Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
How are Funimation with shipping/packaging? FMA brotherhood part 5 I've been missing for ages and waiting for a deal, however I'm the OCD type that would hate if it came in a envelope all bashed up. 

Thanks!

How are Funimation with shipping/packaging? FMA brotherhood part 5 I've been missing for ages and waiting for a deal, however I'm the OCD type that would hate if it came in a envelope all bashed up.

Thanks!
They are a mixed bag. I have personally had very good experiences with them, but my postal system in general seems to be better than most because 99% of the time when someone is complaining x company is destroying y product mine shows up just fine. Others in this very thread have complained a bit of crushed items though.

Thanks!
They usually just ship everything in a box, even if it's like two DVD sets, and it's on a fairly large long box, with air pouches for padding.

In some cases you may say they may even overpack their items sometimes... :p

They usually just ship everything in a box, even if it's like two DVD sets, and it's on a fairly large long box, with air pouches for padding.

air pouches? i get everything tossed into multiple boxes (that arrive at separate times) w. some random pieces of brown wrapping paper.

They are a mixed bag. I have personally had very good experiences with them, but my postal system in general seems to be better than most because 99% of the time when someone is complaining x company is destroying y product mine shows up just fine. Others in this very thread have complained a bit of crushed items though.
air pouches? i get everything tossed into multiple boxes (that arrive at separate times) w. some random pieces of brown wrapping paper.

Thanks guys! For the price sounds like it's worth a shot, I'll look around and see if there's anything else I want too.

The only thing missing (for me) in this Funimation sale is Yu Yu Hakusho Blu Rays. That bundle is still a joke. 

So this is what I've got in my cart right now for the Funimation sale and I need some opinions.

Birdy the Mighty Decode (DVD) $10.49
Sekirei (Blu) $7.49
Witchblade (Blu) $16.87
Yamada's First Time (Blu) $9.75

I've watched the first season of Sekirei and a few episodes of Witchblade and liked both. The other two are blind buys. So I'm mainly wondering:

1. Is Birdy on Blu?
2. Is Sekirei the complete series or just the first season?
3. Have these been cheaper before (for Birdy, DVD or Blu)?

So this is what I've got in my cart right now for the Funimation sale and I need some opinions.

Birdy the Mighty Decode (DVD) $10.49
Sekirei (Blu) $7.49
Witchblade (Blu) $16.87
Yamada's First Time (Blu) $9.75

I've watched the first season of Sekirei and a few episodes of Witchblade and liked both. The other two are blind buys. So I'm mainly wondering:

1. Is Birdy on Blu?
2. Is Sekirei the complete series or just the first season?
3. Have these been cheaper before (for Birdy, DVD or Blu)?
1. No

2. Yes, although S1 won't have the slip, which makes some people shit bricks.

3. Nope.

Thanks. Also, any opinions on Yamada or Birdy?

Edit: I'm assuming you meant yes to Sekirei being the complete series, correct me if I'm wrong.

birdy is likely my favorite show of the oens you listed. Yamada is my least favorite of those you listed, but it's only a little worse then Sekirei for me (in general I am not a fan of pure ecchi shows) witchblade is after birdy for me, but I recall it being a mixed bag. some parts of it i really liked, some of it I hated.

Edit: I'm assuming you meant yes to Sekirei being the complete series, correct me if I'm wrong.
I'd have no problem paying that price for Yamada and Birdy.

As far as the Sekirei is concerned the people who ordered the set during the clearance sale got it in the LE box with both S1 and S2, so I would assume it's the exact same thing for this sale since it's the same sku, unless they decided to change it to just be S1 for this sale, which would be fairly odd, and a total FU to the everyone now, lol.

Went and bought The Sacred Blacksmith, came out to just $8.99 and no tax or shipping. I didn't see a reason to buy the more expensive version as the only difference I could see was the cover art? Either way that was a great deal, I'd been meaning to finish that show.

[quote name="Vigilante" post="12290119" timestamp="1417458896"]Any other notable deals with that code?[/quote]
It worked on highschool of the dead collector's edition. If you're interested in that

Went and bought The Sacred Blacksmith, came out to just $8.99 and no tax or shipping. I didn't see a reason to buy the more expensive version as the only difference I could see was the cover art? Either way that was a great deal, I'd been meaning to finish that show.
One set is also the cardboard slip with the slim dvd cases (the version you purchased), and the other one is the newer release with a regular case to hold all the DVDs with a slipcover.

Well it's made by the same guy who made Strike Witches, now that I know that I'll check it out.
It's not as good as Strike Witches imo, but still a fun watch. The girls flying with the F-35s is really cool.

It's not worth $50 for a 13 episode sub only series though.

That said, I am super hyped about funi releasing the strike witches movie. Hopefully they keep it up and do Operation Victory Arrow when that comes out too.

One set is also the cardboard slip with the slim dvd cases (the version you purchased), and the other one is the newer release with a regular case to hold all the DVDs with a slipcover.
Ah, that's fine with me. Unless it's a show I'm really into I don't mind those slim cases, and I like the cover better for this version anywho. Thanks for the info though Square.

it's really not worth finishing...

that being said at that price I will likely be buying it myself lol

Yamada's good. Pretty funny romcom with an aggressive female lead. Also, Yukari Tamura <3
I honestly don't think I laughed a single time during my watch of the series... it was one of my this isn't offensively bad but not good watches I do in a given anime season to make the other shows I watch feel even better :p (Wolf Girl and Black Prince is my show from this season :p)

really I suppose I didn't mind most of the supporting cast, but I disliked yamada herself quite a bit for many reasons... not the least of which is the premise of the series.

but alas everyone has different tastes... I mean some people actually think there is a reason to watch Watamote beyond the opening... which I can't remotely understand that one because the show is super boring garbage outside of the solid opening @_@ (it wasn't funny watching someone who is down in the dumps get dumped on.... it's still not funny 100 times later in a mere 5 episodes) there are very few shows I can list off that I started as background noise in english and actively dropped it. I think the list is watamote, panty and stocking, and... that might be about it.

By the way, how is this show? Might add the slim version in there, but I know absolutely nothing about that show other than the description.

It's not as good as Strike Witches imo, but still a fun watch. The girls flying with the F-35s is really cool.

It's not worth $50 for a 13 episode sub only series though.

That said, I am super hyped about funi releasing the strike witches movie. Hopefully they keep it up and do Operation Victory Arrow when that comes out too.
Links?

The funi store sale today is surprisingly amazing, picked up:

[SIZE=10pt]Brief Description[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Rate[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Amount[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]RIN DAUGHTER OF MNEMOSYNE - CS - BR[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]$22.49[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]$22.49[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]PANTY & STOCKING W GARTERBELT - SERIES[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]$9.75[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]$9.75[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]SGT. FROG - SEASON THREE PART ONE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]$5.99[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]$5.99[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]SGT. FROG - SEASON THREE PART TWO[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]$5.99[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]$5.99[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]EVANGELION:1.11 YOU'RE NOT ALONE-MOVIE-B[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]$9.37[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]$9.37[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]DATE A LIVE - COMPLETE SERIES - BLU-RAY/DVD COMBO - LE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]$26.25[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]CASSHERN - COMPLETE SERIES -BR/DVD COMBO[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]$16.87[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]$16.87[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=10pt]C : CONTROL - COMPLETE SERIES - COMBO-LE[/SIZE]

All that for $122, very happy with that
Also picked up So I Can't Play H from RS for $21.
I've spent waaaaaaay too much this year on anime though.

Oh, thanks for that. Good to see they announce the second season of Freezing as well. Now they just need Maken-Ki Two!

So with the Watamote Blu-Ray i got from RS, it came with no slipcover... but I noticed all the other volumes that I can see have had slipcovers.

Anyone know the reason why?

So with the Watamote Blu-Ray i got from RS, it came with no slipcover... but I noticed all the other volumes that I can see have had slipcovers.

Other ones from where?

It didn't come with a slipcover unless you're thinking of a different region release.

Sentai stuff never comes with slipcovers. You are probably getting confused with Funimation stuff.

How is Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne? Redaing Zac's ann review for it makes it seem like pretty entertaining schlock of not taken seriously.
I enjoyed it.

it wasn't amazingly well crafted, but the overall story was at least interesting. and the sex scenes weren't so bad that it ruined stuff. It's been on my list to get for a long while, it's just hard for me to pull the trigger after missing the gohastings deal a while back :(

Sentai stuff never comes with slipcovers. You are probably getting confused with Funimation stuff.
The Japanese version I think do come with slipcovers though for each individual volume, so that may be what he is confusing it with.

Also, there is one exception to that rule in Short Peace. ;D

Not to interrupt the deal talk but: omg!
http://www.khara.co.jp/2014/12/01/新世紀エヴァンゲリオン-blu-ray-box-&-新世紀エヴァンゲ/
Tldr original eva tv remastered as well as original movies

in my excitement I forgot u to post the link lol
Fe3G1FW.gif

How is Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne? Redaing Zac's ann review for it makes it seem like pretty entertaining schlock of not taken seriously.
I really liked it. As others have pointed out, it's a little on the weird side but is pretty interesting. I also enjoyed the somewhat episodic nature of the show and how each one takes place during different years.

A CERTAIN MAGICAL INDEX - SEASON 1 PT 2 $8.99   

A CERTAIN MAGICAL INDEX - SEASON 1 PT 1 $9.75  

PSYCHO-PASS - SEASON ONE PART TWO $19.45  

PSYCHO-PASS - SEASON ONE PART ONE $19.45  

SHAKUGAN NO SHANA - OVA  $13.12  

SHAKUGAN NO SHANA THIRD SEASON LE $17.49    

KING OF THORN  $6.25  

XTREME XECUTOR  $14.95  

GREAT GUARDIANS $14.95   

JORMUNGAND SECOND SEASON $24.37    

KING OF EDEN $9.37  

PARADISE LOST $9.37  

EDEN OF THE EAST - COMPLETE SERIES  $8.99 

A CERTAIN SCIENTIFIC RAILGUN LE $24.37

....FUNImation some how comes out of the blue

Keep in mind for those unsure about some of these older Funimation titles, a good bit of them are on Netflix. Not all, but some. 

Item Qty Brief Description Rate Amount Options Part Two 1 A CERTAIN MAGICAL INDEX - SEASON 1 PT 2 $8.99 $8.99 Part One 1 A CERTAIN MAGICAL INDEX - SEASON 1 PT 1 $9.75 $9.75 Season One - Part Two 1 PSYCHO-PASS - SEASON ONE PART TWO $19.45 $19.45 Season One - Part One 1 PSYCHO-PASS - SEASON ONE PART ONE $19.45 $19.45 OVA Series 1 SHAKUGAN NO SHANA - OVA - COMBO $13.12 $13.12 Season Three Part One - Limited Edition 1 SHAKUGAN NO SHANA-SN3 P1 BR/DVD_LE $17.49 $17.49 The Movie 1 KING OF THORN - ANIME MOVIE - COMBO $6.25 $6.25 Xtreme Xecutor & Shugaku Toshi Keppu-roku OVA 1 IKKI TOUSEN - XTREME XECUTOR & SHUGAKU TOSHI KEPPU-ROKU OVA (SEASON 4) - ALT $14.95 $14.95 Great Guardians 1 IKKI TOUSEN - GREAT GUARDIANS (SEASON 3) $14.95 $14.95 Season Two 1 JORMUNGAND - THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON - BLU-RAY/DVD COMBO $24.37 $24.37 The King of Eden 1 EDEN OF THE EAST-MOVIE 1-KING OF EDEN-BR $9.37 $9.37 Paradise Lost 1 EDEN OF THE EAST - PARADISE LOST - COMBO $9.37 $9.37 The Complete Series 1 EDEN OF THE EAST - COMPLETE SERIES - BR $8.99 $8.99 Part One - Limited Edition 1 TOARU KAGAKU NO RAILGUN - A CERTAIN SCIENTIFIC RAILGUN - SN 1 PT 1 - LE $24.37 $24.37

FUNImation some how comes out of the blue
ZoxKKES.gif.gif

Lovely that there isn't shipping fees for Funimation sale. Probably going to add Eden of the East series and The Woman Called Fujiko Mine to my collection. 

bread's done
Back