Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
this is how we get yelled at for not posting anime deals :p
Pika, pls. lol.

I do admit the off-topic posts do cause a lot of clutter. I might as put the discussion thread link in a signature or something and have it be obnoxious and flashing. Okay, that's a dumb thing to do. But here's the link again: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/232826-anime-manga-thread-vol-2-za-warudo/page-34#entry12284440 (I swear I feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread so that's half the problem).

As for deals....... uhhhh, I noticed some anime on Amazon got marked down. I been staring at Guilty Crown P2 for $26 for a while. I still have the P1 LE sealed, lol.

Anyone have any updates on when their stuff is coming in and what they bought?

I need to know!
put in order nov 26th, received in Maine today.
(dvds)
Morbito
Those who hunt elves
Humanity has declined
blind box $25= aria: the natural (not litebox)

It is cool that it was something decent, uncool in that I was hoping for something absurd. Also uncool in that I have not seen aria season 1. I hope it is a repeat from last years sale.

Not to sound like a broken record or a dick, but please keep discussion in this thread on topic...

Repeated -

**Please keep all discussion in this thread strictly related to anime and manga deals and anything of the like. I am glad you were able to get a good deal on something, and happy you are supporting the industry, but please take any discussion that is not relevant to this thread to the Anime & Manga discussion thread. We don't need to hear updates on every single thing you buy, and what or when it is coming in. Thank you**
Update time! We are now up to 25 votes in the Anime Rec's thread! 10 more votes and I'll be giving away a $5 AGC to one lucky individual!

Spread word and vote if you can!

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/338628-the-official-cag-ultimate-anime-recommendations-vote-1-begins-w-giveaway-5-amazongc/
nr9DX14.jpg

Any know where I can get K and high school dxd 1st season new cheap
Your best bet on K was using the FYE ANTLERS code, but I think that is expired now. DxD is $28.49 on Amazon, which is about as good as you're going to get barring random eBay auctions or perhaps RightStuf's.

Pika, pls. lol.

I do admit the off-topic posts do cause a lot of clutter. I might as put the discussion thread link in a signature or something and have it be obnoxious and flashing. Okay, that's a dumb thing to do. But here's the link again: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/232826-anime-manga-thread-vol-2-za-warudo/page-34#entry12284440 (I swear I feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread so that's half the problem).

As for deals....... uhhhh, I noticed some anime on Amazon got marked down. I been staring at Guilty Crown P2 for $26 for a while. I still have the P1 LE sealed, lol.
But seriously though, since CAG 3.0, I almost only look at subscriptions. I'm really not going to see something in the deal thread, try to find my way to the discussion thread, the pick-up thread, and 50 threads split up with one post a month, post there, and then expect replies there. It's not how forum threads ever worked.

And at what point does the line blur for non-deals? So anything that isn't specifically a deal, including discussions about said deal, should go elsewhere? Deal pick-ups are still technically more relevant than discussing Cromartie High having gone up in price. Even then, that was a deal from 3 years ago, and relevant to purchasing decisions.

A lot of buzz about people picking up a title will generate more buzz, and someone reading and unfamiliar with a title might be prompted to do more research on it while it's on sale.

I do use the pick-up thread, partially to help myself keep track of purchases. But that's a different story. I don't mind it. I'm going to see it, whatever thread it's in.

Briefly thinking about it, I guess the solution would be to cross-post all deals to the discussion thread and move everything over there. But then what purpose does that really serve in the end? The deals thread is empty, and the discussion thread is the clone of what this thread currently is.

Does this forum have a mirror function? If so, combine the two, keep the main thread in the Off-topic section and mirror it here.

Pika, pls. lol.

I like the random discussion found here too much. I know I rarely post deals here unless I happen to come across an amazon price drop before it's posted by someone else.

I don't mind a community that self-polices itself (I usually prefer it), and I'm pretty sure some of my posts cross the blurred line - I admit that. 

I am not trying to be a dick when I post either.  I consider a warning that something may not ship AT ALL or may cause some really big headaches to be relevant to this thread.  On the same topic, if that's not what everyone wants and the only thing that matters are posting actual prices / deals, then why wouldn't something that can easily be updated like an online Excel spreadsheet be viable?

EDIT:  I don't mind getting called out a bit.  I'm also not going to cause unneeded frustration or spam.

Personally, I like how this thread currently is though I will admit posts that are waaay off-topic or just a picture of your recent shipment can be annoying and pointless.

Devil is a Part Timer (aka Hataraku Maou) is $28.49 on amazon which is cheaper than rightstuf's sale price. But it only says Bluray on the amazon listing. Did funi even make a bluray only release for it? Or are all of them bluray/dvd?

I'm gonna buy the Koihime Musou seasons. Is there any reason I should get the Ultimate Collection instead that has all the discs in one case? I heard that they just stack the discs on top of each other, so I thought it might be a better idea to buy them separately. Any difference in bonus features or stuff? Or is it just the same discs, different packaging.

Shit. Nevermind. Otome Tairan sold out already. I doubt they'll restock.

I managed to snag a copy of Shin Koihime Muso: Otome Tairan at rightstuf. It was showing sold out earlier but I just refreshed the page before and it showed 1 quantity. So I was wondering, is it "claimed" if it's added to the cart? Did someone have it in their cart and they took it out so it became available again? Or does the counter only decrease from a completed purchase? Just wondering if keeping something in the cart is a safe way to hold your copy while you decide on the purchase.

And as an update, if you remember 2 weeks ago I received my Clannad After Story bluray with a big boxcutter dent in the case. I emailed rightstuf that night but didn't hear back so I got on their live chat today and they said they couldn't find my email. They're sending me a replacement case tomorrow, so it's fine by me.

Got an email saying the Funi sale is extended but it seems like pretty much everything went up in price, not really back to the original prices but UP none the less. Also the viz stuff ended on Amazon.

How do you track rightstuf packages?
You should get a shipping confirmation email with the usps tracking number, it's also listed on the order via The website

it's nice to see a mega deal that actually feels like a mega deal instead of just barely more off then our normal company sales deal.

that being said I have no clue if that product usually goes for around that price.

as for the actual deals today... nothing really stood out... I feel like pretty much any series of interest today had been on sale cheaper in the last year between amazon or rightstuf.

RS Wave 3 is up.

Just picked up all of Aria not long ago and that is a great price for season 3. The only downside is finding the Season 1 box set unless RS finds a few to sell for the holidays like they did last year. 

Yeah Aria is great. Not for everyone though but one of my favorite animes.

^^^

Personally I'm glad. I'm broke till the 15th so it sucks anyway cause I can't buy anything haha.

^^^

Personally I'm glad. I'm broke till the 15th so it sucks anyway....
I just spent $300 with Funi, so I'll live, but I keep hoping the last few things that I was hoping to get this year pop up with Rightstuf. Otherwise I'm SOL for those items because this sale is the last big hurrah for a while.

I just spent $300 with Funi, so I'll live, but I keep hoping the last few things that I was hoping to get this year pop up with Rightstuf. Otherwise I'm SOL for those items because this sale is the last big hurrah for a while.
I'm in the same boat. Spent about $200 already with Funi. So yeah...sucks. Dang you Funimation! lol

Yeah I ended up spending $400 with Funi so far and $250 with rightstuf. Looking at Medaka Box Abnormal, I'll have to sleep on it lol.

That Funi Sale was too good, I know some of the prices were still good from what I heard but that is probably over.

All I know is that next year I'm going to have to save up. I'm thinking about $1000 just to be on the safe side. That is a lot for me as I am on a fixed income (Veterans don't get a lot haha) but I think I can get that. The sad part is $1000 is at least the minimum one would need.

Realistically I can probably manage to save up to at least $600. $1000 would be nice but I dunno.

Here's the updated stock counter for Rightstuf,

Waves 1-3

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression DVD (Hyb) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $3.99*(87% Off) - 0 Left

Papuwa DVD Box Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $7.99*(87% Off) - 0 Left

Special A (S.A) DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $12.99*(78% Off) - In stock

Xam'd DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - 0 Left

[SIZE=12pt]Ranma 1/2 Blu-ray Set 1 (Hyb) Special Edition [/SIZE]Retail: $54.97Your Price: $27.49*(50% Off) - 0 Left @ Sale Price

Blood Lad DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - 0 Left @ Sale Price

[SIZE=12pt]K DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Limited Editionhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http://www.rightstuf.com/i/782009242956&pid=12220957 [/SIZE]Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - 0 Left @ Sale Price

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Sp... Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - 0 Left @ Sale Price

[SIZE=12pt]Kobato DVD Collection 1 (S)http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http://www.rightstuf.com/i/sfkb100&pid=12220957 [/SIZE]Retail: $49.98Your Price: $7.99*(84% Off) - 0 Left

Blade of the Phantom Master (Shin Angyo Onshi) DVD (Hyb) Retail: $24.98Your Price: $2.29*(91% Off) - 0 Left

[SIZE=12pt]Get Backers Complete Series DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) - 0 Left[/SIZE]

Azumanga Daioh Lithograph Retail: $49.99Your Price: $19.99*(60% Off) - 78 Left

Golgo 13 DVD Collection 3 (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $7.99*(87% Off) - 0 Left

Day 1

Cosplay Complex/My Dear Marie DVD Double Pack (Hyb) Retail: $19.98Your Price: $6.99*(65% Off) - 28 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $8.99*(78% Off) - 11 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $9.99*(75% Off) - 47 Left

Emma Season 2 Box Set Retail: $49.99Your Price: $14.99*(70% Off) - 78 Left

Hello Kitty & Friends: Holiday Fun Box DVD (D) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $9.99*(67% Off) - 61 Left

Kaleido Star: New Wings DVD Box Set (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - 0 Left

Kekkaishi DVD Set 1 (Hyb) Retail: $24.98Your Price: $11.24*(55% Off) - 0 Left

Mayo Chiki! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 0 Left

Excel Saga Plush: Menchi Rug Retail: $9.99Your Price: $2.99*(70% Off) - 0 Left

Najica Blitz Tactics DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $12.99*(68% Off) - 0 Left

Naruto: Shippuden Movie 4 DVD: The Lost T Retail: $19.98Your Price: $8.99*(55% Off) - 63 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 1 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 79 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 2 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 79 Left

Nyan Koi! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 0 Left

Professor Layton Movie 1 DVD (Hyb): Profe Retail: $9.98Your Price: $4.49*(55% Off) - 0 Left

Day 2

Evangelion, Neon Genesis Directors Cut: Resurrection DVD (Hyb) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $2.99*(90% Off) - 29 Left

Gilgamesh DVD Box Set (Thinpak) Retail: $69.98Your Price: $10.99*(84% Off) - 0 Left

La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 1 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - Listings were inactive when sale went live
La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - Listings were inactive when sale went live
Saint Seiya DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $6.99*(86% Off) - 0 Left
Yugo the Negotiator DVD Collection (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $7.99*(80% Off) - 49 Left

Day 3

Eyeshield 21 DVD Collection 1 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 68 Left
Eyeshield 21 DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 80 Left

A lot of things from Day 2 actually went up in quantity from the previous day's update, so that may be saying something...

Curious.... Did anyone buy the presage of the time of eve book where they put your name if you buy it before hand...? If so, did you guys ever got an email about it yet? I heard they sent out some emails but I never got anything...
Sorry if this isn't a deal but it's something about a deal stated a while ago I think...

Today's RS Mega Deal

mega017.jpg

Aria The Origination (Season 3) + Arietta OVA DVD Collection

$9.99

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/VY-PltQuN273VwrLog/browse/item/103984/4/0/0
Great, the first MegaDeal I actually want and I don't have enough in my cart for free shipping--just Part 4 of Gundam Unicorn. Do I order both of those now and swallow the $4.49 shipping, or order just Aria with $3.49 shipping on the off-chance that I'll find more things later on to order with Gundam UC...?

Great, the first MegaDeal I actually want and I don't have enough in my cart for free shipping--just Part 4 of Gundam Unicorn. Do I order both of those now and swallow the $4.49 shipping, or order just Aria with $3.49 shipping on the off-chance that I'll find more things later on to order with Gundam UC...?
The second thing. Just pretend it's really $13.48 for the deal!

It looks like Funimation's Cyber Monday sale is still ongoing so if you missed out on anything there is still time to get in on some good deals.

bread's done
Back