Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Mega Deal

Day 21

Rail Wars DVD Retail Price: $49.98, Your Member Price: $24.99

Day 21

Black Lagoon Blu-ray/DVD Anime Classics Your Price: $27.49

Chie Persona 4 Plush (8 in) Your Price: $14.39

Coicent / Five Numbers Blu-ray Your Price: $13.99

Coicent / Five Numbers DVD Your Price: $10.49

Come See Me Tonight 1-2 CD-ROM Game Set (Windows) Adult Your Price: $14.97

Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth DVD Your Price: $17.49

Dream Eater Merry Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Dream Eater Merry DVD Your Price: $20.99

Eden of the East Movie 2: Paradise Lost Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $12.49

eX-Driver: The Movie CD Soundtrack Your Price: $1.99

Flowers of Evil Manga 01 Your Price: $5.48

Flowers of Evil Manga 11 Your Price: $5.48

Flowers of Evil Manga 02 Your Price: $5.48

Flowers of Evil Manga 03 Your Price: $5.48

Flowers of Evil Manga 04 Your Price: $5.48

Flowers of Evil Manga 05 Your Price: $5.48

Flowers of Evil Manga 06 Your Price: $5.48

Flowers of Evil Manga 07 Your Price: $5.48

Flowers of Evil Manga Bundle Your Price: $36.79

Gakuen Heaven Complete Collection DVD Litebox Your Price: $9.99

Gerard & Jacques Manga 01 Adult Your Price: $3.99

Gerard & Jacques Manga 02 Adult Your Price: $3.99

Godzilla vs Gigan: Godzilla on Monster Island Blu-ray Your Price: $5.24

Godzilla vs Gigan: Godzilla on Monster Island DVD Your Price: $3.49

Gonin 2 DVD Adult Your Price: $2.19

Gonin Pack: Double Feature DVD Adult Your Price: $4.49

Hard Rock Manga Adult Your Price: $6.49

His and Her Circumstances DVD Anime Value Your Price: $19.99

Holy Knight DVD Your Price: $9.99

How to Draw Shojo Manga Your Price: $5.49

IC in a Sunflower Manga Your Price: $3.99

Intrigue in the Bakumatsu ~ Irohanihoheto Collection 2 Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Intrigue in the Bakumatsu ~ Irohanihoheto Collection 1 Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Intrigue in the Bakumatsu ~ Irohanihoheto Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Intrigue in the Bakumatsu ~ Irohanihoheto Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Kinmoza! Kiniro + Mosaic Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

Kinmoza! Kiniro + Mosaic DVD Your Price: $17.49

Men of Tattoos Manga Adult Your Price: $6.49

MIKUNOPOLIS in Los Angeles Limited Edition Blu-ray + CD Your Price: $39.98

Milky Way Railroad Novel Your Price: $6.48

Ninja Triple Feature DVD Your Price: $5.00

Noragami Season 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $34.99

Oh My God! Manga 01 Adult Your Price: $3.89

Oh My God! Manga 02 Adult Your Price: $3.89

Patlabor TV Series Collection 1 Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Patlabor TV Series Collection 2 Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Patlabor TV Series Collection 3 Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Patlabor TV Series Collection 4 Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Patlabor TV Series Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Patlabor TV Series Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Patlabor TV Series Collection 3 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Patlabor TV Series Collection 4 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Psycho Gothic Lolita DVD Your Price: $3.99

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai DVD Your Price: $17.49

SD Haruka Free! Keychain PU Leather Your Price: $5.59

The Secret Notes of Lady Kanoko Manga 01 Your Price: $3.99

The Secret Notes of Lady Kanoko Manga 02 Your Price: $3.99

ShootFighter Tekken DVD 1 Your Price: $4.29

ShootFighter Tekken DVD 2 Your Price: $4.29

ShootFighter Tekken DVD 3 Your Price: $4.29

The Suicide Forecast DVD Your Price: $8.99

Tenchi Muyo: OVA Collection Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $32.49

Tenchi Muyo: Universe TV Series Complete Series DVD Your Price: $19.99

Tenchi Muyo GXP Complete Series DVD S.A.V.E. Edition Your Price: $14.99

Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki Complete Collection DVD Anime Classics Your Price: $9.99

Twin Signal Manga 01 Your Price: $2.39

Yosuke Persona 4 Plush (8 in) Your Price: $14.39

I still don't understand why Japan DVD prices are so absurd. they really need to get with the times. then again the Japanese gaming and anime market has always been odd. if prices are an issue then they need to adjust them not ban them and force piracy as the only practical solution all the while screaming at how piracy = evil.
Cause that's what they need to do to... you know, survive? As it is, animators get below our minimum wage. In Japan's cost of living.

Lowering the price there won't cause the sales to go any higher, cause the demand is relatively low. Therefore, they count on a smaller group of more passionate fans buying the expensive releases.

Piracy isn't practical there either, because it's actually enforced.

If you're actually interested, and have time/patience, this is a great read.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2012-03-05

As for the sales,

f714a3859a603f807f00d779f210bf54.jpg

while i get what you are saying however it is still rather stupid and seems more than anything to punish actual customers because you can find a superior pirated version. I mean why pay 300 dollars for an inferior version when a superior versions exists for free?

I still don't understand why Japan DVD prices are so absurd. they really need to get with the times. then again the Japanese gaming and anime market has always been odd. if prices are an issue then they need to adjust them not ban them and force piracy as the only practical solution all the while screaming at how piracy = evil.
To add on what was said, most Japanese people have limited living space, so they don't buy many series or movies. They rent them. Unlike here, where the rental market is almost nonexistant, Japan still has a thriving rental economy over there. Once a TV show airs, rental-only DVDs of the show appear a month or two later. You can rent an entire anime series for a fraction of the cost of buying it.

As for the sales today, my recommendations today are: Eden of the East Movie 2, His and Her Circumstances, anything Patlabor, and all the Tenchi except GXP.

I would recommend Black Lagoon, but I despise those bloated cases FUNimation uses.

Is Noragami supposed to be good? I keep reading high praise for its second season on ANN, and I noticed that despite RS's "sale" price of $34.99, Amazon has it for $31.99 (though I suspect it might be the standard edition).

How good is the complete Patlabor series on blu-ray? Is it an essential series to have?  I have never seen any of these before and have zero nostalgia.

Patlabor is one of the best giant robot series. Even if it is goofy, it's probably one of the most realistic giant robot series out there.

I like to think of Patlabor as a cop show that just happens to have mech.  It's more about the crimes/politics of the stories that are interesting to me, but add in the misfits that make up a certain Patlabor unit and it balances out so it's not so serious.  I know quite a few people who hate mecha shows (i.e. Gundam), but love Patlabor.

I like to think of Patlabor as a cop show that just happens to have mech. It's more about the crimes/politics of the stories that are interesting to me, but add in the misfits that make up a certain Patlabor unit and it balances out so it's not so serious. I know quite a few people who hate mecha shows (i.e. Gundam), but love Patlabor.
Cause that's exactly what it is.

Cause that's what they need to do to... you know, survive? As it is, animators get below our minimum wage. In Japan's cost of living.

Lowering the price there won't cause the sales to go any higher, cause the demand is relatively low. Therefore, they count on a smaller group of more passionate fans buying the expensive releases.

Piracy isn't practical there either, because it's actually enforced.

If you're actually interested, and have time/patience, this is a great read.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2012-03-05

As for the sales,

f714a3859a603f807f00d779f210bf54.jpg
well i wouldnt be comparing wage and living standards from country to country as that varies wildly.

that said...that link was certainly interesting to read. explains quite a bit really.

that said....I seriously doubt piracy is enforced anywhere simply because it is beyond impractical to even begin to enforce it on a widescale....sure you see certain websites take hits here and there but they always come back and due to the wide scale use of piracy it is literally impossible to enforce. it is the old problem....if there is one cop and 10 speeders.....well either 10 speeders get away or 9 get away....you just cant enforce a law that literally everyone breaks. it's why the worst time to speed is when you are all alone on the road but the best time is during heavy traffic hours because cops can't do anything due to sheer volume. yes some pirates as stated get nailed here and there but thats like 1% of the population and those websites always come back.

and lets assume that the living space issue is true, and thats the reason Japanese don't buy dvds.....and instead rely on rentals. then why have something like english with english subtitles be forbidden to curb japanese reverse importing if the general population doesnt have the space to build dvd libraries in the first place? and that link you sent explained that they do make money from non-japanese sales too. and since our markets buy more they ultimately would make more money over here.

it seems it would make sense to focus on the bigger markets aka not japanese markets rather than the smaller markets.

To add on what was said, most Japanese people have limited living space, so they don't buy many series or movies. They rent them. Unlike here, where the rental market is almost nonexistant, Japan still has a thriving rental economy over there. Once a TV show airs, rental-only DVDs of the show appear a month or two later. You can rent an entire anime series for a fraction of the cost of buying it.

As for the sales today, my recommendations today are: Eden of the East Movie 2, His and Her Circumstances, anything Patlabor, and all the Tenchi except GXP.

I would recommend Black Lagoon, but I despise those bloated cases FUNimation uses.
yeah as stated if space is an issue i think they would chose renting no matter what even if is cheaper to buy it outright. the whole minimalist lifestyle thing. some folks just dont want to own anything

and yes I second eden of the east(the whole series really) and black lagoon. cases be damned.....its a great series.

well i wouldnt be comparing wage and living standards from country to country as that varies wildly.
It's comparing two countries... In general, living in Japan cost like 10% less than New York City. So imagine making $15k a year and living in NYC.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/19/a-shirobako-guide-to-anime-industry-salaries

that said....I seriously doubt piracy is enforced anywhere simply because it is beyond impractical to even begin to enforce it on a widescale....sure you see certain websites take hits here and there but they always come back and due to the wide scale use of piracy it is literally impossible to enforce. it is the old problem....if there is one cop and 10 speeders.....well either 10 speeders get away or 9 get away....you just cant enforce a law that literally everyone breaks. it's why the worst time to speed is when you are all alone on the road but the best time is during heavy traffic hours because cops can't do anything due to sheer volume. yes some pirates as stated get nailed here and there but thats like 1% of the population and those websites always come back.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_sharing_in_Japan

You hear about people getting find tens of thousands of dollars all the time for sharing one episode in Japan.

Edit: Basically, in short, while seemingly stupid, the high prices are necessary. Otherwise, anime wouldn't exist.

Edit 2: Also, before you say $22k is more than minimum wage... yea, if they didn't work 90+ hours a week.

Reminder that pre-orders for Harlock on 3D Bluray are going on now at Twilight Time's website: http://www.twilighttimemovies.com/harlock-space-pirate/

It will supposedly be released on 12/8. While I'm not excited for the $35 price, I enjoyed the film immensely and can't wait to watch it in 3D...so it was an instant pre-order for me. Not a deal, per se,  but I'm suspicious if this one will ever drop lower. It's only a 3,500 print run and some out-of-print Twilight Time releases can fetch high prices later on.

Unfortunately, the French release still looked more impressive (in terms of box and packaging), and I liked the steelbook for the UK release, but at least we're getting it in NA at all. 

Is Noragami supposed to be good? I keep reading high praise for its second season on ANN, and I noticed that despite RS's "sale" price of $34.99, Amazon has it for $31.99 (though I suspect it might be the standard edition).
Yeah it's definitely the standard edition on sale for $32 at Amazon. Fantastic show, by the way. Great mixture of comedy and action. I highly recommend it. I'm debating whether or not to pick up the LE from Rightstuf or wait to see if it drops lower.

I'd say pass on Rail Wars,unless your a fan of poorly animated schlock harems with the crutch being the amount of fanservice it has.
I enjoyed the show, but I only blurays at this point. If I recall correctly, it was surprisingly popular in Japan and there may be a chance for a 2nd season.

I would recommend watching a few eps on crunchy and seeing if you enjoy it enough to purchase it.

It's comparing two countries... In general, living in Japan cost like 10% less than New York City. So imagine making $15k a year and living in NYC.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/19/a-shirobako-guide-to-anime-industry-salaries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_sharing_in_Japan

You hear about people getting find tens of thousands of dollars all the time for sharing one episode in Japan.

Edit: Basically, in short, while seemingly stupid, the high prices are necessary. Otherwise, anime wouldn't exist.

Edit 2: Also, before you say $22k is more than minimum wage... yea, if they didn't work 90+ hours a week.
really the cost of living Japan is comparable to NYC? really had no idea it was that insane. I dont really know either way so we'll go with it....but just always picture NYC as insane cost of living....never imagined Japan was that bad.

and yes you do hear about random piraters getting fined....but my point remains you cant catch an entire population doing it because 1 cop versus 10 speeders. so I do wonder how many actually get caught. your link just says it is worse in Japan than other countries....doesnt really say how often people get caught though and even explains how Japanese get around it.

A little jealous ;p been hunting a decent priced one on Ebay for a few~
as a rabid evangelion Fan....got it the first chance I Got years ago. i think for around 40-50 at a local anime shop we used to have that closed up because I suspect it was:
1. terrible terrible location

2. terrible advertising

that said I have to thank them because it was a fun store and it is where i got my now impossible to find blue plush tachikomas.

Rightstuf is showing The Eccentric Family as out of stock but you can still add to cart. If I ordered it would I receive it?

Ooo, Tenchi Universe is on sale. I saw the first two episodes years ago on Adult Swim and would have seen more if they aired them. Tempting.

Rightstuf is showing The Eccentric Family as out of stock but you can still add to cart. If I ordered it would I receive it?
As far as I know it's still in print, so unless it goes out of print, it'll ship eventually. Otherwise, it'll get canceled if they never get any more.

Yen Press announced on Wednesday that it has licensed the Asterisk War and Re:Zero manga and light novel series, as well as the Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria light novel series.

Thank you Yen Press. Love the Light Novel love.

I have that platinum set as well. It's pretty good. Inside the case is a bunch of slimcases for each disc. It also has plenty of extras.

Darn Neon Genesis Evangelion and its re-releases. 

NGE: Perfect Collection

NGE: Platinum Complete Collection

NGE: Platinum Perfect Collection.

Yeah I've got the Platinum Collection.  I should really watch that show again.  I have been hoping and waiting for a blu-ray release though. 

I wonder who owns the rights to the shows and the movies and why they are not in production. 

Mega Deals

Day 22

Is This A Zombie? of the Dead Blu-ray/DVD Anime Classics Retail Price: $49.98, Your Member Price: $24.99

Limited Time Offer December 3 - 9

Black Lagoon Manga 01 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Black Lagoon Manga 10 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Black Lagoon Manga 02 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Black Lagoon Manga 03 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Black Lagoon Manga 04 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Black Lagoon Manga 05 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Black Lagoon Manga 06 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Black Lagoon Manga 07 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Black Lagoon Manga 08 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Black Lagoon Manga 09 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Black Lagoon Manga Bundle Limited Time Offer Your Price: $62.35

Gangsta. Manga 01 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Gangsta. Manga 02 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Gangsta. Manga 03 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Gangsta. Manga 04 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Gangsta. Manga 05 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Gangsta. Manga 06 Limited Time Offer Your Price: $6.50

Gangsta. Manga Bundle Limited Time Offer Your Price: $37.41

Day 22

Another Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Another DVD Your Price: $20.99

Black Jack Manga 17 Your Price: $8.48

The Black Rat DVD Your Price: $3.99

BTOOOM! Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

BTOOOM! DVD Your Price: $20.99

Cat's Eye Season 2 DVD Your Price: $29.99

Couple Manga 01 Your Price: $2.49

Couple Manga 02 Your Price: $2.49

Couple Manga 03 Your Price: $2.49

Cruel Restaurant DVD Your Price: $3.00

Devils and Realist DVD Your Price: $19.99

Element Line Manga 01 Your Price: $3.49

Element Line Manga 02 Your Price: $3.49

Element Line Manga 03 Your Price: $3.49

Element Line Manga 04 Your Price: $3.49

Fruits Basket 18-Month Planner Your Price: $4.99

Fruits Basket DVD Anime Classics Your Price: $24.99

Fruits Basket Fan Book: Banquet Your Price: $4.99

Fruits Basket Fan Book: Neko Cat Your Price: $4.39

Fruits Basket Journal (Hardcover) Your Price: $2.49

Fruits Basket Sticker Collection Your Price: $4.49

Fruits Basket Ultimate Edition Manga 04 Your Price: $5.99

Ghost Hound Complete Collection Blu-ray Your Price: $31.49

Gluttonous DVD Your Price: $2.00

Hero Heel Manga 01 Adult Your Price: $6.49

Hetalia Season 5 (The Beautiful World) Limited Edition DVD Your Price: $19.99

Hyperdimension Neptunia Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $34.99

Iceman Blu-ray Your Price: $14.99

Iceman DVD Your Price: $12.49

Izanagi Persona 4 Plush (8 in) Your Price: $14.39

The Japanese Tea Garden (Paperback) Your Price: $19.98

Kampfer TV Series + OVA Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

Kampfer TV Series DVD Your Price: $17.49

Kampfer OVA: Fur die Liebe DVD Your Price: $6.99

Kana ~ Okaeri/Sensei 2 DVD-ROM Game Set (Windows) Adult Your Price: $14.97

Luffy One Piece Plush (8 in) Your Price: $13.59

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $13.99

Maid Sama! Complete Collection Blu-ray Your Price: $39.99

Maid Sama! Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $31.99

Make Love & Peace Manga Adult Your Price: $3.29

Maohden Novel 01 Your Price: $6.49

Motto To Love Ru (Season 2) Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

Motto To Love Ru (Season 2) DVD Your Price: $17.49

Naruto: Shippuden Movie 6: Road to Ninja DVD Your Price: $9.99

Naruto: Shippuden Movie 6: Road to Ninja Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $19.99

Naruto Movie: Triple Feature DVD Your Price: $9.99

The Princess and the Pilot Premium Edition Blu-ray Your Price: $28.99

Sake Confidential: A Beyond-The-Basics Guide Your Price: $5.98

SD Rei Free! Keychain PU Leather Your Price: $5.59

Shining Hearts Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Shining Hearts DVD Your Price: $20.99

Songs to Make You Smile: Stories from the Creator of Fruits Your Price: $5.19

Submarine 707R Limited Edition DVD Your Price: $3.29

Sukisho Complete Collection DVD Litebox Your Price: $9.99

The Last: Naruto the Movie Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $14.99

To Love Ru (Season 1) Complete Collection Blu-ray Your Price: $31.49

To Love Ru Darkness (Season 3) Complete Collection Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

To Love Ru Darkness (Season 3) Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $17.49

To Love Ru (Season 1) Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $24.49

Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie CD Soundtrack Your Price: $1.99

We're Going to Eat You DVD Your Price: $1.99

xxxHOLiC Complete Series DVD S.A.V.E. Edition  Your Price: $14.99

Yoshitaka Amano: Collected Art of Vampire Hunter D Your Price: $14.98

You and Me, Etc. Manga Adult Your Price: $5.99

Yeah I've got the Platinum Collection. I should really watch that show again. I have been hoping and waiting for a blu-ray release though.

I wonder who owns the rights to the shows and the movies and why they are not in production.
you and me both. i do watch the movie yearly usually. it hilariously syncs to avril lavigne songs.

but yeah why is this series not on blu ray yet???? surely someone in this thread knows.

Yeah I've got the Platinum Collection. I should really watch that show again. I have been hoping and waiting for a blu-ray release though.

The last thing I remember seeing was ADV/Sentai saying that they decided not to try to keep the license and we're going to let the series go out of print. I believe that was around the time that Funi released 2.22, but I've seen nothing new since then. As for the movies I believe Manga stopped US operations, but probably still retains the license.

Definitely picking up Neptunia and Zombie from today's deals.

Is $25 a good price for Btoom? I enjoyed SAO but despised log horizon and Accel World.

bread's done
Back