Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a deal, but looking at my Netflix list, I noticed that Sengoku Basara and Bubblegum Crisis will be available until January 29 and January 22, respectively. If you were planning on watching them, you have about a month.

I sent an email to funimation about a return with all the pertinent information as their website instructs. They emailed me back a linking to their return policy. Suffice to say I'm annoyed. This was an email I sent a few days after black Friday.

I sent an email to funimation about a return with all the pertinent information as their website instructs. They emailed me back a linking to their return policy. Suffice to say I'm annoyed. This was an email I sent a few days after black Friday.
What was the exact issue again?

They seem to be prioritizing certain issues. When my Funi Bebop set was first shipped it was sent to the wrong state. I messaged them and did not receive a response until just a few days ago. This was sent to their general support email.

When I finally received my damaged Funi set I tweeted them about it and their support twitter told me to fill a form on their support page under product concern. I was messaged back within a day and was asked to send pictures to prove damage and was then sent a replacement case.

I think my funimation replacement queries took about a month between responses; but it was eventually sent out.

They seem to be prioritizing certain issues. When my Funi Bebop set was first shipped it was sent to the wrong state. I messaged them and did not receive a response until just a few days ago. This was sent to their general support email.

When I finally received my damaged Funi set I tweeted them about it and their support twitter told me to fill a form on their support page under product concern. I was messaged back within a day and was asked to send pictures to prove damage and was then sent a replacement case.
I ordered the Funi Exclusive Bebop and then we moved. Well, apparently nobody at Funimation has figured out how to make an update statement to a DB, as I didn't see any place to change my address. So I emailed support (which was what my order confirmation said to do).

About a week went by without so much as an autoresponse. Back to the website, find their support form. Finally after submitting that, they said they received my email and changed the address.

Luckily the item arrived at the correct house and was in great shape, but I am going to be pretty hesitant to order directly from their site again.

All these DDOS attacks sure made me appreciate buying blu-rays lol. Frend has been pissed with psn and CR having issues.
When my friend has issues with his CR, he just walks over to their main office to complain since he works in the same office building.

Funny thing is, he actually did that once, took his laptop to the front desk, and told them it wasn't working, and they were like, get out. lol!

When my friend has issues with his CR, he just walks over to their main office to complain since he works in the same office building.

Funny thing is, he actually did that once, took his laptop to the front desk, and told them it wasn't working, and they were like, get out. lol!
That is pretty awesome lol

How cheap do light novels usually get? Thinking about getting some during the Rightstuf year end clearance, but I actually haven't bought during a studio sale in years.

Sigh the only bad thing about the 12 days sales is some how every year I buy all .instock and available. Items and exactly one of them always magiaclly turns into on order from manufacturer causing my whole order to become backorder.

Slightly off topic, but my son entered the Rightstuf Yeti Trap contest and was selected. If you guys don't mind please vote for him to help him win. :D

His name is Landen M. and he is entry number 1.

Here is the link for the vote.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H26M986

Thank you.

Also Rail Gun Season 1 on blu ray dropped on Amazon to $28. Great deal if you don't have to cover the taxes.

Sigh the only bad thing about the 12 days sales is some how every year I buy all .instock and available. Items and exactly one of them always magiaclly turns into on order from manufacturer causing my whole order to become backorder.
Same happened to me. I try my hardest to budget anime money but when I do I prefer they take it now instead of a week and a half after I place the order.

Slightly off topic, but my son entered the Rightstuf Yeti Trap contest and was selected. If you guys don't mind please vote for him to help him win. :D
Done. Legos are cooler anyway. What will he get if he wins?

Thank you.

Also Rail Gun Season 1 on blu ray dropped on Amazon to $28. Great deal if you don't have to cover the taxes.
I'd have voted for his even if I didn't know you were related.

God that would be satisfying...their video player could use some work for sure.

How cheap do light novels usually get? Thinking about getting some during the Rightstuf year end clearance, but I actually haven't bought during a studio sale in years.
Bumping the question. There's a few I'm looking at getting as well and I usually wait for a studio sale. However, there are others on this thread that might have a better answer as to price and where to pick up LNs for cheap.

This is beyond YMMV and I was just plain lucky, but I picked up most of my Spice and Wolf and Haruhi LNs from Half Price Books. There must of been someone in the area of this particular store that received advance copies. I would start looking about a month out of a street date and usually found them in the clearance section right away. So, I picked up most of those titles for $2 each.

Funimation got the home video rights for Noragami, Danganronpa, Buddy Complex, Daimidaler: Prince VS. Penguin Empire, Terror in Resonance, Maken-Ki! Two, Selector Infected Wixoss, and Selector Spread Wixoss

Thank you.

I'd have voted for his even if I didn't know you were related.
Thank you roger. Trying to muster up as many votes as I can for him. I bombarded FB and Twitter (a whole 10 followers) haha and I asked my mother to post it on her page (Shameless I know)
So every vote you guys give really helps. If I win I will try to find something I can raffle off here.

Also thank goodness they are giving us Maken-Ki 2....can not wait.

Funimation got the home video rights for Noragami, Danganronpa, Buddy Complex, Daimidaler: Prince VS. Penguin Empire, Terror in Resonance, Maken-Ki! Two, Selector Infected Wixoss, and Selector Spread Wixoss
selector infected wixoss, and spread wixoss, is a must watch if you enjoyed Madoka Magica. also buddy complex, for those who actually enjoyed valvrave the liberator. so is terror in resonance, another underrated show

selector infected wixoss, and spread wixoss, is a must watch if you enjoyed Madoka Magica. also buddy complex, for those who actually enjoyed valvrave the liberator. so is terror in resonance, another underrated show
How the hell is Terror considered underrated? It was the talk of the season just because Shinichirō Watanabe was in the director's chair.

I'll take actual good ecchi like Heaven's Lost Property, High School DxD, or Sekirei
out of the three, sekirei is properly the most similar to maken-ki. sekirei also has the best story. but the character animation can use update. sadly, sekirei's sale was poor, so i highly doubt it will get another sequel.

high school dxd has the best story by far, which becomes more apparent if you decide to read the light novels. not sekirei.

Wish someone would announce they have the home video rights for Strike the Blood. :(
Go to Otakon Vegas and beg Rojas even though Funimation's Q&A is mostly useless since they can't answer really anything about potential or future releases. Seems like it would fit into Funimation's catalog but I can see Sentai grabbing it too. Guess we'll see. =/

bread's done
Back