Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question, anyone have an opinion of Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit (on blu)? I had never even heard of it, but seeing it was put on netflix it made me curious.
I never finished the series, but I will saw the animation is beautiful. I di know that it bombed on pre-Toonami Adult Swim.

heh I didn't even have a rightstuf account still.

I tried recovering my password and it said I didn't have an account for that email

so I tried registering one and it let me.

not a big deal as I didn't have anything that wasn't shipped to me, but it will be sad not to have a simple list to ctrl+f to see if I own something. I should just work on cataloging my anime collection anyways.

I know this is a bit off topic--sorry to derail the rightstuf bitching lol. But I happen to have an extra copy of the Blu-ray LE of the first Persona 3 movie. I had a bit of a screwup with my order, so I ended up with two, and it's just easier to sell the second than return it to Japan. PM me if interested.

Edit: It's gone!

Sentai Filmworks Announces October 2015 Release Schedule

We are bringing the fire this October with not one, not two, but THREE English dub releases, including the long awaited release of the one of Kyoto Animation's very best, Beyond the Boundary. Check out what else is ins tore for you in October:

Title: BRYNHILDR IN THE DARKNESS COMPLETE COLLECTION
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 350 min.
Street Date: 10/6/2015
Format: DVD, BD
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $59.98, $69.98

SYNOPSIS: Haunted by memories of his childhood friend Kuroneko, Ryota Murakami has dedicated himself to discovering the truth behind the claim she'd made before she died: That aliens from other worlds walk among us.  Believing that becoming a scientist is the path to the truth, Murakami pursues his studies by day and peers through a telescope at night.  But when a girl named Kuroha Neko joins his class, the answers he's sought may be closer than he ever expected.  For Kuroha looks exactly like an older version of Kuroneko, and seems to have abilities that no human could have.  But the truth isn't the only thing Murakami is about to uncover, and the secrets he'll learn come with a deadly price.  Because Kuroneko was right, and there are those who will do anything to keep that knowledge hidden.  And unless Murakami and a handful of unlikely allies can somehow survive their lethal purge, the entire human race could be doomed in BRYNHILDR IN THE DARKNESS!

Title: SASAMI-SAN@GANBARANAI COMPLETE COLLECTION BLU-RAY
Run Time: 300 min.
Format: BD
Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $59.98

SYNOPSIS: Sasami Tsukuyomi is a hikikomori, someone who's become so withdrawn socially that they refuse to leave home for weeks and even months at a time.  Fortunately for Sasami, her brother Kamiomi teaches at the high school Sasami should be attending; and with her "Brother Surveillance Tool," which lets her view the outside world via her computer, she's trying to adjust to interfacing with people again.  What her computer mainly does, however, is allow her to spy on her brother's interactions with the three very odd Yagami sisters, who inexplicably seem to have had their ages reversed and have various types of "interest" in Kamiomi.  And then things start to get really weird… Magical powers?  Everything turning into chocolate?   Is life via the web warping Sasami's brain, or is it the universe that's going crazy? Sasami may have to take off her pajamas and go out into the "real" world to set things straight in SASAMI-SAN@GANBARANAI!

Title: THE WORLD IS STILL BEAUTIFUL COMPLETE COLLECTION
Street Date: 0/6/2015
SRP: $49.98, $59.98

SYNOPSIS: Politics make for strange bedfellows, especially when you're a Princess, where bedding some strange fellow may be your duty to your country.  Which is how Nike, fourth Princess of the Rain Dukedom, finds herself being shipped off to marry the King of the Sun Kingdom after losing a game of chance with her older sisters.  And if it wasn't bad enough that King Livius is apparently a power-mad potentate who's managed to conquer most of the world in a few short years, Nike even manages to get herself mugged just as soon as she arrives!  But then something strange happens and Livius turns out to be… well, not nice, but at least not exactly what Nike expected.  There are sinister forces at work in the kingdom that can only be defeated if both young royals can find a way to work together.  The future of both kingdoms and the world depends on a diplomatic relationship becoming something even more powerful in THE WORLD IS STILL BEAUTIFUL!

Title: BEYOND THE BOUNDARY
Run Time: 300 min. Collector’s Edition 325 min.
Street Date: 10/13/2015
Format: DVD, BD, COMBO
SRP: $59.98, $69.98, $179.98

SYNOPSIS: They should never have met.  They shouldn't even exist.  But when they come together, the entire world will change.  The last surviving member of her clan, Mirai Kuriyama is cursed with the terrifying ability to control and manipulate blood, a power so heretical that she is shunned even by those with the ability to understand her "gift". Akihito Kanbara is only half human, but while the monstrous other half of his lineage seems to have doomed him to a life alone, it has also given him near invulnerability in the form of rapid healing.  Alone, their futures seem bleak, but when a chance encounter brings them together, it becomes clear that they share more than just an unexpected bond.  Together they share a destiny and a mission that only the two of them together may be strong enough to survive.  Beyond the world that we know, in a realm where nightmares are real and legends walk, their future awaits BEYOND THE BOUNDARY   

Title: SAMURAI JAM ~ BAKUMATSU ROCK COMPLETE COLLECTION

SYNOPSIS: There are just three things standing between Ryoma Sakamoto and his dream of becoming a famous rock star:  1 - he's barely making ends meet working in a pizza parlor, 2 - the government of Japan has banned all rock music except for the prefabricated propaganda music performed by the state-run group Heaven's Songs, and 3 - he lives in Japan in the middle of the 19th century.  Okay, so those are three VERY big problems, but on the other hand, Ryoma DOES own his own guitar (even if it's illegal to own one) and that's enough incentive for him to take his one-man show on the road in search of fellow rockers.  Sure, getting all feudally Footloosey in a land where a battle of the bands will probably involve swords may be a risky business, but once fellow rebel rousers Kogoro and Shinsaku come on board, there's no telling where these six-string samurai might end up in SAMURAI JAM - BAKUMATSU ROCK!

Title: HAYATE THE COMBAT BUTLER SEASON 2
Run Time: 625 min.
Street Date: 10/20/2015
SRP: $69.98, $89.98

SYNOPSIS: Ever since he first met Nagi Sanzenin, Hayate Ayasaki's life has become increasingly more crazed and chaotic.  Which is a bit of a problem, since, as the eccentric heiress' butler/personal bodyguard, he's theoretically supposed to be a stabilizing and protective influence.  Unfortunately, Nagi and her friends attract trouble the way dropped lollipops attract dirt, and if Hayate has to take a couple of nasty licks along the way, that's just part of the job.  The real sucker punch, though, is that Nagi's increasing attraction to Hayate himself is getting precariously close to transforming their professional relationship into something far less professional and much more like a relationship. Is Hayate up for the emotional perils of a round of "upstairs, downstairs"?  Or will the purely physical dangers of life on Her Majesty's Domestic Service do him in first?  Get ready to spit and polish in the eye of the devil as the groom and doom continues in the second series of HAYATE THE COMBAT BUTLER!!

Title: SPACE BROTHERS COLLECTION 5
Run Time: 325 min.

SYNOPSIS: The brutal survival ordeal isn't over yet, and the strain of non-stop training is taking its toll on Mutta's health.  Struck down by a fever, he has to summon all of his reserves just to keep walking.  And that's before the revelation of an unexpected new challenge:  the competing teams must create a rover vehicle of their own design in just two weeks!  With an assigned consultant who's less than helpful, and who may have a conflict of interest centered around the systems being used for Hibito's return to Earth, Mutta's own experience with engineering may be the deciding factor.  And even if they make it past that obstacle, the even more dangerous flight training is about to begin back in Houston!  Can Mutta power through the survival and rover competitions in order to take a seat in a T38 jet?  It's time to fly like an eagle in SPACE BROTHERS - COLLECTION 5!

Title: BLACK BULLET COMPLETE COLLECTION
Street Date: 10/27/2015

SYNOPSIS: The Gastrea virus spreads like wildfire, causing each infected host to rapidly mutate, gaining new powers and abilities with every stage of development, even while they continue to attack, kill and infect multiple new hosts.  Unable to fight a pandemic enemy that turns defenders into adversaries, the shocked remnants of the human race are forced to retreat into cities surrounded by giant monoliths made of Varanium, one of the few materials that can stop the Gastrea.  Now mankind's last hope lies in the Cursed Children: young girls infected with the virus who have managed to retain a hold on their humanity.  Paired with a partner, they alone have the strength to take on a Gastrea in one-on-one combat.  But the very thing that gives them power is a ticking time bomb, so even as they protect humanity, they are also feared and shunned.  Are they Girls?  Monsters?  Or Mankind's Ultimate Salvation?  The answer awaits as the apocalypse is unleashed in BLACK BULLET!

Title: BLADE & SOUL COMPLETE COLLECTION

SYNOPSIS:  Trained since birth as the Clan of the Sword's ultimate assassin, Alka has lived her entire life as a nearly emotionless human killing machine.  Now, however, her Clan has been destroyed, her master murdered, and the Code she lives by leaves Alka just one final mission:  to seek out those responsible and exterminate them.  If that means taking on the impossible might of the Param Empire, and the demonic powers of their battle leader Jin Varrel, then so be it.  But while Alka may be the hunter, she has also become the hunted.  With a price on her head, she must evade or kill the bounty hunters intent on collecting her skin, and in the bloody shadow-world of assassins, that means there's no one she can trust.  It's a ruthless battle for survival and revenge is a dish best served by the Code in BLADE & SOUL

http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/sentai-filmworks-announces-october-2015-release-schedule

Harder to get excited for new release announcements when discounts don't apply to pre-orders anymore :<
haha I know right.

Funny thing is, that even when there is a studio sale. The prices will probably end up being the same as when they were first up for preorder.

haha I know right.

Funny thing is, that even when there is a studio sale. The prices will probably end up being the same as when they were first up for preorder.
It seems like things that are in-shop at the time of the studio sale were the only ones that had the same discount from before (though everything went up in price so it is still not as good). I remember Neptunia was eligible during the Funi sale since they got it in right before the sale went live. Ping Pong and a few others didn't change their eligibility since they received it later in the week.

Pre-ordering in general is no longer worth it since there is no discount + authorization of card except for things that never go on sale like Viz or Aniplex.

The change in pre-order policy actually happened before the site change.  During a studio sale, the price used to change so that it was slightly cheaper for members.  What generally happened was a set that was $30 pre-sale, would be raised up to $33 and the "No Member Discount" flag would be removed.  Then the sale would knock the price back down to $30, but since you could now use your membership it would cut the price down to $27.  Now, it's just listed as "Not eligible for discounts." 

$1-3 may not seem like much, but it added up over the course of several volumes of manga.  Since I've had a few of them come to an end recently, I think I may have to consider not picking up any new ones and letting my membership expire.

Sentai Filmworks Announces October 2015 Release Schedule

We are bringing the fire this October with not one, not two, but THREE English dub releases, including the long awaited release of the one of Kyoto Animation's very best, Beyond the Boundary. Check out what else is ins tore for you in October:

Title: BRYNHILDR IN THE DARKNESS COMPLETE COLLECTION
Run Time: 350 min.

SYNOPSIS: Haunted by memories of his childhood friend Kuroneko, Ryota Murakami has dedicated himself to discovering the truth behind the claim she'd made before she died: That aliens from other worlds walk among us. Believing that becoming a scientist is the path to the truth, Murakami pursues his studies by day and peers through a telescope at night. But when a girl named Kuroha Neko joins his class, the answers he's sought may be closer than he ever expected. For Kuroha looks exactly like an older version of Kuroneko, and seems to have abilities that no human could have. But the truth isn't the only thing Murakami is about to uncover, and the secrets he'll learn come with a deadly price. Because Kuroneko was right, and there are those who will do anything to keep that knowledge hidden. And unless Murakami and a handful of unlikely allies can somehow survive their lethal purge, the entire human race could be doomed in BRYNHILDR IN THE DARKNESS!

Title: SASAMI-SAN@GANBARANAI COMPLETE COLLECTION BLU-RAY
Format: BD
SRP: $59.98

SYNOPSIS: Sasami Tsukuyomi is a hikikomori, someone who's become so withdrawn socially that they refuse to leave home for weeks and even months at a time. Fortunately for Sasami, her brother Kamiomi teaches at the high school Sasami should be attending; and with her "Brother Surveillance Tool," which lets her view the outside world via her computer, she's trying to adjust to interfacing with people again. What her computer mainly does, however, is allow her to spy on her brother's interactions with the three very odd Yagami sisters, who inexplicably seem to have had their ages reversed and have various types of "interest" in Kamiomi. And then things start to get really weird… Magical powers? Everything turning into chocolate? Is life via the web warping Sasami's brain, or is it the universe that's going crazy? Sasami may have to take off her pajamas and go out into the "real" world to set things straight in SASAMI-SAN@GANBARANAI!

Title: THE WORLD IS STILL BEAUTIFUL COMPLETE COLLECTION
Street Date: 0/6/2015

SYNOPSIS: Politics make for strange bedfellows, especially when you're a Princess, where bedding some strange fellow may be your duty to your country. Which is how Nike, fourth Princess of the Rain Dukedom, finds herself being shipped off to marry the King of the Sun Kingdom after losing a game of chance with her older sisters. And if it wasn't bad enough that King Livius is apparently a power-mad potentate who's managed to conquer most of the world in a few short years, Nike even manages to get herself mugged just as soon as she arrives! But then something strange happens and Livius turns out to be… well, not nice, but at least not exactly what Nike expected. There are sinister forces at work in the kingdom that can only be defeated if both young royals can find a way to work together. The future of both kingdoms and the world depends on a diplomatic relationship becoming something even more powerful in THE WORLD IS STILL BEAUTIFUL!

Title: BEYOND THE BOUNDARY
Run Time: 300 min. Collector’s Edition 325 min.
Format: DVD, BD, COMBO
SRP: $59.98, $69.98, $179.98

SYNOPSIS: They should never have met. They shouldn't even exist. But when they come together, the entire world will change. The last surviving member of her clan, Mirai Kuriyama is cursed with the terrifying ability to control and manipulate blood, a power so heretical that she is shunned even by those with the ability to understand her "gift". Akihito Kanbara is only half human, but while the monstrous other half of his lineage seems to have doomed him to a life alone, it has also given him near invulnerability in the form of rapid healing. Alone, their futures seem bleak, but when a chance encounter brings them together, it becomes clear that they share more than just an unexpected bond. Together they share a destiny and a mission that only the two of them together may be strong enough to survive. Beyond the world that we know, in a realm where nightmares are real and legends walk, their future awaits BEYOND THE BOUNDARY

Title: SAMURAI JAM ~ BAKUMATSU ROCK COMPLETE COLLECTION

SYNOPSIS: There are just three things standing between Ryoma Sakamoto and his dream of becoming a famous rock star: 1 - he's barely making ends meet working in a pizza parlor, 2 - the government of Japan has banned all rock music except for the prefabricated propaganda music performed by the state-run group Heaven's Songs, and 3 - he lives in Japan in the middle of the 19th century. Okay, so those are three VERY big problems, but on the other hand, Ryoma DOES own his own guitar (even if it's illegal to own one) and that's enough incentive for him to take his one-man show on the road in search of fellow rockers. Sure, getting all feudally Footloosey in a land where a battle of the bands will probably involve swords may be a risky business, but once fellow rebel rousers Kogoro and Shinsaku come on board, there's no telling where these six-string samurai might end up in SAMURAI JAM - BAKUMATSU ROCK!

Title: HAYATE THE COMBAT BUTLER SEASON 2
Run Time: 625 min.
SRP: $69.98, $89.98

SYNOPSIS: Ever since he first met Nagi Sanzenin, Hayate Ayasaki's life has become increasingly more crazed and chaotic. Which is a bit of a problem, since, as the eccentric heiress' butler/personal bodyguard, he's theoretically supposed to be a stabilizing and protective influence. Unfortunately, Nagi and her friends attract trouble the way dropped lollipops attract dirt, and if Hayate has to take a couple of nasty licks along the way, that's just part of the job. The real sucker punch, though, is that Nagi's increasing attraction to Hayate himself is getting precariously close to transforming their professional relationship into something far less professional and much more like a relationship. Is Hayate up for the emotional perils of a round of "upstairs, downstairs"? Or will the purely physical dangers of life on Her Majesty's Domestic Service do him in first? Get ready to spit and polish in the eye of the devil as the groom and doom continues in the second series of HAYATE THE COMBAT BUTLER!!

Title: SPACE BROTHERS COLLECTION 5

SYNOPSIS: The brutal survival ordeal isn't over yet, and the strain of non-stop training is taking its toll on Mutta's health. Struck down by a fever, he has to summon all of his reserves just to keep walking. And that's before the revelation of an unexpected new challenge: the competing teams must create a rover vehicle of their own design in just two weeks! With an assigned consultant who's less than helpful, and who may have a conflict of interest centered around the systems being used for Hibito's return to Earth, Mutta's own experience with engineering may be the deciding factor. And even if they make it past that obstacle, the even more dangerous flight training is about to begin back in Houston! Can Mutta power through the survival and rover competitions in order to take a seat in a T38 jet? It's time to fly like an eagle in SPACE BROTHERS - COLLECTION 5!

Title: BLACK BULLET COMPLETE COLLECTION

SYNOPSIS: The Gastrea virus spreads like wildfire, causing each infected host to rapidly mutate, gaining new powers and abilities with every stage of development, even while they continue to attack, kill and infect multiple new hosts. Unable to fight a pandemic enemy that turns defenders into adversaries, the shocked remnants of the human race are forced to retreat into cities surrounded by giant monoliths made of Varanium, one of the few materials that can stop the Gastrea. Now mankind's last hope lies in the Cursed Children: young girls infected with the virus who have managed to retain a hold on their humanity. Paired with a partner, they alone have the strength to take on a Gastrea in one-on-one combat. But the very thing that gives them power is a ticking time bomb, so even as they protect humanity, they are also feared and shunned. Are they Girls? Monsters? Or Mankind's Ultimate Salvation? The answer awaits as the apocalypse is unleashed in BLACK BULLET!

Title: BLADE & SOUL COMPLETE COLLECTION

SYNOPSIS: Trained since birth as the Clan of the Sword's ultimate assassin, Alka has lived her entire life as a nearly emotionless human killing machine. Now, however, her Clan has been destroyed, her master murdered, and the Code she lives by leaves Alka just one final mission: to seek out those responsible and exterminate them. If that means taking on the impossible might of the Param Empire, and the demonic powers of their battle leader Jin Varrel, then so be it. But while Alka may be the hunter, she has also become the hunted. With a price on her head, she must evade or kill the bounty hunters intent on collecting her skin, and in the bloody shadow-world of assassins, that means there's no one she can trust. It's a ruthless battle for survival and revenge is a dish best served by the Code in BLADE & SOUL

http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/sentai-filmworks-announces-october-2015-release-schedule
BRYNHILDR IN THE DARKNESS and black bullet is very underrated, and blade n soul is interesting

Pre-ordering in general is no longer worth it since there is no discount + authorization of card except for things that never go on sale like Viz or Aniplex.
That is going to hurt a lot of preorders. I know I won't be be preorderign from them anytime soon because of it. But hey their loss. I sure hope that mobile friendliness works out for them.

$1-3 may not seem like much, but it added up over the course of several volumes of manga. Since I've had a few of them come to an end recently, I think I may have to consider not picking up any new ones and letting my membership expire.
Yep it truly does. And I'm with you. I'm in for another year but once it ends I think I'm done giving them my money. At least in the GA aspect.

Just a heads up.

A Lull in the Sea Blu-ray Complete Series Premium Edition and Sword Art Online II Set 1 Limited Edition have come in at RS. They are back logged on shipping right now so it may take them a little longer to get the shipped out. Make sure to check your bank/cc statements. :p

Also, Soul Eater Not! Limited Edition and Tokyo Ravens Part 2 DVD/BD have not come in as of yet.

Just a heads up.

A Lull in the Sea Blu-ray Complete Series Premium Edition and Sword Art Online II Set 1 Limited Edition have come in at RS. They are back logged on shipping right now so it may take them a little longer to get the shipped out. Make sure to check your bank/cc statements. :p

Also, Soul Eater Not! Limited Edition and Tokyo Ravens Part 2 DVD/BD have not come in as of yet.
Just got an email from NISA for my Nagi-Asu as well.

Just got an email from NISA for my Nagi-Asu as well.
I thought about ordering from them but the $11 price difference just for the flag was a no go. While I would love to have it, I need every dollar I can for the other anime I need to pay. At least my SAO II set 1 is paid for haha.

I was very tempted to multiquote Elessar and YBX and say

"Yes"
It could be worse. You could have to mod a site where people don't like or are to lazy to use spoiler tags for pictures lol.

I thought about ordering from them but the $11 price difference just for the flag was a no go. While I would love to have it, I need every dollar I can for the other anime I need to pay. At least my SAO II set 1 is paid for haha.
But at the nisastore... You get that giant sexy flag!

The change in pre-order policy actually happened before the site change. During a studio sale, the price used to change so that it was slightly cheaper for members. What generally happened was a set that was $30 pre-sale, would be raised up to $33 and the "No Member Discount" flag would be removed. Then the sale would knock the price back down to $30, but since you could now use your membership it would cut the price down to $27. Now, it's just listed as "Not eligible for discounts."

$1-3 may not seem like much, but it added up over the course of several volumes of manga. Since I've had a few of them come to an end recently, I think I may have to consider not picking up any new ones and letting my membership expire.
Wait... I ordered during the last Viz sale, and I could've sworn the manga preorders were discounted and eligible for membership discount. I didn't check that closely, but I used the sale link to go through eligible titles like I always do to pick out the ones I wanted.

Now that's going to be a pain; I used to use that "you already bought this item" feature to figure out which volume I last ordered.

so just a heads up I got a response from rightstuf about my account

[SIZE=10pt]According to my manager we will be importing data through 2013. Once that is completed you should be in the new system and we can merge the two accounts. [/SIZE]
thus it seems that any orders made before 2013 will no longer be there :/

I know Aniplex never goes on sale unless there's excess stock of DVDs (e.g. Blue Exorcist this past Christmas) but Viz too...? I haven't been keeping up with RS sales as diligently as I used to years ago, but at this rate, I'll never own Gargantia for under $35.

I know Aniplex never goes on sale unless there's excess stock of DVDs (e.g. Blue Exorcist this past Christmas) but Viz too...? I haven't been keeping up with RS sales as diligently as I used to years ago, but at this rate, I'll never own Gargantia for under $35.
Viz titles eventually go on sale, it just tends to take 7-10 years after the original release before the title gets a new budget price, and that is only if the title hasn't been abandoned by them. For example honey and clover and Nana can be gotten for $20 per part with ease anymore, for the first 5 or so years it was nearly impossible to find them for less than $35 per part.

inuyasha only took like 11 years before it got to a good sale price :p

Looks like Noragami Season 1 Limited Edition is shipping from RS. Just looked at my bank statement and it is showing a pending charge for $45.49. Didn't get it for $20 and didn't get it for the discounted price. :(

Looks like Noragami Season 1 Limited Edition is shipping from RS. Just looked at my bank statement and it is showing a pending charge for $45.49. Didn't get it for $20 and didn't get it for the discounted price. :(
Let us know what they say :p

I mostly meant in terms of the normal studio sale discounts

RightStuf's studios sales for Viz are typically relegated to manga only.

If you want Gargantia Blu-ray, you're best off going Used right now.

Hey when you are ordering from RightStuf...make sure your checkout price matches the price of your cart.  A buddy of mine was ordering some manga today and the price difference from his cart to checkout went up by $5 lol. He live chatted RS and they basically said, "i dunno, roll the dice. It should charge you the correct amount". Of course it did not haha.

Sentai sale starting today (called it!)! Some of the preorders aren't discounted of course -_-

They upped the prices on stuff as well. There was a blu ray that was $116 I think non member price and now it is it $134.99.
This is pretty pathetic now. The prices today are actually more than they were yesterday for some items for GA members.

Nvm it just looks that way since the general price of anime has gone up. Once you add the coupon, the price jumps down significantly

So, I'm not seeing the Sentai sale to verify, but looking at their site again I did find something that has changed in the way their sales work.  Assuming all of our studio sale pricing is going to come in the form of a promo code, that means that we'll no longer be able to have an overlapping day where we can order from two different sales in the same order. 

When I went to checkout, after entering the first promo code the box disappears.  You have to remove the first promo code before you can see the box again, which means that we can't currently have two promo codes on the same order.

Current Right Stuf studio sale codes
Yen Press: YP2015
Sentai: S23-2015
(I can see the sentai one on mobile now)

What I was saying is that you can't enter more than one code, so you can't get both Yen Press and Sentai sale prices in the same order.

No Game No Life just came in. They posted it 35 minutes ago at RS.
Now I just hope they will be willing to work with me till July 1st and not up and cancel my order.

11665658_10153215645142745_5317989337085250135_n.jpg

11665658_10153215645492745_8700148647778706750_n.jpg

11231851_10153215646092745_9062199365418580738_n.jpg

Turn A Gundam Part 2 is now shipping (and is also on their website as "In Stock and Available") for those who are interested or pre-ordered.

bread's done
Back