Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the term was coined long before the website came out. It comes from a mid- 80's hentai called Creamy Lemon. I highly doubt the game was referencing the website.
What's the game though? These are the things that set off my ocd. Also, that's a neat fact about Creamy Lemon, I wasn't aware about that.

Rightstuf serious has let go of their packaging quality. It's still better than most but I'm disappointed that my Love Live box s2 was similarly damaged like ordering from RACs minus the sand dirt. :( I used to order premium editions from Rightstuf and they used a layer of bubble wrap then a bunch of brown paper wrapping. But today, they used a layer of plastic wrap than a single use of brown paper. I bet if they used more brown paper, it would be fine... So I'm gonna contact customer service since they're still nice people. I hope.

/endofrant

Of course someone License rescued Dai Guard after I had to replace two of my discs that were faulty.  (thankfully I only paid a few bucks for each)

Dai-Guard is a pretty awesome show that could use some love.

Will need to see the extras before getting rid of my ADV copies though.

What's the game though? These are the things that set off my ocd. Also, that's a neat fact about Creamy Lemon, I wasn't aware about that.
Oh, the game is Project X Zone 2. The character is the pervy Otaku demon fox girl Xiaomu.

I fuck ing love Dai Guard, I've loved it since the moment I saw the trailer for it on an ADV dvd years ago.  I think the dub is probably one of the best to come out of ADV.  (you can disagree on this but it's just my opinion, and yes I know the female lead overacts a little, though that is something you expect from shounen robot anime)  Anyway, I was going to say something else, but I forget what it was.

if you said that a week ago I would have agreed.

but when I have dennou coil and skip beat coming. I have to disagree as this is the most excited I have been about anime releases in a while lol.
We also have Garo season 1, and Rage of Bahamut.Also have Death Parade and possibly Legend of the Galactic Heroes at some point later this year.

We also have Garo season 1, and Rage of Bahamut.Also have Death Parade and possibly Legend of the Galactic Heroes at some point later this year.
well if we want to just go with awesome things releasing at some point this year. You also have nozaki-kun and one punch man.

and I would put it at about 75% odds that we get a dbz kai season 2 part 1 release at the end of this year as toonami should start airing it a bit before the end of the year.

Rightstuf serious has let go of their packaging quality. It's still better than most but I'm disappointed that my Love Live box s2 was similarly damaged like ordering from RACs minus the sand dirt. :( I used to order premium editions from Rightstuf and they used a layer of bubble wrap then a bunch of brown paper wrapping. But today, they used a layer of plastic wrap than a single use of brown paper. I bet if they used more brown paper, it would be fine... So I'm gonna contact customer service since they're still nice people. I hope.

/endofrant
I think I had the opposite problem.

My package was incredibly well wrapped, and the box was beat to crap, so good thing it was packed so well, but the issue comes down to the poor quality of the item, and the decision they made to actually ship something of such awful quality to a customer. I would like to say there went dents and creases all over the box because of the poor packaging, but I can't, which means this was sent like this. And the worst part is that the box itself has dirt and grime on it inside of the shrink wrap, which was the straw that broke the camel's back. The quality control has really gone to shit in recent years, and starting to get pretty fed up with it all. ~_~

I fuck ing love Dai Guard, I've loved it since the moment I saw the trailer for it on an ADV dvd years ago. I think the dub is probably one of the best to come out of ADV. (you can disagree on this but it's just my opinion, and yes I know the female lead overacts a little, though that is something you expect from shounen robot anime) Anyway, I was going to say something else, but I forget what it was.
While I won't say it's the #1 best, it is up there. All the voices fit and the acting is pretty decent.

And it has a seriously addictive opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch8Zq10_luA

Has anyone bought used manga from goHastings before?

There's a deal for 43% off used books, games, etc. for today (use code THANKS430K), but its not worth it to me if their used books are marked up.

Has anyone bought used manga from goHastings before?

There's a deal for 43% off used books, games, etc. for today (use code THANKS430K), but its not worth it to me if their used books are marked up.
the books I have gotten have been pretty good, though I am personally waiting for a freeship + X% off coupon before buying manga as it usually results in much better savings unless you are getting newish manga.

the books I have gotten have been pretty good, though I am personally waiting for a freeship + X% off coupon before buying manga as it usually results in much better savings unless you are getting newish manga.
Cool. I've been recently going on a manga shopping spree so maybe I should be a little more patient. I haven't seen free shipping on their site very often though, especially with a % off.

The manga I was looking at was Unofficial Hatsune Mix. I checked it out at Barnes & Noble and it looked like a fun read. Getting it for 50% retail seems good to me, but I'm not in a hurry to get it.

Cool. I've been recently going on a manga shopping spree so maybe I should be a little more patient. I haven't seen free shipping on their site very often though, especially with a % off.

The manga I was looking at was Unofficial Hatsune Mix. I checked it out at Barnes & Noble and it looked like a fun read. Getting it for 50% retail seems good to me, but I'm not in a hurry to get it.
the free shipping +x% off are rather rare... like maybe twice a year things compared to the 40+% off coupons they seem to do every other week.

Ugh, Gohastings had used copies of Fairy Tail collections 4 and 5 in stock yesterday, and they just HAPPENED to both sell before today.  And, watch, they'll be back in stock after the sale is over.

I ordered some manga last week and they all came in very good condition at worst.

Just make sure the covers of the manga don't look similar to each other. I tried ordering Highschool of the Dead Volume 2 5 or 6 times and every time I got Volume 5 instead because the covers look so similar and Hastings' listings rarely include a volume number.

if you said that a week ago I would have agreed.

but when I have dennou coil and skip beat coming. I have to disagree as this is the most excited I have been about anime releases in a while lol.
Oh wow, I just read that news about dennou coil. That's awesome. It further reiterates what a banner year 2007 was for anime. Section 23 is usually a tad on the expensive side, but maybe it won't be as bad since it's an older property.

Ugh, Gohastings had used copies of Fairy Tail collections 4 and 5 in stock yesterday, and they just HAPPENED to both sell before today. And, watch, they'll be back in stock after the sale is over.
If it makes you feel any better, it probably would've been cancelled anyways, or at least one of them, lol.

I ordered 3, 4, and 5 last time, and I only received 5. :p

I never had a problem with Rightstuf packaging. Also, I've never seen them wrap anything with plastic. They would always include a cardboard layout inside the box that fits just right with whatever DVD's or books I ordered.

Now I see they are having a Discotek sale right now. From what I saw of Dai Guard, I liked it so I'll add it to my cart. I'm open to recommendations. 

Rightstuf told me that their copies that they have are somewhat similarly damaged for their remaining copies, so there no point in an exchange. I'm just going to return it and buy from CollectorsAnime and give them a chance. I see the owner on Fandompost, so I hope it will be a nice transaction. :)

But I'm surprised at Rightstuf...

I got the same response from Rightstuf.

I may just stop shopping there altogether as their quality has really dropped drastically in recent time, and has been vastly disappointing.

Now I see they are having a Discotek sale right now. From what I saw of Dai Guard, I liked it so I'll add it to my cart. I'm open to recommendations.
Pretty much everything in their lineup is worth owning. IGPX, Cromartie High School, Cutie Honey, Dr. Slump, Detective Conan, Fist of the North Star, Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 1, Ghost Stories, Library War, Monster Rancher, etc.

Oh wow, I just read that news about dennou coil. That's awesome. It further reiterates what a banner year 2007 was for anime. Section 23 is usually a tad on the expensive side, but maybe it won't be as bad since it's an older property.
it's up on rightstuf already it will be like $50 per 13 episodes.

to be fair section 23 isn't bad price wise and sites like best buy often run a sale eventually.

Rightstuf told me that their copies that they have are somewhat similarly damaged for their remaining copies, so there no point in an exchange. I'm just going to return it and buy from CollectorsAnime and give them a chance. I see the owner on Fandompost, so I hope it will be a nice transaction. :)

But I'm surprised at Rightstuf...
it's weird that they think it's alright to sell damaged goods as new.

They should at least have a disclaimer on their page, or offer you guys a discount o_O

I never had a problem with Rightstuf packaging. Also, I've never seen them wrap anything with plastic. They would always include a cardboard layout inside the box that fits just right with whatever DVD's or books I ordered.

Captain Harlock,and Space Adventure Cobra the movie,

Welp, guess I'm ordering Unofficial Hatsune Mix from goHastings. My Angewomon figure just got canceled by Crunchyroll (cancelled worldwide except Japan apparently), so that frees up $80 for me. $9.69 isn't too bad of a price

Oh, I thought the sale price was already applied.

Still not that great though. I think I've seen them for about $15.50 before (I would have jumped on them, but I really didn't have the money to spare at the time).

I want to say Ceres is decent, it's from the same lady that made Fushigi Yugi.  I need to watch that whole series some day.  Also, Dai Guard is a mother fucking steal at that price.  Ghost Stories is a bland anime, but the dub is hilarious.  I've heard really great things about Night on the Galactic Railroad.  I'm probably gonna get Night, and Little Nemo

Captain Harlock was excellent, a lil slow burn to start but overall worth the watch. Trying to get a copy on blu-ray is like pulling teeth though.

Captain Harlock was excellent, a lil slow burn to start but overall worth the watch. Trying to get a copy on blu-ray is like pulling teeth though.
You mean the movie version of Harlock on Blu-ray? It's readily available from Twilight Time - the set comes with both the Japanese and International versions, and both in 2D and 3D... The international version has the English Dub, the longer JP version is sub-only. They just released this last month...

http://www.twilighttimemovies.com/harlock-space-pirate-blu-ray/

I have a question about Rightsufs shipping methods. I recently placed an order for a mix of in stock and pre-order items. They partially shipped my items about 4 weeks after the initial order, which would have been fine, if one of the preorders wasn't Love Live S2 ce. If they had waited just another week to ship, I could have received love live and another one of my POs too.

So now I'm waiting on 4 items to come in. 2 of which have already been released, and a manga that comes out in like 3 months. I emailed them and they won't ship until that last thing comes in stock.

Does that sound normal to you guys? My experience with them has always been great. They typically break up orders in ways that make sense.

They do some odd things with shipping. Some of them make sense, some don't. They just shipped a recent order with my Death Note pre-order and charged me shipping for it, which I'm arguing with them. When you group orders together it's a net save on shipping for the retailer and they are arguing the reverse, which is insane. I've read on here lots of mixed experiences RE: how they handle shipping since they moved to the new site. The old site or process apparently was more intelligent.

I have a question about Rightsufs shipping methods. I recently placed an order for a mix of in stock and pre-order items. They partially shipped my items about 4 weeks after the initial order, which would have been fine, if one of the preorders wasn't Love Live S2 ce. If they had waited just another week to ship, I could have received love live and another one of my POs too.

So now I'm waiting on 4 items to come in. 2 of which have already been released, and a manga that comes out in like 3 months. I emailed them and they won't ship until that last thing comes in stock.

Does that sound normal to you guys? My experience with them has always been great. They typically break up orders in ways that make sense.
i've been sitting on an order for 2.5 months now through them because I have a preordered light novel in it that doesn't come out until next month.

it seems that partial shipping has mostly gone away with them and if you want your items you shouldn't order stuff that is in preorder state unless you are okay with waiting for that preordered item to become available.

RightStuf's shipping times, and partial-shipping definitely took a hit when they switched over to the new website. If I remember, with partial shippping they would ship things out bi-weekly if I am not mistaked if I had items waiting from a larger order.

On a recent manga and Light novel order, it took almost two months to get anything from it. But be it as slow as it is, everything I have gotten has been packed to perfection, and everything came in pristine condition (Especially my manga and light novel orders.)

I can deal with the wait as I am generally in no rush to get them as more or less they'll go straight to my collection, and you can't really beat the prices on bulk manga/light novel preorders during their studio sales (With the Got Anime membership)

RightStuf's shipping times, and partial-shipping definitely took a hit when they switched over to the new website. If I remember, with partial shippping they would ship things out bi-weekly if I am not mistaked if I had items waiting from a larger order.

On a recent manga and Light novel order, it took almost two months to get anything from it. But be it as slow as it is, everything I have gotten has been packed to perfection, and everything came in pristine condition (Especially my manga and light novel orders.)

I can deal with the wait as I am generally in no rush to get them as more or less they'll go straight to my collection, and you can't really beat the prices on bulk manga/light novel preorders during their studio sales (With the Got Anime membership)
Just annoyed really, what if my copy of Love Live is damaged or something. I'll be SOL in a few months with that. If it was anything else, I wouldn't care.

bread's done
Back