Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
If u haven't had a membership or the trial its a regular thing.
Thanks! I'm too busy with things to really make use of it right now so I will wait and if it doesn't come around again then that's fine.

Let's see what the bundles will be for next week. I just hope that if my wallet hurts that it will be really worth it.

Thanks! I'm too busy with things to really make use of it right now so I will wait and if it doesn't come around again then that's fine.

Let's see what the bundles will be for next week. I just hope that if my wallet hurts that it will be really worth it.
Np they offer it to me at least once a month

I don't think anyone has posted about this but I just stumbled upon it my self so here is more deals.

Funimations Clearance Sale.

Sekirei The Complete Series :br: / :dvd: : $49.98 $14.99

Yamada's First Time: B Gata H Kei The Complete Series - Limited Edition :br: / :dvd: : $69.98 $20.99

Chaos;HEAd The Complete Series - Limited Edition :br: / :dvd: : $69.98 $20.99

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part Five :br::$54.98 $16.49
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part Four :br::$54.98 $16.49
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part Three :br::$54.98 $16.49
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part Two :br::$54.98 $16.49
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part One :br::$54.98 $16.49
I Ordered the following ^ From funi's clearances sale and just wanted to pass some info along.

Sekirei Comes in a bluray case and is missing its original dvd sized slip cover (Looks the same as the one provided with the shana movie) This is an issue for anyone who bought clover medias s2 lmt edition because it looks a little off in the box :wall:

Yamadas 1st time lmt edition is dvd size and its info slip is stickered onto shrink wrap (Only an annoyance for use weird people who save these.)

Chaos;Head lmt edition is dvd size and its info slip is stickered onto shrink wrap (Only an annoyance for use weird people who save these.)

Nothing to report about FMA directly they all came looking awesome.

Also in a sale note me being a collector.

This Moribito set on amazon for $14.99+Prime seems like a better deal than RS $7.99

I'll be willing to contribute to the thread. Most of everything I own is from these dudes. One thing i'd recommend is rules about spoilers, plot, ending. Just is it good or not? 

There are a ton of third party sellers on Amazon with Paprika on blu ray for 7.47 with prime shipping. The description has a warning that it's some crazy made-up region though. I'm pretty sure they don't know what the hell they're talking about, but I also don't want to blow 8 bucks if it's not going to play. Can anyone who bought it from amazon confirm it'll work?
I bought it a while back, and it works fine in my run-of-the-mill BD player. That seems to be the official listing - it's even linked on Sony's website for the movie.

Received an email from Funimation advertising a Black Friday sale starting on Monday. They mentioned "holiday bundles".

That sucks that you guys are having trouble with Amazon and Funimation with your orders. Nowadays I wait around this time of year and buy from Rightstuf to support them. Never had a problem with their packaging; sometimes they add a catalog and various knick knacks to my orders.
Yeah I posted that this morning around 0630. I was surprised to see it. Then I saw the word bundle....

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/315734-anime-manga-steals-and-deals-rightstuf-amazon-ddetc/?p=12254487

Will gurren lagann ever be on sale? They are charging more than an arm and a leg atm.
lol someone brought out the jokes. gurren lagann is very expensive to collect. if you want the full english dub you'll find yourself spending upwards of 40 bucks for volume 3 and about 10-15 for each subsequent volume of 6 or 8 can't remember. Quite a lot. If you want the blu ray then you'll have to go to the black market and sell those arms and legs. If you don't mind just the sub then you can pick up sets 01-03. Each of these cost around 15-25 a piece and have 9 episodes each and its the complete subbed series. I spent roughly 30 bucks on my sets.

Don't worry about the movies. They are a retelling save for some scenes in the second which are added. again that is subbed.

I suggest you get more worthwhile arms and legs then.

But probably not, cause Aniplex.
Aniplex because fuck you

does the ad on frys.com usually show all the movies that are going to be on sale? I missed Xam'd collection 2 on rightstuf  and the ad for this week has it for $4.99 along with some other titles. I'm going to go tomorrow after work to see if my local frys has any but if I could pick up some other good deals while I'm there, that'd be awesome

MegaDeal for the weekend!

• mega-deal.gif

MEGANEBU! Blu-Ray Complete Collection (S) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $29.99*(50% Off)
  • mega-deal.gif

MEGANEBU! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $24.99*(50% Off)

Hey at least I was right about it being Sentai related. Wrong title and genre but hey got the studio correct.

Oh no, not this problem again. So I basically need to rebuy S1 again -____-
What? I'm confused by this comment. haha

That was during the time when Funi had this weird make the LE's G1 and the slipcovers G1 as well. I mean look at Baka and Test LE's.
Heavens Lost Property is the same as way as well. Season 1 is a G1 LE while S2 is G2 and in a slipcover. They didn't even bother to make a Season 2 LE for blu ray. For the most part they have seem to gotten back on track after all the numerous complaints from us slipcover/slipbox collectors. I know they got numerous emails and phone calls from me. haha

Spice and Wolf is the worst of the bunch. Season 1 was a G2 slipcover but then Season 2 was G1 slipbox. I mean a least with Sekirei S1 was a blu ray case in a G1 slipcover and fit into the G1 slipbox LE for Season 2.

Strike Witches was the messed up as well. G1 slipcover for S1 but then G2 slipbox for S2. You couldn't even put the slipcover into the slipbox because of the size difference....craziness.

Wait, what about Baka and Test?

There weren't any slipcovers in Baka and Test LE sets.  Both sets were LEs on their own.

Also, I'm a bit lost on the whole G1 and G2.  What do they stand for again?  Generation?

Wait, what about Baka and Test?

There weren't any slipcovers in Baka and Test LE sets. Both sets were LEs on their own.

Also, I'm a bit lost on the whole G1 and G2. What do they stand for again? Generation?
All good,lesson time for those that might be confused or just don't know. I had to learn as well. :)

G1 - Generation One = DVD sized

G2 - Generation Two = blu ray sized

And that is what I meant about Baka. They just did G1 LE slipboxes. I believe Season one did have a G1 slipcover as well. I have that floating around my slipcollection somewhere.

Funi was just lazy at that time. Didn't want to take the time to press the correct size for the media. I have to say at least the Fairy Tail parts are all the same. So I'll give them that much.

I just looked at both of my sets, and neither of them have it because the way the DVD cases are set up they actually match on the outside, and make a complete picture when both put together.  I don't remember there ever being slipcovers that came with the set originally when they first came out, unless you decided to buy them separately, but even then you would have to obtain both slipcovers which were the same since each season set was one whole set, and was not split up into parts.

Thanks for clearing up the whole G1 and G2 thing though.

Spice and Wolf is the worst of the bunch. Season 1 was a G2 slipcover but then Season 2 was G1 slipbox. I mean a least with Sekirei S1 was a blu ray case in a G1 slipcover and fit into the G1 slipbox LE for Season 2.
This was made even worse by the fact that Spice and Wolf S1 was in a regular sized, 2 disc sized blu-ray case, so it didn't even fit in the case horizontally because it was too thin.

Check you Sqaures RS Sale thread and there will be a Funi sale. They are selling bundles so God only knows what that means. I posted a picture about it. It starts Monday.
given funimation's past history with bundles.... You will likely get either

A. bundles of series with multiple parts at a small discount... for example perhaps parts 1-4 of dbz kai will be bundled for like 30% off overall.

or

B.

Themed bundles... such as a science bundle that might included index season one + steins gate for like 30% off the individual price.

you will notice my discounts aren't very good, that is because in general funimation is bad at discounting stuff... there is a high chance any given bundle sold on funimation.com next week will be availble for cheaper of amazon or right stuf... aka don't get your hopes up.... I mean it's not impossible they have a decent deal, they have in the past, I just wouldn't expect it.

This was made even worse by the fact that Spice and Wolf S1 was in a regular sized, 2 disc sized blu-ray case, so it didn't even fit in the case horizontally because it was too thin.
Yeah I remember that. Pretty stupid because the filler box is like...out your Season 1 here....guess again.

Well people are getting their S1 without the DVD sized slipcover. That is going to bug the hell out of me. So I need to replace it lol
Ahh, yeah I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in the same boat. My order will be here the 24th so I'm sure I'll have find a slipcover as well.

Let's not forget that the spine of the original release of Spice and Wolf on dvd does not match the spines used on future releases. Thus leaving the only combination of purchases that look right as the second release of season 1 on DVD and the limited edition dvd/bd combo of season 2.

I warned you guys :)

Let's not forget that the spine of the original release of Spice and Wolf on dvd does not match the spines used on future releases. Thus leaving the only combination of purchases that look right as the second release of season 1 on DVD and the limited edition dvd/bd combo of season 2.

Not to mention if you order S1 standalone now too, that most of them don't even come with a slipcover anymore too, so you might be screwed my futa friend. :*(

Not to mention if you order S1 standalone now too, that most of them don't even come with a slipcover anymore too, so you might be screwed my futa friend. :*(
Ya, I will be a victim of Sekirei and Spice & Wolf. *sigh* Damn my goal to replace all my regular editions with limited editions. Not been having good luck in that department. Especially with Heaven's Lost Property and Cat Planet Cuties

I disliked that greatly as well. Spice & Wolf had so many releases it was just crazy. I went for the S2 LE and then the first Complete Series. I hated that it was again G1 slipcover in a fat case but oh well. I'm almost tempted to get the Classic one because at least it would match the other Classic line ones.

Yeah tell me about it. haha
Those first wave Funi slipcover/slipboxes are a pain to track down...

Funi was just lazy at that time. Didn't want to take the time to press the correct size for the media. I have to say at least the Fairy Tail parts are all the same. So I'll give them that much.
It wasn't laziness. B&M stores like Best Buy and FYE were putting everything in a Blu-ray case in the Blu-ray section and anything in a DVD case in the Anime section. Hence, when Joe Shopper went to buy anime, none of the Blu-rays were in the Anime Section unless they were in G1 packaging. They eventually managed to convince Storrs to stock anime Blu-rays in the Anime section, so they stopped with the G1 combo packs (aside from Fairy Tail).

all this talk of non matching covers and spines drives me nuts just thinking about it. super ocd about the size of my dvds and blus the slipcovers, dents, sizing, color. everything has to be uniform. 

It wasn't laziness. B&M stores like Best Buy and FYE were putting everything in a Blu-ray case in the Blu-ray section and anything in a DVD case in the Anime section. Hence, when Joe Shopper went to buy anime, none of the Blu-rays were in the Anime Section unless they were in G1 packaging. They eventually managed to convince Storrs to stock anime Blu-rays in the Anime section, so they stopped with the G1 combo packs (aside from Fairy Tail).
It is lazy, companies do it all the time. Look at Target. Numerous times instead of pressing a correct G2 sized slipbox/slipcover they just slap a blu ray symbol on the G1 packaging. Summit/Lionsgate are some of the worst ones to do it.

And now look what happened. BB now stocks blus and DVD together because apparently people are to stupid and lzy to look.

Anyway bot, I hope they have some nice Dragon Ball Z bundles with the Funi sale. I'm sure we will see that and AOT and Fairy Tail.

It is lazy, companies do it all the time. Look at Target. Numerous times instead of pressing a correct G2 sized slipbox/slipcover they just slap a blu ray symbol on the G1 packaging. Summit/Lionsgate are some of the worst ones to do it.

And now look what happened. BB now stocks blus and DVD together because apparently people are to stupid and lzy to look.

Anyway bot, I hope they have some nice Dragon Ball Z bundles with the Funi sale. I'm sure we will see that and AOT and Fairy Tail.
been waiting all this time for a dbz sale. maybe just maybe i'll get fairy tail not sure if its nearing its end or it'll keep going on

all this talk of non matching covers and spines drives me nuts just thinking about it. super ocd about the size of my dvds and blus the slipcovers, dents, sizing, color. everything has to be uniform.
I used to be like that. I still am but in the world of slips and slipboxes sometimes it is better to have then to not have at all. Granted we all want nice slipcovers and slipboxes.

EI my Time of Eve slipbox had a spine slash on it. Lucky I was able to source another one. Also, I noticed you collect mainly shounen and mech anime. At least what you listed on that one post.

I take it you are younger say 22-25 ish? You need some slice of life anime in your life. :)

May want to wait for future RightStuf sales, but GoHastings is having a Buy 2, Get 20%/Buy 3, Get 30%/Buy 4, Get 40% Off Used with the code GOBBLEGOBBLE.

If you spend $25/$30/$40 or more, you get a code for 25%/30%/40% Off a future purchase.

Also, a lot of used manga has been marked down to $2.99, though good luck finding any that are actually in stock.

May want to wait for future RightStuf sales, but GoHastings is having a Buy 2, Get 20%/Buy 3, Get 30%/Buy 4, Get 40% Off Used with the code GOBBLEGOBBLE.

If you spend $25/$30/$40 or more, you get a code for 25%/30%/40% Off a future purchase.

Also, a lot of used manga has been marked down to $2.99, though good luck finding any that are actually in stock.
That and the fact that most smell like an ashtray...gross.

I used to be like that. I still am but in the world of slips and slipboxes sometimes it is better to have then to not have at all. Granted we all want nice slipcovers and slipboxes.

EI my Time of Eve slipbox had a spine slash on it. Lucky I was able to source another one. Also, I noticed you collect mainly shounen and mech anime. At least what you listed on that one post.

I take it you are younger say 22-25 ish? You need some slice of life anime in your life. :)
I love me some mecha and yeah some shounen. A lot of the series I watched in yesteryear before collecting are either too expensive to collect or just not ideal at the current moment. I.e. I watched a few shows a long while ago and have been meaning to collect them but end up collecting stuff I'll watch now. When I do get to collecting an old show it usually sits in shrink wrap.

Slice of life anime? I adore Mushishi and have been meaning to get into Clannad. I also need to get AnoHana on blu ray which is the best Slice of Life there is. It's so fucking awesome. Them feels. That theme song. The beauty.

New Mushishi is really good. So slow and majestic.

Yes I am young. Hard to collect anime when you don't have a job but now when you do and have no bills, yet. Anime is infinite.

lol someone brought out the jokes. gurren lagann is very expensive to collect. if you want the full english dub you'll find yourself spending upwards of 40 bucks for volume 3 and about 10-15 for each subsequent volume of 6 or 8 can't remember. Quite a lot. If you want the blu ray then you'll have to go to the black market and sell those arms and legs. If you don't mind just the sub then you can pick up sets 01-03. Each of these cost around 15-25 a piece and have 9 episodes each and its the complete subbed series. I spent roughly 30 bucks on my sets.

Don't worry about the movies. They are a retelling save for some scenes in the second which are added. again that is subbed.

Aniplex because fuck you
$50 for a volume of 3-4 episodes right now on bluray. lol

I might get in on it though.... still cheaper than the $650 package they offered a while back.

Let's not forget the ultimate slice of life: Welcome to the NHK. It's funny as hell, and yet it's also a deep and emotional roller coaster. It's one of those shows that can be best described as a 'triumph' for its medium and genre. Take a slice of that one. ;)

bread's done
Back