Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Worth picking up all the Hellsing at these prices? Never seen the original or ultimate myself.
Hellsing Ultimate is brilliant. It's very much like a Quentin Tarantino film; it's just oozing with style and is 'cool' as hell. It's also absolutely gorgeous, and the dub is fantastic. It's a very, very enjoyable experience.

How's ground control to psycho electricgirl? Is it worth buying.
Just finished it this morning and I enjoyed it. The character designer was the same as Haganai so it had a similar charm to it.

Just got an email from funimation and they are sending me replacement packaging for both of my cowboy bebop sets.

Funimation put out a update on the Evangelion 3.33

We are working directly with the Japanese studio and the original creator on the upcoming Evangelion 3.33 home video release. This is a unique opportunity that presented itself to us, and since the plot for Evangelion 3.33 is so different from previous story lines, we are thrilled that the creator has asked to be so heavily involved in this project. Studio Khara has even decided that they would like to create their own special subtitle tracks for the release! We thank you for your continued patience as we work to confirm a release date. Please keep an eye on our social channels and our website for more updates!

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/12/23/watch-1-11-and-2-22-on-12-27/

Crazy so much fuss came from the Japanese creators over probably the weakest entry in this series yet. To each their own as always, but it still kind of blows my mind on how the first two came out without a hitch then the third entry suddenly has these weird delays. I'm very curious on what Funimation was doing "wrong".

Funimation app is now on ps3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Yeah, but it came out 4 months after the 360 version, and a full month after the 6 months for $20 promo they ran for their 20th anniversary ran out.

Today's RS Mega Deal

61P811eVpdL._SL250_.jpg

Tylor, Irresponsible Captain OVA Series DVD Collection

$13.49

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/c-a6f8JMotpNdYJ7YR/browse/item/104385/4/0/0

And....

71e1TFPZbYL._SL250_.jpg

Tylor, Irresponsible Captain TV Series DVD Collection (Litebox)

$17.99

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/c-a6f8JMotpNdYJ7YR/browse/item/104386/4/0/0

The OVAs are a wonderful story, with great animation, the director just died (I think) so it never got completed.  It's still really good despite this.

Just a quick heads up on Mega Deals, it was originally planned to run until the 26th, but now they have confirmed it will run until the end of the sale, so the 28th is now the end date for Mega Deals.

The OVAs are a wonderful story, with great animation, the director just died (I think) so it never got completed. It's still really good despite this.
If I recall correctly, I believe the original director who did the TV series dropped out at the start of the OVA, so they basically passed it off to the next guy to just finish the rest of the it off since the project was more or less dropped at that point, so it may explain why it felt rushed, and really opened ended by the end.

The OVAs are a wonderful story, with great animation, the director just died (I think) so it never got completed. It's still really good despite this.
Going to have to agree to disagree on that. The only decent episodes of it were the first two,which even then had issues.The characters for one have so many out of character moments(especially Dom).It really felt like author forgot how to write the characters. After it's just a bunch of boring side stories that don't affect the overall narrative at all(the only that had point was the one with Azalyn). Then the studio switch replaced the original character designs with more generic looking ones. The biggest issue though is the tittle character barely being in the show,which is an issue here since they focus way too much on the one dimensional characters.

Dang I placed a large order not as large as squares orders but anyways I placed it on the 17th and still haven't got a Shipping confirmation. Should I be worried?

Dang I placed a large order not as large as squares orders but anyways I placed it on the 17th and still haven't got a Shipping confirmation. Should I be worried?
No. Something may be backordered. If that's the case, they do regular partial shipments but I think that happens twice a month.

Check your order status on the website.

Depends on what you've ordered.

They've been having stock issues with certain items, so if you had any of those that was on the borderline of going oos, they may be scrambling to try and fulfill your order.

You shouldn't have to worry too much thought since it'll still ship, but it's a matter of when.

Have you checked your order status on the website yet to see what the status of each item you ordered is currently at?

The only thing I've ever had Rightstuf cancel on me was a figure preorder, when I first started buying them. Needless to say, I don't order figures from them any more.

I placed my order on the 15th and didn't get a confirmation until yesterday. One of my items was on backorder, so they're going to send me a partial shipment. Going to agree with others that suggest you may have something on backorder.

At least you still have a chance of getting yours. My biggest RightStuf order reached the Post Office on November 24th and promptly disappeared from existence.

I Love, Love Live. That song is really good too. I hope they annouce Season 2 already.

And I didn't get much during the sale but after I get it all in I'll post a pic. Where is the Post Your Anime Haul thread at?

I Love, Love Live. That song is really good too. I hope they annouce Season 2 already.

And I didn't get much during the sale but after I get it all in I'll post a pic. Where is the Post Your Anime Haul thread at?
If we have one I don't know where~ lol

If we have one I don't know where~ lol
Hmm maybe we should make one. I don't even know where it would go. Since this is a deal thread, I don't think we could post it here. But I would hate to have to go all over the place to post you know. That being said, it would be nice to have one. I know we do at br.com and I post there when I can.

Love live is life.
Yes...yes it is. I need it in my life. Love that show. I hope the make a new one. I know we are supposed to get a movie but I would love have have Love Life Next or Love Live + or however the crazy Japanese like to name stuff. :)

Hmm maybe we should make one. I don't even know where it would go. Since this is a deal thread, I don't think we could post it here. But I would hate to have to go all over the place to post you know. That being said, it would be nice to have one. I know we do at br.com and I post there when I can.
Yeah I like the format for anime on br.com with a news/release thread, a anime haul thread, and then random threads for different releases so they don't crowd the main thread. I have only been going there a few months though and I have been on CAG for awhile.

With more work and less time I find myself buying more anime than games now (at least games I finish). I still like buying niche games though most just end up looking pretty. At least I watch the majority of the anime I buy lol.

Yeah I like the format for anime on br.com with a news/release thread, a anime haul thread, and then random threads for different releases so they don't crowd the main thread. I have only been going there a few months though and I have been on CAG for awhile.

With more work and less time I find myself buying more anime than games now (at least games I finish). I still like buying niche games though most just end up looking pretty. At least I watch the majority of the anime I buy lol.
As do I, I used to get games a lot as well but it is hard to balance games, movies, and other things. So I'm mainly working on getting the anime I missed out on. I still get a few games everyone now and then and thank God for this site for that aspect. As far as movies though I gotta use br.com. ;) :) But I love this site as well.

The mods would probably just tell us to dump it in the monthly pickup thread.
That would suck becuase it would get buried in non anime stuff. :(

Yes...yes it is. I need it in my life. Love that show. I hope the make a new one. I know we are supposed to get a movie but I would love have have Love Life Next or Love Live + or however the crazy Japanese like to name stuff. :)
You should totally play the mobile game. :lol: if ypu already arent

Kinda hope with the love love world wide website opening up... That lantis can release a physical form of muse in the us. I would buy those up immediately.

That would suck becuase it would get buried in non anime stuff. :(
To be fair, a good majority of the pickups thread are basically filled with anime pickups every month anyways since a good number of us in this thread also post in that thread often, so if anything, you're lagging behind us and need to join in the threads. ;D

To be fair, a good majority of the pickups thread are basically filled with anime pickups every month anyways since a good number of us in this thread also post in that thread often, so if anything, you're lagging behind us and need to join in the threads. ;D
Yea, half the posts there are from people here.

And it's still the 24th here, but I'm going back to play Persona Q after this. So Merry Christmas, you bunch of otakus.

You should totally play the mobile game. :lol: if ypu already arent
I have. :) I don't play it as much as I use to though. It sucks cause I never get any of the good cards. :( Plus I suck at the events so I never win of those either haha.

Kinda hope with the love love world wide website opening up... That lantis can release a physical form of muse in the us. I would buy those up immediately.
I really wanted to order the shirt that had the fingers on it but they were sold out. Plus I believe it was female size so yeah....

Hmm where is that thread at? And maybe they should move it here unless of course if it has games in it.

I wouldn't mind a nice Code Geass Collector's Edition!  :pray:

Though I'll take what I can get. I really want to rewatch the series!

bread's done
Back