Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Inu Yasha, Maison Ikoku (both in anime, and manga), and the some of the mermaid stories had real endings. Technically, Ranma 1/2's manga did have a mostly definitive ending, it just isn't the one you expect. I dunno about Uresei Yatsura, I could never get into it.
The problem is how she drags her work out. Watching Ranma which am enjoying so far is obviously going to get stale considering it based around one joke. I really don't see how she thought she would keep it fresh at 38 volumes. Inuyasha honestly didn't need to be 58 volumes. On top of the ending being anticlimactic,what she did with Naraku was just a kick in the balls for people who liked him(I thought he was a terrible character).

Thanks for the opinions on ranma.  I would probably try to go to season 3 and probably stop after that.  I think I might trade in those dvd sets for the blu-rays.

Forget to mention that RS will be shipping the LE for AoT S2 today.

[attachment=8079:AoT S2 LE.jpg]
right stuf just posted this on their facebook can't wait to get my hands on it.

I had to call to change my card info and they said that they got them in and will be shiipping tomorrow (today).

The problem is how she drags her work out. Watching Ranma which am enjoying so far is obviously going to get stale considering it based around one joke. I really don't see how she thought she would keep it fresh at 38 volumes. Inuyasha honestly didn't need to be 58 volumes. On top of the ending being anticlimactic,what she did with Naraku was just a kick in the balls for people who liked him(I thought he was a terrible character).
Sorry, I wasn't saying she didn't go about it badly, I just was saying she gave them endings.

Yeah, my card was charged today for AoT. I also had the Panty and Stocking Anime Classics version on my order too so I guess that's out now too. Ashila, I haven't seen any decent deals for it lately but I think you just missed the Funimation promo for it a few weeks ago (although it could still be going on). It's currently $30 on RS and $32 on Amazon for the standard Blu version

Yeah, my card was charged today for AoT. I also had the Panty and Stocking Anime Classics version on my order too so I guess that's out now too. Ashila, I haven't seen any decent deals for it lately but I think you just missed the Funimation promo for it a few weeks ago (although it could still be going on). It's currently $30 on RS and $32 on Amazon for the standard Blu version
I saw the promo, but the shipping killed it for me. Thanks though

dvdplanet has a 10% off coupon code that expires tonight.Didn't go through everything,but Tiger&Bunny is 21.35 after using the code.
Appears to work for Attack on Titan part 2 blu, thanks! I'll update if it doesn't ship

Comes out to 26.73 with shipping, how reliable is DVDplanet on pre-order shipping time? Never ordered from them before

Edit: Ha maybe I won't have to pay for shipping, they have some good prices for some DC animated movies

Edit2: How have I never shopped here before? Some of these prices are pretty damn good

Appears to work for Attack on Titan part 2 blu, thanks! I'll update if it doesn't ship

Comes out to 26.73 with shipping, how reliable is DVDplanet on pre-order shipping time? Never ordered from them before

Edit: Ha maybe I won't have to pay for shipping, they have some good prices for some DC animated movies

Edit2: How have I never shopped here before? Some of these prices are pretty damn good
If they have it in stock, they'll ship pretty fast. If not, it could be many many months.

If they have it in stock, they'll ship pretty fast. If not, it could be many many months.
Hopefuly not months! Well I went in expecting just AoT part 2, came out with quite a bit more so free shipping. DVDplanet's price w/ the 10% coupon (24.74) is slightly better that Funimation's was during their sale, so if anyone is still looking to preorder thats probably the place to do it.

Pre-orders usually go out a few days before release. It will say how many days until it ships. In-stock merch ships frequently while Waiting means it will take a while.

Got this in the mail.

"Big Shot" Newsletter!

Sign up and be FIRST to see the Premium Edition box art, official trailer, Cowboy Bebop related news, and FUNimation special offers & discounts!

cowboy-bebop-big-shot.jpg

Can't Wait? Pre-order Cowboy Bebop Today and Own it for the First Time Ever on Blu-ray December 16th!

FUNimation Exclusive Premium Edition

• Complete TV series on Blu-ray and DVD (combo pack)
• Exclusive Limited Edition tri-fold packaging in the style of a vintage record cover
• Display easel for packaging
• Four exclusive art cards
• One additional exclusive art card with foil-stamp autograph from series director Shinichiro Watanabe

Amazon Exclusive Premium Edition

• Complete TV series on Blu-ray and DVD (combo pack)
• Exclusive Limited Edition clamshell art box
• 140 page black and white art book featuring concept sketches and designs that highlight Cowboy Bebop's origins
• 48 page vibrant, full-color art book

^ Yeah, the original Blu Ray release was way more expensive and had fancier packaging. I don't need that crap and the price only ever went in the $35ish range a few times. The anime isn't amazing by any means but it's hilarious yet so wrong at the same time to the point that it's enjoyable.

Ashila, DVD Planet is a sister site to Deep Discount which I'm sure you are probably familiar with. Similar to Deep Discount, everyone will either love them or hate them. All of the anime i've ever gotten from them were packed with care while two Blus I got for my mom for Christmas came in pieces and it took them until January to replace it. Either way, since it's not the holidays they probably won't screw you over. :p Oh, and they do ship fast.

Ashila, DVD Planet is a sister site to Deep Discount which I'm sure you are probably familiar with. Similar to Deep Discount, everyone will either love them or hate them. All of the anime i've ever gotten from them were packed with care while two Blus I got for my mom for Christmas came in pieces and it took them until January to replace it. Either way, since it's not the holidays they probably won't screw you over. :p Oh, and they do ship fast.
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to see how they do with this order.

I've ordered many times through dvd planet and deep discount and I would say that out of 10 times only 1 order that I received came damaged.It was girls under panzer and through dvd planet but they sent me another copy quickly so I was very pleased.

Via https://twitter.com/aniplexUSA/status/510925907507564544

The Gurren Lagann TV Series is Coming Back on Blu-ray! Vol. 1 will be available on 11/11. Pre-orders start this http://aniplexusa.com/gurrenlagannbd/

GURREN LAGANN TV Series
Blu-ray Vol.1
Coming 11/11

Disc Specs
Languages: Japanese & English
Subtitles: English
Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen
Episodes: Episodes 1-5
Number of Disc: 1 BD disc
Total Run Time: Approx. 125 min.
Rating: 13 UP

Bonus Contents
■Textless Opening and Ending
■Episode 5 Preview (OA version)

Bonus Materials
■16-page Booklet: Interviews with Creators & Illustration Gallery
■2-sided Poster

SRP $59.98
Sales Price $49.98
GURREN LAGANN TV Series
Blu-ray Vol.2

Coming 12/9

Disc Specs
Languages: Japanese & English
Subtitles: English
Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen
Episodes: Episodes 6-10 (& Episode 6 On Air Version)
Number of Disc: 1 BD disc
Total Run Time: Approx. 150 min.
Rating: 13 UP

Bonus Contents
■Textless Opening and Ending

Bonus Materials
■16-page Booklet: Interviews with Creators & Illustration Gallery
■2-sided Poster

SRP $59.98
Sales Price $49.98

Doesn't surprise me that they would split the show up like that. Hell they don't seem to be including any of the extras from the import set.

Between this and the Ultimate Edition from the UK, Gurren Lagann has become a stupidly expensive series, just like Kill la Kill. It feels like everything has a Gainax (Trigger) premium now, ugh. THANKS, ANIPLEX. 

I still have my pre-order on the UK version for roughly $150 USD (now it's $176). Although, being jobless I'm debating on cancelling it. =/

Ugh 5 sets (I estimate), at $60 a set.  They are still on crack. (I say this because the first is 5 and the second is 6, so the remaining 16 will probably be on 3 sets)

wait gurren lagaan complete is like 25 bucks on ebay is this different?
Yea basically just a blu instead of dvd. It'll b 5 sets so around 250$. The import was just pretty with extras, movie and ova. Still def not worth the stupid price ( http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=anzx61616175 ). From what I've seen the thin Bandai is the cheapest, next being the set boxes, dvd import, blu import. Then if they rerelease the movie etc......

Aniplex being Aniplex smh

Oh. Aniplex. Noooo.
http://youtu.be/UfZA-lNy3Tk

I'm not sure what makes me more sad; the information about the release or the realization that it will still probably sell well.

I wish they would release their sales number just so we could see on how many people were ripped. :lol:
The thing is that most of the people buying these sets feel it's a fair price(just going off of the ANN forums). So to them their getting a bargain.

Do I double dip on TTGL blurays?

I feel conflicted.

I kinda want all the goodies that release has.

Either way, it's good that more people finally have a chance to get them! I know I would've regretted not buying the import if I passed it up earlier this year.

The crazy prices on certain import sets are just a means of primarily Japanese companies avoiding reverse-importing.

Prices for media in Japan have always been higher than the U.S. and European markets. DVD and Blu-Rays are especially susceptible to this scenario. An anime DVD in the U.S. normally costs half of what the same comparable disc would cost in Japan. And in the U.S. it is much more common for series to get released in bargain-priced full season sets, where that practice happens much more rarely in Japan.

Basically, Japanese media releases focus on quality, while the U.S. is much more focused on quantity. Not really unusual, it speaks to a basic cultural difference that has been around for quite some time.

In the past few years, the tough economy that has been hitting a lot of the world has also had a lot of Japanese consumers eyeing U.S. media releases enviously. And there has been a growing trend of U.S. anime releases getting sold to Japanese customers. Since most U.S. releases include the original Japanese language tracks, they aren't missing out on anything. Full season sets can be acquired for a fraction of their Japanese counterparts, justifying the extra shipping costs of importing.

The import prices on certain sets aren't actually inflated. They are the same as what the Japanese audience is paying, with a little extra on top to cover shipping. They aren't trying to gouge U.S. customers, they are just providing price parity with the Japanese market, and refusing to license for a U.S.-specific release. They are concerned that a U.S. release would cannibalize sales of their Japanese product.

This whole thing is just an unfortunate consequence of the way that the market is structured.

TL;DR Aniplex USA licensed anime is Japanese pricing. :p

It's also worth noting that a lot Japanese DVDs/Blus are split up intentionally for rentals as few of them can afford to buy anime. Last time I checked, Amazon Japan had a lot of third party sellers selling most of our releases (unless they finally cracked down on that). When comes down to AoA's pricing, they are aware that we are cheapasses. Hell, we are on Cheap Ass Gamer... but since we've been spoiled by Funimation's low prices of anime and the occasional sales from Viz/Sentai stuff, we are obviously going to be upset when AoA comes out of nowhere and starts to overprice anime for more than what we're used to.

Honestly, I don't see them ever leaving here as I doubt they are losing any profit from us. I think they just want a presence here as they know their animes will be pirated or streamed illegally so I guess they figure something is better than nothing. 

PS. I won't hate you if you buy AoA releases but I am envious of your salaries. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00DZP1C40/ref=tmm_blu_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&sr=1-1&qid=1410738749

dont know if this show is good or not but did a blind buy sankarea for 14.99 + 3.99 for shipping only 9 left
Don't know how to feel about the prices considering the Sankarea situation and all. But if it's all legit the show Is pretty good and worth that price IMHO. It's described as a zombie love story and I watched it straight through with no problem. The only issue is that it's "edited", although you're not missing much of anything from the uncut.

No way I'm paying for GL again. If the GL CE was reprinted... maybe, but it's the same artwork from the Bandai release. No deal for me. Personally, I like the box that opens up like the robot's mouth.

bread's done
Back