Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Does RightStuf not do partial shipments anymore? I'm pretty sure the only thing from my Christmas order that wasn't in stock was the Hanasaku Iroha movie. I haven't bought anything since they updated their site, so I'm not sure if something changed or if they're just backed up with orders...

Does RightStuf not do partial shipments anymore? I'm pretty sure the only thing from my Christmas order that wasn't in stock was the Hanasaku Iroha movie. I haven't bought anything since they updated their site, so I'm not sure if something changed or if they're just backed up with orders...
It seems to be rather hit or miss with them nowadays on that.

They still have really given a concrete or clear response in their new practices involving partial shipment, so yeah, it's a toss up. :(

Could be worse, a professor at my college pronounced it "Mahn-juh", he said he had heard it in an anime, and I later realized he had heard it in the dub for Saikano, the best friend as she was you know whatting said I read it in a "mahn-juh".  I tried, repeatedly, to tell him it's pronounced "mahn-guh" but he kept butchering it.  (and yes he was pretty knowledgeable about anime)

Could be worse, a professor at my college pronounced it "Mahn-juh"
I still taunt my nine year old nephew by pretending I think Pokemon is pronounced Pokeman. The fits and spasms of rage never get old, especially around Halloween, when I ask if he's dressing up as Batman, Spider-Man, or Pokeman.

I needed it ASAP since the moment it was first announced.
gaOciBo.jpg

RightStuf send out a notice yesterday that they will still honor pre-orders of Eva 3.33 from 2013, but that you need to make sure the credit card info is up to date.

RightStuf send out a notice yesterday that they will still honor pre-orders of Eva 3.33 from 2013, but that you need to make sure the credit card info is up to date.
It's also good to note that they're going to fulfill those orders first, so if they do run out somehow, it won't be a screw job for those that have had it pre-ordered for years (wow, I can actually say years) now.

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Azumanga Daioh Anime

Sentai Filmworks announced on Wednesday that it has licensed the Azumanga Daioh anime and plans to release the series on home video as part of its Sentai Selects line. The release will have both English-subtitled and English-dubbed formats. Does not include the OVA

I doubt they will but it would be awesome if they included a translator note booklet with all the stuff from the original release.

Holy crap, a pending cc charge from RS. This is happening!

My order is from February 2014. I have avoided watching the sub all this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urTqFMjFvrU

I doubt they will but it would be awesome if they included a translator note booklet with all the stuff from the original release.
Seeing how it's going to be in their low budget release line, the chances of that will be next to zero.

Wait...... Eva 3.33 is finally coming out?!? My 2014 Amazon Preorder has become like a part of the family to me, I dont know what I will do if I dont have a permanent active purchase....

cR8WBVh.gif

But seriously...... *cautiously optimistic* yay

Wait...... Eva 3.33 is finally coming out?!? My 2014 Amazon Preorder has become like a part of the family to me, I dont know what I will do if I dont have a permanent active purchase....

cR8WBVh.gif

But seriously...... *cautiously optimistic* yay
Well, Rightstuf did at least post pictures of their inventory of them, so at least we know they actually exist now in a physical form.

Well, besides no one else mentioned it yet here, Strawberry Marshmallow also being re-released by Sentai as well. But yeah, on the upcoming subject, Azu-Dai won't have the OVA included, nothing yet on Ichi-Maro's situation if their OVA will be included but we'll see.

(Besides Azu-Dai on the comedy front, I wish Sentai or whoever can also get "Cromartie High School" as a re-release since its kinda the reverse Azu-Dai in a sense...and Freddie! X3)

I'm looking forward to a re-release of Ichigo Mashimaro since I missed out when Geneon released a complete set before it went out of business, but hopefully it will include the OVAs.

Now if only someone would finally license Nichijou...

It has a good concept and it's well directed,but the script is garbage.
Script is fine if you remove

Five or at least make her an independent third party that both the police and main characters are up against.... her character works so much better as a third party, it's just stupid as it is.

The blu-ray release of Samurai Pizza Cats is now available for sale.

This is a bit of a strange release, though. To be fair, it is an extremely strange show, with a bizarre history. I suppose it's fitting that the modern commercial release would also be strange.

The blu-ray release is in standard definition. It's a blu-ray set, but the video on it is not high-definition. So you will basically be getting DVD-quality video from a Blu-ray release.

It's also worth noting that this commercial release is of the western version of the show, and that the Japanese original is not part of the collection. So no original Japanese audio. This is a bit more understandable, given the nature of the show's translation. This was one of those instances of a Japanese show being insanely cut and re-mixed when it came to U.S. shores. The original localizers didn't speak Japanese, so all they really had to go on was the visuals, not the scripts. They literally re-wrote the whole show, and re-mixed the episodes to fit what they felt the story should be.

Not really a release that I would recommend for anime fans. But for fans of strange older cartoons, and especially anyone interested in localization, it is probably a must have. It helps that this standard-definition Blu-ray release is so cheap, and includes the entire run of the series.

^^^

Old news, it was annouced that it was going to be SD to BD awhile back. Interesting though to actually see it. I was at BB on Sunday before the 19th and they had it out. Wanted $24.99 I think for it and I almost got it but then the more I thought about it the more I was like nah. I did like the slipcover for it though. And might get it when it drops to $15 as that would be a fair price.

Thanks for the interesting history about it as well. Didn't know about the localization facts about it.

bread's done
Back