Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
i know but i've gone through so much ebay hassle before that i think i might get my seller and buyer id revoked. that's my fear. the pictures made it look pristine but it was just the slipcases. the things smell like smoke and there was never a disclaimer otherwise i wouldn't have bought them. set 1's case is missing a huge piece of plastic from it almost like froz's. then i overpaid for shipping. 9 for expedited (2 day priority mail) and it came in like 3-4 days. i don't know how to articulate the last part. we agreed to 35. he was gonna refund me the 4 bucks. now i feel like a fool with nowhere to go

edit: nevermind taht this dude is completely dodging everything. oh i sent you the 4 dollars. like really man i'd get an email if you did. this one takes the cake when he said he smokes but outside. really man smoke lingers and stains no matter where you do it. too bad virtual scratch and sniff doesn't work otherwise ebay would be on my side with that one.
I would file the claim if i were you and describe everything like you did here in the comments in the claim. If he sent you the refund it would show as a partial refund on his end and in your paypal account. check your paypal account. It takes all but two minutes to file the claim and you can get your money back and get your original shipping refunded.

I check my paypal account regularly since I've been waiting on some payments and nothing. I guess I'll just file the claim and let the winds of westero take me from there. This is why I hate eBay. Honest sellers like Froz get lowballed while crooks make money and of course he doesn't offer returns. pure bullshit

I check my paypal account regularly since I've been waiting on some payments and nothing. I guess I'll just file the claim and let the winds of westero take me from there. This is why I hate eBay. Honest sellers like Froz get lowballed while crooks make money and of course he doesn't offer returns. pure bullshit
if you file a claim as item not as described he has no choice because ebay will make him take it back. Just explain the smoke and beat up case and already he loses because that isn't like new at all

I was wondering... Is Disney movie club a cheap way to get a lot of Ghibli movies they own at bulk? Or is it better buying them on sale? Any experiences or people who did dmc for ghibli films?

I was wondering... Is Disney movie club a cheap way to get a lot of Ghibli movies they own at bulk? Or is it better buying them on sale? Any experiences or people who did dmc for ghibli films?
With the Disney Movie Club, you can get a bunch of Ghibli movies for $1 or less during your initial enrollment (depending on which method you use to enroll), and when you complete 10 movies and get the VIP enrollment, you can get 60% off all Blu-rays with the purchase of a regular priced Blu-ray (including the Featured Titles).

It's also a great way to get ABC shows as they are usually far, far cheaper than Amazon or Best Buy.

Shonen Jump is running a promotion for 10 dollars off their subscription with code WSJ03. The email says this brings the price down to 15.99 (25.99-10 promo) HOWEVER the price on the website without the code is 19.99 and with the code 12 months is only 9.99! Verified by purchasing an extension to my current subscription
It looks like they fixed this. I used the code and only dropped down to $15.99.

If you want to get rid of the smoke smell, put the cases in a gallon-sized ziploc with 1/4 cup of baking soda. Also put a dryer sheet inside the case and between the case and the slipcover. Then put it in the garage or someplace where the smoke won't stink up your living space.

You might have to swap out the baking soda after a few days if the smell is really bad, but it should work.

With the Disney Movie Club, you can get a bunch of Ghibli movies for $1 or less during your initial enrollment (depending on which method you use to enroll), and when you complete 10 movies and get the VIP enrollment, you can get 60% off all Blu-rays with the purchase of a regular priced Blu-ray (including the Featured Titles).

It's also a great way to get ABC shows as they are usually far, far cheaper than Amazon or Best Buy.
Interesting. If I didn't have almost all the DIsney and Ghibli movies, I'd do it just to get some ABC series for cheap.

Interesting. If I didn't have almost all the DIsney and Ghibli movies, I'd do it just to get some ABC series for cheap.
The ABC series are usually $35-$45 to start at DMC, then you can get an extra 50-60% off of that. Got Agents of SHIELD for under $20.

Fairy Tail Part 2 came in. The slipcover has some obvious damage in that the rectangle is ripped on one end and repaired with tape. Nothing too big. The slipcover was used but the dvd house in side was brand new err should I say bluray. Shrinkwrap and everything. Brand new even smelled new when I opened it. For 5 bucks you can't beat it.

Anyone here pre-order Freezing Vibrations special funi edition? I'm at work for a bit longer and was wondering if it's still in stock as I'm hoping to grab it.

Yeah...I don't think you have to worry about it selling out any time soon...
Sounds good, I'm a big fan of the show even though I don't think it was very popular but meh I got a nice big Christmas bonus so I'm going to splurge a bit more after spending $1500 on anime over the holidays :)

Sounds good, I'm a big fan of the show even though I don't think it was very popular but meh I got a nice big Christmas bonus so I'm going to splurge a bit more after spending $1500 on anime over the holidays :)
The Manga is great. And its getting released in the states this year too.

The Manga is great. And its getting released in the states this year too.
well, that is because some of the materials can be a bit too graphic. especially the second season of the anime.

the manga is really slow to get translated

Yep. Mainly just the extra calendar, but the LE box is the same one if you didn't purchase the bundle, so depending on how much you want that calendar with the US exclusive art inside of it for the bundle to be worth your $90. @_@
oi $90?!?! If you wait for a RS studio sale, it would mean you are paying $50 for a calender LOL. They are probably pulling artwork from the upcoming Freezing Illustrations artbook too.

EDIT: Nvm, they are using commissioned art.

oi $90?!?! If you wait for a RS studio sale, it would mean you are paying $50 for a calender LOL. They are probably pulling artwork from the upcoming Freezing Illustrations artbook too.
It's $42 regularly on Rightstuf, so no need to even wait for a studio sale really. But yes, $50 for a calendar with "exclusive" artwork just for the US, but in a calendar! XD

It's $42 regularly on Rightstuf, so no need to even wait for a studio sale really. But yes, $50 for a calendar with "exclusive" artwork just for the US, but in a calendar! XD
Yea, if they would have done an artbook, then I would have maybe been interested. Because I forever loathe not getting that Cat Planet Cuties preorder book. lol

Got Railgun s1 BD from Amazon and was surprised to see it undamaged! lol
Dang you....I'm still waiting on my RS order to come in. That's what sucks about RS sometimes is waiting for the shipping even though I'm really close to Iowa it still takes about a week to get to me. If I would have ordered from Amazon it would have been here on release day because of Prime. Oh well, I hope I get a cool promo card at least. It'll be a nice Monday cause I get Engaged in as well.

I guess KanColle and Testament will keep my occupied till then.

It's not really a special version, but a Funimation bundle that includes a calendar with some US exclusive art with the set and the Limited Edition version of the series.
And...I'm good. I'll just stick to my RS order of the LE. No need to pay $50 a calendar.

Fairy Tail Part 2 came in. The slipcover has some obvious damage in that the rectangle is ripped on one end and repaired with tape. Nothing too big. The slipcover was used but the dvd house in side was brand new err should I say bluray. Shrinkwrap and everything. Brand new even smelled new when I opened it. For 5 bucks you can't beat it.
Funimation had a similar sale during the holidays. I got Parts 3 and 4 for like 7.99 each, both completely new and untouched. I even got an original copy of Birdy the Mighty: Decode for 14.99 when it was going for 50+ on RightStuf.

Not sure if anyone cares, but Maid Sama! on blu dropped to $57.5 at Amazon. Have to pay tax so it ends up a smidge over $60, but for a Sentai title, that's not a bad deal. Now to get rid of my unopened DVD copy...

I like Freezing, but not enough to throw that much money down on it...especially since a "complete" set with both seasons will likely be released down the road.

I know some anime fans don't care for Fairy Tail but I've enjoyed it since I caught the first 40 episodes or so on Netflix.

Now I'm caught up as far as I can tell on the dubbed Funi version, episode 164 (believe that's the latest one leaked).

Really digging that series.

Super Sonico is getting a dub. :lol:

The World God Only Knows OVAs and Patlabor Film got licensed.

I hope they do a special release for Super Sonico. Or else ima just import the Japanese BDs.

More TWGOK is always good!

Odds of Fairy Tail Part 3 from Funi having the slipcover?
You seem to ask this question alot. It all depends where you order from and what shipment it comes from. If you order it from RightStuf, leave a note for them to give you one with a slipcover or else cancel the order. If from Funi themselves, it depends really.

Such a long wait for Sonico. Sentai announced that they picked up Super Sonico early last year and, back in the summer, stated that a dub with a "special surprise voice actor" was forthcoming. They've really been slow moving on this particular release though, especially considering how fast they put out Diabolik Lovers (which I don't recommend seeing).

Looks like Jessica Nigri will be voicing Sonico.

Bought a new shelf earlier this month. It's missing the DVDs and the NISA Sets

otvtdN2.jpg

Um. Ok.

But seriously, why? Can she act? Will she appeal to people without her boobs being the focus?
I guess she previously did voice work for RWBY, which I never watched.

Something tells me that a Sonico anime won't take much talent to dub, regardless if she's great or awful at voice acting.

bread's done
Back