Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no sign of the Attack on Titan blurays i ordered on Sept 29th during the AoT sale being shipped soon.

Is funimation.com usually this terrible? At this rate, the price will drop elsewhere before I even get them.

Thinking about cancelling.
Reading back few pages on this thread will answer your question and then some. Short answer though- yes.

Still no sign of the Attack on Titan blurays i ordered on Sept 29th during the AoT sale being shipped soon.

Is funimation.com usually this terrible? At this rate, the price will drop elsewhere before I even get them.

Yeah. it took two months for the Dragonball Z sets to get delivered.

Yeah. it took two months for the Dragonball Z sets to get delivered.
The new deal with Uni has caused this wondering SNAFU. Also, is your tracking through some crazy 3rd party no name shipper now? And get ready for some of the worst packaging. I thought the boxes with air pillows were back. They downgraded and started shipping stuff in bubble mailers. My Space Dandy S2 LE was in a bubble mailer that was torn. Lucky it arrived alright.

So

Post Funi - ok shipping semi decent packaging

New Funi/Uvi - terrible slow shipping and packaging

The video was taken down, what's the problem?
...Of course.

Anyway, in the second half of Episode 80, the bad guy hypnotizes Ami to think that the other Senshi are making fun of her. The audio is fine at this point, but when Ami reaches her breaking point, the video cuts to Ami looking around, the Senshi jumping out the window, then back into the classroom where Ami snaps and they head to the window. Meanwhile, the audio is playing correctly. There's no skipping involved and it happens again on the DVD version.

I was literally going to cancel today as I'm tighter on money than expected and because of what I posted.

(And yeah I saw the posts before, was asking for the broad sense of how FUNi is now and boy did I get it. This is only the 2nd time I've ordered from them and back in late 2013 they weren't such garbage.)

And it shipped today. Ugh, fine. I'll cross my fingers that my blurays are completely smashed and fuck ed up.

Received a message from Rightstuf about my Lupin-Conan DVD's. They have the products but are backed up fulfilling orders.

Said they should be shipped within a few days.

Per Rightstuf. Update on somethings.

Just an update here, I have the warehouse a bit backed up because we have partial shipping back up and running now full speed ahead, and that has created a huge amount of shipments that we need to work through. On the positive side, there will be lots of happy customers getting their stuff, and once we work through the backlog, the delivery speed will dramatically increase since orders when they leave us will take everything else they possibly can along with them. We will be able to process much more frequently to more quickly push orders out the door as well. So lightning speed, but the cloud ahead of it to work through the backlog. Thanks for your patience if you have an order currently in queue. The warehouse minions are hard at work, coming in in the wee hours of the morning!

Also please be advised that pre-auth is back, but the pre-auth amount is $1, not the full amount of the order. So don't be surprised when you receive a small pre-auth when you place an order, it's just for card verification. International card processing has been fantastic, so I am hoping those of you outside the US are pleased - spread the word for me that the card copies and extra work we were asking for is a thing of the past. Hopefully people are also liking the fact they can pay with paypal now if they want.

Figure orders are through the roof and I'm excited that we're adding some of these almost every day!

The new search code seems to have helped a great deal. Feedback is welcome; however, we're not seeing the spurious results we were having before.

Realize there are still other things people want to see, and we have our team working on several projects right now.

OK, time for the Dark Lord to head home for some rest. But wanted to provide some great updates. More to come.

Posted elsewhere, but will post here as well:

I had a thought here, I'm going to float.

Do people care about the order#s that items they own are on? Or do you only care about the fact you own the item?

Would you want to add items that you own that perhaps you purchased elsewhere?

I'm wondering if a list that could be in the account that is a "I own this" list might be useful. Could even eventually be a list you could share with others (we're working on making lists externally sharable).

Then if you see something you own, you could mark it. We could prepopulate with the data we have, and if there is an error in our data (from conversion) or something, it could still be marked.

Just an idea. Let me know what you guys think.

Gonna try and re-posted that video problem I had earlier.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oDOEoMMgeSo

Hmmm... collection one? For $85??
Akame ga Kill is such an aggravating show, and that bitch Seryu is one of my most hated villains of all time. Loved Berserk, loved Death Note, even enjoyed Monster despite the shitty way they let Johan miraculously escape whenever Tenma had committed himself to the deed. But Seryu--from her twisted sense of justice to the satanic, goat eyes they give her during a fight--I absolutely hated her whenever she appeared. I can't honestly believe they expect people to pay that much for it when they do that textbook "explain character's back story, kill character off" garbage.

Akame was just an all around brutal series and could change it's tone in a second's notice. Some people dug it and some people couldn't stand it. 

Just from what I read if Akame,it sounds like a series that tries very hard to be "edgy". That and the killing off if characters just came off as a cheap gimmick(you gotta give these characters more characterization than a quick backstory if you want me to care).

Welp BestBuy just auto canceled my Persona 4 CE order yesterday, kind of dumb since they sent me a "We'll have it to you by Dec. 1st" email 2 hrs before.

I finally got around to picking up my $10 copy of DBZ Battle of the Gods. I get to Walmart and they couldn't find it, so they substituted Resurrection F for the same price. Ain't even mad.

Hastings has sale for Halloween.

And SecondSpin counters with

SS3915A_WeeklyPromo_530x90.jpg

Hastings is better than SecondSpin 80% of the time. They usually have better stock and way better prices even before discount. SecondSpin does have the shipping advantage, but with their prices it doesn't offset too much.

If the were running a 35-40% Off All Used or a B2G1 For $1 sale, that would be way better, but B1G1 50% Off is probably their crappiest sale.

Eh, only if you really, really like extras.

Although, if you have an eBay account and don't want the DVDs, you could probably just sell the DVDs from the set and make your money back pretty easily.

Eh, I tend to sell the DVDs to both recoup some money and condense disc space. So, both Season 1 and Season 2 are currently in my Season 1 box.

In other news, Loot Crate is making an anime-specifc subscription box. The site it is at http://www.lootcrate.com/anime

It says it will include manga and figures (among other things), but don't expect Figma or Play Arts Kai-level figures. Will likely be gashopon-level figures.

thanks for this, sailor moon is so ordered despite video issues as that is a great price for the combo versions of those.

ranma, while tempting i already own on dvd and it's not that great of a series so I don't feel a huge need to buy it again.

edit: it seems inuyasha final act on blu ray is also only 19.99

I would jump on Ranma but I'm afraid of the condition it would arrive in. May as well take a chance and go down to BB tomorrow since I'll be in the area.

In other news, Loot Crate is making an anime-specifc subscription box. The site it is at http://www.lootcrate.com/anime
After my free Loot Crate, the thoughts I heard from others ending up being true. Great presentation and quality of items, but everything you get can be hit or miss. Mostly miss if you're not open to all genres of media and pop culture. It's mostly random crap and if you're like me, I'm very picky about things I want and don't want.

An anime version could be better. I think an unofficial one was roaming around for a while since other companies have been cashing in on the junk box craze. TL;DR the anime loot crate box is probably going be like random things a friend would get you from a con dealer's room that were on a budget. I'm pretty sure most of us here won't dig it but for the hoarders, let us know how it is. :D

I know right. I never gut my stuff. If I do, I feel like it is incomplete.
When anime is released on DVD but not Blu-ray - THAT's when it is incomplete... :boxing:

I do Frankenstein some of my sets together - especially when a series has a nice DVD art box and the Blu-ray comes in a basic, standard release with maybe just a crappy slip - I'll move the Blu-ray discs over to the DVD art box by changing out the cases for ones with more hubs, turning it into a BD/DVD combo set, and then I'll move the DVD box over to the Blu-ray section of my media shelves. I would have no problem selling off the DVDs, as they're not worth anything more than coasters to me if I have the series on Blu-ray as well - but I don't know how many people would be interested in buying anime series on DVDs in paper sleeves or blank cases...

When anime is released on DVD but not Blu-ray - THAT's when it is incomplete... :boxing:
If or when a new physical media format is released, I hope that they separate our region from Japan's. But I think we're at the point in the game that either Blu Ray is the last format or physical media is going to become a more expensive niche and gradually disappear.

I would jump on Ranma but I'm afraid of the condition it would arrive in. May as well take a chance and go down to BB tomorrow since I'll be in the area.
Yeah, they seem to only ship in plastic bags now.
You can always return them if you they come damaged. Order two sets even, if you'd like.

My Best Buy has had like eight of the yellow S5 box sets since the beginning, and none of the other ones.

You can always return them if you they come damaged. Order two sets even, if you'd like.

My Best Buy has had like eight of the yellow S5 box sets since the beginning, and none of the other ones.
Unfortunately with Best Buy, they do use TRE now, so don't do that too often. Even after a few TRE will go into effect.

Is any of Ranma worth watching after S3? When I started S4 and they introduced the annoying principal I figured that was a good stopping point.

From what I watched if it,it really comes down to how much you enjoy Rumiko Takahashi's humor. I think she depends too much on gimmicks and tropes for it to have any lasting power for over a hundred episodes,so I didn't last long with it.

If or when a new physical media format is released, I hope that they separate our region from Japan's. But I think we're at the point in the game that either Blu Ray is the last format or physical media is going to become a more expensive niche and gradually disappear.
Well I for one don't want to see Japan become a different region, as I buy a lot of Region A import anime Blu-rays directly from Japan, since the US releases are almost always of an inferior quality. I suppose it wouldn't matter if they did go to a different region though, as I mod all my players to be region-free anyway. And, I don't see physical media being phased out anytime soon; BD UHD players and BDXL media are supposed to start releasing possibly as soon as the end of this year. I'm sure anime won't get any UHD treatment for quite a few more years, though. I'm not a cheapassstreamer, so I will always support the highest-possible-quality physical media until the day I die or go blind, whichever comes first, lol...

but I don't know how many people would be interested in buying anime series on DVDs in paper sleeves or blank cases...
A lot of people, actually. Many people use albums to hold their discs or just want the thing as cheaply as possible. I can usually get at least $15-$20 for my DVD discs.

Is any of Ranma worth watching after S3? When I started S4 and they introduced the annoying principal I figured that was a good stopping point.
You've got it spot on, it's also when Sarah Strange's good VA was replaced with Richard Cox-brain for Ranma male

bread's done
Back