Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
$50 for a volume of 3-4 episodes right now on bluray. lol

I might get in on it though.... still cheaper than the $650 package they offered a while back.
And there are 27. Really not worth it. It's a great anime but if you're only gonna get 3 episodes for 50 bucks you might as well buy the complete series for 650. You'll roughly be spending half a grand.

Don't get the bootlegs that are on eBay

Really the only advice i can give is the sets that cost me around 30 bucks seeing as i got one for free (long story....scroll through the back log of posts) Set 01-02-03. Really good deal. Although no dub. I prefer subs anyway.

Can you imagine spending $650 at once on something like that? fuck.
I spent it buying a PS4. 435 with tax. 2 games totaling 120. A year of PS+. although this is something i use everyday. its not everyday i bust out my 650 anime collection and watch it

Let's not forget the ultimate slice of life: Welcome to the NHK. It's funny as hell, and yet it's also a deep and emotional roller coaster. It's one of those shows that can be best described as a 'triumph' for its medium and genre. Take a slice of that one. ;)
gonna buy it asap then. love slice of life. a big change from the mecha im used to lol. blowing up hearts and not cities.

I used to be like that. I still am but in the world of slips and slipboxes sometimes it is better to have then to not have at all. Granted we all want nice slipcovers and slipboxes.

EI my Time of Eve slipbox had a spine slash on it. Lucky I was able to source another one. Also, I noticed you collect mainly shounen and mech anime. At least what you listed on that one post.

I take it you are younger say 22-25 ish? You need some slice of life anime in your life. :)
I fall in that age range as well, I enjoy some slice of life when its good but its hard to go back to that when there are so many exciting anime to be watched and rewatched. The only good slice of life anime I can recommend would be K-on, Seitokai Yakuindomo, and Daily Lives of High School Boys.

edit: I forgot about Beck and Welcome to the NHK, shame on me.

May want to wait for future RightStuf sales, but GoHastings is having a Buy 2, Get 20%/Buy 3, Get 30%/Buy 4, Get 40% Off Used with the code GOBBLEGOBBLE.

If you spend $25/$30/$40 or more, you get a code for 25%/30%/40% Off a future purchase.

Also, a lot of used manga has been marked down to $2.99, though good luck finding any that are actually in stock.
I took a gamble and bought 22 volumes of the Rurouni Kenshin manga for a little under $2.50 shipped per, but with my luck RS will have the complete series for under $100 during the 12 days sale though. Hopefully they all ship. A year or two ago I was able to get almost the entire RK anime in individual volumes at around a buck a piece during one of the hastings free shipping sales. I used to buy a shit ton from them when they consistently had good deals. But I've probably placed around ten orders from them this year and most of them were $20 or less. Compared to a couple years ago when I'd easily drop $100 during a sale.

I can't justify spending 1200 on anime. I try to get at least a new series every week or new volume under 20 or double up and get one expensive set and not get anything for two weeks 

Let's not forget the ultimate slice of life: Welcome to the NHK. It's funny as hell, and yet it's also a deep and emotional roller coaster. It's one of those shows that can be best described as a 'triumph' for its medium and genre. Take a slice of that one. ;)
I feel like I lived that show.

$1200? Oh please. I've spent more than that on the Dragonball series alone. Who knows how much I would have spent on Case Closed if Funimation continued it?

Nowadays I spent under $100 a year on anime and it's mostly based on recommendations.

Award-Anime_stillbestcaptainever.jpg

Edit to avoid double post:

I wonder how Porco Rosso will compare to the UK release.  I'm actually pretty surprised that it will be getting a US release on blu ray.  I thought after this much time we wouldn't see one.  I wonder if that means that we'll also see a US release of Castle of Cagliostro on BD as well.

I ordered the following and went through and competed check out and there was no confirmation and all the items were still in my cart. So I tried again and this happened again. I have never bought from frys so did I do something wrong or does it take them a little while to process that you made an order, If so I may need to cancel an order

I ordered the following and went through and competed check out and there was no confirmation and all the items were still in my cart. So I tried again and this happened again. I have never bought from frys so did I do something wrong or does it take them a little while to process that you made an order, If so I may need to cancel an order
Depends.

Did you do in-store pick up, or ordered from the website?

If you did in-store pick up they will have to find the items first prior to fulfilling your order.

If it's an online order it should have processed, but their confirmation is just a little slow, so you may have to wait a bit.

Depends.

Did you do in-store pick up, or ordered from the website?

If you did in-store pick up they will have to find the items first prior to fulfilling your order.

If it's an online order it should have processed, but their confirmation is just a little slow, so you may have to wait a bit.
I don't have a frys in my area so I did ship. I now am just hopping it doesn't double order.

EDIT: What worries me is my cart did not empty after I completed my purchase.

If it didn't empty then you probably didn't properly check out for some reason.
I have tried about 3 or 4 times with no luck on chrome firefox and ios. I guess if I created multiple orders I will be dealing with cancelling it. If not I guess its not meant to be which is sad because quite a great deal oh well frys just doesn't want my $$$

Hey, Nice Package! Cowboy Bebop FUNimation Exclusive Edition Unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHTqPyCDvyo&feature=youtu.be

Hey, Nice Package! Cowboy Bebop FUNimation Exclusive Edition Unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHTqPyCDvyo&feature=youtu.be
The practicality of the storage looks like a nightmare.

Watching him take that first disc out looked like he was about to tear off that first flap removing the disc, lol.

Terrible...

"You better pre-order now before [all of those discs fall] out".

I know some of you guys have complained about Funimation's crappy shipping jobs so this release is probably going to result into some rage filled posts and tweets about how their discs are everyone. It does look cool but I would never buy a DVD/Blu release in packaging like that. 

So happy that didn't end up being the Amazon one. 

Yea, I canceled my Funimation version earlier this week. After seeing the preview of the video, I'm extremely glad. I've always hated those sleeves. My first encounter with this type of sleeves was with the FF8 PC version. They were horrible.

Edit: The textured discs worry me too.

"You better pre-order now before [all of those discs fall] out".

I know some of you guys have complained about Funimation's crappy shipping jobs so this release is probably going to result into some rage filled posts and tweets about how their discs are everyone. It does look cool but I would never buy a DVD/Blu release in packaging like that.

So happy that didn't end up being the Amazon one.
I didn't know there was a difference until I saw that video, I might cancel with funi and go with amazon then if the price drops back down. I can't believe they thought it would be a good idea to make it look like that. I will probably just hang in on my wall if I don't switch lol.

Lucky I didn't pre-order my set from Funimation. I will get Amazon version when it go low possible on black friday or X-mas 24 days sales.  I already owned bandai box set.  Just pick up blu-ray version for my collection when it cheap ;)

^ Yup, saw that last night. If you all don't want to read, it was announced at the end of the movie. Also, there is an Attack on Titan movie. I didn't know that either. :lol:

As for Bebop on Blu, I would honestly recommend only getting the standard version. I only got the Amazon Premium one because I got it when it was $69.99. Now it's $90 and I think that way too much just for a fancy box and a few other things. 

2016? Gah. AoT was such a fresh take on anime for me; first good show I had seen in a long while. Bummer to know the sequel is so far out.

"Magic Knight Rayearth complete series coming in 2015 on DVD and 2016 on Blu Ray! Japanese language, English subs, English dub."

-Discotek

:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:
YES! :D/

I was thinking about getting it this year, but I will gladly wait for that Blu-Ray as long as it takes.

To make an order at FYE or to not make an order at FYE...

Curious if the Blu-rays will have the dubbed songs with the dubbed audio or if they will be merely extras like the Remastered release.

Going back to a topic two pages back, the big Gurren Lagann Blu-ray set was actually a bit cheaper if pre-ordered from Amazon Japan. With the fee to ship to America and the exchange rate at the time, my set was around $480. I cancelled it, however, after really thinking about my purchase. In the end, I came to the conclusion that I wasn't as huge of a Gurren Lagann fan as I thought. Shelling out almost $500 to double-dip on a series that I thought was OK would have been crazy. I have the Bandai DVDs with the box anyway, and I haven't even rewatched those yet after all these years. Heck, I'm only now finally getting around to finishing the Yuu Yuu Hakusho two-disc DVD releases after putting them off for well over four years. I definitely would like to get the GL movies on Blu, though, since the initial Aniplex release of the two feature some really horrible-looking subtitles. (At least the slip and the extras that come with it are nice. The Japanese program that was distributed at theaters is awesome to have.)

Speaking of Aniplex, I really wish they would put Magi out on Blu-ray. It's such a great series that doesn't get enough recognition IMO. I read the quality of the manga has dropped in the recent chapters, but that doesn't change how well-produced the anime is.

Same thing happened to me. No kind of confirmation so I guess it's just a wait and see kind of thing.

I really wish anybody except Aniplex would put it out on blu-ray. :*(

Just the first season alone would make me go bankrupt.
If the guy who spends all that money on anime says itll be so pricey he would go bankrupt who would ever be able to afford it D: lol

bread's done
Back