Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=x-large]Thank you for purchasing our Attack on Titan Colossal Bundle! [/SIZE]

This bundle includes the following products:

Qty 1 - Attack on Titan: Part 1 Standard Edition ($49.98 value)

Qty 1 - Attack on Titan: Part 2 Standard Edition ($49.98 value)

Qty 1 - Attack on Titan: Before the Fall EXCLUSIVE FUNimation Edition ($23.99 value)

A $123.95 value — yours for only $39.99!

We recently discovered that an incorrect image was shown on our website, so we wanted to clarify what was included in this bundle. Since this error is on our part, we would like to offer you $10 off your next FUNimation Store purchase. Please be sure to use the *unique code below.

^I'm actually happy about this myself.^^^^^^^^

A heads up to my fellow CAGs who ordered S1 of Jojo. I just got off of a chat with an Amazon rep and he price matched my Jojo pre-order for $30 from May to the current $44 listing. I made sure to let him know that the second listing of the DVD is false. I'd say contact their support if your pre-order is still hanging with the lower price.
Thanks for the heads up, took some persuading but my order should be on its way.

Got my No Game No Life set in. A few observations.

1) This show realky likes the color pink.

2) Why is Konata in this series?

3) Here are the closest things I could find to damages on my box. Not even the DVD cases were damaged.

Got my No Game No Life set in. A few observations.

1) This show realky likes the color pink.

2) Why is Konata in this series?

3) Here are the closest things I could find to damages on my box. Not even the DVD cases were damaged.
Man that box is beat to shit jk,you were one of the fortunate ones to get a box with little to minimal damage.

Got my NGNL box. One of the corners of the box was slightly smushed and rounded, but otherwise seems perfect. Sorry you got shafted squarehard, that is way more damage than I would've expected. I haven't opened it yet, but if internals are damaged I'll be mad.

So I cancelled my Amazon pre order of Jojo ( i think i already posted that) and theyre currently selling it for $44.

It was $29.88 at my Walmart. And they actually had plenty in stock.

So who really dropped the ball, Amazon or WB?

Also WM had Tokyo Ghoul S1 BR for $30 which i believe is $10 less than Amazon/MSRP. My WM in KC, MO actually has a decent anime selection of ~6-8 titles plus Ghiblis. (I also picked up Marnie for $22.)

So I cancelled my Amazon pre order of Jojo ( i think i already posted that) and theyre currently selling it for $44.

It was $29.88 at my Walmart. And they actually had plenty in stock.

So who really dropped the ball, Amazon or WB?

Also WM had Tokyo Ghoul S1 BR for $30 which i believe is $10 less than Amazon/MSRP. My WM in KC, MO actually has a decent anime selection of ~6-8 titles plus Ghiblis. (I also picked up Marnie for $22.)
WB dropped the ball by releasing a shoddy DVD that compares to windows DVD maker material.

Amazon dropped the ball by making an new listing for JoJo instead of updating the old one, forever holding pre-orders made before the first release date delay.

My No Game, No Life CE dinger just came and it doesn't even have a ding!  It looks brand new.  The packing job was amazing too, with an inner four sided double box.  I'm so pleased and RS just got a customer for life.

Got my NGNL box. One of the corners of the box was slightly smushed and rounded, but otherwise seems perfect. Sorry you got shafted squarehard, that is way more damage than I would've expected. I haven't opened it yet, but if internals are damaged I'll be mad.
Indeed.

It seems as if I was the lucky one to have gotten the lone badly damaged box out of everybody. :*(

WB dropped the ball by releasing a shoddy DVD that compares to windows DVD maker material.

Amazon dropped the ball by making an new listing for JoJo instead of updating the old one, forever holding pre-orders made before the first release date delay.
Who knew it'd be this hard? Must be the work of an enemy Stand...
I'll be giving the DVDs a test go after work, apprehensive now...

Who knew it'd be this hard? Must be the work of an enemy Stand...
I'll be giving the DVDs a test go after work, apprehensive now...
It is pretty terrible. Each episode has non-skippable US staff credits after the normal credits and episode preview and then pulls you back to the main menu. The subs are CC only and are dubtitles with noise captions and other unnecessary stuff.

edit. Well amazon didn't refund me the difference for my pre-order and since it took two times to get it fixed, they ended up just crediting me back the full amount. Yay for screw-ups lol

Today was a glorious mail day.   Yeah, I splurged this month.. :whistle2:|  Great service from Target.com for 5 of 7 of these.  I used up a couple e-giftcards from previous cancellations. 

413663f9-3aec-47bc-b38e-a73cadbc0ff2_zps6b7vqfjs.jpg

The final volume of the Naruto manga was released today, and Viz is celebrating with not only a Mega digital bundle (all 72 volumes plus the 3 one-shot manga) but also a dedicated Naruto app.

My NGNL stuff was all mint on the inside. Apparently I got #13, which seems like something I should be excited about. I think my favorite thing about the set (asides from the soundtrack and playing cards) was that one single card with the gold imprinting on it. High quality and really nifty. I was confused by the fold out poster since there's something on each side...I guess they are saying pick your favorite side and slap to the wall?? Just odd. Excited to watch it again though!

It is pretty terrible. Each episode has non-skippable US staff credits after the normal credits and episode preview and then pulls you back to the main menu.
Is that just when you pick an individual episode? When I watched it a few weeks ago I just hit play from the main menu it played all episodes back to back and didn't have any English credits until after the last episode of the disc.

Is that just when you pick an individual episode? When I watched it a few weeks ago I just hit play from the main menu it played all episodes back to back and didn't have any English credits until after the last episode of the disc.
Just checked and yeah, it looks like its only when you play an individual episode (kind of like the korra blurays)

Guess what got licensed for home release.

CQ5CGlkWgAECuLf.jpg

It's the 2011 version and will be dubbed. They are releasing it on DVD and Bluray

New manga announcements from Viz Media. Yona of the Dawn, Kuroku's Basketball, Haikyuu, Everyone's Getting Married, Monster Hunter: Flash Hunter, and Seventh Garden. Black Clover is also getting a volume release.

EDIT: On a more personal note, I ordered Michiko & Hatchin LE from Amazon Warehouse Deals and it came with both parts! Yay!

If you got Netflix, Seven Deadly Sins (Nanatsu no Taizai) will be available on 11/1

Sunrise to Dub Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Release Gundam Build Fighters and Try, rerelease Mobile Suit Gundam - The Movie Trilogy

What has been released or has a release window:

- Turn A Gundam [No dub] (DVD Released Summber 2015)

- Turn A Gundam Compilation Movies [No dub] (DVD Release Winter 2015)
- Mobile Suit Gundam [Dubbed] (Blu-ray & DVD Release Winter 2015)

- Mobile Suit Gundam Compilation Movies [No dub] Confirmed for Spring DVD release. (March 2016 Release?)
- Gundam Reconguista in G [No dub] Confirmed for Spring Blu-ray & DVD release. (March 2016 Release?)

- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam [Dubbed] Confirmed for 2016 release. (Summer 2016 Release?) Blu-ray has been released in Japan
- After War Gundam X [No dub] Confirmed for Spring DVD release. Confirmed for 2016 release. (Summer 2016 Release?) No Blu-ray release in Japan

- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation Movies [No dub] (Fall 2016 Release?) Blu-ray has been released in Japan 
- Gundam Build Fighters [No dub] Confirmed for 2016 release. (Fall 2016 Release?) Blu-ray has been released in Japan

- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ [No dub] Confirmed for 2016 release. (Winter 2016 Release?) Blu-ray has been released in Japan
- Gundam Build Fighters Try [No dub] Confirmed for 2016 release. (Winter 2016 Release?) Blu-ray has been released in Japan

- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans [GETTING Dubbed by Bang Zoom Early 2016] (2016 Release? or Stream?)

Series without release window - I speculate this is the order of release. Assuming they focus on never before released in NA series and Universal Century first (mention in initial PR).

- Mobile Suit Gundam AGE [No dub] Blu-ray has been released in Japan (2017 release?)
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack [Dubbed] Blu-ray has been released in Japan (2017 release?)

- Mobile Suit Victory Gundam [No dub] Blu-ray has been released in Japan (2017 release?)
- Mobile Suit Gundam F91 [Dubbed]  Blu-ray has been released in Japan (2017 release?)

- Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket [Dubbed] No Blu-ray has been released in Japan
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory [Dubbed] Being released for the first time on BD in JP in January
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team [Dubbed] Blu-ray has been released in Japan

- Mobile Fighter G Gundam [Dubbed] No Blu-ray has been released in Japan (2017 release?)

- Mobile Suit Gundam Wing [Dubbed] Blu-ray has been released in Japan
- Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz [Dubbed] Blu-ray has been released in Japan

- Mobile Suit Gundam Seed [Dubbed - Might need rework] HD Remaster Blu-ray has been released in Japan
- Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny [Dubbed - Might need rework] HD Remaster Blu-ray has been released in Japan
- Mobile Suit Gundam Seed C.E.73: Stargazer [No dub] Blu-ray has been released in Japan

- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 [Dubbed] Blu-ray has been released in Japan
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer [Dubbed] Blu-ray has been released in Japan

Thanks for compiling that list of releases.  I had been wondering about their schedule.  One thing not on that list is Gundam Unicorn.  Is there any news on a on complete collection or at least more reasonably priced blu-rays?  I'm not interested in paying $60 for a single blu-ray.

A damn shame Gundam Build Fighters isn't getting a dub. Having the Ocean Group dub it would make for a ton of casting gags and actor allusions. Still want Brad Swaile to voice Sei.

Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- is now available for pre-order!

http://stuf.it/1L4vcVS

The wait is over everybody.

PonyCan has gifted us yet another overpriced set, and it'll only set you back $71.98.  They even thought about the casual anime enthusiast this time and released a blu-ray only edition which contains 4 episodes on a single disc for only $42.98, and the DVD only for $32.98.  What a deal!

#MightAsWellBuyAniplex

Well, Rokka is probably the only series Ponycan is going to be releasing in the foreseeable future that will appeal to me, as I can't tolerate cutesy moe anime, which is what the majority of their titles all seem to be. So I'll be ordering all three collectors sets for this series, since It will most likely be the only Ponycan series I get for my collection. The pricing for this is pretty much irrelevent, as I mostly only purchase Aniplex and Japanese imports on Blu-ray now anyway, so I'm used to paying Japanese prices - I buy very few domestic releases anymore, as I've gotten most of the older catalog releases I wanted to own, and the newer anime releases are now 90% that cutesy moe fanservice crap I don't care for. Plus, the US anime companies don't bother to put much effort into the video quality of their releases, cramming 9-12 episodes on a Blu-ray disc, with crap bitrates, and extremely poor video filter settings; Aniplex and JP releases are usually much better quality, all around.

Special limited offer! Customers who pre-order all three Collector's Editions (volumes 1-3 of Rokka) are eligible to receive an episode storyboard done by the director, Takeo Takahashi. Eligibility for this special limited offer lasts until the final cut-off date of the regular gift with purchase for Collector's Edition 3, which will be in February 2016 or while supplies last.

If Ponycan ever does dubs then R2 distributors will probably start licensing their properties and then I may consider buying the R2 versions (European licensors have licensed sub only series but only a few of the Aniplex ones). They only have a few properties and nothing appears to really stick out yet. Good luck to them though......

Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- is now available for pre-order!
http://stuf.it/1L4vcVS

The wait is over everybody.

PonyCan has gifted us yet another overpriced set, and it'll only set you back $71.98. They even thought about the casual anime enthusiast this time and released a blu-ray only edition which contains 4 episodes on a single disc for only $42.98, and the DVD only for $32.98. What a deal!

#MightAsWellBuyAniplex
Yeah I saw that as well. So...I'm sure it'll be about $219 for LE's, or...oh Lordy $130 for the regular BD's. Thank God they are looking out for us poor folks haha.

^Good luck to them trying sell Lance & Masques at that price.
Oh it is coming. I'm sure they don't care at all. Just AoA Jr. here. Shame to as that is another show I wanted to buy but not at those prices.

Well, Rokka is probably the only series Ponycan is going to be releasing in the foreseeable future that will appeal to me, as I can't tolerate cutesy moe anime, which is what the majority of their titles all seem to be. So I'll be ordering all three collectors sets for this series, since It will most likely be the only Ponycan series I get for my collection. The pricing for this is pretty much irrelevent, as I mostly only purchase Aniplex and Japanese imports on Blu-ray now anyway, so I'm used to paying Japanese prices - I buy very few domestic releases anymore, as I've gotten most of the older catalog releases I wanted to own, and the newer anime releases are now 90% that cutesy moe fanservice crap I don't care for. Plus, the US anime companies don't bother to put much effort into the video quality of their releases, cramming 9-12 episodes on a Blu-ray disc, with crap bitrates, and extremely poor video filter settings; Aniplex and JP releases are usually much better quality, all around.
Quiet you, were not all oil barons or steel magnates like you. :p
Some of us are happy with non pricey US releases. I want to support the anime sector but if they charge high prices how can expect everyone to afford that. Some of need to eat food beside ramen.

bread's done
Back