

Are the Ranma 1/2 blu-rays a good upgrade? I have the first 2 seasons on dvd and was wondering if it was worth the upgrade? It's not my usual type of anime that I watch, but it is a classic from what I heard.
The remaster is really well done and the sets line up nicely together. That being said the series itself doesn't really go anywhere and I found myself getting burned out a bit by the end of the second season. It is a fun show though and if you want to complete the said I would say they are worth the upgrade.

The remaster is really well done and the sets line up nicely together. That being said the series itself doesn't really go anywhere and I found myself getting burned out a bit by the end of the second season. It is a fun show though and if you want to complete the said I would say they are worth the upgrade.
I am tempted to upgrade, just not sure if I'd watch it that much. I heard it gets kind of repetitive in the later seasons. Did it ever have a conclusion, or do you have to check out the manga for the true finish?

I grabbed the first season and while it was good visually (for as old as it is), it just didn't click with me. I ended up selling it to my friend. erehwon, from what I heard, the anime had a bits of filler and It eventually stopped before it could completely adapt the manga. meaning you would have to read the manga to see the actual ending.

Noticed that Right Stuf dropped the price on the Love Live set. When I ordered it was at $58 and I just checked it's down to $52. Only $4 more than the original cost of the site.

I am tempted to upgrade, just not sure if I'd watch it that much. I heard it gets kind of repetitive in the later seasons. Did it ever have a conclusion, or do you have to check out the manga for the true finish?
Well, there wasn't much of a driving plot in the manga either, but I don't believe Ranma and company ever find a cure for their condition even in the manga.

The 3rd season is actually a bit better, if you want to give it a shot.  Fourth is decent, but stop after that, for sure.  (you can stop after season 3 if you watch in english though because ranma's voice is recast, and it's horrible)

Nice High School of the Dead set! I already own the previous release, but this might warrant a rebuy. One of the more entertaining/fun anime titles I've seen in the last few years. 

Because of all the Love Live talk:

http://youtu.be/5a18VHkClVE
That actually isn't a bad cover. I would like to see an english dub of this show one day. Probably will never happen though. At least a dub of the songs.

She has a fair number of English covers on her YT channel, my favorite being Platinum, the 3rd OP to Cardcaptor Sakura.

http://youtu.be/pQxlgrinMKU

Lol you don't know Rumiko Takahashi too much do you? Nope the ending in the manga isn't even an ending. The anime doesn't get to said ending either. I don't remember them finding a cure for the curse but its been awhile since I've read them all.

Hey, Inu Yasha, Maison Ikoku (both in anime, and manga), and the some of the mermaid stories had real endings.  Technically, Ranma 1/2's manga did have a mostly definitive ending, it just isn't the one you expect.  I dunno about Uresei Yatsura, I could never get into it.

Lol you don't know Rumiko Takahashi too much do you? Nope the ending in the manga isn't even an ending. The anime doesn't get to said ending either. I don't remember them finding a cure for the curse but its been awhile since I've read them all.
During the last volume of the manga, the Jusenkyo guide brings the cure as a wedding gift. But Happosai screws it up by drinking all of it

You know that he would'nt have gotten it anyway, he would've ended up fighting every other cursed character over it (except Taro), and it would've ended up spilled.  Though, technically, they could probably have all had the chance to bathe in it, though common sense who's ever heard of that.  (though if it were a fair thing Ranma would've had Akane, Shampoo, Ukyo, and I don't know how many others fighting on his side to be normal, hell, even Soun, Kasumi, and Nabiki could be convinced to help as a wedding gift)

bread's done
Back