Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like RS is finally releasing blu rays.

http://rightstufanime.tumblr.com/post/123145322826/we-just-announced-a-ton-of-new-licenses-and

We just announced a ton of new licenses and projects at our Anime Expo 2015 panel​! You can go here for all the details, but here’s a rundown of everything we announced!

New titles coming soon from Nozomi Entertainment include Tamayura: Hitotose, Umi Monogatari, Big Windup! Season 2, Pita-Ten, and A Town Where You Live! Check Nozomi Entertainment’s Facebook page throughout this weekend to see trailers for several of these titles!

We’re also very excited to announce that our first ever Blu-ray release will be Revolutionary Girl Utena in 2016!

Finally, the original Mobile Suit Gundam will be released on Blu-ray in the coming months! We also have plans to release Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, After War Gundam X, and the Turn A Gundam movie collection!

Thanks for everyone who attended our Anime Expo panel today, and we hope you all enjoy our upcoming releases!
Credit to E_I for the heads up.

HAHAHAA. KNEW IT. :whee: :whee: :whee: Now, they only mentioned the Original Gundam on Blu Ray, but at least the announcement proves that Gundam can get a Blu Ray release. Unless, they meant that others will get a Blu Ray edition in addition to the Original series.

Expecting any Gundam Blu-ray besides Origins is a foolhardy venture.
It's not a foolhardy venture anymore. :D/ :D/

I admit to being wrong. Good to see, although I probably won'won't replace my DVDS unless there are significant new extras.

HAHAHAA. KNEW IT. :whee: :whee: :whee: Now, they only mentioned the Original Gundam on Blu Ray, but at least the announcement proves that Gundam can get a Blu Ray release. Unless, they meant that others will get a Blu Ray edition in addition to the Original series.

It's not a foolhardy venture anymore. :D/ :D/
I admit to being wrong. Good to see, although I probably won'won't replace my DVDS unless there are significant new extras.
Apology accepted.

FOOLHARDY VENTURE PAID OFF.

I'll only sell my Utena DVDs if they also include the booklets from the DVD sets and also have really nice packaging.

I am hoping that since Nozomi doesn't sell a lot of stuff in Brick & Mortar stores, the packaging will lack that horrific blue bar.

I'm impressed with TRSI's Gundam releases.  I'll probably get four out of the six announced.  It's about  time that Sunrise quit holding on to the older shows out of the series. 

Havent seen any news regarding the steins;gate movie, eva 3.33, or code geass...was the funimation panel not today? Still hope?

Havent seen any news regarding the steins;gate movie, eva 3.33, or code geass...was the funimation panel not today? Still hope?
Nope. Funi dropped the ball when came to announcing pretty much anything. Only thing of note is that they're part of the production committee for some upcoming show.

It's nice that were getting the original Gundam on blu-ray. One watch was enough for me though. Too damn tedious,even more so when you read the Origin manga,which kicks it's ass in everything

The Funi panel was a huge letdown. Like 40min of trailers of things out already and 2min announcing that they were going to work on the committee for Dimension W. Not to mention this was all after a 45min delay in starting the thing.

Eh to Gundam. Not saying it's expected, but where's SEED, 00, etc.? Who really cares about Turn A on Blu-ray?

Then again, the SEED Blu-ray edits... eh.

Nope. Funi dropped the ball when came to announcing pretty much anything. Only thing of note is that they're part of the production committee for some upcoming show.

It's nice that were getting the original Gundam on blu-ray. One watch was enough for me though. Too damn tedious,even more so when you read the Origin manga,which kicks it's ass in everything
:wall:

Remember Otakon is at the end of the month. Sometimes they aren't allowed to announce certain things until they get the "OK" from Japan. Although it is pretty darn lame for them to come to AX empty handed. 

Remember Otakon is at the end of the month. Sometimes they aren't allowed to announce certain things until they get the "OK" from Japan. Although it is pretty darn lame for them to come to AX empty handed.
As someone new to AX as a whole, I'll keep that in mind as a whole (and not just for them).

Still, they didn't do any favors for themselves. It's still better than AoA in a twisted sort of way.

Funimation could be saving news for Comic Con as well.

I'll stick with my Death Note DVD's unless the Blu Rays include some kind of exclusive extra.

Funimation could be saving news for Comic Con as well.

I'll stick with my Death Note DVD's unless the Blu Rays include some kind of exclusive extra.
super has aired and they haven't even announced they have it in anyway even though they have a booth that clearly shows they have it at anime expo.

Funimation is dead to me :p

Does anyone happen to have a link to the RS 2013 and RS 2014 holiday sale topics please? 

I would really like to have a record of them even if the inventory links don't work anymore, especially for next year's holiday sales and if Amazon has anything neat to offer next week.  Thanks!

* I must have all the facts in order to overthink and be cheap at the same time *

EDIT:  Sorry, scratch that.  Squarehard was awesome enough to put the 2013 link with the 2014 sale topic.

Does anyone happen to have a link to the RS 2013 and RS 2014 holiday sale topics please?

I would really like to have a record of them even if the inventory links don't work anymore, especially for next year's holiday sales and if Amazon has anything neat to offer next week. Thanks!

* I must have all the facts in order to overthink and be cheap at the same time *

EDIT: Sorry, scratch that. Squarehard was awesome enough to put the 2013 link with the 2014 sale topic.
It's always good to have a reference. ^__^!

Did funi say anything about strike witches movie or ovas? They said they were gonna do the movie last year but I haven't heard a peep about release dates yet.

Eh to Gundam. Not saying it's expected, but where's SEED, 00, etc.? Who really cares about Turn A on Blu-ray?

Then again, the SEED Blu-ray edits... eh.
The ones who care about Turn A on Blu-ray already bought the dvds, Like me. I'm kinda ticked, I did it mainly to support the series but I'm not double dipping anytime soon, I mean the dvds just came out!

The ones who care about Turn A on Blu-ray already bought the dvds, Like me. I'm kinda ticked, I did it mainly to support the series but I'm not double dipping anytime soon, I mean the dvds just came out!
i thought it was only the movies that were getting a bluray release?

i thought it was only the movies that were getting a bluray release?
It is just the movies, but no specific mention if it will be on blu or not.

The original Mobile Suit Gundam series is getting a Blu Ray release. Whether or not the other series will get a BR treatment was vague sincer they only said "plan to release"

If it was the movie version, they wouldve mentioned it. I hope.

bread's done
Back