Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless I'm mistaken, a few Amazon Lightning Deals were the only real standouts last year, and I think NISA had a Black Friday sale on their online store. Right Stuf has their 12 Days sale every year, but that's closer to Christmas.
the last few years right stuff has done their black friday sale and then had that lead right into the 12+ days sale without removing the black friday sale so you could combine the two. Last year I recall a number of shows that they put one version on sale for X amount, and then during the 12 days sale another version of the show for X-$5 amount >,<.

Viz just tweeted me back.

"@Pikagreg @animetoday The Gargantia release uses the final Japanese Home Video masters. The original streaming simulcast was broadcast."

I am still waiting for my copy to be sent since I have other backordered items. Can anyone else confirm? Someone posted earlier that the release contained the broadcast version.

"@Pikagreg @animetoday The Gargantia release uses the final Japanese Home Video masters. The original streaming simulcast was broadcast."

I am still waiting for my copy to be sent since I have other backordered items. Can anyone else confirm? Someone posted earlier that the release contained the broadcast version.
Interesting that they deny it when someone in this thread confirmed that it was the broadcast version earlier. Something is off here for sure...

Manga UK still hasn't tweeted me back but it seems most of us tweeted them after I did... soooooo, I'm sure they know now too.

I find it strange that Viz would go through the trouble of dubbing Gargantia without using the blu-ray footage for the release. Maybe it was unintentional as it wouldn't be the first time.

Edit: I think I prefer Ledo in the broadcast version though Amy looks a bit better in the blu-ray I think.
You should prefer Ledo in the broadcast version. In case anyone is confused (because it is unusual), that page is comparing the improved TV version to a Blu-ray that was given away for free before the show aired.

RAC... you're new around here. Although I have a feeling on who you are. ;)

EDIT: Where is this image anyway?

Those are some pretty small improvements if you ask me. I honestly wouldn't be upset about getting either version. Although it seems the home releases are usually better. Guess everyone's different.

You should prefer Ledo in the broadcast version. In case anyone is confused (because it is unusual), that page is comparing the improved TV version to a Blu-ray that was given away for free before the show aired.
well that makes a ton of sense now lol. I didn't know there was a special release before the series aired.

You didn't get the LE?
They probably meant slipbox.

I know a lot of people call it a slipcase. ahhh....
:speaktothehand:

I noticed a lot of Europeans call it that over at br.com

Slipcover or slipbox = keep it simple is what I say.

It appears that most if not all of mine are being sent stupis UPS MI. I greatly dislike that when they ship them that way.
same. it just makes things take longer because if there is a scheduled delivery day it won't be delivered until that day. My package is in Fontana, CA about 2 hours from where I live. Not a single update all day to today. SDD-Saturday the 4th smh

same. it just makes things take longer because if there is a scheduled delivery day it won't be delivered until that day. My package is in Fontana, CA about 2 hours from where I live. Not a single update all day to today. SDD-Saturday the 4th smh
Yeah it sucks. It appears that they have they have now switched to UPS MI. Which is dumb because it takes longer. It has to be handeld by UPS then passed on the USPS. I mean just send it media mail then. Oh well it'll get here when it does. I just wish the tracking info would update faster.

Yeah it sucks. It appears that they have they have now switched to UPS MI. Which is dumb because it takes longer. It has to be handeld by UPS then passed on the USPS. I mean just send it media mail then. Oh well it'll get here when it does. I just wish the tracking info would update faster.
Exactly. UPS has to hand it off and then they have to process it. Tracking takes forever and the whole shipment takes that much longer. Media Mail is so much faster and secure imo. It's cheap, easy and quick. Ah well hopefully it comes in tomorrow and not Saturday because mail on Saturday at least for me doesn't come till closer to 5 and if I'm out and there is a package they just leave it at the doorstep smh

That sucks, where did you get yours from? Mine was from Dr. Deals with no issues.
Clover media because it was the only one I saw that was under $15... I feel sad because everyone else got good condition copies... Well my copy isn't in terrible condition and it still looks okay to me so I'm not going to mope about it...

Clover media because it was the only one I saw that was under $15... I feel sad because everyone else got good condition copies... Well my copy isn't in terrible condition and it still looks okay to me so I'm not going to mope about it...
I'm sure they have good customer service so if you shoot an email maybe they'll give a partial refund in credits or send you a new one and tell you to keep the old. When I was collecting the original FMA the same thing happened to me in that it was dented bad. Sent me a new one with many apologies

I'm sure they have good customer service so if you shoot an email maybe they'll give a partial refund in credits or send you a new one and tell you to keep the old. When I was collecting the original FMA the same thing happened to me in that it was dented bad. Sent me a new one with many apologies
Thanks for the tip. I left them feedback from Amazon so maybe they might respond to it because it's their only 3/5 review. I don't even think they have any other copies since they aren't listed on Amazon so might not get a replacement...

Thanks for the tip. I left them feedback from Amazon so maybe they might respond to it because it's their only 3/5 review. I don't even think they have any other copies since they aren't listed on Amazon so might not get a replacement...
Well your best bet at this point is just send a quick email and thank them for their service, fast shipping, and the have nots. Mention that it had a dent and if there is anything they can do about it. Throw in that you think they might not have a replacement and you just wanted to make them aware in case others got it or it happens in the future and they need to switch up their packaging.

Eden of the East. The series is very good with a few minor issues. The first movie is pretty good. The second not so great.

All said, series is best of the bunch. I think by a fair margin. 

Eden of the East is from the same guy who did Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and the plot is just as high quality.

My version is definitely not the final Japanese home video master unless that posted comparison is backwards or they got rid of any edits from the first BDs and the JP home video release. It matches up perfectly with the TV release side of the pictures.

I guess i'll find someone with the JP BDs and put it to rest.

A little more from the Amazon Canada, Courtesy of WTK:

Amazon.ca

via TFP forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_Mullin
Sale supposedly ends October 5, prices are in Canadian $ (currently 10% cheaper than the US $), and shipping for those of us in Canada is free over $25. I've added amazon.com prices for comparison (CA$ vs US$)

* The Devil is a Part Timer - Complete Series Limited Edition (Blu-ray + DVD) $42.99 ($40.29 on .com) In stock.
* The Devil is a Part Timer - Complete Series Regular Edition (Blu-ray + DVD) $39.49 ($40.18 on .com) In stock

* Gatchaman - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] $69.49 ($82.29 on .com) Sold out, 3-5 week wait
* Gatchaman - Complete Collection DVD $62.99 ($75.64 on .com) In stock

* Girls Und Panzer: OVA Specials (Blu-ray) $21.49 ($25.78 on .com) In stock

* Happiness: Complete Collection (dvd) $25.99 ($36.35 on .com) In stock

* Inu Yasha: The Complete Movie Collection [Blu-ray] $8.49 ($22.24 on .com) Sold out, 3-4 week wait

* K: The Complete Series (Blu-ray + DVD) $15.49 ($50.40 on .com). Sold out, has a 3-4 week wait.

* Vampire Knight: The Complete Series, Season 1 $21.49 ($30.66 on .com) In stock
* Vampire Knight Guilty: The Complete Series, Season 2 $26.99 ($29.96 on .com) In stock
Of course there is now a complete set for Vampire Knight ($34.99), so no surprise these two are on sale.

* Zetman: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) $23.99 ($39.00 on .com) Out of stock, 10-12 day wait

Gargantia is a different case than most. The first two episodes of Gargantia were released on disc as a promotion before it was broadcast, so it's actually the broadcast version that has the cleaned up art. Look at the comparison images and you'll see the broadcast version looks better.

Eden of the East. The series is very good with a few minor issues. The first movie is pretty good. The second not so great.

All said, series is best of the bunch. I think by a fair margin.
Have to agree, starts off very strong and starts to taper off with the movies. Ending wasn't very satisfying to me

A little more from the Amazon Canada, Courtesy of WTK:

Amazon.ca

via TFP forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_Mullin
Sale supposedly ends October 5, prices are in Canadian $ (currently 10% cheaper than the US $), and shipping for those of us in Canada is free over $25. I've added amazon.com prices for comparison (CA$ vs US$)

* The Devil is a Part Timer - Complete Series Limited Edition (Blu-ray + DVD) $42.99 ($40.29 on .com) In stock.
* The Devil is a Part Timer - Complete Series Regular Edition (Blu-ray + DVD) $39.49 ($40.18 on .com) In stock

* Gatchaman - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] $69.49 ($82.29 on .com) Sold out, 3-5 week wait
* Gatchaman - Complete Collection DVD $62.99 ($75.64 on .com) In stock

* Girls Und Panzer: OVA Specials (Blu-ray) $21.49 ($25.78 on .com) In stock

* Happiness: Complete Collection (dvd) $25.99 ($36.35 on .com) In stock

* Inu Yasha: The Complete Movie Collection [Blu-ray] $8.49 ($22.24 on .com) Sold out, 3-4 week wait

* K: The Complete Series (Blu-ray + DVD) $15.49 ($50.40 on .com). Sold out, has a 3-4 week wait.

* Vampire Knight: The Complete Series, Season 1 $21.49 ($30.66 on .com) In stock
* Vampire Knight Guilty: The Complete Series, Season 2 $26.99 ($29.96 on .com) In stock
Of course there is now a complete set for Vampire Knight ($34.99), so no surprise these two are on sale.

* Zetman: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) $23.99 ($39.00 on .com) Out of stock, 10-12 day wait
Alot of that stuff has already gone back up in price.

Got my shipping notice for the Stein's Gate Complete Edition from Amazon.  I'm still debating whether or not I want to keep this.  I know it's supposed to be a good series and all, but because I haven't seen it yet, I really don't have a strong inclination towards it.  I like to purchase series that I know I'll rewatch.  Guess I'll do a bit more research without trying to spoil myself about the plot.  

Got my shipping notice for the Stein's Gate Complete Edition from Amazon. I'm still debating whether or not I want to keep this. I know it's supposed to be a good series and all, but because I haven't seen it yet, I really don't have a strong inclination towards it. I like to purchase series that I know I'll rewatch. Guess I'll do a bit more research without trying to spoil myself about the plot.
As far as blind buys go Steins;Gate is a pretty safe bet. Starts out a little slow on purpose, but (imo) a very very good show.

Steins;gate got some hate because it's first and second halves are very different. It goes from laid back with geeky comedy then it gets its pretty dark out of nowhere. It all makes sense if you watch it all, but I guess some people bailed on it and refused to finish the series. That's just my input on it. I think its a great series and it makes a lot more sense that the anime is in a complete set rather than 2 parts thanks to this. Once it hits that particular point, keep watching it. It's worth your time. 

Yay my shipment came in of SEED Volume 6 and 08th MS Vol 2. Both with inserts. Waiting on Gundam The Movie II and gonna reorder Volume 4 for the insert and sell off all my doubles to FYE once again

Pre-ordered Steins;Gate and got my shipping confirmation on Tuesday iirc. Saw it posted here as a low price for a pre-order and decided to snag it since I have heard good things. Ordered some other Blu-ray with it to bump it up to free SS Shipping.

Yesterday I took advantage of a coupon for B1G1 on sub-$25 used at Vintage Stock that I saw posted on the game deals. Since I have two stores in town, I went to both to see what they had. Came out with The Slayers season 1 (DVD) and FMA Brotherhood OVA Collection (Blu) for $14.34 at the bigger location and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (DVD) and My Neighbors The Yamadas (DVD) for $16.16 at the smaller store. FMA was still sealed, and all of the other ones looked like new.

Ironically I found a bigger variety at the smaller store, so I had a harder time deciding what to get there. I debated getting both parts of the second season of School Rumble for $20 total, and saw Evangelion 2.22 (DVD) [no slip] for $10 and From Up on Poppy Hill (Blu) for $17. Would have likely gotten most, if not all of it, but the coupon was restricted to only one free copy (or one set of two items).

Pre-ordered Steins;Gate and got my shipping confirmation on Tuesday iirc. Saw it posted here as a low price for a pre-order and decided to snag it since I have heard good things. Ordered some other Blu-ray with it to bump it up to free SS Shipping.

Yesterday I took advantage of a coupon for B1G1 on sub-$25 used at Vintage Stock that I saw posted on the game deals. Since I have two stores in town, I went to both to see what they had. Came out with The Slayers season 1 (DVD) and FMA Brotherhood OVA Collection (Blu) for $14.34 at the bigger location and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (DVD) and My Neighbors The Yamadas (DVD) for $16.16 at the smaller store. FMA was still sealed, and all of the other ones looked like new.

Ironically I found a bigger variety at the smaller store, so I had a harder time deciding what to get there. I debated getting both parts of the second season of School Rumble for $20 total, and saw Evangelion 2.22 (DVD) [no slip] for $10 and From Up on Poppy Hill (Blu) for $17. Would have likely gotten most, if not all of it, but the coupon was restricted to only one free copy (or one set of two items).
You can get evangelion w/ slip on half or amazon for a few bucks more. Alls you gotta do is just email the seller and ask if they have it and more than likely they will. That's how i got mine since it was oop.

bread's done
Back