Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Said it once before, but you can import from the Uk. You should be able to get season 1 for about 125 shipped after conversion and shipping. Is it cheap? No. But it's better than giving Aniplex a kidney.
Dont think he even wants to pay that.

You gotta either find a legit place to stream it or suck it up and buy it.

Not really a deal persay, but just had to say I finally got hold of all six original DVD volumes of the core Love Hina series at a local resell store after work yesterday. All of them in excellent condition with the inserts and original slightly blue-clear cases. price? $3 per volume!

And on topic, sale on at BestBuy.com:

$13.99 - World God Only Knows OVA'S (DVD)

$14.99 - Blood Lad: The Complete Series (DVD) (2 Disc)

Persona 4 Collector's Edition is being sold for 69.98 again by deepdiscount

http://www.deepdiscount.com/persona-4-animation-collectors-edition/814131019073

can also be combined with the 10% off coupon being offered right now by deep discount :D
Thanks, went ahead at picked it up since BB screwed me over. Came out to $62.68, $65.67 after shipping.

Promo is "BOOTS" just in case anyone was wondering (saved $6.96).

Must be the compact edition. By compact I mean smashed via the paper bag they ship it in.
I ordered a couple of collectors editions (Sentai) from them and both times they came in boxes, poorly paper filled boxes but still no damage done.

I picked up Fairy Tail collection 5 at Best Buy for $34.99 today.   I thought that was pretty cool that they were selling it in the store and I want them to keep stocking more anime in the future.

FYE/Suncoast is having their bonus bucks promo again. Spend over $30 and get a $10 off coupon (requires receipt) than can be used November 29th - December 5th.

If you still haven't bought any anime from Best Buy, this could be a nice chance:

8tQoInA.jpg

Not sure if it's been posted yet but it appears amazon has price matched best buy for sailor moon set 1 part 2 and some of the ranma sets.

Well it seems the gods hate me, my second attempt at getting Persona 4 CE was also canceled by DeepDiscount. To make it worse they short changed me on the refund and I had to call in order to get the rest of my money back. The only good thing was the fact that their customer service was quick and efficient. :cry:

Edit: Went ahead and said screw it, got it from Amazon before it goes oop. $87.13 after taxes right now w/ Prime.

used a few points and saved $30...$57 even :D/

Loot Crate's Anime Crate launches next week. It has a limited inventory and will cost $24 a month plus shipping and handling.

Also, if you have a Bank of America account, one of the Amerideals is 10% cash back on Loot Crate.

RightStuf's Holiday Sale is up. Nothing too amazing so far, but the original Sentai releases of Fate/Stay Night are super cheap. Dr. Slump and Slam Dunk manga is also 50% Off.

RightStuf's Holiday Sale is up. Nothing too amazing so far, but the original Sentai releases of Fate/Stay Night are super cheap. Dr. Slump and Slam Dunk manga is also 50% Off.
Kind of want to get Humanity Has Declined blu for $21, but the CAG in me wants it cheaper. Battle Royal Director's Cut blu for $10 is the cheapest I've seen.

Rightstuf must be spying on me because Dr. Slump Volume 11 onward is EXACTLY what I'm missing. Lo and behold, they are selling those issues as a bundle.

Now I just need another $20 worth of product to get free shipping. 

Looks like Rightstuf is starting their holiday sales early this year.  From email.

Right Stuf's Annual Holiday Sale is finally here! From now through December 27th, save up to 95% OFF on DVDs, Blu-rays, books and merchandise! New items are added to the sale daily. Quantities on some items are limited so make sure to order early and often! All orders must be placed by 11:59 PM CST on December 27, 2015!

I'll have to check in daily, I saw a blu ray or two I might pick up but not enough for free shipping.

Looks like Rightstuf is starting their holiday sales early this year. From email.

Right Stuf's Annual Holiday Sale is finally here! From now through December 27th, save up to 95% OFF on DVDs, Blu-rays, books and merchandise! New items are added to the sale daily. Quantities on some items are limited so make sure to order early and often! All orders must be placed by 11:59 PM CST on December 27, 2015!

I'll have to check in daily, I saw a blu ray or two I might pick up but not enough for free shipping.
Posted 5 post ago. It was hidden because of the new page. :)

Dragonar Academy Limited Edition is shipping from RS. Along with some of the Sentai Dec. stuff. Credit for pika for the heads up on the Dec. titles.

Chaika and Aura

Beyond the Boundary CE is $85 for Amazon Prime members, though Deep Discount and another Marketplace seller have it for a similar price + $4 shipping.

EDIT: Even better. DVD Planet is running a sale for 10% Off all DVDS with the code DAGOBAH. The Beyond the Boundary CE is listed as a DVD in their system and is eligible for the discount.

It looks like my Death Note blu ray order is "pending fulfillment". Confused me, thought it meant it was coming soon. Eager to re-watch after all these years. Which reminds me I still need to sell the brand new Death Note DVD set that I never opened lol. Also realized I bought the clone wars on dvd instead of blu ray...another thing to put up on eBay. Sigh.

Edit: Righstuf confuses me

I agree those are really funny. I'd be willing to get prints made just to frame.

Just in case some people only visit this thread, I'll update the daily sale stuff here too like I did the previous year,

Mega Deal

Day 3 - 11/14

Mazinger Edition Z The Impact! Complete Series DVDhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/redire...The-Impact-Complete-Series-DVD-S&pid=13026479 Retail Price: $49.95, Your Member Price: $24.99

Holiday Sale

Day 3 - 11/14

Aquarian Age Complete Series DVD Your Price: $8.99

Asylum Session DVD Your Price: $6.99

Barefoot Waltz Manga Adult Your Price: $6.49

Broken Blade Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Broken Blade DVD Your Price: $20.99

Eureka Seven: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers DVD Your Price: $12.49

Fate/Zero Blu-ray Box Set 1 (Import) Your Price: $269.98

Gallants DVD Your Price: $2.99

Ghost Hound Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $7.99

Ghost Hound Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $7.98

Glass Sky Manga Adult Your Price: $6.49

Guin Saga Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $12.00

Guin Saga Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $12.00

Happiness! DVD Your Price: $17.49

Haruka Free! Keychain Metal Your Price: $5.03

Is the Order a Rabbit? Blu-ray Your Price: $26.99

Is the Order a Rabbit? DVD Your Price: $22.49

Justice N Mercy Artbook Your Price: $12.99

Kamunagara: Rebirth of the Demonslayer Manga 01 Your Price: $2.39

Kamunagara: Rebirth of the Demonslayer Manga 02 Your Price: $2.39

Kamunagara: Rebirth of the Demonslayer Manga 03 Your Price: $2.39

Kamunagara: Rebirth of the Demonslayer Manga 04 Your Price: $2.39

Kamunagara: Rebirth of the Demonslayer Manga 05 Your Price: $2.39

Kamunagara: Rebirth of the Demonslayer Manga 06 Your Price: $2.39

Kamunagara Specials Bundle Your Price: $13.49

Kill Me Baby Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Kill Me Baby DVD Your Price: $20.99

Kurenai DVD Your Price: $17.49

Lightning Warrior Raidy CDROM Game (Windows) Adult Your Price: $14.97

Lightning Warrior Raidy II CDROM Game (Windows) Adult Your Price: $17.97

My Beautiful Girl Mari DVD Your Price: $3.00

Night Head Genesis DVD Complete Collection (S) - Litebox Your Price: $8.99

Ninja Resurrection DVD Your Price: $2.00

Parasite Dolls DVD Your Price: $6.99

Polyphonica Crimson S DVD Your Price: $17.49

Polyphonica DVD Your Price: $13.99

Rental Magica Collection 1 DVD Litebox Your Price: $15.99

Rental Magica Collection 2 DVD Litebox Your Price: $15.99

Saving Life Manga Your Price: $5.29

SD Levi Attack on Titan Keychain PU Leather Your Price: $5.03

The Suicide Song DVD Your Price: $2.99

Suppli Manga 01 Your Price: $4.39

Suppli Manga 02 Your Price: $4.39

Suppli Manga 03 Your Price: $4.39

Suppli Manga Omnibus (Vols 04-05) Your Price: $7.99

Tetsujin 28 Collection 2 Music Your Price: $1.99

U Don't Know Me Manga Adult Your Price: $4.49

Vampire Hunter D OVA Blu-ray Your Price: $13.49

Vampire Hunter D OVA DVD Your Price: $8.99

Velveteen & Mandala Manga Your Price: $8.48

Visitor Manga 01 Your Price: $3.49

Visitor Manga 02 Your Price: $3.49

Visitor Manga 03 Your Price: $3.49

Visitor Manga 04 Your Price: $3.49

Visitor Manga 05 Your Price: $3.49

You're Under Arrest Season 2 Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $8.00

The beginning weeks of the RS sales are always mostly Bargain Bin DVDs they are trying to clear out of stock, and a lot of manga, with only a few good tidbits thrown in to keep the selections from being a total bust.  They save most of the more interesting and higher-demand items, and the majority of the Blu-rays, for later on in the sale.  Their Wave sales in November were always fairly slim pickings... the better stuff will be added during December.  

It's been a year and Gargantia still hasn't dropped to a decent price. I'm still very bitter about not being able to get it during Rightstuf's one day sale on it last year.

Still have that Dr. Slump bundle in my cart and looking to spend another $20 on something to get free shipping.  

I was impressed with Discotek's presentation on the Conan-Lupin releases so I wouldn't mind checking out more from them.

Mega Deal

A Certain Magical Index Season 1 Blu-ray/DVD Retail Price: $49.98, Your Member Price: $24.99

Day 4

Battle Girls: Time Paradox Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Battle Girls: Time Paradox DVD Your Price: $20.99

Doggy Poo DVD + Limited Edition Soundtrack CD Your Price: $4.49

ef ~ A Tale of Melodies Blu-ray Your Price: $14.00

ef ~ A Tale of Melodies DVD Your Price: $12.00

ef ~ A Tale of Memories Blu-ray Your Price: $14.00

ef ~ A Tale of Memories DVD Your Price: $12.00

Full Metal Panic! Novel 04 Your Price: $5.99

Gatchaman: Collector's Edition DVD Box 1 + Bonus DVD Your Price: $5.99

Gatchaman: Collector's Edition DVD Box 2 Your Price: $5.99

Gatchaman: Collector's Edition DVD Box 3 Your Price: $5.99