Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well shit I didn't order Accel World and it appears the 1st part is not even on the website anymore and the price of the second set went up. They were just regular deals that came up, they weren't listed as limited time only. I've noticed quite a few items doing this, I wonder if it's on purpose or site errors? Kinda annoyed Accel World Set 1 isn't even on the site anymore.

Well shit I didn't order Accel World and it appears the 1st part is not even on the website anymore and the price of the second set went up. They were just regular deals that came up, they weren't listed as limited time only. I've noticed quite a few items doing this, I wonder if it's on purpose or site errors? Kinda annoyed Accel World Set 1 isn't even on the site anymore.
It's just the ViZ items that are doing that.

They did this last year too, and noted that they were limited quantity, and once those sale prices sold out, they'll either relist them at higher prices, or just remove them if they're out of stock.

They did note in the main banner that "Quantities on some items are limited", so it pretty much applies to all of the ViZ titles in the sale.

Pretty much the same thing as last year, but this time they just kind of lumped everything together as a general as an overall restrictions to all items, but it's really only on the ViZ dvds and blus.

Their manga doesn't seem to be experiencing these same issues even though they're out of stock, but most of them are under the limited time offer week long sales now.

It's a new age of Rightstuf holiday sales I guess...I don't like it. ~_~

Funimation Black Friday Sale 2015

Man, this year's sale is complete garbage. Most of these are cheaper in Rightstuf's sale, lol.

Unless this gets drastically better by Thursday, I'm just going to wait for Cyber Monday I guess...
Funny that they are all selling the same stuff. RS, AMZ, and now Funi. Just a terrible by product of that Uni deal. And I hope they have more then this.

I love that their King of Eden is almost twice as much as RightStuf's.
Yeah I was that as well. I was like...wow Funi really?

I've been thinking of seeing other shows from the guy that did S-Cry-Ed, is Fafner any good?  (if they aren't all from that same guy, I'm just going by shows that have the same art style, IE Scryed, Gundam Seed, Fafner, and some other recent anime from Funimation)

Those shows just have the same character designer. The writers and directors are all different. Mitsuo Fukuda, who did Gundam SEED did Future GPX Cyber Formula (which got a lot of shout-outs in Destiny). Goro Taniguchi, who did s-CRY-ed, did G Gundam, Gun x Sword, Infinite Ryvius, Code Geass, and Planetes (all of which are required viewing). Fafner's director, Nobuyoshi Habara, also did Broken Blade, DN Angel, the first Negima series, Sorcerer Hunters, and Steam Detectives.

The actual character designer, Hisashi Hirai, also did Linebarrels of Iron (which is pretty good), Infinite Ryvius, Heroic Age, and Majestic Prince.

It's just the ViZ items that are doing that.

They did this last year too, and noted that they were limited quantity, and once those sale prices sold out, they'll either relist them at higher prices, or just remove them if they're out of stock.

They did note in the main banner that "Quantities on some items are limited", so it pretty much applies to all of the ViZ titles in the sale.

Pretty much the same thing as last year, but this time they just kind of lumped everything together as a general as an overall restrictions to all items, but it's really only on the ViZ dvds and blus.

Their manga doesn't seem to be experiencing these same issues even though they're out of stock, but most of them are under the limited time offer week long sales now.

It's a new age of Rightstuf holiday sales I guess...I don't like it. ~_~
Yeah I completely missed that Accel Word was VIZ, ahh oh well maybe another time but it is kinda confusing when certain things are listed under the limited time only tab and others aren't like the case with Accel World. I didn't order right away cause I wanted to do a big order all together but now I'll just order when I hit the $50 mark.

Well, I still need an opinion of Fafner, and oh, of Heroic Age.  I also thought their manga were related in some way.

I'm thinking of just grabbing the Save set for Fafner. I hate the G1 slipcase G2 plastic case design that it has. I'm glad it finally got some kind of re-release.

I already got Fate/Kaleid from Fry's last year but I wonder why it hasn't held up its price even at rightstuf. I guess if sentai gets zwei, it should drop quickly too.

Heroic Age can be gotten for $10-$12 easily, so even for a blind buy there's not much investment.

I already got Fate/Kaleid from Fry's last year but I wonder why it hasn't held up its price even at rightstuf. I guess if sentai gets zwei, it should drop quickly too.
Didn't Aniplex announce that one, or was that a different Fate series?

Mega Deal

Day 13
DRAMAtical Murder Blu-ray Retail Price: $69.98, Your Member Price: $34.99
DRAMAtical Murder DVD Retail Price: $59.98, Your Member Price: $29.99

Space Brothers Collection 5 Blu-ray Retail Price: $59.98, Your Member Price: $29.99
Space Brothers Collection 5 DVD  Retail Price: $49.98, Your Member Price: $24.99

Day 13

.hack//4koma Manga Your Price: $4.99

.hack//Alcor Manga Your Price: $4.39

.hack//Link Manga 01 Your Price: $4.39

.hack//Link Manga 02 Your Price: $4.39

.hack//Link Manga 03 Your Price: $4.39

Akikan! DVD Your Price: $17.49

Alley of First Love Manga Your Price: $4.99

Amorous Professor Cherry/I'm Gonna Nurse You 1-2 DVD-ROM Game Adult (Windows) Your Price: $14.97

Anime Explosion! The What? Why? & Wow! Of Japanese Animation (Revised Ed) Your Price: $22.50

Switchblade Pictures Double Feature DVD Your Price: $5.99

Black Angel Movie Collection DVD Adult Your Price: $4.49

Bleak Night DVD Your Price: $8.99

Brighter Than the Dawning Blue DVD Your Price: $17.49

Dan Doh!! The Super Shot Complete Collection DVD Anime Legends Your Price: $5.99

Female Convict Scorpion Blu-ray Your Price: $2.99

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig Complete Collection DVD Anime Legends Your Price: $19.99

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Complete Collection DVD Anime Legends Your Price: $19.99

Girls und Panzer Complete TV Series Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Girls und Panzer Complete TV Series DVD Your Price: $9.99

Girls und Panzer Complete OVA Collection Blu-ray Your Price: $13.99

Girls und Panzer Complete OVA Collection DVD Your Price: $10.49

Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino DVD Viridian Collection Your Price: $11.99

Gun X Sword CD Soundtrack 2 Your Price: $1.99

Hakuoki OVA: A Memory of Snow Flowers DVD Your Price: $10.49

Hakuoki Season 1 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Hakuoki Season 2: Record of the Jade Blood DVD Your Price: $20.99

Hakuoki Season 3: Dawn of the Shinsengumi Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Hakuoki Season 3: Dawn of the Shinsengumi DVD Your Price: $20.99

Hanasaku Iroha ~ Blossoms for Tomorrow Set 1 Premium Edition Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $29.99

Hanasaku Iroha ~ Blossoms for Tomorrow Set 2 Premium Edition Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $49.99

Hanasaku Iroha Premium Blu-ray Bundle Your Price: $99.99

Hanasaku Iroha the Movie: Home Sweet Home Premium Edition Blu-ray Your Price: $34.99

ICE DVD Your Price: $10.49

Juden Chan Complete Series DVD Your Price: $12.49

L'Etoile Solitaire Manga Adult Your Price: $6.49

Luuna Manga 01 Your Price: $4.39

Majestic Prince Collection 1 Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Majestic Prince Collection 2 Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Majestic Prince Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Majestic Prince Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Maria Watches Over Us Season 1 DVD Litebox Your Price: $19.99

Maria Watches Over Us Season 2: Printemps DVD Your Price: $19.99

Maria Watches Over Us Season 2: Printemps DVD Litebox Your Price: $19.99

Maria Watches Over Us Season 3 DVD Litebox Your Price: $14.99

Maria Watches Over Us Season 4 DVD Your Price: $19.99

Maria Watches Over Us Season 4 DVD Litebox Your Price: $19.99

Mazinkaiser/Shuten Doji Double Feature DVD Your Price: $8.09

MEGANEBU! Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

MEGANEBU! DVD Your Price: $17.49

Miss Me? Manga Your Price: $2.99

Once Upon a Time in Shanghai Blu-ray Your Price: $14.99

Once Upon a Time in Shangpoo DVD (S) LiveAction Your Price: $12.49

Operation Liberate Men Manga 01 Your Price: $1.99

Operation Liberate Men Manga 03 Your Price: $1.99

Operation Liberate Men Manga 04 Your Price: $1.99

Orange Manga (Color) Your Price: $5.99

Persona 4 Collection 1 Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

Persona 4 Collection 2 Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

Persona 4 Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $27.99

Princess Minerva DVD Your Price: $5.99

Sailor Moon Set 1 Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $39.99

Sailor Moon Set 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $44.99

Sailor Moon Set 2 Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $41.99

Sailor Moon Set 1 DVD Your Price: $19.99

Sailor Moon Set 2 DVD Your Price: $19.99

Sailor Moon Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Bundle Your Price: $83.99

Sailor Moon Season 1 DVD Bundle Your Price: $37.99

Sailor Pluto Costume Sailor Moon Bracelet Your Price: $12.23

Scrap Heaven DVD Your Price: $2.99

SD Kagari PSYCHO-PASS Keychain PVC Your Price: $3.59

Tiger & Bunny Set 1 Blu-ray Your Price: $27.49

Tiger & Bunny Set 2 Blu-ray Your Price: $27.49

Yashakiden: The Demon Princess Novel 01 Your Price: $6.99

Yu Persona 4 Plush (8 in) Your Price: $12.23

Link Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Figure Your Price: $40.00

You know that soon after getting these sets, Manga's half of the license will expire and somebody will release Blu-ray sets with all the Deluxe Edition extras.

You know that soon after getting these sets, Manga's half of the license will expire and somebody will release Blu-ray sets with all the Deluxe Edition extras.
I hope they release each season as a 14-disc combo pack that's spread across fifteen double-sized cases that are all connected together.

So was day 13 the last day they will be adding new stuff or will they continue adding until the 27th?
This is the first year they have started the sale on a daily basis in November.

So the sale will no longer be just called the 12+ sale since it appears it will just keep going well into when the 12+ would normally go to.

Before, the sale was just the 3 weeks before they started the 12+, but this year they just did it day by day instead of the 3 weeks or so of sales.

All indication seem to point to a sale that is longer, but right now I can't confirm exactly how the rest of the sale will go.

Hopefully it'll just keep going day by day, but I can't say for sure right now since it's a completely new system this year.

I can only hope. Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex would look fantastic on Blu-Ray.

I finally pulled the trigger on this particular Right-Stuf sale. Most notably, I went in heavy on the Gatchaman content. The price they were asking for the TV+OVA on Blu-ray was very reasonable. (and that's a LOT of episodes) I also threw Kill Me Baby on the pile as a bit of a risk. I know very little about the series, but am in the mood for something comedic and silly.

GitS:SAC has been on Blu-ray in Japan for awhile now. I've been tempted to order it every year, but I keep waiting for a domestic release.

Edit: It's only $260. Per season.

Wouldn't the GitS:SAC blu-ray just be a standard upscale,considering it was done in the early days of digipaint?(along with the outdated CGI looking even worse with the upscale).

I -think- it was remastered. They're not like Funimation, where it's just a cheap upscale.

I remembering downloading one of the episodes ripped from S1 to check it out, and I recall it looking great.

The one where they were rescuing an old woman with tons of action. I want to say it's episode 9.

Edit: Nope, episode 13.

Wouldn't the GitS:SAC blu-ray just be a standard upscale,considering it was done in the early days of digipaint?(along with the outdated CGI looking even worse with the upscale).
Here are some comparisons between the US dvd and KR bd sets (The KR sets use the same transfers as the JP ones) I am not a huge videophile, though people were saying it was a standard upscale but still looked very nice compared to the DVD's. Here is where the comparisons posts started if you want some more input.

That upscale definitely looks well done.Shame were probably not going to get it(not a big enough fan to spend over 200 on the import).
I'm with you on not paying that much for the import. But I wouldn't say never. Licensing deals eventually expire, and Stand Alone Complex falls under the Bandai/Sunrise umbrella. Ever since Bandai closed down their US arm, they've been a little bit more free in talking with Western publishers on bringing some of their series over. Right-Stuf's internal publishing is in the middle of bringing over some of the more obscure Gundam series. And Stand Alone Complex has a substantial following, partially due to its run on Cartoon Network. There would be some hefty demand to see an affordable Western Blu-Ray release. When Manga's licensing for the series lapses, SOMEONE is going to pick that series up.

the Korean release blu-ray lenticular box sets of Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex are one of the best blu-ray purchases I have ever made.  The show looks absolutely incredible; the way it was meant to be enjoyed.  The sets are also among the nicest of anything I own.  All in all, it is a superb package.  (I rarely spring for premium releases because they are overpriced.  This one was worth it.)

http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20460&word=stand%20alone%20complex&key=eng_title

http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20531&word=stand%20alone%20complex&key=eng_title

Looks nice, but I want a re-release mostly for fewer discs and shelf-saving purposes.
So then you just want the typical crappy Funimation/Sentai release with all their normal banding and blocking artifacts in the video, from using too low of a bit rate so they can squeeze 8 or 9 or 12 episodes onto one disc... No thanks. I double dipped on both the Korean and Japanese box sets for the two series - that's 28 discs worth of GitS S.A.C. Blu-ray goodness! :bow:

Dont know if its been posted but at jet.com you can save $25 off $50 orders on new customers only with JETCOMSAVE2.Anyways i ordered beyond the boundary blu and brynhildr in the darkness blu for $38.xx shipped

Dont know if its been posted but at jet.com you can save $25 off $50 orders on new customers only with JETCOMSAVE2.Anyways i ordered beyond the boundary blu and brynhildr in the darkness blu for $38.xx shipped
I hadn't use the code awhile back because their anime selection was still pretty garbage, but glad I took a look again this time around, so thanks for the reminder.

Got One Week Friends and The World is Still Beautiful for $34 shipped.

I hadn't use the code awhile back because their anime selection was still pretty garbage, but glad I took a look again this time around, so thanks for the reminder.

Got One Week Friends and The World is Still Beautiful for $34 shipped.
I approve of these purchases. :)

I still need those two after the RS debacle awhile back. They up and canceled my order of those back when the system was getting overhauled. I was able to get Is the Order a Rabbit for cheap though like $12 for that one. Jet seems to have these sales a lot so they seem to be a pretty solid way to get anime for a decent price new. If you haven't bought from them before, be warned they are a drop shipper. So your stuff could come from anywhere. Seems though that most movies are coming from DD.

bread's done
Back