Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
roger watersmelon, on 24 Nov 2014 - 4:56 PM, said:
I just noticed that the Amazon exclusive edition of Cowboy Bebop has been changed to "Sign up to be notified when this becomes available." Now I'm wondering if I should actually hang on to my $70 copy. Was this set supposed to be a limited edition set? I don't remember hearing anything about it being a small print run.
I think it is LE? I'm happy to have pre-ordered thanks to our friends here on CAG. I was never a huge fan of Bebop, but it's a good anime and I can't wait to see it in Blu.

I just noticed that the Amazon exclusive edition of Cowboy Bebop has been changed to "Sign up to be notified when this becomes available." Now I'm wondering if I should actually hang on to my $70 copy. Was this set supposed to be a limited edition set? I don't remember hearing anything about it being a small print run.
Yeah the Amazon one was 10,000 and the Funi one was 2,500.

Just an fyi for those who wanted the Sailor Moon gold coin, apparently Rightstuf will include the bundle again for the Set and the gold coin as part of the sale.

"WAVE 3 SNEAK PEEK!

Sailor Moon Set 1 L.E with the rare gold coin will be featured in our Sightings of Savings Sale on November 26, 2014 at 12:30 am CST! Don’t miss out on this great Holiday offer! Quantities are limited! "

So if anyone was bummed out they missed it last time around, here's your chance again.  Personally I just want the LE, which is going to be part of the limited quantity ViZ items, but the coin would be a nice bonus too.

The original series was 46 episodes, so the set is 1/2 of the original series. The second set won't be out until early next year.
oh wow that's a good value then if it is sub 50 bucks. maybe even 27 look ranma was. i'll have to make a decision asap if i want to get into sailor moon. never watched it

anyone recall if Tears to Tiara bluray had been on sale for lower than $30 in the past?  amazon, bby, rs, and dd all show it as $50 and up.  just found a new copy for $26.  wondering if I should bite

Do keep in mind that Viz botched the picture quality when buying it.
Yes... It's a travesty. The ghosting is pretty bad. The audio is an upgrade over the ADV release but it looks quite ugly for something that had its picture "retouched." Hate to say it, but the rips of the R2 DVDs out there look a lot nicer.

oh wow that's a good value then if it is sub 50 bucks. maybe even 27 look ranma was. i'll have to make a decision asap if i want to get into sailor moon. never watched it
From what you watch I don't think you would like it and it would be a waste of money. I would check out a few episodes on youtube to see if it would be worth it for you.

anyone recall if Tears to Tiara bluray had been on sale for lower than $30 in the past? amazon, bby, rs, and dd all show it as $50 and up. just found a new copy for $26. wondering if I should bite
If you don't end up with it, then tell me where I can grab it. Lol

Today's RS Mega Deal.

mega012.jpg

Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess blu ray/dvd combo pack

$16.99

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/EajvR4WSi=TKvNCqYK/browse/item/103935/4/0/0

From what you watch I don't think you would like it and it would be a waste of money. I would check out a few episodes on youtube to see if it would be worth it for you.
The entire first season (and some of the second) is on Hulu, sub and dub option.

Do keep in mind that Viz botched the picture quality when buying it.
So i've seen on viz's facebook. thousands of complaints and nothing said.

Yes... It's a travesty. The ghosting is pretty bad. The audio is an upgrade over the ADV release but it looks quite ugly for something that had its picture "retouched." Hate to say it, but the rips of the R2 DVDs out there look a lot nicer.
well then maybe adv is for me

just because i watch a lot of "shounen" or mecha doesn't mean im not down for a lighthearted series. after all i did start bawling at the end of anohana and just picked up clannad.

just because i watch a lot of "shounen" or mecha doesn't mean im not down for a lighthearted series. after all i did start bawling at the end of anohana and just picked up clannad.
Sailor Moon isn't anything like Clannad or Anohana. I hate to say but this show is Shojo and from what you are watching based on recommendations, again I don't think it would be something you might like. Do you like or have you watched any of these?

Cardcaptor Sakura

Fruits Basket

Ouran High School Host Club

Vampire Knight

If so then yeah Sailor Moon will probably be ok. If not then again I suggest you try to watch a few episodes before you go and blind buy it. Just trying to save you money.

And yes the PQ isn't the best so again unless you are a fan then I wouldn't blindly buy it. I'm a fan and it saddens me the PQ is pretty bad. But I have been waiting for this to be released on blu so I will support buying it.

Sailor Moon isn't anything like Clannad or Anohana. I hate to say but this show is Shojo and from what you are watching based on recommendations, again I don't think it would be something you might like. Do you like or have you watched any of these?

Cardcaptor Sakura

Fruits Basket

Ouran High School Host Club

Vampire Knight

If so then yeah Sailor Moon will probably be ok. If not then again I suggest you try to watch a few episodes before you go and blind buy it. Just trying to save you money.

And yes the PQ isn't the best so again unless you are a fan then I wouldn't blindly buy it. I'm a fan and it saddens me the PQ is pretty bad. But I have been waiting for this to be released on blu so I will support buying it.
i love ouran high school host club. really funny series. i may very well like this as well.

Just an fyi for those who wanted the Sailor Moon gold coin, apparently Rightstuf will include the bundle again for the Set and the gold coin as part of the sale.

"WAVE 3 SNEAK PEEK!

Sailor Moon Set 1 L.E with the rare gold coin will be featured in our Sightings of Savings Sale on November 26, 2014 at 12:30 am CST! Don’t miss out on this great Holiday offer! Quantities are limited! "

So if anyone was bummed out they missed it last time around, here's your chance again. Personally I just want the LE, which is going to be part of the limited quantity ViZ items, but the coin would be a nice bonus too.
Wait, so it's going to be available again AND it'll be discounted?

I'd like to share a word of caution about the Sailor Moon set.  Now to everyone that was excited about the show being released before the sneak peek of it being in the sale, this isn't for you.  Feel free to ignore the rest. :D 

If your excitement about it started with the announcement of the sale, be careful before deciding to step on that trap.  While you will get set 1 for cheap, that will likely be the only one you will get on sale.  At the very least, this means another $53.  At the most (although I can't imagine not knowing this ahead of time, but I guess you might get hooked as a new fan) you'll be buying 6 more of these sets at $53 on top of the first two to get R, S and all the others.

Not that I'm saying you shouldn't buy, I just wanted to make sure the people that needed to hear this were aware of it before they did so.

Who localized the Stardust Crusader dub for the first three episodes. Was it Warner Bros?
Yup. Pretty sure it was Warner Bros. Japan to be exact and I think they contracted someone to do a test dub. It was actually pretty good for the three episodes they did.

Anyone know of any sales on Cardcaptor Sakura?  I see the blu-rays are currently $200.  I'm hoping it drops lower than that.  Is there going to be a non-premium blu release later on?

I've fallen out of being a passionate anime fan, but Sakura's a favorite.

It was $178.99 for preorder, which is what I paid.

Will I think it'll be cheaper than $200? Probably. Will there be a non-premium blu-ray release later on? Doubt it, but it's possible.

great deal. may have to jump on it unless 12 days of christmas has it for cheaper which i want to think they will. if you are getting the le for 15 bucks keep us posted. hopefully it'll have the chipboard box because that thing is off the chain. such great art. be wary of the smell. something about cardboard and paint don't mix. 

For those interested.

Kite and Kite Liberator dropped today.

BB has copies of them in store but they are very limited. My BB only had two of each. Since there are less then 3 in store then they will not show as in stock on the website. Speaking of the website I believe that Kite is on back order on BB.com

Kite is $12.99

Kite: Liberator is $9.99

Amazon is currently OOS on Kite. And knowing Media Blasters they will probably not even press more. So get them while you can.

^^^

I like the Funi slipboxes, well at least the chipboard ones. The thin ones like HAL and GITS: Arise make me sad. I worry as they are thinner versus the stronger chip board. But the chip board ones have flaws as well. The sticker that holds them at the joints can mess up and the thing can fall apart.

Also for those that ordered it on AMZ Warehouse, be advised to always read the Condition. It makes a big difference. Good isn't always Good. Just be prepared.

Yeah, I only mentioned the warehouse ones because they're technically cheaper if you just want the discs. They all say repackaged, so I'm guessing they're regular editions traded in for higher value.

There was a $15.70 one where the description sounded like it came with the outer box, but I have no idea what happened to that one :whistle2:

Does anyone know what time zone Go hastings runs on? I want to grab Fairy Tail on Friday at 6, but I need to know when they think it's 6. Lol

Nothing for me... I'm still hoping they'll restock Gargantia.

If you guys like shonen series, Get Backers is awesome. For $10, it's a steal. I paid $40 for my copy of the thinpak boxset years ago.

Still wishing Magi was on Blu-ray and not DVD... *sigh*

Get Backers Complete Series DVD Collection - $9.99   Is that any good?

$100 for the Gurren Lagann set. My wallet says no, but my greedy side says yes.

Everything else is stuff I never heard of. Thoughts?

Here's the list all,

[SIZE=12pt]There were so many items on this one it took awhile to compile.[/SIZE]

Get Backers is sold out. It's a steal for 52 episodes, though it's mediocre at best.

Edit: It's not even Black Friday, and I just dropped another $200. Go me.

For those that backed Time Of Eve: Another Act book.

Got this email just now.

*Finally* we have formatted the "Time of EVE: Another Act" Special Thanks pages!
Please check the Special Thanks pages (below) for your name, and email corrections to [email protected]
Deadilne: Saturday November 29th!
This book is the fruition of 12+ months of effort, and we are in the final steps before sending the file to the printer. Your support has given us invaluable breathing room, both in terms of funding and the confidence that we made the right decision in deciding to go ahead with publishing "Another Act" in English. We are profoundly grateful for your support.
m(..)m Ann/Time of EVE^^

My name is on it so I'm happy, and they got it correct.

bread's done
Back