Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Nisa doesn't bug me much since they are nicely packaged and not too much more expensive. Aniplex I am sort of iffy about since they have dropped the quality in their packaging lately and moved back to volume sets.

General question to all you anime sales experts, do aniplex releases ever get repackaged as sets and sold cheaper? For example, kill la kill is running like 60 bucks for 3 episodes (*gag*). They going to bundle that up and sell it for something closer to reasonable eventually? 

General question to all you anime sales experts, do aniplex releases ever get repackaged as sets and sold cheaper? For example, kill la kill is running like 60 bucks for 3 episodes (*gag*). They going to bundle that up and sell it for something closer to reasonable eventually?
Been thinking the same thing. I want to watch the series, dubbed, but MAN, I'm not paying even close to what they are selling for. Can't even find a used Blu-Ray of ONE of the discs for like less than 30, and I'd cringe if I paid 20 for one.

Never.

As for Pony Canyon US, I don't see this working out for them unless they get bigger name shows like AOA does.

Lol. no.

Serious though.

From what I can tell, nothing has ever dropped or been made into a complete collection yet. Things like Madoka were made into standard sets after the LE's went OOP though later sets like KLK started out with standard sets.

I just started watching Kill la Kill on Crunchyroll and it's the funniest shit I've watched lately however, I refuse to pay $60 for 3 or 4 episodes on a volume. As much as I want Kill la Kill I will not pay that much.

I just started watching Kill la Kill on Crunchyroll and it's the funniest shit I've watched lately however, I refuse to pay $60 for 3 or 4 episodes on a volume. As much as I want Kill la Kill I will not pay that much.
It is way over the top.

I didn't know what to expect at first, I've watched up to episode 5 in English dub. They have 9 released in Eng dub so far (that I know of).

From what I can tell, nothing has ever dropped or been made into a complete collection yet. Things like Madoka were made into standard sets after the LE's went OOP though later sets like KLK started out with standard sets.
The only one I can remember recently that was actually repackaged into smaller number of collections is Blue Exorcist, but that was only because the blu-rays were re-released that way, so for continuity the re-release of the DVD sets were also recompiled into two collections instead of the previous four part collection on DVD, but it's still not a complete collection.

As far as blu-rays are concerned, nothing that I can recall, but then again, there's really only been one time I can recall with DVDs, which was mentioned above, so not likely at all.

I'm sure if they ever do make a complete collection though it'd probably cost more to purchase in one set, than purchasing the parts separately. I'm sure Aniplex would justify it because they put it all together for you in a single package, so convenience fee of $100 is automatically attached.

Don't forget that the Clannad kickstarted ends soon. It's the only time to get the fancier packaging.

I know Aniplex Usa has no plans to rerelease Madoka in a complete/cheaper set so I doubt they will ever sell and make a complete cheaper set of any of their stuff.

I bet the prices we see from the new anime licensed by Right Stuf is going to be testing grounds for what Gundam will be priced as on Blu. I just hope since it's older that Gundam will be a little cheaper but I got a real bad feeling that every Blu from RS will be priced high and be a fancy LE with no standard version. Just like our Anplex buddies. 

Anyone else notice we got the 10k+ sticker?  :D/

Thanks for the responses, I figured that would be the answer. I adore kill la kill, and apparently the dub was well made. Looking forward to watching it. 

I bet the prices we see from the new anime licensed by Right Stuf is going to be testing grounds for what Gundam will be priced as on Blu. I just hope since it's older that Gundam will be a little cheaper but I got a real bad feeling that every Blu from RS will be priced high and be a fancy LE with no standard version. Just like our Anplex buddies.
Can't wait. Gimmie them premium Gundam sets.

It all comes down to what Bandai feels is good pricing.That and it's just DVD's so far,so Gundam fans better put their money where their mouth is,and support the upcoming releases.

It all comes down to what Bandai feels is good pricing.That and it's just DVD's so far,so Gundam fans better put their money where their mouth is,and support the upcoming releases.
I'm a big Gundam fan, but after supporting that Zeta release only to get dubtitles, then see the cheaper later release get fixed... I might wait and see. Unicorn Blu was the first Gundam series I never bothered completing because of price, though I would pay extra for some actual premium release items... just not sure I'd double dip on stuff that was already released on DVD.

I'm a big Gundam fan, but after supporting that Zeta release only to get dubtitles, then see the cheaper later release get fixed... I might wait and see. Unicorn Blu was the first Gundam series I never bothered completing because of price, though I would pay extra for some actual premium release items... just not sure I'd double dip on stuff that was already released on DVD.
The only series getting a re-release so far is the original series. Turn A Gundam,and ZZ Gundam are getting released here for the first time.

I'm debating on starting Cowboy Bebop or Hellsing Ultimate. I know they are two different animes (in a sense) but which should I start, thoughts?

I just want a standard edition for Gundam. But then again, I'll probably end up buying the possible Premium Editions if that was the only route available.

I'm debating on starting Cowboy Bebop or Hellsing Ultimate. I know they are two different animes (in a sense) but which should I start, thoughts?
I would start bebop first just because it is older and considered quintessential anime.

I also find watching something in 16:9 right after something older make me appreciate newer HD shows more lol.

On another note, Aniplex said they were showing off the dub for the Kill la Kill OVA at Otakon so maybe it will be released with volume 5...... or 40 bucks standalone :p

so for those who are in NA and are finding out that funimation is getting more and more shows to simulcast that makes it so crunchy can't you might be interested to know that funimation has added a new subscription plan to their streaming service... sub only

The service will cost US$4.95 per month, US$12.95 for three months, or US$39.95 for one year.Funimation's normal subscription plan will continue as "All-AccessPass." The price for the All-Access pass, as before, is US$7.95 per month or US$59.95 for one year.

Really smart move by FUNI. I'll probably get that subscription plan for the Spring season(for sure if they get Ninja Slayer).

so for those who are in NA and are finding out that funimation is getting more and more shows to simulcast that makes it so crunchy can't you might be interested to know that funimation has added a new subscription plan to their streaming service... sub only
Damn that is pretty tempting. I usually wait for the physical release for a dub so I may consider this soon.

Really smart move by FUNI. I'll probably get that subscription plan for the Spring season(for sure if they get Ninja Slayer).
if funimation gets remotely as many shows in the spring as they got for this season, it will be something people have to look at as they will have like half of the shows that are streaming.

personally I like access to their dubs so I already have that, but for people who are sub only this should interest them, especially since it's $20 less per year than crunchy.

I would start bebop first just because it is older and considered quintessential anime.

I also find watching something in 16:9 right after something older make me appreciate newer HD shows more lol.

On another note, Aniplex said they were showing off the dub for the Kill la Kill OVA at Otakon so maybe it will be released with volume 5...... or 40 bucks standalone :p
Lol i think we all know which of those two it will be...*sob*

Well, if people would stop buying their overpriced shit, they might wisen up, and start charging reasonable prices for their anime.  No, wait, they would just say "There's obviously no market for this over here", and give up, because, obviously, the two options anime companies have are to either charge way too much for stuff, or not sell it at all.

Thanks, I will give Bebop a go first.

I'm currently on episode 9 of Trigun and it's not as good as I'd hoped it would be, unless it gets better rather quickly.

As far as the FUNimation app goes I am debating on getting it for our Wii-U. Do they have a lot of ongoing/complete dubbed series?

I know a lot of anime fans look down on those who don't like subs but I don't like subtitles. It's hard for me to read and keep up with the show as well (usually because I'm trying to eat as well while watching).

I've got another question you guys could probably help me with (I did a Google but didn't get a good answer in my opinion).

I want to play the One Piece Unlimited World R game, but I have never played a Piece game before and I'm only on episode 250 or so of the dubbed series.

If I were to play the game before I am caught up on the series (around 370 dubbed episodes) would it spoil anything for me?

Thanks by the way.

I'm currently on episode 9 of Trigun and it's not as good as I'd hoped it would be, unless it gets better rather quickly.

As far as the FUNimation app goes I am debating on getting it for our Wii-U. Do they have a lot of ongoing/complete dubbed series?

I know a lot of anime fans look down on those who don't like subs but I don't like subtitles. It's hard for me to read and keep up with the show as well (usually because I'm trying to eat as well while watching).
Are you a bit disappointed with Trigun because of how goofy it is? Because if so keep watching it. The tone of the 2nd half of the show is very different from the first.

They have over 250 dubbed series last I checked and Funi started its Simuldub campaign starting with Space Dandy, Psycho Pass 2, and Laughing Under The Clouds. As far as I know, the app is only available on PS3/360 currently for home console. Crunchyroll is the one that recently released for the Wii U.

As far as the console apps go, the 360 app is far superior to the newly released PS3 app. 360 has access to a better UI as well as your queue and PS3 is a pretty barebones list of shows with a small search function and no access to your queue. Funi did mention "early 2015" they would release an updated PS3 app as well as the PS4 app so we have that to look forward to. I have my PC hooked up to my TV so I have just been using that until the PS4 version comes out.

Any new comedy/romance series make it to dubbed bluray in the last 6 months or so? I love shows like Fruits Basket, Nana, and Kids on the Slope, for example.

Looking for something new to pick up on RightStuf, if anything. Thanks!

Are you a bit disappointed with Trigun because of how goofy it is? Because if so keep watching it. The tone of the 2nd half of the show is very different from the first.
In a way yes, it is different then I first thought it would be. I don't mind Vash being a goof though as I am getting a sense to why he is that way as to what he might have (once) been.

I'll keep watching it though as I'm already almost half done with it.

Thanks for the replies guys, and yeah Crunchyroll is the one I was thinking of for the Wii-U. All the talk about Funimation got me confused.

Any new comedy/romance series make it to dubbed bluray in the last 6 months or so? I love shows like Fruits Basket, Nana, and Kids on the Slope, for example.

Looking for something new to pick up on RightStuf, if anything. Thanks!
Kamisama Kiss, Toradora, Maid-sama, Chunibyo (soon) off the top of my head. Second season of High School Dxd if you like ecchi.

I hope the RightStuf Gundams are reasonably priced. My Gundam collection needs finishing damn it :(
If they follow the release schedule they usually do, the first release will be a Limited Edition in thinpak casing with a cardboard box including a booklet with interviews and sketches and stuff as well as any OAVs or extra footage they could get a hold of. Then, a year or two later a Litebox version will be released that just has the discs stuffed in a standard size case.

Anyone have an extra $400 laying around? If you do, you can be a proud owner of the Fate/stay night (Unlimited Blade Works) – Import Blu-ray Disc Box I :lol:

You get:

Blu-Ray Content:

Total of six discs (5 Blu-ray discs + 1 soundtrack CD)
Thirteen episodes of Unlimited Blade Works (ENG/JP subtitles)
Trailer collection with promotional videos
TV spot collection with commercials, release announcement and more
Textless Opening and Ending themes

Bonus Inserts:

50-page “Deluxe Booklet” with staff interviews/production material (JP)
English translation booklet of the Deluxe Booklet (from official retailers)
Novel by Kinoko Nasu (illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi)

Packaging:

Box with illustration by Takashi Takeuchi
Special Digipack to hold discs

Misc. stuff:

Wall scroll by Takashi Takeuchi (from English website)

http://www.fatestaynightusa.com/bdbox/

bread's done
Back