Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, doesn't look like Darker than Black is up for pre-order through Rightstuf yet. Also, I don't like this way of releasing things, so I hope this doesn't become a trend for Funi.

Was able to snag the original Trigun box set for $20 from my local Discreplay! Was surprised it was just 20 bucks to be honest.

I was one of the people in the minority who liked tokyo 2040, but didn't like the original OVAs. (and I saw the OVAs years before I saw the tv series)

FUNimation May 2015 Solicitations
Michiko & Hatchin will be an easy buy for that price.

Bah, I thought Puchim@s was a spinoff of Excel Saga.

I still never watched my S1 boxset of DTB. Depending on how I like it, I may just stuff the Blu-rays in the DVD box.

Make sure you guys preorder Michiko & Hatchin if you know that you're going to want the series.  That way there's a chance that you'll get the two individual volumes inside the original chipboard box (like with Shangri-La)

Would that actually happen? Shangri-La was DVD only but Michiko & Hatchin were combo packs being split up.

Now if only they would do that with Shana I might finally be able to get Season 1.

Would that actually happen? Shangri-La was DVD only but Michiko & Hatchin were combo packs being split up.

Now if only they would do that with Shana I might finally be able to get Season 1.
They did it that way for Shiki on blu ray too. I'm assuming it just depends on how many they have sitting around that they want to get rid of.

Edit: Well, I guess they didn't split up Shikl into Blu ray and DVD sets like they're doing for M&H. Nevermind then, I guess they won't do it this time.

[quote name="Ashlla" post="12511269" timestamp="1424234863"]Never seen darker than black, worth the purchase?[/quote]
While I haven't seen the second season, 2 weeks back I bought the first and thought it was great. I think it might be worth the purchase at $60 or lower.

Never seen darker than black, worth the purchase?
The first season is really just fantastic. The second season is a mixed bag that ends in a laughable mess that still hasn't been sorted out with a season 3 / OVA / Film / SOMETHING. The first season is still totally worth it, but the shit 'ending' to the overall series definitely knocks it down a notch or two.

Tokyo Ghouk S2 Dub Cast

Kaneki – Austin Tindle
Touka – Brina Palencia
Tsukiyama – J. Michael Tatum
Yamori – Christopher Sabat
Rize – Monica Rial
Hide – Clifford Chapin
Nishiki – Eric Vale
Hinami – Lara Woodhull
Mado – Kenny Green
Amon – Mike McFarland
Ayato – Todd Haberkorn
Eto – Lindsay Seidel
Tatara – Chris Wehkamp

I got in my order for Darker Than Black on Blu, but I really hope it gets a standard release later. I hate having big anime sets, and I'd much rather have a G2 blu ray case with a slip cover. I'm hoping I can sell mine down the road and make some money on it if a re-release does come out lol.

Still nothing on that code geass blu ray... Maybe they will do more than a simple upscale if its taking this long. Probably just a legal thing though

I'm so psyched that Darker than Black S1 is getting a Blu release. I think it was probably one of the most underrated series that hit when it aired which is likely what led to whatever S2 was. But either way, day 1 buy for me. I still have my S2 box set with the S1 DVD in it and I was almost convinced that the blu would never hit the states.

Also, I think the premium edition was likely forced on Funimation because it's from Aniplex. Plus I don't think it sold well here and in Japan. 

Funi announced that they will indeed dub Tokyo Ghoul S1 after having started to dub the second season. Also if you haven't heard the new Assassination Classroom dub it's fairly good. 

My memory is that Darker Than Black also ran into some issues during production in Japan. Something about the director or someone running off with the story for the last several episodes? Definitely a show with a colorful history. Hopefully they'll do it right by bundling S1 and S2 together at some point...preferably before Xmas.

Important question: MovieStop is having a 20% off Used sale for Director's Club members this weekend. The best day I can get there is tomorrow (Friday). The high is supposed to be around 16-18 degrees and that will happen in the early morning. I don't own a car, so I get there via public transport.

Should I brave the elements on the chance that they have some sweet clearence anime? I don't think I've left there without grabbing at least 6-7 titles or spending $80-$100 minimum. And since their parent company is sending them a crapload of new anime they literally have no room for (seriously, they are stacking up boxes along the window wall, that is how little room they have), they clearence out the old anime to $20-$25.

My memory is that Darker Than Black also ran into some issues during production in Japan. Something about the director or someone running off with the story for the last several episodes? Definitely a show with a colorful history. Hopefully they'll do it right by bundling S1 and S2 together at some point...preferably before Xmas.
Sounds about right. S1 ended on a good note it's just one of those animes that could have just ended there and been done. S2 everything just took a turn for the worse. The OVA wasn't bad though. I wonder if the Blu will scrub all of the Pizza Hut product placement like the DVDs did. :lol:

Ended up stopping by MovieStop after all. Picked up a ton, but the only anime I bought was Tekken: The Motion Picture and 2 copies of Welcome to the Space Show (which I saw at Otakon a few years ago and it was freaking AWESOME. Ranks right up there with the best of Ghibli).

it was decent. would have preferred less ecchi stuff, but it's an ecchi show so it kind of comes with it, but the story and characters weren't terrible.

I blind bought Date A Live, any good?
I found it super boring and hated most of the characters. Some people liked it. To be fair in general I am not a huge fan of ecchi, I just watch a decent amount of it because it's what gets dubbed the most and I like watching dubbed anime to multitask to.

Is the future diary worth buying on DVD or should I wait for a bluray release?
I'd personally wait for a Blu Ray release. It's been a while since that hit DVD so by the time you buy it, a Blu will probably be announced for next year or something. A Certain Magical Index/Railgun and Deadman Wonderland went through this too.

it was decent. would have preferred less ecchi stuff, but it's an ecchi show so it kind of comes with it, but the story and characters weren't terrible.

I found it super boring and hated most of the characters. Some people liked it. To be fair in general I am not a huge fan of ecchi, I just watch a decent amount of it because it's what gets dubbed the most and I like watching dubbed anime to multitask to.
Ecchi, watch decent amount, multitask. Anyone else see the connection? :whistle2:

bread's done
Back