Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's $14.99. ;D
Yeah they changed it again after I posted it. I was trying to find a picture so people could see. I mean it isn't like most of us knew or know what HAL was, haha. So I'm looking for a picture. Then I refresh it and bam price drop. lol

Got my Bubblegum Crisis blu-ray set finally

IMG_20141221_245501_039.jpg

What extras?

All of the initial prints come with it, so until they do a reprint, you're good to go (assuming you're talking about Hal).
Yes, Hal is what I was talking about. Just wasn't sure as the MegaDeal page didn't list anything about the box and alternate covers.

Still waiting for my Bubblegum Crisis set. Sucks that it took them so long to get it finished (August 2014 was the original "release date") because this is the absolute worst time of year to be shipping stuff out with delays and such.

Oh no, delayed a couple months. Boohoo. I'm still waiting on the second thing I've ever backed on Kickstarter, which was due in February 2013..

Just got charged for Log Horizon part 2, Maid-sama BD, and Little Busters Refrain :D Been looking forward to the second half of the Log Horizon dub. 

My initial reaction was "why did he get HIS?" Then I realized you ordered the limited edition.

So how does the show look?
I received my base set yesterday and while I haven't had a chance to watch the discs yet... I was happy with it having a cardstock slipcover... I was pretty disappointed during the "crowdproduction" phase, and had very low expectations for this set... but so far I'm pleasantly surprised.

Been holding off for a decent Megadeal before placing a large order. Starting to become a long wait~ lol
Well it might be longer. We only have 5 more days of out lol. But at least we can still order the regular deals till the 28th.

Discotek announced that they got S1 and S2 of Yowamushi Pedal

They also got Lupin III: Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone (also getting a Dub), Toei's Little Mermaid, Iria- Zeiram the Animation and CB Chara Go Nagai.

In January they will have 5 announcements including the big one they been hinting at.

They also got Lupin III: Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone (also getting a Dub), Toei's Little Mermaid, Iria- Zeiram the Animation and CB Chara Go Nagai.

In January they will have 5 announcements including the big one they been hinting at.
More Lupin is always welcome.

Edit: I know you were all concerned about my BGC set, but apparently it was delivered on Saturday, so I'll pick it up come Christmas time. I'll soon be reliving my youth of trying to watch the boomer get chewed up in the first episode in slow motion. I have a feeling it will be much more clear than the vhs tape I watched.

While am only interested in the Lupin film(mainly since it has Takeshi Koike as director) it is nice see Discotek picking up newer shows.

This isn't an anime announcement. Namco is bring J-Stars Victory VS+ to the US for PS3, PS4 and Vita. They are also bringing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 to PS3, PS4, Vita and PC.

Here are the trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4JtEqlyos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sudEOMFyuk

Wow, a new Lupin dub from Discotek. Did they announce what cast they will use?
nope. This will be the first dub they ever do

Wow, J-Stars! I didn't know what the heck was going on in the story so hopefully the translation will bring to light just what the plot exactly was.

What would be different with the "plus" version? Just better graphics? If they add in new characters that'd be great.

I think I'll have to lock myself in a room to catch up to Gintama. So many episodes..........

How good is J-Stars Victory? I kind of wanted to import it but the graphics/gameplay looked a little wonky. Games like that tend to have a terrible camera too since so much can be happening. I did however like Jump Super/Ultimate Stars so playing a Jump game without using a mandatory card system would be great.

Speaking of Jump games, the stories in those games have always been bizarre. I remember watching a Retro Game Master (Gamecenter CX) episode of Famicom Jump and it was pretty funny since they put you through so much BS. It's a pretty good watch though just to see his frustration and nostalgia. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwhanHqZ9Nc

so this isn't a deal but it is good information for anime fans. Funimation updated their site and their player now does a number of new things

On on hand I can do something like

which means I don't have to remember where i left off anymore.

on the other hand the site is still a pain to navigate, and setting up this list took a lot more effort to do then it should have... as to add a show to that list I have to search via the main show search, if I go to the recent episode stuff or and watching an episode it doesn't seem like I can add the series to my list :/

edit: it seems I can also add shows from the queue as well.

so this isn't a deal but it is good information for anime fans. Funimation updated their site and their player now does a number of new things

On on hand I can do something like

which means I don't have to remember where i left off anymore.

on the other hand the site is still a pain to navigate, and setting up this list took a lot more effort to do then it should have... as to add a show to that list I have to search via the main show search, if I go to the recent episode stuff or and watching an episode it doesn't seem like I can add the series to my list :/

edit: it seems I can also add shows from the queue as well.
i highly recommend rage of bahamut: genesis. and lord marksman and vandis contains a good among of ecchi tho, but has a good plot

Thanks, I heard. ARE YOU READY? LET'S PARTY!!!

Been holding off for a decent Megadeal before placing a large order. Starting to become a long wait~ lol
The megadeals have been the worst part of the rightstuf deals so far.

That said, I ended up spending $200 on rightstuf. I wasn't even planning on buying anything this year. Dammit.

Thanks, I heard. ARE YOU READY? LET'S PARTY!!!

The megadeals have been the worst part of the rightstuf deals so far.

That said, I ended up spending $200 on rightstuf. I wasn't even planning on buying anything this year. Dammit.
Don't feel bad; I spent around $1,000 on anime from Thanksgiving to now >_>

Has everyone who ordered from Funimation's Cyber Monday sale received their stuff?  It's going on week 3  here and no update or response from Funi. about my order  They really need to improve their online shop.

[quote name="mxwise" post="12351788" timestamp="1419286254"]Has everyone who ordered from Funimation's Cyber Monday sale received their stuff?  It's going on week 3  here and no update or response from Funi. about my order  They really need to improve their online shop.[/quote[quote name="mxwise" post="12351788" timestamp="1419286254"]Has everyone who ordered from Funimation's Cyber Monday sale received their stuff?  It's going on week 3  here and no update or response from Funi. about my order  They really need to improve their online shop.[/quote]

I received my cyber Monday order & new ordered as well ;)

Has everyone who ordered from Funimation's Cyber Monday sale received their stuff? It's going on week 3 here and no update or response from Funi. about my order They really need to improve their online shop.
I got my cyber Monday stuff a week or two ago. I would use the contact form on the website because that got me a faster response than a typical email. I didn't get my cowboy bebop premium edition because of a debit card problem. Sent an email. No response. Sent a contact form response, got a reply 3 days later. Reply from that took another week. Now this week my cbpe shipped today. So it took 2 weeks for my thing to ship. It takes a while.
Also this may be useful to you. They sent me a like that wasn't on the Funimation site. It's their net suite account so you can check your order status and change/update payment stuff.
https://checkout.netsuite.com/c.3335099/shop/login.ssp?whence=&origin=customercenter&sc=6&login=T#login-register

For the J Stars game seems like they are going to cut characters for the US release.
Ugh, lame. Was shocked by the announcement as I was wondering if Funimation/Viz and god knows who else would agree to have all of their properties in one place. Pretty sure it's why previous Jump games never touched US shores. Not to mention the average gamer won't even know who half of the characters are.

Ugh, lame. Was shocked by the announcement as I was wondering if Funimation/Viz and god knows who else would agree to have all of their properties in one place. Pretty sure it's why previous Jump games never touched US shores. Not to mention the average gamer won't even know who half of the characters are.
Viz won't have any issues, they are owned by the same company that produces shounen jump, aka the people who own all of the japanese rights to those characters.

I also doubt funimation will have an issue with their series that they have licenced as it's advertisment for dbz.

if any characters get cut it will likely be the unknown ones or gintama (as sentai have the rights to that in NA and likely would want money to try to make up for the failed license)

bread's done
Back