Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Came in today. Expecting another package on Monday
SSBzq0C.jpg
Great show

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
No branding on the side(the last 2 I got were also like this)

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
The fold tabs no biggie

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
6 boxes wrapped and shoved very tightly in the box (not the blood dvd) pretty much had to tear open the other side to get them out.

>> Futanari; I typically love the huge orders, everthing comes in a big box neatly stacked with plenty of side impact cushioning.
lol that packaging looks awful.

Big orders of just non NISA anime stuff is usually good. But if they ship a big order to me with NISA LE sets and/or artbooks, something always gets damaged.

I've also have received a few things that were clearly damaged before shipment (my Guyver BD set had tons of water damage but nothing else was wet or even looked wet). Lately, I have been calling RS out on their shotty packaging. Now every receipt I get says, "Please check condition before packing for shipment" hehe

Took another trip to MovieStop. No super gems, but did pick up both Eva Rebuild movies on Blu-ray, Angelic Layer V6, Sailor Moon S V1/6, Paradise Kiss 1-3, Nana Set 2, Scrapped Princess Volume 5, and Dragonball GT V6-10 set (along with the Blu-ray Extended Editions of Two Towers and Return of the King) for $72. Wuv MovieStop.

SSBzq0C.jpg
Isn't that the show with Lanipator on the dub?

lol that packaging looks awful.

Big orders of just non NISA anime stuff is usually good. But if they ship a big order to me with NISA LE sets and/or artbooks, something always gets damaged.
My NISA stuff from the sale came in fine condition, Sigh I guess I'll live. Also to note they didn't put one of those "this box was packed by -insert name- cards."

anyway I feel likes I've taken up enough posting space without a deal so:

Robs anime corner store has kamisama kiss LE on sale for 64.99. And yes I know how this group feels about racs lmaoo

http://www.animecornerstore.com/kamisamakiss.html

...So is Eccentric Family any good?
I haven't seen it, but everything I've read makes it sound very good. I've seen it compared to Natsume's book of Friends and Ghibli films. If those are the first kind of comparisons that people make then it should be worth it. I know I'll be getting the blu rays at some point, but no folding fan for me on a 13 episode series.

SSBzq0C.jpg
Ahh, Nobunaga's Ambition the way I remember it.

Idk it's weird bc my sailor moon came in this box with hella wrapping which is fine bc it's only one thing, diabolic lovers came in a bubble mailer and my dxd s2 came in this one as well but again it was just the one dvd. Mayby they don't like me :(
Diabolik Lovers is out? Dec 2nd was the DVD release date on their site.

If he got it from RS then it probably came in early. If RS gets an item early they usually ship it on the next ship day. I got my Stella Women's Academy almost 2 weeks early.

[quote name="Frozdragon" post="12242454" timestamp="1416090087"]

image.jpg
No branding on the side(the last 2 I got were also like this)

I hate this new packaging cause I got this type with the sailor moon LE w/coin. Sailor Moon box arrived with a dent line on the front and now I have to pay to send it back and replacement... I hate when I have to send stuff back to rightstuf because it costs a lot and typically they send me the new box and send a packing label...

Nah, the timer was for that day, I remember because I was counting it yesterday too to see when to post the new one, and it was down to 1h at that time, but I couldn't wait, so I said screw it and went to sleep, but this morning they've added time to the counter. :*(
square, you are awesome, but I have to say you are wrong this time. They didn't sneak in anything it was from the start all weekend... I complained about it the minute it went up :p

*awaits for square to post some stuff that it turns into a solid deal* :p

hastings is such a pain to look for stuff unless there is a specific item I am looking for ><;

new megadeal on right stuff is My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering at half off... and it lasts all weekend long :(
see :p

Brandon Heat is DA MAN! are you watching it on blu ray?
nah i own the og geneon dvds with the fold out posters and the limited edition volume 7 with the post cards.

gungrave is so awesome. can't tell you how much i cried at the end. it's just amazing. the fights are also really good for being pure guns and martial arts. music is top notch. godfather meets anime

I hate this new packaging cause I got this type with the sailor moon LE w/coin. Sailor Moon box arrived with a dent line on the front and now I have to pay to send it back and replacement... I hate when I have to send stuff back to rightstuf because it costs a lot and typically they send me the new box and send a packing label...
Yup I feel you, with that though they at least wrapped it to hell.

rightstuf ships early

That's why I like RS. I got Oda Nobuna almost a month before it's suppose to come out. It's mostly Sentai stuff that you get early.

Diabolik Lovers is getting a bluray with English Dub sometime next year.

nah i own the og geneon dvds with the fold out posters and the limited edition volume 7 with the post cards.

gungrave is so awesome. can't tell you how much i cried at the end. it's just amazing. the fights are also really good for being pure guns and martial arts. music is top notch. godfather meets anime
I was shocked in the elevator scene I did not see THAT coming and yea I let out a tear or 2 at the ending as well.

square, you are awesome, but I have to say you are wrong this time. They didn't sneak in anything it was from the start all weekend... I complained about it the minute it went up :p
It's okay, I tend to be missing things a lot this year with grad school and teaching two courses this semester, so my brain is not processing the way it usually does. Doesn't change the fact it's still a screw job though. :*(

It's okay, I tend to be missing things a lot this year with grad school and teaching two courses this semester, so my brain is not processing the way it usually does. Doesn't change the fact it's still a screw job though. :*(
it does not, I wanted near deals every day.... but to be fair their so called mega deals are just 50% off random things so in general really not much better then the prices during the normal 40% off sales (especially if said sales allowed got anime membership discounts)

but alas we know that this is just a teaser from rightstuf, and the real sale starts at the end of the month.

I was shocked in the elevator scene I did not see THAT coming and yea I let out a tear or 2 at the ending as well.
That scene killed me. Did not see it coming. Pulled the rug from under us and just hit us.

Bunji vs Heat was also an amazing fight.

The theme song is fucking awesome

ima iru kono basho wa suri heru dake no GEEMU"

sore nara ore wa tada warau dake de kateru hazu

Also never forget this amazing quote: Life and death are two sides of the same coin. Anyone can take life, and anyone can give death. It pours on everyone indiscriminately. Just like the rain.

The same seller also has a SAO box III LE for $60, take that what you will.
Didn't see that, but after I had checked his reviews, there were some poor rating that mentioned either false advertising and poor customer service. Still, most of the seller's reviews were positive, I took the chance on a ~$10 item. Probably wouldn't do the same on the SAO LE box though...

Didn't realize how cheap genshiken was now. went ahead and purchased season 1, 2, the tie in show with the ovas and preorder the 3rd season (listed as season 2) on blu. Totaled up to $100 for what'll be 51 episodes.

Both One Piece Collection one and two were previously up for $70, so I'd wait for them to drop back down before pre-ordering.

If I was actually still buying One Piece, I would honestly only buy the smaller collections. I can only imagine the packaging for this being a mess. Maybe I just like cases more, lol.
yea i mean i got 1-8 for just under $180 w/ one of Fry's BOGO 1/2 funi sales. so aside from getting a pretty pretty box i don't see a point if you own it; but if you don't already have it, it may be the way to go.

Just wanted to mention to anyone who purchases time of eve and has not seen it. I got my copy the other day watched it today and it was great, just make sure u watch through the credits because there is another scene after

Everyone else planning on staying up to see Wave 2 tonight?
Wave 2 from what I was told doesn't start till 10 AM CST tomorrow.

PST here, usually, it comes up around Either at aroud 10/10:30/11 PM for new deals to be updated!
You are talking about the Mega Deal correct? If so there is a timer on the item.

Just wanted to mention to anyone who purchases time of eve and has not seen it. I got my copy the other day watched it today and it was great, just make sure u watch through the credits because there is another scene after
I loved it. I also backed the Light Novel as well and glad I did cause it'll have my name on it. If you like Eve I suggest Patema Inverted as well.

Wave 2 from what I was told doesn't start till 10 AM CST tomorrow.

---

You are talking about the Mega Deal correct? If so there is a timer on the item.
I see, but I wasn't talking about the Mega deal, I meant the next wave as well as other weekly specials normally around that time, but yeah...Since its holiday sales and such, its a bit different.

wave 2 starts nov 20th at 12:30 am cst
wave 3 starts nov 26th
No Wave 2 starts Nov. 17th at 10:00 am CST. It was on RS's facebook and twitter that they moved it.

Huh, I guess they did say 10:00 am on twitter. I just assumed it would be their normal update time. Well, I don't think I'll stay up that late tonight.
Yeah the mega will be up in an hour. But I don't blame you for not wanting to stay up for Wave 2. I thought it was going to be midnight as well but hey 10 AM isn't too bad as I'll be awake.

bread's done
Back