Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't picked up the Eva movies please go do so. Albeit Eva 2.22 will not come with the Orange slip that all of us went searching for and it won't come with the Mari slip either. 1.11 may come with the slip but I don't remember. Mushishi is a great anime at a great price. Short Peace was really good imo and Ninja Scroll was less than a buck on gohastings with the 45% off sale. Finally, how ironic that Fry's put up a sale on Fate/Stay Night and it's still a better sale than RightStuf's

Damn there's a good amount of stuff I want today, I don't know what to think of AKB if anyone can recommend it though. Also I've never watched Fate/Stay and I don't know how the series goes, is it worth it to get Fate/Stay Night?

i won't get but like 5 bucks, i may just give it to my brother for xmas
Give it to meeeeeee! lol.

Don't you just love getting repeats of some volumes or the eventual dvd because you bought the blu and not knowing what to do with it.

Damn there's a good amount of stuff I want today, I don't know what to think of AKB if anyone can recommend it though. Also I've never watched Fate/Stay and I don't know how the series goes, is it worth it to get Fate/Stay Night?
So here's the low down and I'll make it as simple as possible

First Fry's has Fate Stay Night for 7.99 this weekend and free shipping so that's your best deal

Fate/Stay is a Light Novel multiple paths

Fate/Stay Night emphasizes one of the paths in detail while barely mentioning the other two

Then game Fate/Stay Unlimited Blade Works which emphasized Unlimited Blade Works it was adapted into a movie that is either revered or hated. It's pretty cheap and kinda good

Fate Kalied Prism is an alternate storyline so only get that if you like Shoujo or want more Fate in your life

Fate Zero is pretty recent and covers the prequel of the series and is published by Aniplex which means 60 bucks for a set of 12 episodes. There are 2. Only watch this after you watched Fate Stay Night because Zero is a huge spoiler for alot of things

Moving forward Fate Stay Unlimited Blade Works is currently a tv series which hopes to go more in depth with UBW route of the Light Novel that was not covered in the original movie. It is currently running and will make its way to blu ray eventually

Finally the final route of Fate Stay Heaven's Feel which is the third route is being adapted next year with a pseudo reboot of the original Fate Stay Night, however, it'll emphasize the third path.

Very confusing. Yes. Good. Absolutely. So for now buy Fate/Stay Night and UBW the movie. Buy Kalied Prism if you so desperately want to. Don't forget to pick up Fate Zero if you have the cash. Next year UBW the tv series will be released and then a few years after that Heaven's Feel.

If you haven't watch any of the Fate series I would say it's worth it. The original TV series mainly focus on the Fate route with a sprinkle of the other 2 route, UBW and Heaven's Feel, thrown in. The adaptation is a bit weak, especially the 1st half, but then you can go watch Fate/Zero, a prequel, next which is excellent. I would skip the UBW movie and watch the UBW TV series that's airing now. The movie was basically fan service and doesn't explain any of the back story.

If you want to watch Fate/Zero, just watch it on Crackle or Crunchyroll instead of paying a gazillion dollars for the set.

Unlimited Blade Works the Movie will make no sense whatsoever if you have never touched the franchise before. But it is very, very, very pretty.

Here's updated stock counter through Day 7,

Waves 1-3

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression DVD (Hyb) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $3.99*(87% Off) - Listing deactivated

Papuwa DVD Box Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $7.99*(87% Off) - 1 Left

Special A (S.A) DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $12.99*(78% Off) - In stock

Xam'd DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]Ranma 1/2 Blu-ray Set 1 (Hyb) Special Edition [/SIZE]Retail: $54.97Your Price: $27.49*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

Blood Lad DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]K DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Limited Editionhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http://www.rightstuf.com/i/782009242956&pid=12220957 [/SIZE]Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Sp... Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]Kobato DVD Collection 1 (S)http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http://www.rightstuf.com/i/sfkb100&pid=12220957 [/SIZE]Retail: $49.98Your Price: $7.99*(84% Off) - In Stock

Blade of the Phantom Master (Shin Angyo Onshi) DVD (Hyb) Retail: $24.98Your Price: $2.29*(91% Off) - Listing deactivated

[SIZE=12pt]Get Backers Complete Series DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) - Listing deactivated[/SIZE]

Azumanga Daioh Lithograph Retail: $49.99Your Price: $19.99*(60% Off) - 73 Left

Golgo 13 DVD Collection 3 (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $7.99*(87% Off) - In Stock

Day 1

Cosplay Complex/My Dear Marie DVD Double Pack (Hyb) Retail: $19.98Your Price: $6.99*(65% Off) - 8 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $8.99*(78% Off) - 0 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $9.99*(75% Off) - 16 Left

Emma Season 2 Box Set Retail: $49.99Your Price: $14.99*(70% Off) - 57 Left

Hello Kitty & Friends: Holiday Fun Box DVD (D) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $9.99*(67% Off) - 54 Left

Kaleido Star: New Wings DVD Box Set (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - Listing deactivated

Kekkaishi DVD Set 1 (Hyb) Retail: $24.98Your Price: $11.24*(55% Off) - 0 Left

Mayo Chiki! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - In Stock

Excel Saga Plush: Menchi Rug Retail: $9.99Your Price: $2.99*(70% Off) - 0 Left

Najica Blitz Tactics DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $12.99*(68% Off) - 0 Left

Naruto: Shippuden Movie 4 DVD: The Lost T Retail: $19.98Your Price: $8.99*(55% Off) - 55 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 1 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 77 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 2 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 74 Left

Nyan Koi! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - In Stock

Professor Layton Movie 1 DVD (Hyb): Profe Retail: $9.98Your Price: $4.49*(55% Off) - 0 Left

Day 2

Evangelion, Neon Genesis Directors Cut: Resurrection DVD (Hyb) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $2.99*(90% Off) - 16 Left

Gilgamesh DVD Box Set (Thinpak) Retail: $69.98Your Price: $10.99*(84% Off) - 0 Left

La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 1 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - Listings were inactive when sale went live
La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - Listings were inactive when sale went live
Saint Seiya DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $6.99*(86% Off) - 0 Left
Yugo the Negotiator DVD Collection (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $7.99*(80% Off) - 30 Left

Day 3
Eyeshield 21 DVD Collection 1 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 4 Left
Eyeshield 21 DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 18 Left

Day 4
Doki Doki School Hours CD Soundtrack Retail: $14.98Your Price: $ 1.99 *(87% Off) - 54 Left
Madlax DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $69.98Your Price: $14.99*(79% Off) - 16 Left
Qwaser of Stigmata DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $12.49*(75% Off) - 60 Left
Qwaser of Stigmata II DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $12.49*(75% Off) - 56 Left
Saiyuki DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $9.99*(80% Off) - Listing deactivated

Day 5
Girl Who Leapt Through Space, The DVD 4 (S) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $8.99*(70% Off) - 90 Left
Grrl Power DVD (Hyb)Retail: $14.98 Your Price: $3.99*(73% Off) - 4 Left
Yumeria DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $44.98Your Price: $6.99*(84% Off) - 0 Left

Day 6
Puni Puni Poemi/Kekko Kamen DVD Double Pack (Hyb) Retail: $26.98Your Price: $5.99*(78% Off) - 6 Left

Day 7
N/A

If you want to watch Fate/Zero, just watch it on Crackle or Crunchyroll instead of paying a gazillion dollars for the set.

Unlimited Blade Works the Movie will make no sense whatsoever if you have never touched the franchise before. But it is very, very, very pretty.
The dub/sub is also on Netflix. I watched it all on there last month. I also enjoy my UK box set of it. :p

Really want Mondaiji but I feel it can get much cheaper...The sales seem to be getting better add the days go on.
I wouldn't say much cheaper, but probably similar to the majority of the $23.99 Section 23 titles from this year, but for next year's sale.

But yeah, I really want Mondai too. T___T

69.98-Set 1

59.98-Set 2

70 bucks for 12 episodes is really extreme

60 bucks for another 12 can be likened to a video game at least for me. Guess if I really want them that bad I'll have to skip out on GTA

Those prices are only for DVD though so they might as well not exist.
Whatever is cheaper. I have no problem with DVD especially if its gonna save me 5-10 bucks. Everyone on here moans at the sight of DVD, however, I see no issue. Sure the quality isn't as good but is still an anime? Of course. And is it good? Of course. With the money I save on average with buying DVD over Blu I can by multiple series. I only buy Blu if the set is only available in Blu or there are killer features and have nots.

Whatever is cheaper. I have no problem with DVD especially if its gonna save me 5-10 bucks. Everyone on here moans at the sight of DVD, however, I see no issue. Sure the quality isn't as good but is still an anime? Of course. And is it good? Of course. With the money I save on average with buying DVD over Blu I can by multiple series. I only buy Blu if the set is only available in Blu or there are killer features and have nots.

Booooo jk

The blu-ray difference is not that huge when it comes to anime. Unless it's movie quality animation it's really not a big improvement. I honestly care more when it comes to live action stuff.

The blu-ray difference is not that huge when it comes to anime. Unless it's movie quality animation it's really not a big improvement. I honestly care more when it comes to live action stuff.
Agreed. Live action is Blu Ray only or bust. If you're going to get me a new release for my birthday or Christmas it best be Blu-Ray. The quality is unmatched. More so, you get all the great special features, interviews, etc. I don't understand why they still make DVD only for live action stuff. It rarely gets bought nowadays and the jump to Blu-Ray in terms of price is about 6-8 bucks more on average and you get a digital copy to sell off and make some of that money back.

Yeah, I was waffling on upgrading to the Clannad Blu-rays, after picking up the DVD sets for super-cheap a couple years back from DeepDiscount.  Then I remembered how terrible the dub is and that the DVDs are perfectly fine video quality-wise.

... But if RightStuf ever releases Utena Blu-rays, I'm totally upgrading.  You hear that, RightStuf?  UTENA BLU-RAYS NOW, PLEASE.

Yeah, I was waffling on upgrading to the Clannad Blu-rays, after picking up the DVD sets for super-cheap a couple years back from DeepDiscount. Then I remembered how terrible the dub is and that the DVDs are perfectly fine video quality-wise.
I started Clannad last night and its super hilarious at least the first part is. Speaking of the dub it is absolutely atrocious. Laughable at best. No emotion. I'll take 4Kids over this dub anyday. I also started Golgo 13 and realized just how bad the subs are on this.

I dont see a point of getting DVDs unless they are heavily discounted or they will never make the BD jump.
+1, why get the DVD when the blu ray is out? That is just stupid. Plus the fact remains you will get better quality. Granted some are just upscales but still that is better then DVD.
I mean pop in High School DxD DVD and then the blu ray. You can clearly see the differences in quality. Why would you want a lesser quality if you can get the blu ray?
Would you buy a Pixar DVD when the blu ray clearly is superior? Why treat Anime any different.

It all depends on who is doing the conversion. If the studio in question that is handling it just is up converting it of course it isn't going to look good. Or if the master is crap then yeah the quality will probably suffer.

But there is a clear difference and those that can't see this might need to get their eyes checked.
And sure you are saving money buying DVD's. But you give us up quality in return. I would rather own the blu ray then cheap out and get inferior quality. And with all the sales and or if you take the time to find the blu ray you can get it for just as cheap if not cheaper then the DVD.

I will only buy DVD if that is the only choice for the show. If the show does have blu ray then I'm going to try to get that one.

I jumped on the Eva 1.11 and 2.22 BD's.
enjoy! they are really really awesome. hopefully this month we also get 3.33. quality on these things are amazing. go watch the original series and end of evangelion the movie if already haven't. really really good show. probably in my top anime list.

enjoy! they are really really awesome. hopefully this month we also get 3.33. quality on these things are amazing. go watch the original series and end of evangelion the movie if already haven't. really really good show. probably in my top anime list.
I've always planned on watching all of these in a row, so I'll probably do it over this winter break.

Forgot to mention, I also grabbed Welcome to the NHK as well.

GitS 25th Anniversary Blu for 8 bucks. I'll take it

I've always planned on watching all of these in a row, so I'll probably do it over this winter break.
If I may offer a recommendation watch the original series 25 episodes first. Then watch End of Evangelion the movie. Afterwards watch 1.11 and 2.22 since they are an alternate telling of the series. If you can try collecting all of Evangelion. The singles can be a pricey seeing as there a multitude of them. The platinum edition is also really pricey. Beware of bootlegs. Also good luck finding a copy of End of Evangelion.,

Does anyone know how long Rightstuff usually takes to send out its products? I picked the free shipping since I am sure that will change things.

I also havn't been charged yet and I ordered like 2-3 days ago 

It's not super fast. Probably close to a week after you order. Unless you have something in the order that isn't in stock, then it'll take like 2 more weeks before they ship the available items. And they use media mail, so another week for that.

But they do keep you updated, unlike Funimation. I haven't gotten any notification about my two orders after the confirmations.

Edit: Nevermind, Funimation shipped one of my orders. I just forgot. In fact, it's already in Bell Gardens, CA, the regional sorting area.

Edit: Nevermind, Funimation shipped one of my orders. I just forgot. In fact, it's already in Bell Gardens, CA, the regional sorting area.
Oh bell gardens. How I hate thee. 2 hours away from my house and it doesn't get here until 2 days later. Bell Gardens one day I'll visit you

It's not super fast. Probably close to a week after you order. Unless you have something in the order that isn't in stock, then it'll take like 2 more weeks before they ship the available items. And they use media mail, so another week for that.

But they do keep you updated, unlike Funimation. I haven't gotten any notification about my two orders after the confirmations.

Oh ok good, at least Ill hear from them. Thanks for the info!

Great prices on Eureka Seven.

And Freezing (if you like ecchi).

And Toriko collection 1.

Don't think I'm getting anything today though.

I think it's been asked before, but can anyone recommend a good app to scan and track my anime and video game collection?
I'd like to know this as well. I have a MAL, but I'd like something to track how much of it I own. Barcode scanning would be great as well.

I checked DVD Shelf that someone linked earlier, but I can't find anything similar for iOS.

GitS 25th Anniversary Blu for 8 bucks. I'll take it
If I may offer a recommendation watch the original series 25 episodes first. Then watch End of Evangelion the movie. Afterwards watch 1.11 and 2.22 since they are an alternate telling of the series. If you can try collecting all of Evangelion. The singles can be a pricey seeing as there a multitude of them. The platinum edition is also really pricey. Beware of bootlegs. Also good luck finding a copy of End of Evangelion.,
I'll watch it in that order, but I think I'll hold off on collecting all of it until the BD re-releases that they're probably gonna do anyways, depending on how 3.33 sells.

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Eureka Seven parts 1 and 2 are $18 each for 25 ep parts... that's not bad for a decent show.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]That seems to be a decent price for freezing... and okish ecchi series[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]I've heard good things about [/SIZE]Gankutsuou but I haven't watched it myself... $12 isn't bad for that though.

Phantom is a decent series for $12 (hellsing and kino's journey are also good cheap buys but they are dvd only)

overall some good prices on good series... but I don't see really much to buy myself :( 

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Eureka Seven parts 1 and 2 are $18 each for 25 ep parts... that's not bad for a decent show.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]That seems to be a decent price for freezing... and okish ecchi series[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]I've heard good things about [/SIZE]Gankutsuou but I haven't watched it myself... $12 isn't bad for that though.

Phantom is a decent series for $12 (hellsing and kino's journey are also good cheap buys but they are dvd only)

overall some good prices on good series... but I don't see really much to buy myself :(
Gankutsuou is worth it at that price. By far Gonzo's best show.

I have no word on my Funi order other then the confirmation email I got when I placed the order.  I hope it gets here this week since I will be away the next week sigh...

AND THE MEGA DEAL IS!!!!!!

another show I don't care about :p

princess nine complete series $20

also day 8 is up... lets see if there is anything worth noting :p
Damn you MegaDeals! Nothing I care about at least. When I think of a Mega-Deal I'm thinking something from Aniplex being cheap. Not another Shoujo or Ecchi

Great prices on Eureka Seven.

And Freezing (if you like ecchi).

And Toriko collection 1.

Don't think I'm getting anything today though.
Toriko really stood out and so did Berserk for me

I'll watch it in that order, but I think I'll hold off on collecting all of it until the BD re-releases that they're probably gonna do anyways, depending on how 3.33 sells.
I don't think it lies on how 3.33 sells. 3.33 hasn't even come out yet on Blu Ray. Although preorders did close for a while then reopened. A Blu Ray release will probably happen based off how the Japanese Blu Ray release does and that will probably be really expensive so there's that.

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]I've heard good things about [/SIZE]Gankutsuou but I haven't watched it myself... $12 isn't bad for that though.

Eureka Seven PT 2 has been cheaper on Amazon I believe. Not PT 1. I need PT2 to finish off my chipboard. Phantom is a good price and Hellsing is too. Although I'd recommend Ultimate over the original (didn't use og this time guys) solely because the original (see i refrained) gets so boring at times and it isn't even that long. Now Ultimate on the other hand and the Major's speech soooooooo good

Leave it to Aniplex to put the import Fate/zero for sale instead of the US version lol
Right? As soon as I saw Fate/Zero my heart jumped and my wallet cried. Then I read import and my wallet smiled and my heart cried. Whyyyyyyy? Although depending on what I get for Christmas I may just put in an order for Set 1 and then ask my generous uncle for Set 2 since its the cheaper and he's been pestering me of what to buy.

I have no word on my Funi order other then the confirmation email I got when I placed the order. I hope it gets here this week since I will be away the next week sigh...
Well as soon as they send you your tracking you can call your post office and tell them to hold it instead of putting it on a truck for you. I've done it before when I went away this past summer for a week and had my Gundam Box Set, Full Metal Panic Box Set among other items coming in with no one to receive them.

Best price I've seen for the complete Gatchaman series on Bluray. As a huge fan of the show, this sale is making me consider upgrading from old ADV DVDs.

To the convo from a few pages back. If a blu-ray version exists, then the DVD is worthless to me, and I would only consider it if it's free. I will never choose an inferior version of anything--especially when I am paying for it.

As for Gankutsuo, that show is really amazing. I love anime adaptations of classic stories. And Phantom is a giant piece of crap. The dub was fairly bad, and the characters act in extremely unbelievable ways. I came away being very negative about it.

I have no word on my Funi order other then the confirmation email I got when I placed the order. I hope it gets here this week since I will be away the next week sigh...
Same here. My cyber Monday is still processing... Idk why but when I check the track order form in the website... Fractale has a return process comment for some reason...

GoHastings has some killer sales, however, the worst part getting your order mailed individually and the fact that they use UPS Mail Innovations. I made 2 orders and I am getting 5 packages. Never mind its Mail Innovations so all 5 packages will take forever to get here and most likely get here on the same day. Gonna have to call the Post Office and tell them to put a hold or ask someone to stay home that day.

And Phantom is a giant piece of crap. The dub was fairly bad, and the characters act in extremely unbelievable ways. I came away being very negative about it.
I thought it was pretty good. It isn't MSRP good but bargain bin good. Pretty short and enjoyable

OK, I am not the most well-versed DiGi Charat fan, but WTF is Winter Garden?

EDIT: SecondSpin has 40% Off all Used with $30 or more purchase with code SSCMA40

EDIT: SecondSpin has 40% Off all Used with $30 or more purchase with code SSCMA40
Saw that 40% off and my heart skipped a beat. Then I read with 30 or more purchase. damn you secondspin and tell fye i want my money back for the mischarge!!!

Edit Une: You know what the best kind of bootlegs are? The one's that have the email address on the back near the product info. So if you ever want to buy another bootleg you can go ahead and email these people. Was just browsing eBay and couldn't believe the amount of bids on a bootleg and saw the email. *sigh*

bread's done
Back